Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many people have actually went on a date using this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 48
How many people have actually went on a date using this site?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I havn't been on any yet..........but I'm willing.............and its not scary unless you do it in a creepy way lol
 cntrygirlz
Msg: 49
view profile
History
How many people have actually went on a date using this site?
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:05:07 AM
Well ...I must say the same...... some good experience AND some bad!

I think I have found a lot of the men on here ....have underlying issues ...not that I don't ...but I don't live with MA and PA ...I have a JOB...a Drivers LC...4 kids with 3 different women you... get the point ...

I have been on many dates ...but if some one sends you multiple emails in one day stating how they think your wonderful and have not yet met you ..HUM well ya !

Don't go over bored ..say something like your smile is captivating .....and leave it at that ...if they are interested .....I am sure they will respond ...
 fancynanci
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:00:09 PM
I have been on POF for a year. I have met 7 men. All of them were nice men. I have had some very nice dates.
 MrPleezing
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:14:37 AM
I think I joined 6 months ago. A lot of woman looked at me, and I sent out maybe 10 letters. Had no luck. Then I went to a POF party in May. I met a fabulous woman there, and we have been going out now for about 4 months, I'm happy to say. (She was on POF before I met her) I'm looking toward's the future, with her.

Keep making those parties, wherever you may be . I might go with my lady, if you have one in New Jersey.

Regards...........Marv
 caesar0002
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:05:04 AM
I've been on many from here.
 Dpilot1
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/11/2008 7:47:50 AM
To my recollection my 'date' from the Fishes and I exchanged a half dozen emails and then atwo phone calls or three before we set a date to meet. I'm new at this. I just didn't know most people move more quickly. We established a level of trust and had a good time with the emails and spent a good deal of time writing to each other as the relationship developed, but not through the site.
 trevilady
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:02:49 AM
I have been on here for about a month or two..Keep getting emails saying, 'what on earth is a lady like you on here for' and the like, as if I should definitely have been snapped up years ago! What people don't see is that sometimes people don't meet the right people in their work/socially, and that's why I've had to join these types of sites.

I haven't met anyone yet. Mostly as I have been scared off by the amount of IM requests I've had for cam sex and dirty talk on IM or msn. No respect from the guys that I don't want to do that, or if they back off a bit, they still try to pressure me to do it by saying' oh, come on, live a little, what are you afraid of' and 'you're so uptight' At that point I stop the IM session as I know I just have a camsex-obsessed disrespectful jerk.

The nice, normal men that I message/message me, well, I still haven't met them! a lot of emails seem to go back and forth, and then the guy loses interest and doesn't reply to my last email...it makes me feel insecure. We were having a nice email correspondence, so why did he back off/ignore me in the end? Baffling!

I'd love to go on an actual date but I can't see it happening as I'm getting cynical and down about this! any ideas? xx
 cfb62
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:29:39 PM
I've gone on about 7 dates in a year. I could have gone on more, but I've learned to "weed them out".
I'm not looking for a penpal, so if they're not interested in talking on the phone after exchanging a few emails???NEXT!
You can tell a lot just talking for a few minutes on the phone.
Because so much of communication is in body language and inflection in voice... I think it's a complete waste of time to NOT meet in person somewhat soon... but again, it depends what you're looking for.
 Applette
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:10:24 PM
ellias .. wow .. my first really good chuckle from someone on this site .... thank you thank you!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/23/2008 12:24:27 AM
~OT~ I've now met four men from POF with the intent of "dating" not just buddies. They were all much more attractive in person than in their pictures. I dated one of them on and off for the bulk of a year until his drinking killed all the good I saw in him, we still keep in touch ~ he lives with someone now; #2 told me that I was intimidating, but dinner was good...LOL; #3 was adorable and we had a good time but his drinking inhibited my interest; #4 was ~ tragically adorable ~ really cute guy ~ until I learned he was living with someone, he turned ugly quickly. And then there was my e-pal. We hung out a couple of times and the reality hit ~ his home address was the local teenie-bopper club downtown. AUGH !!! I think I'm going to go back to the bar scene, maybe I'll find a sober man there.
 al0hadude
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:27:01 PM
Other than an overwhelming number of non-responses, message read
deletions or non-interest replies I've received, I've had a few initial
meetings and a few dates off this site, but NO connection yet - how many
e-mails & phone calls, etc. depends on the two people connecting; either
way , don't give up even if the numbers are less than appealing like in my case ! Good
luck !
 OMGitsJEANNELLE
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:46:02 AM
Who has been on a date?
i been on alot of dates because of this site

How many emails, phone calls, im's, or whatever before you went on the date?
really it depends on the person and if theres a "connection"

What was your experience?
My experience you meet alot off different people. And there are alot of "fake" people. But there are alot of real people. I meet some cool people off this site. And Some Experience are good and some are bad.

Also a question to the ladies, how do you like to be approached on a first email from a user?
I hate Sexual Emails its annoyin i like someone straight up :D
 sarlicious
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:49:53 PM
I have went on a couple of dates and met some really nice people so far
 thwipp89
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 7:01:41 PM
in a month on here, i saw 3 different women. the first girl was a disaster, the second girl went alright but no spark, the 3rd girl i had 2 dates with and it seemed to be going terrific but then she got cold feet and cut things off, which was disappointing and unexpected. back to the drawing board...

and in all cases many emails/IMs were involved beforehand and a few phone calls, aswell.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/21/2009 9:50:29 AM

While others say that we should give everyone a chance, the whole idea of wasting your time with idiots is the argument to NOT give everyone a chance.

I will NEVER understand those who think everyone should give everyone else a chance.

~OT~ I've dated quite a bit from here. My most recent decision on that note? I'm heading back to the bar scene. At least I'll be prepared for what I'm getting myself into. There I can see the IV tube attached to the bottle of Jack. Here? That whole "Do you drink" thing on the profile really screws with me. I actually believe them when they say "No."
 terrycd
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/21/2009 9:58:10 AM
I went on a so called date yesterday. We did 2 emails back and forth and i left my number and she called. We chatted and then chose a place and time to meet at 11am. I arrived 15 min early just to make sure i had the right place seeing as i had not been there before. My date arrived 11 min late. She walked with a cane and had a dog with her. She had missing teeth and was at least 10-15 yrs older than her picture. I said, "excuse me but i have to go and made a lame excuse and left. I could hear her say, "Guess i will not eat today"...
I was laughing to myself the whole ride back home. Now i am beginning to wonder if i should bother with any dating.
terry
 *ceej*
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:28:28 PM
I have been around here 18 months, and had maybe around 20 dates?

Since then I have deleted that profile and opened this new one. I have found every dysfunctional man that exists haha. I did find 1 who was close to perfect and we had a good couple months but we ended up going our own ways.
 ladyluckalways
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 6:46:43 PM
I met a wonderful Man on here when this site first started. I talked to him for 3 weeks then married Him. We would have been Married 9 years tomorrow (June 3rd)but He passed away 1 Year ago. It was a wonderful marriage so I am trying to find a nice man now. Yes You really have to be very careful who you talk to and meet. I moved to where I am at now in Jan to be closer to a man I met online and really liked Him. After moving He told Me He was married. Why don't they check these guys out some. It makes it hard to trust another man now. Good Luck everyone. I know I will never find a man like I married from here. He was the best thing that ever happened to Me.
Good Luck All
Bev Youngblood
I just want to find a nice Family Man now not any Jerks any more. Had My FILL of them.
 zangie
Msg: 66
view profile
History
My experince...
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:38:31 PM

Women just sit back and wait for that guy with the hot looks, great style, great career, nice car, nice place he lives at

I'm sure for some percentage of women this is true...but, I doubt it is all..it certainly doesn't hold true for me. I have even emailed plenty of men without pix, incidentally. We all want the person we are dating to be pleasing to our eyes...but, I maintain that this is a bigger issue with men than women..men who mention this often say it like women don't experience this.

True, the really hot looking, or women with smaller bodies than me might...but, I think my size is a bigger handicap than most men's looks in attracting the opposite gender. Most women, while wanting to be with someone they find attractive , do not have a live or die, really specific definition of what that is..most of us have really different ideas about what we find attractive, and it often entails things like their eyes, their smile, their behavior. What men find attractive, though there are variations across men, there are many basic similarities...and if you happen to be someone who doesn't fit that mold...it is harder for you.
I am not complaining...it is what it is. I just find it strange that men who complain about being rejected for how they look, don't realize that women often have the same problem , and maybe to a bigger degree.

Having said all that...I have had plenty of dates from here and some from my pay site..I think I have some attractive qualities, size notwithstanding, and I am positive and friendly..and that helps. I also think I must be somewhat good at choosing whose invitations I accept..because I have had only one bad experience..as in, behaved really inappropriately..everyone else was quite nice, and some even were better than I hoped..unfortunately, nothing long term has developed yet..either from one of us not being interested, or both, or the short dating time indicated we weren't a match.

I have to say, if someone who is BIG, old and smokes can have success...lol..almost anyone should be able to...don't let it get to you...stay positive and have patience.
 zangie
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 9:07:50 AM
I don't know forums001..it's not necessarily how you look..there are a ton of tradionally hot or handsome guys that I am not personally attracted to..I think they are nice looking...but, no chemistry..and some ordinary or average looking men I am..attraction is about more than looks for most women...

And I don't think we are any more visual then we have ever been...the difference is...some of the traditional attractions to men have less importance because we can do most of that ourselves now..so, we may have moved attraction up a bit...but,I think most of us have always wanted to be attracted to who we date..just in different ways than men sometimes...

Also: I'm not looking for perfection, not being perfect myself..but,I am looking for someone I feel I fit with in many ways...except for the exceptionally gifted in whatever criteria...this isn't easy for most...
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:48:42 AM
Two dates...

Both went nowhere.
 Trishayellowrose
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 3:08:17 PM
Well, I haven't. Actually I have had that many emails.

I wondered if something was wrong with my profile.

Maybe it makes them run away.
Never know unless someone tells you.
Pat
 zangie
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:16:39 AM
^^^ I hate to state the obvious...men are no less picky than women, just often about different things...the fact that most men who complain about not getting any attention specifically mention the "hot chicks" says a lot...

I'm get a fair amount of not interested myself, and read/deletes...

Yet, I have been on quite a few dates..both I initiated and vice versa...and I am not in the "hot" group of women either...
 Th3 Artful Dodger
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 2:10:33 PM
My brother and I, the last of the gentlemen, have both been stood up by seemingly enthusiastic girls on this site. We got the dates but there was no warm reception!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many people have actually went on a date using this site?