Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Icon_
Msg: 30
attracting older women vs younger womenPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Oops, I looked at your profile. Now you must marry me and give me babies.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 31
attracting older women vs younger women
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:52:13 AM

Oops, I looked at your profile. Now you must marry me and give me babies.
There goes my shot...

Oh, wait...can't do the baby-makin' thing anymore...

Annudder
 _Icon_
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:58:53 AM
^^^lol.

The babies are only for cooking.
 Patarey
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:50:11 PM
I just perved....... I mean looked at your profile...........add me to the list...........
 _Icon_
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:15:09 PM
here goes. last 10 visits to my profile

Dude, stop flattering yourself.

If they were interested they would have written to you.

Profile views mean squat.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:06:08 PM
~OP~ Not sure what the purpose of this is, a view is just a view. People view profiles for many different reasons. I don't view them to "find" something for myself. I do sometimes look for other people though. I'll bet all of those 60+ men that I view wonder why I've viewed them when my profile has age restrictions on it. The reason? I'm searching profiles for other people and sending them on (or not.) I don't assume anything unless there is an email and then I still don't assume anything! It's the net. JMO
 Remington55
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/16/2008 3:06:07 AM

O/P Msg 1 ~ I mean, heck, maybe I look like I'm 65, I dunno. Perhaps my decision not to drink, smoke, or live promisuously attracts a more mature person, and people my age are, for the mostpart, still living somewhat self-destructively?

Wow you think women can tell just by looking at your picture with your hands in your pockets that they can tell that you're a non-drinker, non-smoker and do not live promiscuously???? Maybe it's the designer T-shirt and pocket-pool pose that gets 'em. Mathematically 31 goes into 62 a lot more than it does with 25~30 doesn't it?

I have to agree with most of the responses here too, people look at someone's profile out of curiosity, perhaps to get a more dynamic feel to see if what the person is saying is reflected in their profile. 1976 is your DOB?? And not your car?? Dang!!!! Who would've guessed...

If you're looking for more attention, methinks joining the ranks of Chip-n-Dales (also see Chippendales) would certainly get you in the limelight. You're still young enough & women of all ages would simply adore you...

They say that women want close up pix and men want full body profiles, do a little of both so that whoever looks at your profile can see & enjoy either. Personally you're not my type, wrong sex... sorry!!!! How would Yoda say it? "Hmmm Hmmm Lost in profile visits by older women, Kevinlovett1976 has..."

WOW!!! Lril (Msg 53) ~ Your profile pix makes you look like 18 or 19, what a difference... Anyway I'd certainly have to agree with you, you'd run circles around 'kevinlovett1976' any day I'd bet...

**~Remington55~**
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/16/2008 6:21:03 PM
You're attracting women because you are cute, Kevin! Let there be no misconception, women are visual, too, at any age.
 ladyc4
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/16/2008 6:39:00 PM

maybe the older ladies just want to pinch your cheeks

Which cheeks??
Cindy O
 zangie
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 6:55:15 PM
I look at some profiles just because they are fun to look at? I can appreciate cuteness whether I'd want to date them or not?

And I also look at profiles of posters all the time..sometimes more than once because now that I am sooooo old.. I have trouble remembering what I read?..lol...

I also agree with MSflis...looking or emailing..older women are usually far less afraid to make a first move, and often we just don't sit there waiting for someone to contact us all the time?...and we do get enough interest from younger men not to think it would be an automatic panic on the guys part because we looked/wrote?
 chrylann
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:08:30 PM
I've looked at younger guy's profiles, just curious at who a poster is, and I am not the least bit interested in young guys. Sorry to Disappoint you!
 Rythmn
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 10:20:47 PM
from the size of your pic, you cannot tell if you are a man or a woman, let alone what age you are. most of us who "post" regularly will look at the profile of whoever said what. it helps to put their words in a larger context.

if someone is viewing you, who does not post, they could be searching or maybe see you above, while you are online and they are responding to email or whatever.

i wouldn't get your hopes high OR your dreams smashed "just" by who looks at your profile! also many may start with an objective, but once they see your age (and sex), they may just move on.

most people cannot tell my age (59) by my pic. why? because i put only my good pics up so i don't get all hysterical when a younger person "views" my profile. that being said, once i start getting a milfer annoying me with stupid "come-on's" then i get miffed and react accordingly, typically by blocking him. if you are being harrassed or annoyed, then just "block". if your esteem is being affected by the age of your viewers who pursue no further, then i would seek counseling immediately.

if not enough younger women are contacting you, that is called "marketing". most people here are not that lucky to have quality suitors contacting them one after the other. many who are pursued by the 100's and 1000's are just getting booty responses, which are not worth much these days--if you are seriously looking to meet the one.
 lelathecat
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/19/2008 3:06:26 AM
I just like to read profiles in genera, male and female. It doesn't mean I'm interested.

If I am really interested, I will contact.

There is something strange about your photos. Maybe it is the angle of them. You height says nearly 6 feet but the photos make you look really short like 5'5" or something.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/19/2008 10:26:08 AM
You don't remotely look 65 and you know it. Why do you find it odd that women in around 45 are visiting your profile, they are 14 years older than you. You are looking for "women" as young as 18. Do you think the 18 year old females on here look 31?

I don't think you are an attention seeker but rather the typical male thinking it is fine for him to date women much younger than himself, but finds it wierd for a woman much older to want to date you.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/19/2008 10:49:42 AM
Oh No I looked at his profile. I hope he does not think I'm gay like Sulu from Star Trek. HELOOOO. lol.
 ladyc4
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:06:03 PM
well I just looked at your profile...because whatever the hell it is you are standing next to, in the "thumbnail", looks like a giraffe.
Cindy O
 music4me2
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:10:46 PM
Thank you, MrMark! Repulican/Democrat....older/younger....etc

My opinions USUALLY aren't formed on a person until I get to know them. There are those times when a good sense of humor is an honest to goodness attraction. Some men no matter what the age/looks/job/political views/etc... can come off as insincere, imature, and totally into themselves.
Also, wanted to tell you ... I enjoyed the "Ewww.....Uh Uh..." and was sad to see it go

nebula22
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:25:35 AM
How do you know if someone looked at your profile unless your constantly checking to see if someone looked at you?
I never check that stuff because I don't care..
If someone wants to talk to you,,, They will send you a message.
 o76923
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:13:44 PM
If it makes you feel any better OP (and critics who think he feels deserving of younger women), it's actually not uncommon. Bill Dragon did a 12 year study surveying personal ads in order to find out what people looked for in a partner. One of his most interesting discoveries (in his own opinion) was that women tended to look for men roughly in their age bracket, generally a couple years older. Men on the other hand, looked for women in the mid to late 20s regardless of age. Whether they were 18 and looking for a 24 year old, or 65 and looking for a 26 year old, that seems to be the sweet-spot.

So if nothing else, it's pretty much exactly what's to be expected.
 toomuch13
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/30/2008 1:57:03 PM
Older women look at your profile for the same reason dogs lick themselves...because they can.

I am 37 soon to be 38 and I plan on having children. Just say in your profile "I need a good breed mare to bear my children." That should get those 45 and beyond women away from you.
 mollymousse
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 2:36:41 PM
i check out younger guys profiles , some are really yummy,lol id never message them but no harm in looking and thinking god to be 25 again
 english lass
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/21/2008 7:15:08 AM
well, on reading your post, i just checked your profile, simply because i wanted to see who you were

sometimes people check other's profiles because they can't tell how old they are from the picture (it's very teeny, thumbnail size) and when they see they're too young, then they continue on their merry browsing way

i wouldn't assume it was out of being interested, unless they actually write to you and tell you they are
 catkin2007
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/21/2008 2:15:11 PM
Never heard a man your age complain about women my age contacting him or looking at his profile before. I thought it was every young man's dream to have a older woman!

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:01:32 AM
I have that option hidden on my specs because I don't want guys to know that I visit their profiles--for EXACTLY the reason about which you are complaining. Do NOT assume that visiting a profile indicates a possible romantic interest.

I often look at profiles of men whose pictures are totally unappealing to me just to see what they say. I look at profiles of people who post in forums. Also, I have seen thumbnails that appear promising, only to see the bigger picture of a man either younger or older than I thought.

If these women are not contacting you, they are most likely just checking you out and have no idea how old you are before checking. Before they look, they have no idea if you drink, smoke, etc.

Don't be so egocentric!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/24/2008 3:50:10 PM

However, maybe you can tell me why so many men between the ages of 23 - 28 believe that they can "ROCK MY WORLD, BABY."

Hummm...it must be that beautiful red hair lass!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >