Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 neondove
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Will this fix itself?Page 9 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

The point of my post and many others is that the past is the past and her current BF has no right to tell her what she did was wrong. She owes no one an explanation for her acts.
The 'girls' I went to school with are now 45 year old women with careers and families. What they did in their 20's has no bearing on who they are today, it was harmless college sex Big Deal. The OP's only 'mistake' as most of us see it, was not using a condom.
Do you read the forums here Pal? How many people these days are waiting a year or two between sexual relationships? No person should be made to feel ashamed of their natural human sex drive. It is puritanical to expect an adult to make excuses to their 'friends' for seeking pleasure from another adult. Grow up.

Holy crap , how old are you ? Typical response from a woman , you did nothing wrong its your BF's problem , go act like a whore it's not your problem.

And women wonder why Chivalry is dead , it's kinda hard having respect for someone who doesn't even respect herself.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 87
view profile
History
made a terrible mistake by f&&king these other guys ...
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:52:28 PM
Jesus, Cupid is Blind (how apt)....I would think as long as you've been a member here, that you would know better than to blindly post without reading prior posts on the thread or the OP's profile.....I quickly learned that after my first ignorant post. Good job sucking up, though.

!ds~
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:52:48 AM
Hmm, I think it's more the friends' responsibilities to not sleep with his ex-girlfriend. He shouldn't blame the girl, but his so called friends. If my friends hooked up with my ex after the breakup, and then cheated on him on top of that, they wouldn't be my friends anymore.
 SomethingManly
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 1:48:33 PM

Men dont deal with these things as easy as us women do.

You have to be kidding...lol.
 niksmama1124
Msg: 96
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:07:23 AM
i agree w/this post...tell ur current bf to get over it or move on! u were broken up at the time.
 SomethingManly
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:20:03 AM
Lol...i think i need a recap of the situation

What i recall is....she dumped him, then 10 months of her sleeping around with 3 different men (one of whom is both their acquaintance), then they get back together ans she keeps her "activities" secret (as well as the STD), then he finds all this out from someone else.

Is this accurate?

My first question is, did you ask him back or was it him who asked you?

Second question, why did you not tell him about you banging his buddy and the STD? I think people deserve to make decisions of the heart (and physical health) based on truth, not deception.

I don't know either of the two people involved here, but i'd never had gotten back with someone in this situation IF i knew the whole story before making my decision. But i don't think he had all this knowledge prior to.
 JeffC13
Msg: 103
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:51:21 PM
Yes because you'd be "mature and confident" if an ex of yours had slept with a friend or someone you knew. Sorry, but this below doesn't wash.

A mature, confident man would have no problem with what you did AFTER YOU HAD ENDED THE RELATIONSHIP. Obviously this guy is not.

Dump him and move on.

Sounds like the boyfriend should dump her.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 108
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 7/29/2008 5:55:32 PM
LaFets, Rebound stuff is wrong on so many levels. I think the only thing you might have to feel guilty of is if you weren't honest upfront and he had to find out from someone else and even then I am not so sure since you were split up (the std - yeah that is something you need to tell straight up).

I wouldn't take someone back after he broke up with me and slept around, but that's just me. Sounds like your guy loves you but needs alot of reassurance and stuff, and can't blame him for being embarrassed by the whole situation. It is a pretty huge blow to his pride. Regardless of who the jacka## was, would you have been upfront and honest with your bf about everything if the guy hadn't told everyone? I think maybe that might be an area that could bother your bf - did you only come clean because you were exposed or what? That is something I would be struggling with.

Don't beat yourself up over your mistakes, learn from them. And whether or not things work out, don't repeat them! Good luck.
 JWork25
Msg: 109
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 7/29/2008 6:00:37 PM
The original poster is slutty, IMO. I really hope he leaves you if he hasn't already.
 neondove
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:26:05 PM

If he can't let go of the past then you've got to let go of him.

It's not like you were together so he shouldn't feel bad...

and this is why relations between the genders is at a all time low...
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 114
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:37:23 AM
If you really, really want to hurt someone that you love, lie to them and let them find out later, about the other sex you had....

No kidding. I have been holding myself back for about an hour since I read allno’s post. Yikes. Someone should stamp a red flag onto her forehead for everyone to see.

Maybe she doesn’t know about pain caused by others.
Hi Translation!!!

Having had this done to me, I agree - I don't think someone would say this and mean it if they had it done to them personally.
 tony19601960
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:31:17 PM
It won't fix itself and it is time to move on but perhaps it's not because he's imature - it might be because while he was hurting his ex was off f**king ?
 STH III
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 5:15:15 PM
You knew he still cared for you and it was out of line sleeping with any of his friends, did you think about his feelings at all? He should move on.
 Vannili
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:25:08 AM
That is the reason we can not be equal with men, they can bang and bang and soon he was forgiven and his banging ways is forgotten when he change to a decent man.. But a woman who bangs any one it pleases her is down the gutter, even she change into a decent woman ,a succesful respected career woman that stigma of sl*t is in her until she die.. perhaps it has something to do with being a *wife *and a* mother*??
 tanfastyic
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 9:59:18 AM
You should have known better than to sleep with guys that both you and your bf knew. In other words "you blew it"! There is nothing that can be done now and your relationship with your bf is over. He can be the most mature,confident,forgiving person in the world, but he is not ever going to forget. He may forgive in time but the damage is too severe to get on with a healthy relationship.
There is one thing that can be done and that would be to move away from all your old friends and start out fresh in a place that neither of you know anybody. If you and he agrees it will show him that you care enough about him and are truly sorry to just pack up and move away with him.All things happen for a reason as they say and usually for the best. Maybe you both need to relocate.
Hope this helps.
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:46:55 PM
Sorry darlin but it sounds like it wont fix itself by the sound of your boyfriends personality
the way he should approach it is to say you had the chance to sample others and came back to him, he is the best! did he become celibent (spelling) while you were apart? If he didnt what right does he have to question you, in fact he has no right to question you anyway you were not cheating on him you were separated. To him I would say find some maturity and be happy your girl came back to you
 SomethingManly
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:45:20 AM
I'm just waiting to hear what her beau says next time she says "but he's just a friend"....lol.
 Snprvnm
Msg: 128
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:58:17 PM
who wants to Date a Slut??? Not ME!!!, My answer is NO.. find NEW FRIENDS
 Snprvnm
Msg: 131
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/20/2008 1:30:30 PM
FYI > Sleep around = Slut
 Snprvnm
Msg: 133
Will this fix itself?
Posted: 8/26/2008 10:34:04 PM
Did I say woman? Anybody who sleeps around can be considered a SLUT IMO

S ensitive

L oving

U ninhibited

T ramp

Gangster Kitten
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:38:40 PM

I don't think that's 100% true...
I think true love is the ability to love unconditionally....

In some cases, love triumphs over everything...

While i'm a young fool who's never been loved/loved(outside of family of course)...

I'd say that Love isn't 'unconditional love'. that only goes so far. Love doesn't triumph over everything. Love often times seems to beat you into defeat.
 Mr Magu3
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:47:45 PM
your boy friend should call for ,sloppy seconds,thirds fourths......what the heck.....
 briargate
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/14/2008 3:33:43 PM
Nice to hear, Lafets! Congrats on working things out. Keep it up.
 want to travel
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:40:07 AM
you where single,,,,,,......tell him to get over it
 Snprvnm
Msg: 150
Once a Slut, Always a Slut...
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:47:28 PM
He knew it when he got with you the first time.. he should accept it or move on.. So should you!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >