Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Sensuality in your 50's.....Page 6 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

I am 57 and my sensuality and sexuality have never been greater! I am amazed how many younger men write to me!

I lifted this quote out of context here, to make a point . I'm not directing my comments towards this poster.

This is just another dynamic of this online dating scene that skews the final out outcome;
that being two people of similar likes and interests getting together and staying together.
Just because some 28 yo nerd behind a keyboard, playing with his pud, who probably never got laid in his life, hits on a woman in cyberspace ,that does not make her a hot property. Some of the ladies think it does, though.
The real question you have to ask is , how many young bucks would walk up to her on a street corner or supermarket and say the same things, face to face? No where near as many, I would guess , and even far less from the geeks who would do it online.

Another part of this dreamworld, totally devoid of reality...

I'm with FFS on this.. Aghhhhhh

Moonchild51
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 12/9/2009 5:30:57 PM
I have been simply delighted to discover mine at my ripe old age of 51!
But having someone who is 57 and knows how to treat a woman could possibly have something to do with it! Kudos to us ole folks and sensuality! Never could wrap my mind, never mind anything else around someone young enough to be my Son...just "ewe"!
 MondoVman
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2009 10:23:10 PM
Never knew what most women in their 50s looked like before joining POF.

"Just ask any American male, lol. They will probably tell you ..." - Fail.

Physically active women in all 50 states are the most beautiful in the whole world - plain and simple.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 8:31:26 AM
Unfortunately, there are a lot more overweight and out of shape people in their 50s and 60 than there used to be in their 20s. Statistically, this means that it is going to be a lot harder to connect with someone who has kept themselves up.

I do agree, however, that there are a lot of good looking people out there and you can find them at almost any age. You should be able to offer as good as you seek, in my view.

Its also true that different cultural settings produce men and women with different sexuality behaviours, and there is some merit to the oft lauded attitude of the French/Latin cultures towards sexuality and sex as compared to the English/Germanic cultures, as is the Catholic attitude different from the Calvinist attitude. You can, however, find all varieties of woman in any culture, and up here in Canada, which has a significant French culture, you find that the English speaking men laud the benefits of the French women, but also that the French speaking men laud the benefits of the English women. This makes be deprecate the linguistic myths and think that behavioural differences are probably more a result of religious environments and beliefs than of other cultural factors.

Personally I have found women from both backgrounds to be hot!
 betterdays0429
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 12:34:55 PM
As an sculptor who is very much into the visual, sensory and sensual, I can tell you that sensuality gets better the more you exercise it...you become "tuned" to i t and learn to minimize those things that interfere with your enjoyment so you can focus more fully. It can benefit a partner certainly, but it enhances your everyday life in so many ways. Think about that first appreciate sniff of your coffee...the "ah" when you sink down in a hot tub...the feel of a soft fabric whispering across your skin...these are all sensual experiences of the everyday.

Think of it as just as much a sense as taste or sight, it's the level of importance you give it.
 jazzlovervic
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 7:22:45 AM
I think not. Some women are just peaking at 50 and I agree with you that he may be missing out totally. His loss....Skill + Wisdom = Exceptional Experience
 canyunflyer
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:49:02 AM
In a nutshell: YES. However, I certainly empathize with your frustrations.

Go dig out that old dusty copy of the "serenity prayer" and really read it. It gives us all the advice that we ever need to deal with everything.

So what if this guy... (or a whole bunch of guys) have some kind of eroneous concept that mature women are not "sensuous". To He11 with him. Don't let these guys have any power over you. Ignore them. smart women (and men) learn the art of living life on life's terms. And, the difficult truth is: Life is not fair. Life just happens. It doesn't care. Its what we do about it that makes all the difference.

All any of us need is just "One" person who meets our needs. Why should be give away our energy to every nut case who happens to pop up on our in box...etc. Everyone is entitled to their own values.... criterias.... and requirements, no matter how looney we might think they are.

I strive to be kind and considerate while being "true" to myself.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/6/2010 9:04:32 AM
I pass on the young 30's early 4o's gals. They all have babies or want some. My baby days are over. I prefer women in there late 4o's or even a yr older or two. My problem is finding a woman, that hasnt given up on men and got a dog , and made a trip to the toy store .
 rearguard*2
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:38:18 AM
By and large, I think that older people are a lot "better" than younger people when it comes to life in general. The experiences they have had, the challenges they have faced, and the disappointments they have lived through all contribute to a realization that the life of fantasy and dreams that they learned about as children is not a reflection of reality for most people. They have also learned that any particular incident in life is fleeting in its significance, and that the continued flow of life will carry away both the good and the bad things that happen. They know that there is always a future, and that they can influence its nature to a large extent, at least those who recognize their own responsibility for their own life situations do. They have also learned that there are ways of behaving that are counter-productive, and ways that ease the path through life, preferring the ways of ease to those of pain.

Indeed, the days of youth are dynamic and exciting, often filled with drama, but with age most people seek a life with a certain calm, devoid of as much drama as possible, and with interest which is found in pleasure. Peace of mind is a treasure that has no price.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/24/2010 10:19:04 AM
....Skill + Wisdom = Exceptional Experience....

The above equation works for either gender! The poblem is not all members take the time to share the right aspects of what they have learned over the years.

Let me tell you, some ladies will be rather surprized at the little things that could be done, as most men will be with what the ladies have to offer in return.

Just too bad that there aren't enough brave lassies to be shared in the right spot at the right time.

The hardest part of demonstrating one's prowess, is getting the first date, once that is secured, some of the fun and action will start to get deployed and appreciated along the path to the ultimate Sensual climax that all are entitled to.
 TedJMill
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:00:47 PM

"To be honest I usually only date ladies in their 40's, not because I like them younger, but older ladies my age don't like the activity and are not as sensual, they want companions more than a sensual partner."

Can I have the e-mail IDs for those older ladies who just want companions? I'm 51, and they sound perfect for me.
 vapeninsula
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 5:42:25 PM
Ted, you're doing wrong. Ladies, if you're very wealthy, send me your email address. j/k
 KattFive
Msg: 224
Posted: 3/5/2010 10:13:15 AM
So I guess it's the same as a woman coming to a date in a fat suit....see if she get's a call back.....the "old truck" on a date and the "bus driver" tags are game playing too....
 4Uwlove
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:38:45 PM
The guy hit the nail on the head. Woman in their late 50's to mid 60's are basically a waste of a mans time and money. It is just a fact of life. At this age group you end up buying the most expensive dinner that they really did not like and if you got a thank you feel lucky or a kiss on the cheek as they jump out of the car explaining you are just friends first.
John from Tennessee
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 9:25:41 AM
Wow, John! Just because a woman doesn't want to sleep with you for food, doesn't mean she is not a sensual being! How insulting. "Will f---k for food???" Is that your game? Most women aren't going to play it!
 lowmiles2
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:35:32 AM
I think it's a matter of fit. If I found a lady around my age and I felt attracted to her then what's the problem. I would surely ask her out and I would ask her if she knows how to cook. That she is sensual being is a plus.

That being said, just because you feel you have a lot to offer a man doesn't translate into a relationship. What ever expectations you put on the cake can and will drive away gentleman callers. You have to be there for him as much as he is for you.

I look younger than my age and I try to stay physically active. Should I not look for the same in a woman?

If I take you to dinner and it takes you twice as long to get out of the vehicle than I .... then were probably not a match.
 starlight334
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:02:03 PM
BurgGuy09.....
I am a good looking, intelligent man and I have been told by many woman I am an excellent catch. So why am I still unattached? Simple. I know what I want and can't find it. I've tried internet dating sites, reading profiles listing what women want, what they say they need and a list of rules and regulations sometimes long enough to make a politician jealous. I don't ............

Hahaha this is nice...I used to doing the same thing the only difference is that I used the "highly" appreciated profession of a janitor.
The only thing is left at a certain age is a good friend. Some type of "shawshank redemption" style friend.
But having a good friend takes sacrifice and builds up in many-many years. When you have that friend you can go and play tenis, work on a project maybe. Unfortunately friendships in N. A are not hitting home as much as in other parts of the World. ..you are quickly labeled as being "gay". Why do we play this endless sexual games ? because of hormones ? WTF? Untill end of life ? Or to prove others we are not gay ?
For some reason I don't need this bullshit of the game anymore...tired of it to the bones. maybe I am "Low T". So ??? So f..k I am happy now..finally....!
Sensuality in your 50s....nice. Good luck !.
 DragonBits
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:22:56 AM

Folks mistake sensuality for sex.

I agree with you about this, being sensual is about indulging your senses. A fine wine or nice beer, relaxing while listening to good music with your SO holding you is sensual. Just as having a 10 course dinner is sensual. There are many ways to be sensual that do not include sex at all.

You don't even have to have another person to be sensual, you can have sensual experiences by yourself. (that isn't a veiled reference to self pleasuring)

However, always being sensual without it eventually leading to sex would be frustrating to me, and sensual sex is much better, others may call it erotic sex. A sensual person should be able to extend their sensuality to include a sensual sexual style. And this is where for some people it breaks down, because IMO they have inhibitions about expressing themselves freely when it comes to sex.

While sex is wonderful, it's all the rest that makes it the best thing in the world.

This is where we may part ways. For me erotic sex is the mojo of sensuality, the big kahuna of being sensual.
 Freudian
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 3:35:23 PM
treker, you make it sound like men have sexual ADD. That we can't concentrate on things because a cute set of boobs walks by. That we may be holding hands with the woman in our life and a cutie in a short skirt walks by and our attention diverts to her. That makes us sound collectively like a jack russell terrier, any motion that catches their eye sends them running. You can almost hear them say, "Squirrel!" before they take off at a dead run leaving everything they were doing previously behind. Men just aren't ...

Look at those boobs over there!!
 DragonBits
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:31:39 PM

I think you misunderstood me. ",,,,it's all the rest that makes it the best thing in the world." Referring to two sensual beings in play makes sex the most wonderful thing. We are all capable off having sex; with a stranger, one night stand, a hooker, just going through the motions with a partner. But two sensual, sexy people that enjoy each other fully and deeply outside the bedroom will have the BEST time IN the bedroom.

I think we agree and come to the same conclusion from two ends of a spectrum. The spectrum being a male and female POV.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:25:53 PM
OP. maybe some of these woman who bag you should try being a male in or near 50. I have found these so called sensual woman are few and far between. they talk the talk but after a few months revert back to what your saying about over 50's not all mind you but enough to count.
 c_deacon
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 5:43:49 PM
"My opinion is, if you are a sensual being you will attract another sensual being."

You bet "bogie"........That has always been my feeling and seems to be my reality.....;) Sensual people gravitate to other sensual people, and even if they do not know it yet, they find out once with another that is very sensual!!...;)

The story of my life, and my pleasure, and the only time it creates a problem, is when the one you are with hopes to be sensual with you, like you, and for you, and tries very hard but can not sustain that sensuality and then you have a failed marriage and/or relationship, or you compromise for the sake of the marriage/relationship, and become complacent in order to survive.

cd
 GRhoadsters
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:11:48 PM
No, you are NOT being too sensitive.
 *buzz*
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2013 1:03:07 PM
I would not worry about someone's opinion regarding ladies in their 40's who supposedly ooze sensuality. Afterall, we ladies in 50's know that sensuality does not come out of a manual but within ignited body & mind and that is definitely a two-way-street
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2013 3:36:47 AM
That's one mans opinion you wrote that has had experiences with women that were not that into him IMO.

Let it go.

He has no idea what he is talking about anymore than women complaining all they meet is men with ED or a low level of passion after 50.

They were probably never passionate at any age or the other person just didn't do It for them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >