Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rustygetsit
Msg: 226
Sensuality in your 50's.....Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

lol. I am 57 and my sensuality and sexuality have never been greater! I am amazed how many younger men write to me! I like men in my age range, however. Silly old fool.

Hit it right on the nail! I'll be 56 on Saturday, and have never felt more in tune, more alive and more sensual ever in my life as I do now! The inhibition is gone ... so, for me, I didn't lose my sensuality, but gained more with age ...
 Traviata
Msg: 227
Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 11/27/2009 8:14:14 PM
Na. You were just lucky to be spared that dude's bagage
 johnybuck
Msg: 228
Posted: 11/29/2009 8:09:22 AM
Sensuality and sexuality is an art . . . some like crude art and some like refined art . . . .I dont wonder why Mona Lisa is smiling
 ~Heart~Tunes~
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/29/2009 3:58:09 PM

Guys like this are just kind of revolting.

Don't waste your time letting such inanity crawl into your craw.

I haven't had sensuality in my 50's. It would be nice to become an expert on the topic. I'm a quick study, like a microwave. Unfortunately, my idea of such a thing is turning into some kind of abstract painting that I'm all but pretending makes sense to me. There was an intent behind this, wasn't there?
 Geezer-glide
Msg: 230
Posted: 11/29/2009 4:31:12 PM
I feel like I'm really out of the loop, with so many topics such as this one. If you are in your fifties, and you still have an opportunity to check in on your sensualities or your sexualities, then consider yourself dang lucky.

It's like the TV sitcoms..."Frazer", who whines because he has not has sex in a month, or "Two-and -a-half Men", where they have a different gal each episode, but still whine about...something, I can't figure it out.

Yeah, that's not real life...but so many think it should be!

When you get to the point where you don't remember what it is like to touch someone, to be sensual...then complain. Don't be complaining because you find it not satisfying...complain when you find it extinct!
 pleasurelimits
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 5:31:23 PM
'Ahmen' to that
 ForumFilly
Msg: 232
Posted: 12/1/2009 1:13:24 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Hang in there, baby. We'll be together soon. And when we are, our ages won't even come into play.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 233
Posted: 12/1/2009 1:49:37 AM

Unfortunately, my idea of such a thing is turning into some kind of abstract painting that I'm all but pretending makes sense to me.

Interesting comment and one that I can kind of identify with.. So shall we pick up our paint brushes and express it?

thecatsmeoww
 SSWWEET
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/4/2009 9:39:24 AM
Good grief what an idiot. I find I'm more sensual now with no kids or responsibilities holding me back. I'm free to experience that part of myself and I don't hold back.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 1:06:59 PM

I am 57 and my sensuality and sexuality have never been greater! I am amazed how many younger men write to me!

I lifted this quote out of context here, to make a point . I'm not directing my comments towards this poster.

This is just another dynamic of this online dating scene that skews the final out outcome;
that being two people of similar likes and interests getting together and staying together.
Just because some 28 yo nerd behind a keyboard, playing with his pud, who probably never got laid in his life, hits on a woman in cyberspace ,that does not make her a hot property. Some of the ladies think it does, though.
The real question you have to ask is , how many young bucks would walk up to her on a street corner or supermarket and say the same things, face to face? No where near as many, I would guess , and even far less from the geeks who would do it online.

Another part of this dreamworld, totally devoid of reality...

I'm with FFS on this.. Aghhhhhh

outdoorgirlsunshine
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 2:08:46 PM
Magic Marco, I have to agree. The few young nerds I get emails from, do not inflate my ego one Iota! I just imagine they miss their mommies. But, I guess, for some, they wish to believe. I'm a little more realistic than that. Maybe that's why I'm still so sensual at 61!
I still reply to them in a nice way and hope they didn't mess on their keyboards.

outdoorgirl
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/4/2009 2:14:14 PM

The real question you have to ask is , how many young bucks would walk up to her on a street corner or supermarket and say the same things, face to face? No where near as many, I would guess

Your right not nearly as many. Also they do not operate that way. They usually try to invite themselves along for a run they see you are taking and basically try to befriend you first.

thecatsmeoww
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 238
Posted: 12/9/2009 4:24:20 PM
escrickfella said : UK women don't seem as well presented as german, spanish, or the vast choice of american women.... Just an observation...

That is a generalization (and IMO unfounded) ... All my British friends, and family present themselves very well........ Maybe its the circle you hang in!

I know I have a certain sensuality within me... I know its there and that is all that matters. It can also be felt by the right partner... (I have been told this throughout my life... so, it has to have some truth to it...)
 Moonchild51
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2009 5:30:57 PM
I have been simply delighted to discover mine at my ripe old age of 51!
But having someone who is 57 and knows how to treat a woman could possibly have something to do with it! Kudos to us ole folks and sensuality! Never could wrap my mind, never mind anything else around someone young enough to be my Son...just "ewe"!
 MondoVman
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2009 10:23:10 PM
Never knew what most women in their 50s looked like before joining POF.

"Just ask any American male, lol. They will probably tell you ..." - Fail.

Physically active women in all 50 states are the most beautiful in the whole world - plain and simple.
 ZenBeth
Msg: 241
Posted: 12/9/2009 10:35:50 PM
It really bugs me when all women or all men are lumped into one stereotypical group. Debra Ollivier (someone I respect) wrote in her book What French Women Know-About Love Sex and Other Matters of the Heart and Mind, how French women see sex as being a normal wonderful part of life, and not something one ever uses as a weapon against men. And this is why older French men love women closer to their own age. French Women Don't Sleep Alone by Jamie Cat Callan is another book I recommend. So I do not believe all American women are frumpy, boring, non sexual beings.

~Beth~
 silversparkles
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/10/2009 10:26:12 AM
A lack of knowledge sometimes means missing out on the best! It appears that person, has no knowledge and is narrow minded. Since I'm in my 50's I know I'm not dead yet and have no plans on letting one of the most wonderful things God gave to women, her sensuality, die either. Why waste time on someone who sounds like he'd be selfish anyway?
 usedcarrs
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 12:59:46 AM
"To be honest I usually only date ladies in their 40's, not because I like them younger, but older ladies my age don't like the activity and are not as sensual, they want companions more than a sensual partner."

This made me think of a Herbert spencer quote

When a man's knowledge is not in order, the more of it he has, the greater will be his confusion.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 8:31:26 AM
Unfortunately, there are a lot more overweight and out of shape people in their 50s and 60 than there used to be in their 20s. Statistically, this means that it is going to be a lot harder to connect with someone who has kept themselves up.

I do agree, however, that there are a lot of good looking people out there and you can find them at almost any age. You should be able to offer as good as you seek, in my view.

Its also true that different cultural settings produce men and women with different sexuality behaviours, and there is some merit to the oft lauded attitude of the French/Latin cultures towards sexuality and sex as compared to the English/Germanic cultures, as is the Catholic attitude different from the Calvinist attitude. You can, however, find all varieties of woman in any culture, and up here in Canada, which has a significant French culture, you find that the English speaking men laud the benefits of the French women, but also that the French speaking men laud the benefits of the English women. This makes be deprecate the linguistic myths and think that behavioural differences are probably more a result of religious environments and beliefs than of other cultural factors.

Personally I have found women from both backgrounds to be hot!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 245
Posted: 12/11/2009 8:48:49 AM

You can, however, find all varieties of woman in any culture, and up here in Canada, which has a significant French culture, you find that the English speaking men laud the benefits of the French women, but also that the French speaking men laud the benefits of the English women. This makes be deprecate the linguistic myths and think that behavioural differences are probably more a result of religious environments and beliefs than of other cultural factors.

I find French gentleman are far more romantic in the way they speak to you. They tend to bring out a side of me that might well be taking a nap...I have yet to be able to carry on a normal conversation with one before getting totally flustered by them..

Not to say some English speaking gents cannot do the same thing but just not quite as consistently..

thecatsmeoww
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 246
Posted: 12/11/2009 3:42:39 PM
there are a lot of good looking people out there and you can find them at almost any age. You should be able to offer as good as you seek, in my view.

This is so true, I particularly feel people need to be more cognizant of the bolder part, and take a hard look at their (lofty) expectations.

I also agree with the above poster who said
I'm in my 50's I know I'm not dead yet and have no plans on letting one of the most wonderful things God gave to women, her sensuality, die either.

Sensuality makes me feel so good to be a woman...

betterdays0429
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 12:34:55 PM
As an sculptor who is very much into the visual, sensory and sensual, I can tell you that sensuality gets better the more you exercise it...you become "tuned" to i t and learn to minimize those things that interfere with your enjoyment so you can focus more fully. It can benefit a partner certainly, but it enhances your everyday life in so many ways. Think about that first appreciate sniff of your coffee...the "ah" when you sink down in a hot tub...the feel of a soft fabric whispering across your skin...these are all sensual experiences of the everyday.

Think of it as just as much a sense as taste or sight, it's the level of importance you give it.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 1:32:18 PM
That's what works for him. That's what his experience and perspective is. Respect it as his opinion and choice. Move on.

(I will be 50 in a few days. I go dancing for hours at a time, rode my bicycle 100s of miles over the summer, go on 10+ mile hikes, have a very high sex drive, go out with guys in their lates 20s and 30s and get asked out by even young(er) ones.)

To each, his/her own.

HoldingHands27
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:00:29 PM
I'm more sensual now than in my 30's....
(Reeducated and Spoiled Rotten by my late wife...)
But I'm not _nearly_ as generally attractive as I was in my 30's, either..!!!
I'd just L o v e to find one of those mystical 'Sensual 50+ Ladies'...!!!
Almost half-way through my 50's....I'm a L o n g way from feeling more than 35...!!
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/25/2009 4:04:17 PM
He's probably one of those men who read somewhere that around the age of 50 women become "menopausal" and lose interest in sex.

While that may be true for some, you need to let him know that isn't necessarily so..................
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....