Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 40sumthin
Msg: 224
Sensuality in your 50's.....Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
LOL........ oh my dear don't be sensitive..... the amusing side of that comment he left out was that while many men like him ... like to date below their years... many require a small blue pill to maintain that "activity" he dares to type. LOL... always amused by men......
 DR_RUTHLESS
Msg: 225
Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:39:27 PM
Am I being too sensitive?

nope.... even a 20 year old can feel the same as a 50 year old! He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Physical condition and experience plays a greater role regardless of age.

He sounds like a crappy lover that is into strip bars. Too many guys have desperado issues that distort priorities and even conflict with their disgusting sole objective. I thought this would plague them chronically but I am surprisingly pleased to see some actually grow out of it. He might change when or if he ever learns.

Once then, some 20 year olds are also smarter than some 50 year olds than generalize =) All different size, shapes, and IQs out there.
 artist_48
Msg: 226
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:48:41 PM
That just this guy's set of life circumstances. I have a feeling he reaps what he sows- JMO.

There are as many different types of people as you can count. Varying in age and ...ummm...intensity of that lovin feelin- no matter what the age.
 Chasing~Cars
Msg: 227
Posted: 3/1/2010 3:01:17 PM
Sensuality isn’t something that dies with age, it dies when the person never cultivates it or gives up.

I know I have met my share of women below 50 who have been just as stone cold as what a lot of people have been saying about some that are older. Reading the forums (especially in the over 45 threads) you tend to see it more, the search for security and the endless rules, but I’m sure the really sensual ones "men and women" who know them selves don’t last all that long on the market because they truly attract what they project because their sensuality speaks for it self, they don’t need to sell it or make others jump through hoops to get to it.
 Stillcanpleaseu
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/2/2010 1:03:42 PM
about the guy who made comments about women not being sensual after 50. I then read your profile and clearly understood you have an exceptional gift of sensuality and the ability to describe it using grammar and syntax. If you choose to do so I would like to correspond with you because you have peaked my interest considerably. Fear not, My Dear, of the distance between Calgary and the US Deep South because I have a plausable solution should any relationship develop.
 organa-solo
Msg: 229
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:02:01 PM
I am 51 and have never been more interested in sex. I am finding men in their 40' s and 50's unable to handle the physical or emotional needs of a mature, more than able woman. I have been contacted by more very young men (20's and 30's that are more in touch). I guess that is the meaning of "cougar". I hate to give up on men my age but...
 daffie
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:53:49 PM
^^stillcanpleaseyou...are you looking for sensual man in his 50s?...

i am also...
good luck with your search...
 SassySky
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:30:41 PM

"To be honest I usually only date ladies in their 40's, not because I like them younger, but older ladies my age don't like the activity and are not as sensual, they want companions more than a sensual partner." Wow is he missing out on a whole bunch of sexy ...sensual ladies in their fifties....just had to say that....I don't exactly feel like I am ready for a nursing home yet...Am I being too sensitive?

I know the OP is gone and this just tickled me, needed this laugh after a long day.

I have always understood the meaning of sensuality, sensuality as I was taught meant nothing more than immersing yourself into whatever you were doing and enjoying it with all your sense and the most powerful thing you mind. It wasn't til, I was widowed that I really understood and missed the sexual sensuality meant I admit I took it for granted.. Now that I am approaching the corner of 50, well I really hope this man found what he was looking for since I know that is something that can be only enhanced with age, experience, etc.. If one chooses.
 KattFive
Msg: 232
Posted: 3/5/2010 10:13:15 AM
So I guess it's the same as a woman coming to a date in a fat suit....see if she get's a call back.....the "old truck" on a date and the "bus driver" tags are game playing too....
 Tucktail
Msg: 233
Posted: 3/5/2010 11:18:14 AM
You're right Romance lover! He doesn't realize what he's missing!
 Novembergirlie
Msg: 234
Posted: 3/5/2010 5:09:45 PM
Navywave3:

I feel exactly the same way as you do. Didn't think that at this age it would be mainly about weight.....thought people were old enough to realize that wasn't the measure of a person but sadly it seems to be the case.

I am extremely affectionate and passionate. Just missing someone to share it with. Like you I am an empty nester with lots of time and interest to offer the right guy. But.......
 daffie
Msg: 235
Posted: 3/6/2010 3:13:17 AM
BurgGuy09...
as well as being a "good looking, intelligent man who is an excellent catch"...

you must be the only guy on pof who would give up a guaranteed hot weekend at the local ski resort....
a man of integrity?...
(or a guy who missed out on some "fun"?)...
well done sir...
 4Uwlove
Msg: 236
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:38:45 PM
The guy hit the nail on the head. Woman in their late 50's to mid 60's are basically a waste of a mans time and money. It is just a fact of life. At this age group you end up buying the most expensive dinner that they really did not like and if you got a thank you feel lucky or a kiss on the cheek as they jump out of the car explaining you are just friends first.
John from Tennessee
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 9:25:41 AM
Wow, John! Just because a woman doesn't want to sleep with you for food, doesn't mean she is not a sensual being! How insulting. "Will f---k for food???" Is that your game? Most women aren't going to play it!
 lowmiles2
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:35:32 AM
I think it's a matter of fit. If I found a lady around my age and I felt attracted to her then what's the problem. I would surely ask her out and I would ask her if she knows how to cook. That she is sensual being is a plus.

That being said, just because you feel you have a lot to offer a man doesn't translate into a relationship. What ever expectations you put on the cake can and will drive away gentleman callers. You have to be there for him as much as he is for you.

I look younger than my age and I try to stay physically active. Should I not look for the same in a woman?

If I take you to dinner and it takes you twice as long to get out of the vehicle than I .... then were probably not a match.
 starlight334
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:02:03 PM
BurgGuy09.....
I am a good looking, intelligent man and I have been told by many woman I am an excellent catch. So why am I still unattached? Simple. I know what I want and can't find it. I've tried internet dating sites, reading profiles listing what women want, what they say they need and a list of rules and regulations sometimes long enough to make a politician jealous. I don't ............

Hahaha this is nice...I used to doing the same thing the only difference is that I used the "highly" appreciated profession of a janitor.
The only thing is left at a certain age is a good friend. Some type of "shawshank redemption" style friend.
But having a good friend takes sacrifice and builds up in many-many years. When you have that friend you can go and play tenis, work on a project maybe. Unfortunately friendships in N. A are not hitting home as much as in other parts of the World. ..you are quickly labeled as being "gay". Why do we play this endless sexual games ? because of hormones ? WTF? Untill end of life ? Or to prove others we are not gay ?
For some reason I don't need this bullshit of the game anymore...tired of it to the bones. maybe I am "Low T". So ??? So f..k I am happy now..finally....!
Sensuality in your 50s....nice. Good luck !.
 DragonBits
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:22:56 AM

Folks mistake sensuality for sex.

I agree with you about this, being sensual is about indulging your senses. A fine wine or nice beer, relaxing while listening to good music with your SO holding you is sensual. Just as having a 10 course dinner is sensual. There are many ways to be sensual that do not include sex at all.

You don't even have to have another person to be sensual, you can have sensual experiences by yourself. (that isn't a veiled reference to self pleasuring)

However, always being sensual without it eventually leading to sex would be frustrating to me, and sensual sex is much better, others may call it erotic sex. A sensual person should be able to extend their sensuality to include a sensual sexual style. And this is where for some people it breaks down, because IMO they have inhibitions about expressing themselves freely when it comes to sex.

While sex is wonderful, it's all the rest that makes it the best thing in the world.

This is where we may part ways. For me erotic sex is the mojo of sensuality, the big kahuna of being sensual.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:51:32 AM
^^^
Perhaps at times.. However, this is where males and females often differ. A great female body and a women who uses it to the fullest trumps everything else. It's fine if she is otherwise sensual in life but 9 out of 10 males go on auto pilot when a nice cleavage walks by. Males have evolved to want to mate with a physically attractive woman.

Yes, a sensual girlfriend or wife is usually much better sexually than one who isn't but a romantic dinne and cuddling on the sofa...but this pales next to 'whatever' physical female body part turns a particular guy on.

Most women are 'sensual' and want to be sensual. It's why they state that they want to do things together. They want the opportunity to dress up, to smell nice, to hold hands, to share moments, etc. Most women really try at this part of a relationship and unfortunately get jaded once they no longer feel valued for it. We men, in contrast, get lazy and stop appreciating sensuality in our partner. The mind starts to wander off into fantasies about other women. As we (at least me) age we learn to recognize this pattern and can make an extra effort to outwardly respond better to our partner's sensuality.
 Freudian
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 3:35:23 PM
treker, you make it sound like men have sexual ADD. That we can't concentrate on things because a cute set of boobs walks by. That we may be holding hands with the woman in our life and a cutie in a short skirt walks by and our attention diverts to her. That makes us sound collectively like a jack russell terrier, any motion that catches their eye sends them running. You can almost hear them say, "Squirrel!" before they take off at a dead run leaving everything they were doing previously behind. Men just aren't ...

Look at those boobs over there!!
 DragonBits
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:31:39 PM

I think you misunderstood me. ",,,,it's all the rest that makes it the best thing in the world." Referring to two sensual beings in play makes sex the most wonderful thing. We are all capable off having sex; with a stranger, one night stand, a hooker, just going through the motions with a partner. But two sensual, sexy people that enjoy each other fully and deeply outside the bedroom will have the BEST time IN the bedroom.

I think we agree and come to the same conclusion from two ends of a spectrum. The spectrum being a male and female POV.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:25:53 PM
OP. maybe some of these woman who bag you should try being a male in or near 50. I have found these so called sensual woman are few and far between. they talk the talk but after a few months revert back to what your saying about over 50's not all mind you but enough to count.
 c_deacon
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 5:43:49 PM
"My opinion is, if you are a sensual being you will attract another sensual being."

You bet "bogie"........That has always been my feeling and seems to be my reality.....;) Sensual people gravitate to other sensual people, and even if they do not know it yet, they find out once with another that is very sensual!!...;)

The story of my life, and my pleasure, and the only time it creates a problem, is when the one you are with hopes to be sensual with you, like you, and for you, and tries very hard but can not sustain that sensuality and then you have a failed marriage and/or relationship, or you compromise for the sake of the marriage/relationship, and become complacent in order to survive.

cd
 GRhoadsters
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:11:48 PM
No, you are NOT being too sensitive.
 *buzz*
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2013 1:03:07 PM
I would not worry about someone's opinion regarding ladies in their 40's who supposedly ooze sensuality. Afterall, we ladies in 50's know that sensuality does not come out of a manual but within ignited body & mind and that is definitely a two-way-street
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2013 3:36:47 AM
That's one mans opinion you wrote that has had experiences with women that were not that into him IMO.

Let it go.

He has no idea what he is talking about anymore than women complaining all they meet is men with ED or a low level of passion after 50.

They were probably never passionate at any age or the other person just didn't do It for them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....