Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 8
view profile
History
The FuturePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
the beauty of the future is that we don't know how it is going to be so best to live in the moment and doing the best you can. People talk about all sorts of things like space rocks destroying life on earth by hitting us and people becoming more and more divided and the world becoming increasingly unable to supply enough food and water to feed everyone but who knows. Best to live in a way that is in keeping with how you want it to be and do to others what you want to be done to you. For example, i don't subscribe to the theory of having everything i can afford as i believe that is unsustainable and i live accordingly.
 InSydney
Msg: 16
The Future
Posted: 6/14/2008 4:32:38 AM
You want to see the future? Are you sure? According to scientists, the Sun in our solar system will simply stop emitting energy in the form of heat and light in about 4 billion years time because the Sun will run out of energy. This will mean that life on our planet (and every other planet in our solar system) will cease to exist.

I just had a funny idea. What if the producers of Big Brother came up with a reality show just before the Sun burns out and they could have somebody saying in a loud voice "It's time to go.... ....everybody on Earth!" Okay, so maybe this won't so funny when it actually happens but I have a weird sense of humour.
 SexyBBW66
Msg: 18
view profile
History
The Future
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:47:47 AM
Does anyone recall watching Tank Girl? where the whole world was in drought and the water and power was owned by one corporation? lol bloody funny cult movie but has the essence of what has been happening
eerie!
 greyingred
Msg: 25
view profile
History
The Future
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:55:38 AM

safe/friendly futures don't really put bums on seats.

Sad but true...even Shakespeare's comedies and romantic plays were full of intrigue, betrayals, mis communication etc.

also wonder what impact these movies have on our over impressionable children.

Entertainment is merely easily and immediately digested education/knowledge, be it fantasy or a documentary. So wonder why after '70s movies that HAD to have a car chase movie, the kids who were very young at that time finally reach driving age...and bammo start doing the Italian Job. I had been thinking about censorship especially with the Mary Whitehouse film coming on the ABC and wondering whilst she was definately an uptight prude that there was and still is definately a need for censorship especially in the instance of our children.

Lol re Noah...I have been saying that for years and now with frozen embryos we can actually do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >