Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > for the gun control people [CLOSED      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 201
view profile
History
for the gun control peoplePage 9 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Music, Hollywood and The Movie Industry doesnt help,

You cant turn on a TV or rent/buy a DVD unless it has some real good Special Effects of Gun Toting Bad Guys, and the Good Guys who go after them.....with lots of Bombs, Bodies and Explosions,...those are the things that sell.

And Music,...encourging Violence and Hatred,....

The more advance our High Society becomes, the more barbaric our Low Life gets.

While High Society sips the Finest, their only worry is will Junior get into Princeton, Harvard, or Yale ?

The Low Life downs another 40 OZ, and packs Heat, in case some other Crew comes rollin through the hood.

Mean while, the middles class,....whats left,..is caught between the Cross Hairs....

Removing , Banning Guns,..doesnt stop people from committing crimes, nor Murder,
and it stops innocent people from being able to protect themselves and their Loved ones.

Criminals, will continue to get Guns,..or make them, if Guns are outlawed,..then we will truly be at their mercy.
 bigshrek
Msg: 202
for the gun control people
Posted: 11/13/2009 11:59:14 AM
"Why are Are Our Military Bases Gun-Free Zones?"

Political correctness. It wasn't always that way, only since our society was taken by the throat by political liberals. Slick Willy is the one who issued that order, though I admit I am surprised Curious George didn't rescind it. You can bet your sweet bippy that the Obamination won't! Not even after yet another massacre where it's obvious to anyone with eyes to see that if the victims had not been in a gun-free zone - that is, if they were allowed either concealed or open carry - the mad dog doing the shooting would not have killed nearly as many as he did.

You look at any of them - the Long Island Railroad Massacre, Columbine, Virginia Tech and now Fort Hood - and you see the same thing: people unable to shoot back because some authority has disarmed them "for their own good." Cause and effect in these cases is so simple even Sir Bedemere's peasants could figure it out! The solution is equally simple: ARM THE PEOPLE SO THEY CAN FIGHT BACK WHEN A MAD DOG SHOWS UP. Tends to cut down on the Mad Dogs.

In Florida, we're currently trying to get a law passed like the ones in Texas where our teachers can CCW at school. Too bad there wasn't a Schoolteacher around at Ft. Hood.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:20:43 AM

Removing , Banning Guns,..doesnt stop people from committing crimes, nor Murder,
and it stops innocent people from being able to protect themselves and their Loved ones.

Criminals, will continue to get Guns,..or make them, if Guns are outlawed,..then we will truly be at their mercy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep thinking weapons are the problem.
I have had a gun save my life or at the very least rape from an intruder just by "c0*king" it and firing it near his feet when he walked into my bedroom at home alone. "I've been watching you little girl" ( I was all of 19).

He was a big man and needed no gun.

It was our gardener of 3 years, so no one thought anything of him walking up to our back door and entering.

Gun sales are skyrocketing here from the fear of not being able to save your own life/family in your home because of all this gun control talk since the sandy hills school shootings. Some ammunition is practically non existent on the shelves.

There are flyers everywhere since the recent school shootings for people to take concealed weapons classes ESP for women and most are given by police officers in the area.

Fear mongering for gun control is selling MORE guns.

Serial or mass killers/your spouse or a nut job will find a way to kill if they want to kill.
 hplazerjet
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:30:16 AM
There's a wonderful Youtube video of this guy who is in his car and gets off at an exit ramp, and some dudes drive in front of him and block his car and jump out and begin to jack him...and he simply pulls out his gun and they sh**
bricks and run away in terror. And you could tell it wasn't staged.

Last week something very similar happened to my lady friend on the east coast. She stopped at a light and two dudes
ran up and the first dude put his hands in the driver's window trying to get her throat, and she shot the guy three times,
the other guy ran away. The guy she shot died.
Guess what? My lady friend just got back from two tours in the middle east. They picked the WRONG lady to jack.
The police inspected her gun, made sure it was registered, and let her go. Oh yeah, the dude she shot had a rap sheet a mile long. No surprise.

I say, the more guns the better. Arm all of the teachers. The more people who carry means the more scared the bad guys will be.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:48:02 AM

There's a wonderful Youtube video of this guy who is in his car and gets off at an exit ramp, and some dudes drive in front of him and block his car and jump out and begin to jack him...and he simply pulls out his gun and they sh**
bricks and run away in terror. And you could tell it wasn't staged.

Wow that sounds great and totally backs up your story.

It is a shame though that there is not some way that you could share this with others so they could see what you are talking about.

Maybe someday the technology will change to allow people to share a series of characters that would allow them to view this, so I guess until then we will have to take your word for it.

Last week something very similar happened to my lady friend on the east coast. She stopped at a light and two dudes
ran up and the first dude put his hands in the driver's window trying to get her throat, and she shot the guy three times,
the other guy ran away. The guy she shot died.
Guess what? My lady friend just got back from two tours in the middle east. They picked the WRONG lady to jack.
The police inspected her gun, made sure it was registered, and let her go. Oh yeah, the dude she shot had a rap sheet a mile long. No surprise.

Cool story Bro, shame you just made it up, but either way I will give you a 5 / 10 for effort.
 hplazerjet
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/21/2012 8:08:39 AM
Not made up. Honest truth.
Truly, there is something wrong with you. You try to pick fights all day long.
You have absolutely no integrity at all. I'm surprised that you haven't been banned.

Youtube has MANY videos like the one I mentioned and you could go and see for yourself,
but you won't because that would force you to admit that there ARE cases where bad guys are stopped
when folks are armed.

My story was 100% true. My lady friend served in Afghanistan and the robbers/would be rapists picked the wrong
mark. What's so hard to believe about the story?

You wouldn't be so quick to call me a liar face to face. Trust me on this.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/21/2012 8:25:58 AM

Not made up. Honest truth.

No not made up at all, because when someone makes a claim on the internet that could be backed up with facts, yet they forget or fail to provide those facts, there is no reason what so ever to assume they are just making sh*t up.

Youtube has MANY videos like the one I mentioned and you could go and see for yourself,
but you won't because that would force you to admit that there ARE cases where bad guys are stopped
when folks are armed.

Yet you failed to prove a link to even one of them.

My story was 100% true. My lady friend served in Afghanistan and the robbers/would be rapists picked the wrong
mark. What's so hard to believe about the story?

Sure it was true, it juts happened to not get picked up by a single news outlet, surely just an oversight on their part.

You wouldn't be so quick to call me a liar face to face. Trust me on this.

Well seeing as your history has shown you to be dishonest I will not trusting you or any of your childish threats.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 208
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:00:53 AM
After just reading the latest "intelligent" news release from the NRA, I just can't wrap my brain around the stupid gun folks in the US. Scared little mice. Just friggin stupid.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:03:43 AM
America's only solution is Guns. Pretty Sad. Makes me proud to be canadian.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:12:52 AM
I'm not a big fan of the many of the policies of the NRA but it is refreshing to see such a display of democratic activism in a western country. A group of citizens that uses democratic means to promote and lobby their positions.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:17:08 AM

Pretty Sad. Makes me proud to be canadian.

Like the billions wasted on our long gun gun registry? As an Albertan that passive acceptance by Canadians didn't make me proud. (And I don't own or want to own a rifle).

Thank goodness we woke up from that travesty.
 _babblefish
Msg: 212
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:31:12 AM

I'm not a big fan of the many of the policies of the NRA but it is refreshing to see such a display of democratic activism in a western country . .

sure, if what you mean is; democratic activism translates to lobbying dollars, hardly refreshing
 outlaw4200
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:07:34 AM
why, why, why is it that all the anti gunners are not even from my country? which dont get me wrong, i dont mind, rock on folks...
 matchlight
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:26:13 AM
"Gun control" is not a very precise term, and I'm never sure just what someone means by it. It's clear that the federal and state governments can regulate firearms to some degree. They can prohibit people from owning a howitzer or an RPG or carrying around a machine gun. And they can make it illegal for a felon or a crazy person or someone under a restraining order to have a gun. What's not so clear is how far government can restrict the right to keep and bear arms without running afoul of the Second Amendment.

The governor of New York says he thinks the state could require permits for owning firearms, or at least some types of them. I doubt it. A couple years ago, in McDonald v. Chicago, the Supreme Court struck down an Illinois law that prohibited the residents of Chicago from having firearms. The Court said that violated the Second Amendment.

Cars can be deadly weapons too--they kill tens of thousands of people in this country every year. And some people have purposely driven them through crowds to commit mass murder. States can certainly restrict the conditions under which people can drive--but imagine a law that gave the state power to decide if a person could even buy or own a car.

The power to issue a permit also means the power to deny it. If it's for the government to decide whether you can have something, you have no real right to it--you hold it only at the pleasure of the state. You don't need to ask for government permission to have a $20 bill in your wallet. Providing you came by it legally, you have the right to that twenty. It's yours and no one else's.

The idea of a state permit to have a gun is un-American to the core. It belongs in Hitler's Germany, or Stalin's Russia, or Mao's China. I can't see how anyone could square it with the U.S. Constitution. or with government of, by, and for the people.
 _babblefish
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:28:22 AM

why, why, why ..is it that all the anti gunners are not even from my country

firearms trafficking and smuggling into Canada, that's why, why, why
 outlaw4200
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:36:31 AM
you dont hear me about the drug trade from mexico, and dont tell me drugs are not killing people...
 hplazerjet
Msg: 217
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:48:54 AM
There are literally THOUSANDS of examples on Youtube, of surveillance videos
where guns have stopped robbers and other criminals.
Thousands of videos.
This cannot be refuted, and anyone can go to Youtube and search for "guns stopping robbers."

Jewelry store owners shooting robbers. Seven eleven clerks shooting robbers.
Hotel clerks shooting robbers, etc.etc.etc., and that's only a quick search term, I'm sure there are others that would
reveal even more instances where crime has been curtailed or stopped by gun owners.

So, I'm a liar?

Don't think so.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 218
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:02:29 AM

There are literally THOUSANDS of examples on Youtube, of surveillance videos
where guns have stopped robbers and other criminals.
Thousands of videos.
This cannot be refuted, and anyone can go to Youtube and search for "guns stopping robbers."

Well that solves it kids, there are video on the interwebs showing in a few isolated cases where people stopped a robber.

So, I'm a liar?

Yet, Still no link to the video you described or link to the so called story of your friend killing a car jacker.

So if the hat fits, keep making those stories up and people will keep calling you out on it.
 outlaw4200
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:18:23 AM
allright this will be my last post on this topic, the reason i am agianst gun control is this, i see my rights being striped away from my country men on a daily basis even if you read the newspaper badly, its hard to miss. for example kids getting booted out of school for wearing shirts or clothing that expresses themselfs who they are and or their opinions, ok freedom of speech gone sticken from the books folks. now my government wants my guns that how i see it. gun control is only the begining, i am tired of the biased news media spinning these storys out of control, you know, no news is good news. now are rights, rights if your government can just take them away from you? like for instance the war on terror, should we just keep giving up our libertys for saftey, makes no sense to me. cuz when i walk the streets at night i dont walk fearing the inevitable, bad things happen in this world no matter what we do i have come to terms with that. if i could afford a 24hr task force of armed body guards like all my anti gun rights law makers, i still dont think i would give up my weapons because i enjoy going to the range with my nephews and nieces and teaching them a sport that not to many people get to enjoy in this word and i am an avid hunter, hopefully i will never have to use my weapon in self defence but lets say me and you are in a mall one day and somebody starts to open fire, and the police are not there to save us you know their flirting with that cute girl at 7 11, it would be my honor and my duty to take out that threat like any other law enforcement officer to protect your family and mine. as i see it when i give my ggovernment an inch they take the country. thats why im out at work, my local sherriffs office, the store wherever a petition my be i sign it thats my part i am fighting for my country that we have all fought, bleed and died for. so folks enjoy the debate i have congress men and women to harrass. sincerely, still packen. peace and merry christmas, hey aint the world suppose to blow up or something today damn doomsdays their never reliable ...
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:36:38 AM

I haven't found a source that gives the exact statistics of how many murders are committed by which weapon, but it seems like knives/stabbing may be in the lead.

Actually, in the US, guns are, according to information I came across on one website (can't recall which specific one), guns are involved in 60% of the homicides in the US.

Exactly ... guns don't do the killing - people do.

You can say the same thing about any object that has been used to kill someone.
The difference is, guns were specifically invented to kill, not for any other purpose.
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:53:47 AM
I remember hearing that there were couple of people at the Tucson Giffords shooting who were armed and did nothing nut hide. One guy with a ccw permit who was armed joined those who did take Loughner down, but his gun was never used because a 70 year old man had already knocked down Loughner. He ran out of a store, drew his gun, and pinned a innocent bystander, later telling FoxNews he was lucky he didn’t shoot the wrong guy. What a melee.
Having a gun doesn't convert you into a hero. And in that case, it was someone without a gun but with guts who took down the shooter, with his body, not a weapon.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 12:19:36 PM

I'm not a big fan of the many of the policies of the NRA but it is refreshing to see such a display of democratic activism in a western country . . ...

sure, if what you mean is; democratic activism translates to lobbying dollars, hardly refreshing

What is wrong with lobbying for a cause? How else can a group of citizens make themselves heard? I'm sure your issue with democracy is selective. The NRA, love them or hate them, is grassroots democracy. I'm sure you won't criticize individuals that get together to make more restrictive gun owning laws or push for other causes: How about the AARP? Mothers against Drunk Driving? The Audobon Society? Get rid of them all because they are grassroot movements that lobby for policies? Blacks should have scorned the NCAAP and accepted segregation?
 4ms4me
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 12:20:34 PM
Pro-gun people: Why do countries with more gun control have fewer gun deaths? If gun control doesn't work, why can't I bring a gun to Congress or the White House, or even on a plane?

From http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/gun-control-in-australia/ comes the interesting information that after gun control was introduced to Australia in 1996, all violent crime decreased, and gun homicides decreased most of all. Add to that information the fact that there are now more guns in circulation than there were prior to the ban - but the magazine sizes are limited and weapons designed for war zones can only be owned in a non-operational state. Japan is another country that has virtually eliminated gun deaths through gun regulation.

In the other thread, I posted some figures on mass murders from 1982 until 2012. In total, there were 62 mass murders, illing or injuring a total of 982 people. Between 1982 and 1994, when the ban on assault weapons went into effect, there were at total of 16 mass murders, killing or injuring 225 people. In the only 8 years since the ban has been lifted, the number of mass murders has almost doubled, to 27 incidences and 459 victims. Funny how both mass murders and victims more than doubled after the ban on assault weapons was lifted in 2004. You might also want to know that in none of these cases was an armed civilian able to stop the massacre; those who tried were either wounded or killed themselves.

I know you can find all kinds of videos on You-Tube when some brave citizen gets out his trusty gun and scares away the bad guys, but you don't see the ones where the good guy gets shot or where the good guy misses and shoots some innocent bystander. For instance in 2005, a man who tried to stop a shooter in a Tacoma WA mall was shot several times by the shooter and spent several weeks in hospital though fortunately he recovered. Then there's the guy who tried to be a hero when someone went on a rampage at county courthouse in Tyler, Texas: he died for his efforts, and saved no-one. Those are the kinds of videos you don't see on You-Tube, but I bet they'd at least match, if not outnumber, the ones where the bad guys came out on the bottom. And, if civilians fighting back is such a great idea, why does law enforcement consistently advise against it?
 _babblefish
Msg: 224
Posted: 12/21/2012 12:55:17 PM

What is wrong with lobbying for a cause? How else can a group of citizens make themselves heard? I'm sure your issue with democracy is selective.

was leaving out the "$" purposeful? the issue with lobbying: it's legalized bribery
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 225
Posted: 12/21/2012 1:19:49 PM
"What is wrong with lobbying for a cause?" I think it's time that the gun- haters and the parents of murdered children to march and let their voices be heard. The Million Mother's and Father's March sounds like a good name. Maybe some of the rich republicunts who support the NRA will give a matching dollar donation to this group. Donate some money for life instead of death.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > for the gun control people [CLOSED