Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 31
Sensuality in your 50's.....Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I was unable to "date" while in my 50's, I was married. Sensuality is a message telegraphed from one partner to another, if one or the other is unsure of what it is they want, then both will lose out.

Back into the dating scene for a little over 4 years now, and have met some very sensual women in their 50's, but they were not, at least as of yet, willing to risk being with someone in their 60's. On the other hand tho, some of the ladies in their 40's have been quite willing to extrapolate on a positive and transformed those unknown feelings into a cataclysmic aura of sheer delight for both of us!!

Each person will have a different outlook as to what they are anticipating from a relationship, we just have to be able to get up and apply ourselves. The majority of my "new friends" are in their 40's, so I have this age to draw upon for the extracurricular suppliments that we all need. There are some people who do not even know their own sensuality, let alone be able to express it!! Sensuality will eventually lead to sex, and d*mn good sex at that!!

Dancing is a great way to bring sensuality to a relationship, and the more capable you are at dancing with a good routine and proper movement, the more chances there are of each "letting loose". Watch Dancing with the Stars, and tell me there is no sensuality in dancing!! The better the dancer, the more sensual they are, that is one of the reasons I have taken dance lessons for the last 4 years!!
 zabet
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:57:49 AM
Another way of looking at this: men do not live as long as women, so women beyond childbearing years who are looking for a long term relationship might want to consider guys who are a few years younger. ..

I think men who only want women younger than themselves have ego issues, a need to feel superior.
 Ellie_1000
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:33:38 AM
Wow. This fellow is off base. And here I am on a quest to be photographed nude at 60 and I'm only 52! So that leave me a few years of being extremely active. I also love stilettos, sensuous men, and anything that doesn't bore me to tears. Obviously this guy has been picking up his women when the local "Women who don't want to live life anymore" meeting was let out. lol
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:05:30 PM
^^^
Bring you stilettos, I have TWO cameras!!
 flowerforce
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:55:03 PM
No. This fellow is mixing up sexual with sensual or you are. Sensual is about the five sesences. Sight, sound, taste, touch and hearing It is a compliment to sex. In my experience wimen in their fifties are very sensual and they are selective about their sexual behavior . I imagine he is saying " I like younger women because I feel like a hot fellow when I can get one in bed."
His loss. This fellow just wanted to "get laid" Give him a pass and take his comment with a big box of salt. He is not worth the energy. There are so many wonderfull men out there. Keep fishing.
 ankkka
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:58:04 AM
Part of our nature...can bring you to Paradise...if you have good and talented conductor...and you use proper instruments...
 breath~
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:33:43 AM
My goodness!
It seems a lot of you are confusing the two words: sexual and sensual.
Lord have mercy, I won't even try to explain the difference...
the mannerisims of each... if you don't know it by now, forget it.
 flowerforce
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:20:05 AM
Hi georgygirl48,
The song is " I want a man with a slow hand. " I agree with your post . Tantra is good. I think all adults should take a course in Tantric sex then age would not be an issue except for preference which is what this fellow is on about but does not have the b***s to say.
 amo-vida
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:54:21 PM

It seems a lot of you are confusing the two words: sexual and sensual.

Not so sure breath. It seems like the guy in the op was confusing the two words or keeping them separate.
It's likely that younger, less experienced lovers can be sexual without being sensual. They go through the motions and it's possible that the misinformed guy just wants to blow his rocks off and be done with it - with the bonus of maybe having what 'he thinks' is a trophy. He is the insecure & overly sensitive person who needs to parade his masculinity.

When we have more life experience, we discover (maybe especially women) all things sensual that can (but does not have to) culminate in sensual sex.

Sensual -- a certain fragrance that makes me want to drink in a stranger or arouses a memory; long showers lathering my shower buddy or, better still, baths set up with candles & wine, bubble bath and listening to the way the sounds change in that cave environment that blocks out the world; wearing beautiful underwear sets just because ...
 ankkka
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:33:38 PM
Sensual...can become erotic...and the next level probably should be sexual...
 fancynanci
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:39:32 PM
Being a sensual woman has nothing to do with your age. Either you ARE or you're NOT.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/4/2008 4:42:07 PM
Sensuality is how you feel about your body and the senses.

Sexuality is how another feels your body.....

Of course a combination of both is the best.

What did I say????????
 dustyknight
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:58:46 AM
one last note..
I would hope at 50 you do know the difference..although I will admit some I have met don't even realize that they are very sensual.
Sensuality is not a forced attribute but a natural state that seems to exude from certain people.
It's not huge breasts or a bikini body , could be just a look or a smile..
I stopped trying yo analze it and just enjoy the lady who is....
Dusty
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:23:57 PM
Sounds like you were blessed by being spared someone that thinks "sensuality" is the ability to perform sexual acrobatics whenever... Sensuality for me, is the ability to actually be totally "in the moments" using all of the senses... I didn't even know what that was when I was in my 20's... (I thought I did... lol).

I don't think you're being too sensitive. I think you're looking in a cracked mirror for your true reflection... and you know what happens when we do that.. Inevitably, we find our eyeballs on our chins...
 arwen52
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:34:44 PM
I'm getting more sensual as time goes on. Are you too sensitive? No, he's too narrow minded. He doesn't know what he's missing. Fortunately for us, these days there are younger men who recognize that older women can be very sexy.
 bluenfree
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:58:48 AM
Everyone has their own preferences. I always find it a bit strange when a lady my age says I'm too old for her, but ...
 miraclgal
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/20/2008 5:24:40 PM
Well,I am not quite there yet but this age is 100% better than my 20's even though my beauty queen title is long gone.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/20/2008 6:37:27 PM
After reading the last few posts, I have come to the conclusion that the title should have been "SEXuality in your 50s, and not SENsuality.

Another question could be can you be sensual and not sexual?

Going to the corner now, I have gotten myself confused.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/20/2008 7:11:54 PM

What a load of hooey! Give me a voluptuous 45+ female who has known childbirth any day

...Well I don't know about the "voluptuous" part, but I certainly remember every excruciating moment of giving birth.

Not only that, there is positively nothing more physically appealing to a man than a seriously pregnant woman.

...Obviously you never seen me at 9 months pregnant, I looked like the back end of a Mack truck.

...And your right, there are truly some magnificent over 45 woman out there.

...maeflowers
 Enigma252
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:59:21 PM
My ideal man is within 5 years of my age. However, most men I've met in the past 10 years or so want a younger woman. It's on their web sites. Match.com is the worse. Those guys are an army.

Anyway, I think if a person was sensual and sexual in their youth they will be so in older age. Hormone levels need to be checked every year. Testosterone replacement for women helps keep up the sex drive and the ability to orgasm.

My mother had a torrid relationship in her 70's. Her father was with several ladies when he died in his mid 70's. I guess he was they only guy around who could still get it up.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:55:19 AM
for every man with this perspective, is a female cougar who wants her men young as well. all kinds of fish in this sea. don't sweat it. just be who you are and the rest will follow. often slowly, but it is a process. some people, irrespective of being male or female, are less sexual than others. some are less physical than others. some don't ever like being touched. i have two happily married friends, who have been together for over 30 years and still going strong sexually. but she does not like massages! pure and simple. my other friend in her 30's with three children, tells her husband to skip the preliminaries and get to the point! he tells her she was a man in her past life! but it works for them and both have a sense of humor.

to each, his/her own. the trick, i fear, is to find compatibility on "many" different levels. often, it's best to just let it happen. too much seeking and you trip on your own two feet while you go in circles!

go girl!
 Hanee
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/21/2008 2:09:26 PM
Perhaps the younger man was simply an inexperienced/inconsiderate lover and the older women he was with...he tossed it up to it being their problem??? Take everything you hear and read with a grain of salt...
 ichi-bon
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:55:06 PM
-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj: (no subject)
Date: 1/27/2007 545 P.M. Central Daylight Time
To: Cherokee613

I love this one
About me:
As I grow in age, I value women who are over 50 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over 50 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting. A woman over 50 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 50 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing. Women over 50 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated. A woman over 50 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 50 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 50. She always knows. A woman over 50 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 50 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 50+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage: Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage Ha!

HereN916
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/22/2008 8:49:17 AM
Two words >>>>>>...silly man
 Enigma252
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/22/2008 10:25:58 AM
ichi-bon [a/k/a #1]

Good post. Now when men wonder why I haven't remarried in years and years it's because I did want to babysit an idiot! But then, I was never a drama queen anyway. Just like some women want the bad boys, some men want the "bad girls, too". Unfortunatetly, in dating younger men, a lot of them just consider us a novety and it will be short lived. Then with the guys our age they sometimes dump us for a much younger model.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sensuality in your 50's.....