Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Has this ever happened to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 antique knight
Msg: 25
Has this ever happened to you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i agree with everybody that has been thru it. the infatuations happen when we look tooo hard and try to grab the brass ring and find out later it was junk metal. i have friends infatuated as teens, split by parents and marriied later in their 50's . but that is love and understanding that will do that. infatuation is like a rain storm; a lot of hoop-lah at first then it just fizzles out in the end.
 bellazingara
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Has this ever happened to you?
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:28:25 AM
Sounds like a crush. I haven't had that feeling since my early-mid twenties and had forgotten how awesome it feels until you brought it up here. Would love to meet someone who makes me weak in the knees again...ah the good ole days!
 rescuebiker
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:55:45 AM
Yes, this has happened to me , also. But, like the other people have said. If someone isn't attracted to you, you must let it go, and move on, or it will consume you, and even, hurt you.Good luck and keep on
 INTOART
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:40:26 AM
Yes, this happened recently. After only two dates, I was already able to envision us being together for life. The worst part is that she lied by pretending to feel the same way. That made it far harder a week later when she unceremoniously dumped me (via email, no less!) It would have been far better for me if she had simply said that she didn't feel anything for me right from the get-go. I still almost feel physically ill whenever I run across her picture here on POF.
 caring2sharing
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:50:34 AM
Yes it also has happened to me...but it's been a long time....also been a long time for other things too
 whatsallthis
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/19/2008 9:11:56 AM

You will never have your heart broken and can be assured of being the dumper, not the dumpee.

Now why is it I don't trust women again??? I hope your dog bites you!

I have had this happen to me a few time in my life and turn into long, fulfilling relationships, which I eventually blew. Young and stupid walk hand in hand. It is incredible when the attraction is mutual.
 HulaH
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:38:07 PM
I've had it happen once. It's a crazy feeling but at the same time the smart side of my brain thinks...you're just being crazy / your homones are acting up gain.
 theandy1
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:59:03 AM
Welcome to the shitty world of unrequited love.
I've felt that way about too many people, but it was always one sided. As a result I'm now a pessimist when it comes to dating. If I like someone, but they show no interest I've learned to let it go ASAP. It makes things much easier.
 caring2sharing
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:58:46 AM
WOW Loz Hunter..hope this jerk doesn't "taint" you on all men..and you're right that is a SICK man..
 midnightbutterfly83
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:08:10 PM
im dealing with this right now. he says he feels the same way about me that i feel about him, he just doesnt express it the way that i do....which is very openly. he's just getting started in his career and says that he doesn't have time for distractions right now. he also told me that sometimes he tells himself to stay away from me because he knows that it's hard to spend time with me and not be distracted. makes no sense to me and i don't know if he's waiting for me to give up so he doesn't break my heart or what. he said "that's why i can't break your heart, because i told you i never would." i'm starting to think he wants me to move on but until he actually says those words, i very hesitant to move forward.

sorry that was probably too much information on my problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Has this ever happened to you?