Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 simplywhatever
Msg: 96
Do you do drugs?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ive never tried pot, I have had the occasional alcoholic drink but Ive never been drunk.

IMO drugs are any type of product that changes the way you would normally act. Cigarettes are a drug because they become addictive, and you will have a with drawls. Ive tried dating pot smokers but Ive decided its not for me because the pot always comes first and most pot smokers believe nothing is fun unless you are stoned while doing it. I couldnt care a less what people do behind their doors, but I dont agree with anyone smoking, drinking or doing any type of drug in front of a child, if you want to fry your brain cells do it alone.

What i think is hilarious is when people say pot isnt a drug, of course its a drug, and its hilarious when the same people say oh its not a drug, but I make sure I dont let my boss see Im high, or my new gf, or my parents, and i make sure I dont drive stoned(of course not, you could kill someone because you're stoned)...if you have to hide it then obviously you know theres something wrong with it. And yes pot is a herb, but what about the chemicals they add to it?
I just think most pot smokers are in denial. Its a drug, it makes you high, and it kills brain cells.
 My I
Msg: 98
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:37:33 PM
If they told him not to smoke cigarettes and found nicotine in his blood then he would have been in trouble

^^ Not realistic, or legal, for an employer to assume they can do that. Smokers can not be disciplined/terminated because they smoke unless there is a legally recognized job requirement/criteria/restriction - and that is very rare, if at all.

Cigarettes are a drug because they become addictive, and you will have a with drawls

Being addicted to something does not automatically constitue that element/substance as being a drug. Mental illness can cause an addictive appetite or desire.
Example: comfort food

On topic:

Yes, I've done drugs. I do not do drugs with any regularity. I think I did some once in the last several years.... didn't find the need to do it again.
 VainH
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 7/28/2008 8:55:01 PM

heroin use is quite proven to not be particularly harmful to the body
What quack did you hear that from? Prolonged heroin use damages the nervous, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems and can damage the liver and kidneys, not to mention that injection can lead to contracting HIV, Hep B and C, or bloodborne infections. Some of these are a result of what it's cut with, but taking pure smack will more than likely send you into a coma and/or respiratory arrest.

That you can OD on heroin and die, whereas it's virtually impossible to do so on pot, should be proof enough in the stupidity of that statement.

I'm not advocating the use of any drug, but quit buying into the bullshit.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:53:08 PM
Nah, never have, never will....

nabru
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:29:29 AM
Yes, I do (pot) & have been truthfull about it all my life. Didn't think that my pof profile was the place to start lying:)
 nabru
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:04:18 PM
If people want to think that I'm a 'junkie' because of a joint or two .... well, lets just say that those type of narrow minded people, I have no time for. "Judge not lest ye be judged"!!!
 someonetookmyname
Msg: 105
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:22:41 PM
wow the shit you learn on pof in the forums ... i had no idea pot wasnt a drug but it is listed as a Narcotic ( the thc is the drug )tho pot alone and in its natural form contains 5% thc , hash has 16 % thc and oil has 60% thc ... ( all come from the same plant )of course thc being the DRUG in the plant that gives you the high , i think the confusion stems from Laws and social distrust ( just like alchol was 80 yrs ago ) ... to think folks thinks its a harmless herb that can be used to help the sick maintain there eating habits ... on the flip side of that the dealers that sell the pot usually have guns or other weapons on hand so it depends on how you want to look at the topic ... herion good for you ? dood put the needle away and get some education on the subject , watch some intervention or read a bit see what it does to lives ... ive seen it first hand . The americans war on drugs , well americans are americans and wouldnt know what peace was if it slept with their daughter ... no war no power ... REhab Question? nothing like taking pot shots ( no pun intended ) on those wishing to change their current life , very tasteful... good job champ . trying to Minimize the DRUG question with coffee or known mediacal reliefs ? how far do you all wish to steer away from the topic to justify your thinking ? even bringing that up was a waste of text , im sure most know that both of these are or do contain drugs . Drinking is NOT seen the same way by law enforcement seeing as there is no way to detect if someone is smoking pot and driving or just naturally stupid , being drunk behind the wheel is a proven way to die considering the 2 have differant effects on people i highly doubt they should be compared but do compare away ... do get angry when your point is scoffed at ... its the pofing way after all .Me I dont care if someone smokes pot , but anything other than that ... ya I care about so ... if any needlehead reads this ... dont message me =] oh man .... richard OD`ing on pot ? now you just took over for the most retarded comment in this thread thus far ... congrats and way to research it champ ... after reading this forum , I have the anwser to why some of you are single lol ...
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 10/26/2008 5:51:01 PM
I odn't smoke pot. I have in the past but didn't like falling asleep hungry because I would get the munchies but be too lazy to get up and get me something to eat lmao.

I will say that if I had no choice and had to hang out with either a group of pot smokers or a group of alcoholics I would choose the pot smokers. Less violent, less volatile. Drunks ar emore violent, obnoxious and idiotic. Ya dont' see many people smoke up and get into brawls do you? lol.
 My I
Msg: 119
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/29/2008 5:47:57 PM

If you drink coffee or smoke cigarettes you do drugs.

If you need your coffee to function in the morning, then you are a drug addict.

If Tim hortons had a drive thru "Pot Pickup" window your argument would be valid.

I can just imagine:

Smoker, "I'd like the Columbia combo, please,"
Employee, "We ran out of that, sir. We do have the Pothead combo. It comes with fresh BC grass and a bag of munchies. And for your family we have the hashish potato meltdown"
 My I
Msg: 121
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/29/2008 9:56:27 PM

A former employee of a Halifax Tim Hortons accused of selling drugs through a drive-thru window has pleaded guilty to trafficking marijuana.

*http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2000/06/28/ns_grasstims000628.html

So I guess it is valid.

Well...... the fact that nobody has been charged with trafficking cafiene still makes your argument invalid.
 ChrisCocain
Msg: 122
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/30/2008 3:22:28 AM
i smoke pot.. socially.. which is at the most about once a month..
 consciousjtoronto
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 7/27/2009 10:28:43 PM
This is the dumbest thread I've read on the internet. There are actually people who believe you can overdose on WEED?

On WEED?!

For the record, the lethal dose for THC is more than 15 grams. That means you would need to inhale 15 grams worth of marijuana in ONE toke in order to die. If you think this is somehow humanly possible, by all means try it.
 hooverhound82
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 7/28/2009 10:35:59 PM
it seems with all the responses at least it appears to be that most of us have come cross some sort of drug and how many actually said yes in their profile? SUPERHIGH me!!!!!
 My I
Msg: 132
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:13:16 PM

Oh please James...get your head out of your ass!

^^^ I always laugh at that when said by a woman.

I'm not going to be hypocritical about pot use. Years ago I smoked qite regularly. I drank regularly as well. It was through those years of experience when I decided to quit because I was developing certain behavioural habits/patterns. I also became frustrated at the fact I lost so much money nurturing the habits.

Based on these things, I prefer not to get involved in a long term relationship with someone who smokes pot regularly and/or drinks excessively. They are expensive habits and I don't want part of my financial resources compensating for the habit.

I am friends with smokers - I have no problem with that. But, for my lifestyle and for the things I went through I would rather remain as friends and forego the long term monogamous relationship. I'm not placing myself on a pedestal.... I simply do not like the impact such a habit would have on my personal life and my personal finances.

See, this is the problem with drug users, they are constantly trying to justify their addiction, and make themselves feel better about their choices

Not all users are self proclaimed defense attorney's.... it just seems that way
 curious2bhere
Msg: 134
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:37:41 AM
Kinda of a vague question regarding use of drugs,question is which type, legal or illegal drugs, organic or synthetic any substance that alters the body physically or mentally is a drug is it not?

caffine
alcohol
nicotine
daily supplementals
chocolate
soda pop
processed foods are loaded with chemicals, which is a drug.

maybe the question asked should have been ,"Do you have an addiction?" just for clarifaction purposes regarding this topic.

Lmao ok I'll shud up now
 Stag789
Msg: 135
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/1/2011 12:03:24 AM
Alone? For the rest of their lives?! How naive can anyone be? Do you people honestly think that the drug users are a tiny huddled mass of trolls? I shake my head and wonder how long you've been brainwashed into believing that nobody does drugs. If no one does it, then why is it such a lucrative business? Clergy, business people, professionals, doctors, lawyers, we all do drugs. And if you think that you don't, then what is that bottle of prescription pills? Don't tell me they are safe because it comes out of a lab. Do some research, then you will see the propaganda. Thank you.
 Tall-N-Lonely
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/7/2011 1:59:48 PM
I smoke pot every day and tonnes of people have talked to me on this site. You are out of your mind lady.
 Cool_Magic
Msg: 137
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 11/30/2011 3:40:33 PM
There is nothing wrong with seeking people who have the same interests. Some people are afraid of judgement, like right now I am afraid of being judged for taking omega 3 supplement because according to this forum, supplements are drugs too. Is it me or are some people here less than kind for no reason?
 ontario_woman
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:32:02 AM
Just be honest and quit trying to split hairs over what that question means. It means "do you partake of illegal recreational drugs". It does not mean "do you drink alcohol?" There is already a question for that. It does not mean "do you take doctor prescribed medication or over the counter drugs to treat an illness?". The question is referring to people who take drugs to get high.

Just be upfront about it so that you can find others who share the same interests as you and you don't waste the time of those of us who don't want to get involved with recreational drug users.
 Thennn
Msg: 139
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/11/2011 8:49:19 PM
I smoke pot, i've been known to do mushrooms on occasion. Nothing more.

Alchohol for the record is far worse than nearly any other drug out there. Everything is a drug, if you abuse it you will be abused in turn by it. People eat too much sugar, drink too much caffeine, and as a society we watch too much tv, and spend too much time escaping what is real by many other means. All these behaviours are symptomatic of addiction, calling something illegal or legal does not lend it any more credibility, or moral high ground. Be smart, everything in moderation.
 Thennn
Msg: 140
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/11/2011 8:53:20 PM
oh, and everyone self medicates.
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 141
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/13/2011 9:08:07 PM

Alchohol for the record is far worse than nearly any other drug out there. Everything is a drug, if you abuse it you will be abused in turn by it. People eat too much sugar, drink too much caffeine, and as a society we watch too much tv, and spend too much time escaping what is real by many other means. All these behaviours are symptomatic of addiction, calling something illegal or legal does not lend it any more credibility, or moral high ground. Be smart, everything in moderation.

You do know that excessive use of even something like marijuana can kill your brain cells permanently right? We are talking multiple times a day usage mind you, but I know people who have done it so excessively that you would think you are talking to a person born partially mentally challenged, that's how slow their brain is. Oh yeah, and I am sure alcohol is bad for you, I don't recall the last time someone died from drinking beer or wine that wasn't made at a brewery or winery, yet people die from home made recreational drugs like ecstasy and crystal meth a fair bit, I dare you to try and find me death numbers for homebrewing alcohol in Canada that are higher then those of people who have died from home made recreational drugs.

Pretty sure every drug is bad for you, at least in moderation alcohol won't kill you unless you make a stupid decision and get behind the wheel, I'd sooner take my chances with a home made beer or wine from some Italian guys tub then some ecstasy that some twit made in his home made drug lab.
 Thennn
Msg: 142
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/14/2011 1:06:48 AM
To be completely honest, I've smoked a lot of pot in my day, i've smoked pretty regularly for over 10 years, and I'm pretty sharp. I have gone many months at a time smoking several times a day and I haven't felt or behaved any worse for it. Some of the most intelligent and meaningful conversations i've had were with people who use drugs, and some of the most ridiculous and asinine opinions i've heard are from those who dogmatically abstain because they watched too many "just say no" adds when they were kids. There are studies that show that the side effects of pot last around 30 days, then they don't matter for the most part. If you meet a guy who you suspect smokes too much pot, and you think this person is permanently brain damaged because of it, you're just plain wrong. That guy's sniffin glue or doin whippits at the grocery store, pot doesn't have any long term side effects aside from short term memory loss, and even that comes back to an extent.

Stupid decisions can be made when sober also. I can't say much about the other drugs you mentioned as I haven't had any experience with them, but as i said, doing anything in excess is never a good idea.

You're asking for information that doesn't exist though so it's kinda difficult to argue. However i will say, that there are FAR more alchohol related deaths than pretty much anything else combined, besides cigarettes, in the drug category. This may just be because of the ease of access people have to it, but if you really want something you can find it.

Carl Sagan was an avid pot activist, he was a pretty clever guy btw.

Excess is bad for you regardless of the substance. Carrots have arsenic in them better watch out for them. Drugs are everything, it is how we treat them that decides our fate. We apply the word 'drug' to make it taboo, to attach meaning to substances regardless if we understand them or not. Drug's have also been a catalyst for some of contemporary humanities most glorious and entertaining achievements.

When's the last time you heard of someone smoking a bunch of pot, or doing some mushrooms or acid, etc, and going home and beatin the shit out of their kids? Doesn't happen... Alchohol on the other hand.... has played a major role in ruining families worldwide.
 Desmondault
Msg: 143
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/14/2011 10:16:14 PM
I answer Yes to that question. people consider marijuana a drug. but not tobacco.. like. Go Eff yourself tobacco is ten fold worse than good ol' Ganja but I changed my answer because I assumed people thought I did REAL drugs
 LifeBegins1
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 12/20/2011 2:20:50 AM
Absolutely Not, I also fully comprehend what the true meaning of the question is.

Perhaps the question should be "Can you pass a random drug test by an OPP" or "do you avoid cops because of the illegal drugs in your car".
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >