Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 21
He Died of a 'Broken Heart' . . . kinda !Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
These posts are getting longer and longer; I hope things work out for you; it was too long to read.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 22
view profile
History
He Died of a 'Broken Heart' . . . kinda !
Posted: 5/31/2008 6:57:19 PM
chamelion, you mentioned about shirley and joe going down to the lake, coming back soaked and planning don's demise....are you sure that's what they were planning or could it be that they had a little fun behind don's back making shirley out to be a cheater? or was is because he knew of something that was supposed to be a secret between joe, lt, lee, and jake and he told shirley making her as an accessory to the crime as well? also, who is joe? how did he meet joe, through lee?

who is lt? when did that person come into play prior to them taking off to the city then disappearing? with the car being abandoned, when they found it was there any mechanical problems with it? if there was problems or ran out of gas the reason for taking the tags was to get another car and put them on it.

with regards to your daughter's dream, that does happen to some people and shouldn't be ignored. maybe if she was hypnotized she would be able to talk about events that could have happened for reasons of don's passing. some people find that very helpful with the search of a disappearance of a person.

i can also understand why you didn't come out and tell don about jake raping suzy but don't you think that it would have been to his best interest and suzy's as well if the truth be told? what i mean is that it might be hurtful about the boyfriend finding out that his love was raped by his own blood but he would also have a better understanding as to why she left. do you think that if he had known the truth about what happened he'd still be alive today? it also sounds like lee had a role to play in with what happened to suzy, not just jake. she could have possibly been raped by both guys and that's part of the reason why lee isn't being honest with don and why lee and jake both pretty much keep don in a drunken stuper. i seriously would have told him (don) everything with regards to the impressions that you're getting from suzy and the suspicions with lee's behavior.

you mentioned about don's brother and friends keeping him at a party central.....wouldn't that also bring a question into mind with regards to don's disappearance and death? sure, don could have had a broken heart and that would kill someone as well but with don's state of depression maybe he had it planned to just go off and disappear and die alone? at times you might hear of someone disappearing and being found dead and hearing of the person vanishing with the company of an outsider to cover his/her tracks then that other person taking off as well and relocating.

anyway, i hope things come to an end with finding out the truth about don's disappearance and death.

edit: my grandma on my father's side died less than 3 months after my grandpa died. sure she was up in years but my grandpa was there with her for over 60 years of their lives together....other than my aunt, uncle, and my father she didn't have anyone else and disowned my father's family.....so yeah, she did die of a broken heart, she was perfectly healthy, no heart problems or anything.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:40:27 PM
OK...

Don is most likely DEAD. Mourn him...worse case scenario, he will resurface and you can be thrilled.

Your kid is rare and amazing...my son's ex GF has this same ability...it is frightening at times! How many times I have had to call my son after one of her dreams at 3 in the morning! Every time...something HAD happened, though not death, than God!

Try to get past your anger. Or stick with the "sh1t happens" mentality.

The End.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 9:15:41 AM
Holy moly! What a whirlwind story here!
Shouldn't something like this be kept strictly to the police and not on a dating site? Sorry OP don't mean to tick you off at all but sounds to me like this is meant for the RCMP to deal with
 packagedealx3
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:43:59 AM
Tombstonetom, I suspect it is what men have between their legs that has led them to die of a broken heart because they try to use it for a brain rather than the one sitting atop their shoulders.

Regardless of the veracity of the story, it is a story with no issue to debate or discuss, so most people if they make it to the end, are like and your point is?

Glad you seem to have gotten away from a bunch of frigging idiots although it is a shame that a man has died, not from a broken heart but his own stupidity.
 Xcen
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 11:09:28 AM
Chamelion
Assuming that your story is "real" and not a practice run at creative drama I give you these thoughts. The characters in your story are all emotionally dysfunctional and apparently none of them have stable family relationships. You mention several times that you have tried to keep your distance and raise your child so maybe you also are trying to distance yourself from the dysfunctionality of it all. Keep trying. You arent responsible for people who are bent on destroying themselves. Secondly, if this story is real and bodies have been found then why havent you made copies of all your stories posted here and submitted them to the police, which would be an easy and natural thing to do since the police have been involved in your domestic feuds? If the police suspect foul play your insight may help them identify the guilty parties. Its your duty to help them find out.
 degostyle
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/2/2008 12:18:55 PM
...ok....now that was weird
 vixenwannaplay
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:17:39 PM
I don't know...with all this concern for Don, are you sure YOU weren't in love with him?

I certainly hope he turns up one day!
 PURE-Energy
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:17:21 AM
One of my kids has this weird way of dreaming about 'dead' people
ain't this that one movie "The Sixth Sense ??"
"'I see dead people'"

(I am going to make up names, 'cuz' this is a true story - still unsolved)
I remember.
This sounds like one of those movie of the week Specials
 degostyle
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:42:49 AM
I swear, this site keeps getting weirder and weirder
 andy1961
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2010 6:37:10 AM
Bringing back a thread (a ridiculous load of nonsense in the first place!) that's over a year old is just silly attention seeking behaviour.

BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/7/2010 9:31:41 AM
gosh...i love it when people come on and post a thread and apologize about it being long winded and rambling...yet its only a 6-8 line post.

then I see one of these...

i cannot even torture myself to read what was an otherwise potentially interesting thread.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/21/2010 4:04:30 PM
All I can say to this is ... my Dad died of a broken heart.... he was a staunch Republican, it was Nov 1976.. he was watching election returns... Jimmy Carter was winning BAD,.. My Dad said,.. "I can't believe that Peanut Muther Fooker's going to win, I can't watch this, i'm going to bed"... At 2 AM.. My Dad laid stone dead cold in bed,.. dead from a broken heart,.. Jimmy Carter killed him, just as if he'd shot him with a .45. What i learned from this is this... Don't take your politics too seriously,.. it will kill you.. So I vote all over the map.. if I vote at all,.. did that help anyone?
 softy63
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/28/2010 4:20:09 PM
what the helll....
This has got to be the most confusing....
most hardest to read......
crappiest thread on POF........
......like, ever!

Dear God in heaven lady, what the hell was all that?

Hilarious!!!!
I nearlly got a nose bleed just looking at her style of writing and trying to figure out WTF she's talking about.
 softy63
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/9/2010 4:10:35 PM
I swear, this site keeps getting weirder and weirder

Yep!!! Thats why its good for a laugh somethimes.

I know this is an old thread and I'm not laughing at your story, OP, I'm laughing at people's comments - including my own post.

Sad story 4 guys, that Focus on Silly, & Stay there, on 1 Hand . . .
Buddy Tele-Tubby Romeo still Luv'd Juliet 2 the End . . .

I mean, whats with that???

We just don't understand why you were so cryptic and writing in such an unusual way instead of plain and simple English. The way you wrote led many of us to not take you seriously.

Also, months went by between posts and at one point you further commented over A YEAR later. I don't get it. Why?
*My head hurts*.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >