Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ManeRider
Msg: 50
view profile
History
President Bush's Masterful Job On TerrorismPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Did Bush screw up? Yea, things could have been done differently but we have yet to be attacked again

This may seem naively strange.... course I could be wrong.. but....did it occur to those STILL supporting Bush-anomics..... that since Pearl Harbor, our soil has not been touched..... EXCEPT ...... under Bush 43? All this "see how good Bush is....we haven't been attacked since 9/11" ... is nothing more than a metaphor for the boy lost in the woods, who keeps telling himself repeatedly that he's going to be OK!!

Too bad they don't teach reason and accountability in Middle School.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 51
view profile
History
President Bush's Masterful Job On Terrorism
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:46:30 PM
How about a little simple math:

I'll let the readers fill in the numbers here. Outside of the U.S., how many people:

..........................................Before 9/11.............Days after 9/11............Today........

Love America....................._________..............________............__________

Feel Sympathy for America _________.............________.............__________

Hate America......................_________.............________.............__________

Now, how do we define success against terrorism?

Can even the most hard core Bush supporters among you honestly plug in a smaller number for those who today hate us than there were in the days right after 9/11? So have we increased or decreased the number of potential terror recruits lurking out there?

Now explain to me again why I should feel safer today than I did eight years ago.

Dave
 SouthSeaSong
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:57:58 PM
Your rambling post made absolutely no sense at all.
Can you clarify your position? LOL
 SouthSeaSong
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:11:25 PM
I Hunt:
Why do you only name blue cities?
Quite odd that only blue cities would be attacked by terrorists.
Seens they might have a red agenda.
 flyguy51
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:17:22 PM

Can you clarify your position?

In short, the Bush administration took a world largely united with us after 9/11 and slam dunked it into the trash. Even our closest allies, such as England, are a little miffed.

In a twisted way, it is a masterful job.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:34:56 PM
So this is what its like being a Republican; dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

President bush is so up the ass of the Saudi's; where pretty much most terrorists are funded; that its embarassing. The Right's mantra of us being less in need of foreign oil is unamerican. We need to be less in need of DOMESTIC OIL.

And this war had NOTHING to do with terrorism. Thats why Bush's approval rating is the lowest since they kept records in many publications. Big Business and corruption has ruined this country and we've sold out to China.

If you think Bush is the reason terrorists are afraid of us? omg; Yes. Osama Bin Laden who is the one that lead the 911 attack is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. He's petrified.

And look up in your history books if you want to attack. Who is the man that was the banker and helped fund many of the Nazi's investments before the war? Prescott Bush; Georges grandfather. Nice.

And if you suck for decades then that is the experience we need? Just because you are experienced doesn't mean you are good. And I can see the next Hilary being Michelle; for sure; white men will never be the same. lol

Look at the PNAC agreement; look at how Colin Powell lied in front of the UN with his proof of the war, when these were trucks from different stores; remember bush and the rest of his clan saying there is absolute proof iraq was involved in 911 and so many other things when they were not.

Its time that people stop being Republicans and Democrats and go back to being Americans. For some its obvious too late for that. You can check your brain at the door pass the kool Aid if you want, but I prefer to not blindly follow my party.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:56:01 PM

Can you clarify your position?

In short, the Bush administration took a world largely united with us after 9/11 and slam dunked it into the trash.

Thanks, flyguy. Here I was proud of myself for coming up with a simple graphic to illustrate my thoughts that I was sure everyone would understand. Guess I should have stuck with my usual seven or eight paragraphs....

Dave
 CherylCake
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:29:06 PM
One thing stands out, even though I hate to admit it. Remember how airplanes used to get hijacked all the time? Not a one since 9/11 that I can recall. That's one area the terrorists didn't win.
Seems to me we're overtaxing the countries economical resources one by one with the arms race. Japan, Russia, Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq, now Iran. If we could only unite with the space race & put the money to good scientific use for future generations. This planet is gonna be overpopulated, with less & less to go around very soon. Time for a more futuristic approach.
And why dont we just drop a huge bomb on the countries we don't like? Acceptable casualties in one big blow, rather than dragging it out for years, using our citizens for cannon fodder. Isn't that why we have those big fat bombs? Dang, just drop the big one already & get all that fat oil.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:36:23 AM

There are many posts made which critisise President Bush for his actions following the attacks on September 11th. What you never hear is what any alternative president would have done. What alternative actions would those who condemn him have taken?.

