Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Merrylass
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Penis envy and women's views re: the penisPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think poor Siggy had a few issues of his own. He made the mistake of thinking women envied men's penii when what they envied was men's power. He made the mistake some people make to this day of reducing a man's worth to the appendage he sports.
 Tim61
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Penis envy and women's views re: the penis
Posted: 6/11/2008 2:14:50 AM
Tee Wrote " Personally you've seen one you've seen them all....

I don't think many guys would agree with you on that, every guy's Penis is different in many ways, here are just a few :- Length, Girth, Cut / Un- Cut, Shape, Colour.

as for who its attached to, is what really matters....

yes i can maybe agree with you on that score, but you never know what the guy has got in his pants untill that time comes do you, same goes for us guys. you takes your choice.

Tim
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/11/2008 7:57:05 AM
It has long been my theory that the differing genitalia affect how men and women act in the world.

Men's exposed genitalia make you more open sexually--you can be nothing BUT open, it's hanging there for all to see (damn clothing--who invented this?!), and we all know when you're ready. Women are more secretive because we CAN be, because we ARE physically. You never know by looking when we are ready.

I personally have penis pity--I think the exposure and frequency of orgasms leaves you with crappy orgasms. One at a time. You poor things.

I do not believe men aer ruled by their penises, but that some men pretend they don't have brains so that they can get away with awful behavior and blame that behavior on their having penises.
 heaight
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:19:05 AM
i doubt women envy men cause we've got a penis, thatsounds rediculous, like if i envied a girl cause she had boobs. and as a guy i think it would be more vital asking one if he was ruled by his penis, and not if chicks thought so, if a guy is honest he'll tell u, and no im not ruled by mine, thats silly.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/27/2015 5:19:51 PM
Most of Freud's theories have been disproved.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 10:06:58 PM
Kissfromarose

Absolutely I concur. Freud was sex obsessed. Women may envy the rights that having that between their legs automatically gives men but envy the penis?? I don't think so. Not nearly as pretty as a vjj. Comical at best and only attractive on a man I fancy. Men are ruled by it and many a great man has been brought down by the thing.....
 Dougtwo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 7:04:30 AM
The only time I am certain a woman envy's is when we are on a hike in the woods and she needs to go to the bathroom. I have had a few tell me while squatting in the bushes they wish they could go like a man when out in nature!
 Dee4166
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 5:08:46 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know that's where my own personal 'envy' comes from!!!! LMAO

Other than that...Freud was a man of his time and viewed things from a sexist POV for the most part....

Men were just MARVELOUS and so, naturally, EVERY woman wanted to be one!

NOT!!!! LOL

Could I live without menstruation and PAP smears and misogyny and so on?

Of course!!!

But I'm also not one of Freud's best 'examples', as I am a woman who actually doesn't hate women in general or is suspicious of them, and I like being a woman and I like MYSELF, more importantly....

Despite all of the claptrap that the world has fed me about how much BETTER it would be to be a man.....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >