Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deerdog1
Msg: 4
Virgin at 26?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
me thinks you will do just fine ...26 years and 7 years in a relationship and you havent put out yet ...me thinks you wont be a easy target for a player
i agree with the earlier poster what happened to the guy that stayed 7 years without getting laid ... he definately wasnt in it for the sex
forget about being a virgin when you find someone who cares for you he will take it as a plus

just dont be quick to loose it...you cant get it back
 Rustmouse2000
Msg: 5
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:27:25 AM
I agree, your usual caution to jump in the sack should be sufficient to run off most of the players. I don't recommend holding out for another 7 years - if things just don't feel 'right' after a few months, you probably need to move on. If they're the right guy, you will probably be thinking pretty hard about having sex before too long anyhow.

Don't let the fact you haven't had any sex (or aren't as 'experienced' as other people you know) stop you. That is not normally a factor in looking for a partner, and if you explain it before having sex, the right guy will take the time and ensure that your first time goes well...
 ziggycat2009
Msg: 7
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:14:05 AM
that would turn me on even more.i went out with a girl for 3 years ,but we did everything else but.I was 33 and she was 21.Did he know what he was doing or did he try.Are you a religous person,maybe your saving it for marriage.Are you attracted by men.I know its hard talking to complete strangers.Hell i'd be chasing all over house after you.I can hear now knock it off ,cut it out,don't ,your bad ,be good.
 Rustmouse2000
Msg: 9
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:08:48 PM
My best advice - the same advice I give my daughter - is it needs to be the right person, right place, and right time. If you wouldn't take a bath with them, they're probably not the right person to have sex with...
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 13
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:32:26 AM
I hate disclosing my virginity. Especially to other guys. When they find out i'm still a virgin, most dudes I hang out make it a mission to 'get me laid'.

I remember in college I told some frat guys I was a virgin. When they went deeper and discovered I'd never been kissed, they started dragging me out to bars, and introducing me to random women and blurting out "he's a virgin!"

I guess they meant well, but it only made me feel awkward and embarassed, and I didn't want to look like I was gay, so I always agreed to go out with them. The last thing I needed were drunken frat guys calling me a fag everytime they saw me.
 elikgl
Msg: 14
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:51:51 PM
I'm kind of with you John. I had a sexual experience when I was very young, though, but don't think it was the root of any of my problems..more I believe it was the way i was raised in an environment which made me embarrassed about having a relationship.

Many years later and I'm suffering from it. Not that I'm all that socially awkward, just when it comes to being comfortable meeting someone new and expressing my interest.
 xUnderdog
Msg: 15
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/10/2008 11:48:11 PM
First off, I want to say congrats on keeping your innocence for so long. I assume the original post was created some time ago and if that's the case, I do hope you either kept holding on or found the right person.

And, I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of experience part. Just because you haven't had sex doesn't mean you can't partake in activites that lead to sex. As long as they guy you are with understands the fact that you don't want to "go all the way" and accepts it, there's no saying that you can't have some fun in the process.

I am proud to say that I am 21 and have also held onto my innocence. Some may think that its because of a lack of opportunity and to that I say "no way!"

But yes, hold onto your innocence. Don't waste it on some loser who will just walk away the next day.

There are some decent guys out there who respect virgins and in their eyes, we're tops on their list.
 Saver1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/13/2008 1:02:17 AM
From a guy point of few, here is the truth
I’ve been with virgin and non virgin, experience and non experience girls. And I’ve got to say, there is nothing more a turn-on /sexy then sleeping with a virgin, it has some sort of uncanny feeling to it.
I’ve got to be honest here, if the guy really and I mean really like you, then he wouldn’t’ give damn about whether you are virgin or inexperience. Besides, most guys find it more mannish to teach a girl about sex.

So, don’t be afraid to tell the one when meet him about your situation, and promise you, if he really likes you then he’d be full of joy that you’re still a virgin.

Some guys are only looking for a short pleasure or one nightstand and therefore prefer girl with more experience, this because they don’t want to waste their time teaching a girl about how to do sex since they knew deep inside they not gonna be with her for the long term. Got that love. Good look
Go out there and just be yourself dear.
Peace/love
 Okietokie88
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 2/9/2009 12:27:29 AM
not a problem,congratulations indeed I'll be their in five years.... yea applaud for the sad mate who's a virgin lol
 Cargirl1986
Msg: 21
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 1:07:51 AM
Trust me I know how you feel I'm a virgin at 25 still.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 22
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:08:49 AM
^^^if I were a virgin at 25...I would have long since gone to a hooker...
 Warren_Evans
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:47:57 AM
There are many reasons why people remain virgins. Finding the rite partner, ethnic backgrounds or physical, even psychological reason.
What you should be asking yourself is, why your still a virgin?
On the whole though your rite in saying that at 26 it is uncommon to still remain a virgin.
 dwayne88
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:13:13 AM

if I were a virgin at 25...I would have long since gone to a hooker...

Sorry, but not everyone wants to risk catching something or getting arrested.

Paying for sex is a rather high risk thing, espically for your average hooker.

I simply want a woman who is attracted to me that watns to have sex with me.
 Cargirl1986
Msg: 26
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:27:01 AM
Sex should be between two pple that love each other not just random hook ups
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 27
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:35:05 AM

Sorry, but not everyone wants to risk catching something or getting arrested.

Paying for sex is a rather high risk thing, espically for your average hooker.

I simply want a woman who is attracted to me that watns to have sex with me.

no, not really - I am not talking about street walkers... lol

hooker could be described as any girl who takes money for sex...

could be a girl in a bar..
a girl a guy ""helps out"" with the bills.
call girl.

anything...
 dwayne88
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:27:05 AM

no, not really - I am not talking about street walkers... lol

hooker could be described as any girl who takes money for sex...

could be a girl in a bar..
a girl a guy ""helps out"" with the bills.
call girl.

That might be something rich guys could pull off, but not the rest of us.

I also don't like the bar crap since I do not find drinking appealing at all.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 30
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/20/2011 2:25:31 PM
That might be something rich guys could pull off, but not the rest of us.

I also don't like the bar crap since I do not find drinking appealing at all.

huh ??

nah....u'd be surprised how many women would lay down with you if you buy them a cheeseburger and fries man...

don't forget the fries...
 dwayne88
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Virgin at 26?
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:09:32 AM

nah....u'd be surprised how many women would lay down with you if you buy them a cheeseburger and fries man...

don't forget the fries...

I've never met a woman who would bang someone for a value meal.

It's just not that easy.

And the ones that would probably do that would also bang you for a crack rock to.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >