Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does *lively* mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vancer
Msg: 7
Perplexed!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My review of the post history though, has lead me to believe this is about something that is messing with the comfort levels of men around the OP. A type of subtle negativity.
It may not even be something she is aware of.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 8
Perplexed!
Posted: 5/28/2008 4:20:45 PM
Hmmm...I wouldn't really know, since I don't assess women (or men either, for that matter) by their "liveliness" factor...

He might have meant "young" but more likely was remembering back...

and you aren't the same woman you were 35 years ago, now are you?...

Let's hope you've both matured beyond the psychological age of 17 by now...

Annudder
 Vancer
Msg: 9
Perplexed!
Posted: 5/28/2008 11:29:27 PM
I think some people who are bashing the guy in the story, need to be reminded he was described as presently being a widower, only wanted to be friends with the OP, dated the OP a long time ago, and even said he was getting uncomfortable with the persistent questioning.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 10
Perplexed!
Posted: 5/29/2008 11:18:00 AM
Someone who is "lively" is just not "you"--he was giving you (and himself) an out without having to say "I'm not attracted to you".
 Miss W
Msg: 11
Perplexed!
Posted: 5/29/2008 11:26:16 AM
Entering the thread with a forged man card...
OP, you dodged a bullet from this geezer. "Lively" has many meanings, in this case, I get the impression that perhaps he may have meant a younger woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does *lively* mean to you?