It's reasonable to assume that any president would have gone after Bin Laden. And the Afghanistan invasion might have been deemed the best way to do that by Gore or any other president, although it's hard to say for sure not knowing what other options they may have had on the table. I'd like to think that at least some other presidents would have reached out to a very sympathetic globe and led a collaborative effort focused strictly on Bin Laden and his network that would have led not only to his capture but global rejection of his twisted interpretation of the Muslim faith.

Bush started down his own extreme path with his 'Axis of Evil' speech. The Iraq debacle is something I seriously doubt ANY other president would have created, certainly not any I've experienced in my lifetime, with the possible exception of Reagan, although even he used far more diplomacy to back up his confrontational rhetoric.

You're absolutely right that we as a country have to take responsibility for putting Bush in a position to do what he has done. Both elections were statistical ties that he ended up on the plus side of, leaving aside for the moment discussion of first Florida, then Ohio and the legitimacy of their results.

The disturbing part for me is in a big part that he was able to muster the support of a quarter of those eligible to vote, but in a bigger part that half of those who could have voted were too indifferent to do so.

I can remember presidents dating back to Kennedy. Never since then has there been more stark contrast in candidates from the major parties than in the last two elections, yet half of us didn't think that mattered enough to participate in the selection process.

That's very sad, and we will collectively pay the penalty for our indifference for the rest of our lives.

Dave
 Outdoor2
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 8:28:43 AM

Dude, with all the America hating Canadians....

With all due respect, sir, the vast majority of Canadians on this site, and indeed the vast majority of Canadians in general, do not "hate" America, or Americans.

We, in fact, love America and it's founding principles.

What we do dislike in the current administration....much like the vast majority of your brethren.

"Hate" is such a un-christian like term...
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 6:16:03 PM

The only thing the radical muslims understand is strength

OK, for the sake of argument, let's accept this assertion as true. I don't know whether it's true or not, but since it seems to be the foundation of your beliefs let's just go with it for now.

Most Muslims are not radical Muslims. Their primary concern is meeting their daily needs and those of their families, all framed within personal devout practice of their Muslim faith, which doesn't condone acts of terror, suicide bombings, be-headings, etc....

Had we taken advantage of all the global goodwill and support directed our way in the days after 9/11 to very specifically focus our attention solely on the radicals responsible for that heinous act, we would have had near universal global support, INCLUDING support from many within the Muslim faith who take about as kindly to Osama twisting their faith as most Christians do the Ku Klux Klan.

Had we done that, we would have had virtually all the strength, the radical Muslims virtually none.

Instead we chose to thumb our noses at the rest of the world and lower ourselves to the level of those we opposed, plus lash out in anger at a far greater number of people who had nothing to do with 9/11, thus creating far more sympathy for Bin Laden than existed before we responded. By my math, that makes us far weaker today than we were on 9/12.

We've been the best recruiting tool Osama ever had. We've killed thousands of innocents, publicly endorsed and actively practiced torture, indefinitely held 'suspects' without the right to due process, and ravaged a country that had no conceivable link to 9/11.

How many non-radical Muslims today either support the U.S. or at least feel neutral toward us compared to the days after 9/11? How many non-Americans of any country or faith?

If what you mean by strength is simply directing massive firepower at an entire country that did harbor Bin Laden and another entire country that wouldn't even speak to him much less harbor him, it's pretty easy to imagine Osama chortling in his cave at the futility of all this mis-directed 'strength' that does nothing but strengthen his ability to garner support, and guarantees uncounted heir-apparents whenever he finally does breathe his last.

What we have done is convert a single act by a small group of terrorists into an entire generation of future terrorists that we'll have to deal with for the rest of our lives.

Another poster decried the lack of respect for the presidency. I completely agree. I abhor the total lack of respect the current president has shown for a once-honored office and for the principles this country was founded on. That a quarter of those eligible voted for him and half of those eligible simply didn't care is equally disturbing.

We've dug ourselves a huge hole. I only hope come election day we can start the long arduous process of working our way out. If we can rally all those uniquely American qualities that served us so well for so long to rebuild ourselves, restore our reputation and regain the leadership role we once had it will be in spite of Bush, not because of him, unless we use as our rallying cry "never again!"

Maybe then someday we can once again be strong. We certainly aren't now.

Dave
 gentalltheway
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:10:45 PM

I am so amazed by the lack of respect for the President of the United States.

I'm so amazed that he still has respect from some citizens!

The other thing i find funny is so many want to condemn the President of the United States. Yet, he was voted into office ... not once? but twice?

Now that was very unkind! People have enough regrets as it is. There’s really no need to remind them of the tremendous gaffe.

President Bush will go down in history as an awesome President.

You just got to be kidding! Bush will go down in history as the WORST of them all. He is nothing but a pathetic liar, and idiot and a warmongering criminal.
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/11/2008 7:48:58 PM

So the fact that the USA has not been attacked since 9/11 is proof that Bush has done a masterful job on terrorism?

why would the "real" perpetrators of 911 attack themselves ? It's very well known now that 911 had nothing to do with ossama ? where have you been ? hiding in a cave ?
 burninghour
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 12:26:36 PM
I'm getting sick of this. Name on person you or some you know, or they know who has ever been incarcerated due to the Patriot Act? How many bombs have to go off before we realize that there are many corrupt governments in the middle east who are unwilling or incapable of becoming civilized enough to be considered remotely as refined and peaceful as most European or north American countries. We are dealing with peoples whose ideologies are so barbaric and outdated that the only response they take seriously is one of aggression. I don't blame the peoples of these countries per say, but their leaders are quite masterful at spreading propaganda and lies that keep them complacent and dumb.

How come all of the so-called humanitarians and peaceniks refuse to stand up against the hundreds of thousands of people Saddam Hussein murdered? How come they refuse to cry foul whenever a Muslim woman is stoned to death? How come they are not angered every time a homosexual is hung in Iran? People like to call George Bush a Nazi or a Terrorist, name one time George Bush Hung a homosexual, stoned a woman, killed 6 million Jews. IF George Bush was truly a Nazi every time a protest against his administration was formed he would have sent out the army to arrest and or kill all of the dissidents. Hasn't happened yet.

I am not upset that people protest perceived injustices in their own country, but I am deeply disturbed that they use broad generalizations and blame our troubles on "America" or the evil "United States". Bash the president all you want, but how dare you defile the name of this country, and in turn sully the name of all of it's citizens.

We talk about the sovereignty of nations. And Sovereignty is associated with kingdoms, and kingdoms have kings, and we are free men and women. We do not bow to kings, nor should we stand idly by while self appointed kings and prophets rule others through fear, ignorance, and tyranny. We need to put an end to despotism in our lifetimes so that future generations can know freedom. Not just here, but all over the world. I for one believe that we should try and spread liberty throughout the world, and if necessary depose tyrants whenever possible. Hopefully through our actions the oppressed peoples of these countries will rise up against their dictatorial governments and earn freedom for themselves.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/12/2008 7:17:44 PM
kliente ^^^^^^^^^^ Cliff-note version, much better.

when it comes to the reality of his most important accomplishment: keeping us free of terrorism within our borders.

He has an important accomplishment? I must have completely missed that. Paaaahhhhhhllllleeeeease. Ostriches come to mind ~ I do wonder what the world looks like from underneath a pile of sand.
 ManeRider
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 8:24:48 PM
AS one other pointed out on this thread, the 'so-called' "war on drugs" not only continues, it's flourishing in the mid-east.

You can get arrested for a weed seed in your vehicle, but the poppy fields in Iraq and Afghan were never touched, still haven't been.

Why?? Because our gov't isn't actually fighting a war on drugs, they proliferate the drug war by allowing it to flourish in the mideast, so they can make billions prosecuting the Americans who are caught with it.

The first order of any government is to create work for itself, and taking out poppy fields in Iraq would only be self-defeating to the financial corruption in our Country and our Court systems. I don't condone this systemic flaw, but that's how it is.

OT:
President bushs war is decidedly about oil.
What's masterful are the numbers of sheep who blindly follow his command.
His sense of attraction to some is much like the leader of Waco or the Branch Davidiens....lol Rather twisted logic actually draws in many twisted minds.
 Pyro74
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:11:56 PM

Pakistan's top diplomat said Saturday there are no U.S. or other foreign military personnel on the hunt for Osama bin Laden in his nation, and none will be allowed in to search for the al-Qaida leader.

Yep, he doing a great job. What happened to the "your either with us, or with the terrorists"? I guess it doesn't apply to nuclear armed states.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 1:10:31 AM
shieldvulf:

...suggests a simpler explanation: that they were caught unawares,....

I enjoy your posts...you are aware...but on this point, I slightly disagree....I think they knew something was going to happen, they didn't know exactly what...maybe an airline explosion, or a hostage taking, or, or....and they decided to let it happen in order to put their plan into action. I highly doubt they expected what eventually arrived. I say this because somewhere in the Project For A New American Century there is a line that suggests that in order to launch the project, a devastating attack on U.S. soil/interests may need to occur.

burninghour:

We are dealing with peoples whose ideologies are so barbaric and outdated that the only response they take seriously is one of aggression.

Saudi Arabia comes to mind when you speak of "barbaric and outdated"....yet I'm pretty sure they are on the "most favored nations" list.

I don't blame the peoples of these countries per say, but their leaders are quite masterful at spreading propaganda and lies that keep them complacent and dumb.

I, and much of the world don't blame the people of America per say, but their leaders are quite masterful at spreading propaganda and lies that keep them complacent and dumb.

George W. Bush is certainly not a Nazi. He's not killing Jews. Perhaps years down the road when history book are written, a person who kills Muslims will be called a Bush. Which would be unfortunate, as he is merely a puppet.
JLT88:

While the Reagan administration looked the other way...

History shows they actively supported him...then they looked the other way.
Duel use helicopters comes to mind....

Halliburton has sold "duel use" technology to Iran....considering the fact that history tends to repeat itself, the technology in question should be obvious.

I heard it then...

"WE KNOW HE HAS WMD"......(we sold it to him)

And I hear it now...

"WE KNOW HE'S BUILDING A BOMB"......(we sold him the capability)

radaghast:

...the
current US president is possibly more stupid than a dirty bag of half~baked giraffe vomit.

Well, that's one I haven't heard before...
Your other points are equally entertaining and truthful.

ManeRider:

...they proliferate the drug war by allowing it to flourish in the mideast

Like cocaine from Central and South America.....

The more things change.....
 itechman63
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:27:10 AM

I'm getting sick of this. Name on person you or some you know, or they know who has ever been incarcerated due to the Patriot Act?

You are aware that there are people in law enforcement that will profile based on appearance such as long hair and a beard in an online photo and the Patriot Act allows these people to monitor you on appearance alone right? Where once they would have to follow due process to prove that there was more than your appearance to warrant surveillance, now they only don't have to like the way you look. It's not whether they will do or are doing this to your specifically, they can and would.

I for one believe that we should try and spread liberty throughout the world, and if necessary depose tyrants whenever possible.

I don't because our Founding Fathers specifically did not.
 paulinuk
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:36:41 AM
George bush the worlds biggest terroist tony blair to[well was].poor iraqis now say they were much better of with saddam,i always wonder why we did,nt we ask the arab countries why did,nt they do something about sad man [saddam]
 itechman63
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 8:26:38 PM
^^^
What a coinkydink, huh?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:17:32 AM
Thanks for the information. However, I have some questions on your points. Perhaps you can answer them?

Point #1
Does anyone really believe that Al Qaeda's strategy was to hit us only once in 8 years?
Considering that the public large-scale attacks that became famous throughout the word, Islamic terrorist forces attacked the USA ONCE (in 9/11), the UK ONCE (in 7/7), and Spain ONCE (when they hit a packed train station). So if they did intend to do something similar again, then why didn't they attack the UK multiple times? Even now, our security is not tight. You could take a bomb with you in a bag on any bus in London, and blow it up. The same applies to the tube. So 7/7 could be repeated. It hasn't. Neither has anything like it. Why should Americans be attacked multiple times and be thwarted every time but once, and yet the UK would only be attacked once?

While we're at it, AFAIK, the US was warned a few years before that terrorists could target planes and drive them into buildings. In the last 30 years, there have been a spate of hijackings, so planes have been at risk for a long time. So why, oh why, did the FBI, NSA, and CIA not take measures to prevent a 9/11, when all of those agencies would have had a responsibility to do so and would therefore had agents specifically selected to advise and ensure this did not take place?

Also, AFAIK, all planes in all countries in the world have an extremely strict flight plan. They have to log their flight plan before they are even allowed to board. They have to get official authorisation from air-control authorities before they change their flight plan. If they are in the area of an airport, they have to get direct instructions from air-traffic controllers, and they have to follow them to the letter to avoid a collision. There is no way they would be allowed into a city area without very specific instructions from an air-traffic controller, because they could fly into a building. So there is no way this could have happened without someone knowing it was going to happen earlier. So it would have been recognised as a terrorist threat before the plane went into the building. America has jet fighters to protect its borders. The twin towers were in New York, very close to the coast. So there would have been jet fighters nearby that could have shot the plane down. There is no reason I can think of why it was not preventable.

Point #2

There are two ways to fight a war:

Carpet bomb civilians until the enemy surrenders as we did in WWII or;
Didn't you know that's what the USA did in Vietnam? Did it help then? AFAIK, everyone believes that Vietnam was an unmitigated failure. Carpet-bombing is NOT an infallible technique by far.

Carpet-bombing was NOT the main reason that Germany surrendered. The UK was carpet-bombed by V2s. Nearly all of Coventry and half of London were annihilated. It didn't stop us. The main reason that Germany surrendered was that allied forces invaded further and further on German-held territory, until the Allied forces took it all, and the Germans were forced to surrender.

Point #3 (completely off topic)

If B. Hussein Obama wins the Presidency, can we expect Michelle "I've never been proud to be an American" Obama to be running on her "35 years of experience" after his term is up?
If she could do a good job of the Presidency, then why not? Why? Do you think women are incapable of running a country? Maggie Thatcher ran the UK for over 10 years. I know of NO-ONE who wanted her charged with War Crimes. Some people think she did a good job. However, I know LOTS of people who want Tony Blair charged with them.

Sorry kids, I'm afraid there is no Santa Clause.
The only Santa Clause I know of, is an older man who gives us nothing but good things. The only person I can think of who is comparable to Santa is President George W. Bush and the message that everything he does in the name of National Security and fighting the "war on terror" is only going to "help" us. If Santa isn't real, then it's a fantasy to thing that Bush is doing anything to protect the American public, and he isn't just doing all this to put more money in the form of government contracts and oil deals into the hands of his friends and hidden business partners. He doesn't have to tell you who he's helping to help them, you know.

And in spite of the popularity of the Bush bashing game (suitable for ages toddler through 12 years old), President Bush's policy of going overseas to fight the battle over there instead of on our own streets, taking the fight to the Islamic extremist enemy in Iraq, a central location in the midst of the Arab/Persian Middle Eastern threat, and tying up the extremist's resources in that battle was not only the right strategy, but was likely the only strategy that would have led to the freedom from terrorism that we have all enjoyed for the past 7 years.
I don't think you quite understand the situation.

1) Your are far, far more likely to be threatened on your own streets from gangs and crime than you ever were from terrorism. AFAIK, this threat is just as bad as ever.

2) I have NEVER heard it said that the Islamic extremists are based in Iraq. Who told you that?

3) There is NO central location on the threats from the Arab/Persian/Middle-Eastern world. Ever heard of Iran? Ever heard of Libya? Libya is on one side of the Arab/Persian world and Iran is on the other.

4) The war on Iraq and in Afghanistan isn't tying up extremist resources from attacking US or UK soil. The bombers who attacked in 7/7 were HOME-GROWN. They were British, born and bred. They weren't going to go to Iraq to fight US soldiers. There are many more people who can be so influenced in the UK and in the US.

5) The war in Iraq is not a religious issue, or a political issue, but an issue of independence. The Iraqis didn't attack the US forces when they invaded Iraq and removed Sadaam Hussein. THEY CHEERED THEM! The War on Iraq was a cakewalk. Far more UK and US soldiers were lost to friendly fire, than to attacks from Iraqis. All the real trouble only started once Sadaam was removed, and the War was over. Everyone expected that now that Sadaam was out, the forces would go home. They stayed. That would be like a few policemen breaking into your sister's home to arrest her drug-dealing, violent boyfriend, and then having kicked her out, setting up home and having sex with her against her will. I would expect her kids to try to anything they can to make it difficult for those policemen so they get out. What's different here?

The War on Iraq was an unmitigated success. It ended 2 months after the war began. Everything after then was an unmitigated disaster, because there never WOULD have been terrorist attacks on US soldiers if the US had not been there, siphoning off oil and forcing Iraq to make oil commitments in the first place.

Also, we in the UK have NOT enjoyed any freedom from terrorism. We were far more likely to get hit by a bus than be attacked by terrorists before 9/11, even if the security forces did nothing. That hasn't changed after 9/11. The only thing that's changed is that our freedoms have been vastly curtailed since 9/11, turning our country from a bastion of freedom and democracy into something resembling a police state. Your country's new laws have gone much further than ours. Freedom? You have far less now than you used to enjoy.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 7:25:21 AM
PEOPLE!
Do not turn this thread into another 9/11 conspiracy debate. It is NOT what this thread is about. There are many threads on 9/11. Go post in them. Otherwise it is almost certain this thread will be locked or deleted.

Thank you.
 ManeRider
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:33:47 AM
Outdoor2

PEOPLE! Do not turn this thread into another 9/11 conspiracy debate. It is NOT what this thread is about. There are many threads on 9/11.

FYI, the acts on 9/11 are the nucleus of this debate, with regards to terrorism in America. IF 'PEOPLE are disussing terrorism, and what a 'masterful and brilliant' job our lame-duck, lame A$$ commander-in-chief has acomplished, there's very little that could be discussed without some discussion regarding 9/11. The two are basically synonymous. Anyone else notice we lost the OP back on page 2? Guess he got his fill and realized just how invidious and child-like his post was.
Scorpion mover, you rock dood. Thanks for that post.
The 'masterful and brilliant' work Bush has done is nothing short of diabolical sabotage of a once great nation. How one person (and his Romper Room entourage)has virtually brought this Country to it's knees is what the real impetus of this discussion is, regardless of how invidious the OP's original comments were, and terrorism is simply one aspect of that topic.
 EarlzP
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:27 AM
Like the Rain Wake Up and smell the Rain , Osama Bin Laden accomplished his mission

Remember when your parents told you that just because all the other kids are doing it doesn't make it right?

Well I'm going to be the daddy here and explain why all the follow-the-crowd Bush bashers may enjoy the camaraderie of their adolescent rebellion when it comes to President Bush, but are way off the mark when it comes to the reality of his most important accomplishment: keeping us free of terrorism within our borders.

Point #1
Does anyone really believe that Al Qaeda's strategy was to hit us only once in 8 years?

Take a look around you our economy is in shambles why would Bin Laden strike us again do you think that he is so stupid that he would want us to divert time money and troops to actually defend our borders and create technology that might stop another attack

I bet he laugh’s his self to sleep at night, one terrorist attack and he has not only accomplished his mission but he accomplished removing Saddam from power as well, how brilliant is he , he is a terrorist they don’t beat you face to face they beat you using terror they don’t need missiles and armies they use the weapons they are best at using their brains.

If you want to beat Bin Laden learn to think like him. what would be a major blow to him? Why would his loyal followers revolt, do what he did on 911 and you can defeat him other wise he will continue to pull your strings and laugh as you dance
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >