Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbee1970
Msg: 143
Horror movies, which are the best, ones from the 80's or modern ones?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The Shining, anything with zombies, Nightmare on Elm Street. I like the zombie ones. Those are scary.
 ilovese469
Msg: 145
Horror movies, which are the best, ones from the 80's or modern ones?
Posted: 6/22/2009 11:54:09 AM
some of the best movies are from the 80's including some of my favorites which are pet semetary,night of the creeps,killer klowns from outer space,the tv show tales from the crypt,the howling,halloween,poltergeist,and child's play.now some of the movies that they made in the 90's aren't all that bad by one of my favorites is the night flyer by the great stephen king.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:57:23 PM
Here is one movie to watch that no one has mentioned. It's called "The Other" not to be confused with "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. This movie is about twin brothers directed by Robert Mulligan and released in 1972. Disturbing but well made, it's a must see if you want to be disturbed, permanently.
 torgo70
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 12:20:21 PM
HeyJenny,

The Other freaked me out when I was a kid. If you haven't yet you should read the book it's based on The Other by Tom Tryon(who also wrote the screenplay)

Tom Tryon also wrote another disturbing book about children in the 1930's- Night of the Moonbow, about a really bad summer at a Bible camp.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/18/2009 2:53:01 PM
Hi torgo70,

I'm glad there is at least one other person who can relate to that movie.
Not long after I saw it my parents dragged me to this rural farmhouse with a red barn just like in the movie it had a loft and the kids were jumping off into the hay below. There was no jumping off the loft for me that day

I think I'll pass on the book thank-you. I have enough nightmares already :)
 Blondetini
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:07:15 PM
i liked freddy cruger. now i like saw, priest.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:51:33 PM
Horrifying as a kid was Night Of The Hunter and The Birds.
Now ..I enjoy them

I can't watch Salems Lot or The Exorcist EVER again...........to much satanic or blood crap makes me have heart palpitations.

Books are the worst.I don't bother any more.My imagination is worse than any directors.

Later

I did enjoy House On Haunted Hill, The Grudge, The Ring, Predator, Alien..many times.
I think there was one a while back called Silent Hill.

JAWS!!! Classic 4rth of July movie..Maybe not "Horror" but that head coming up at the drive in made us all scream because the guys screamed

Every year..have to watch that one.
 viper1j
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/13/2011 12:50:59 AM
I just went through seven pages, and NOBODY mention Phantasm. I'm telling the Tall Man on all of you! Don Coscarelli is Stephen King on LSD.

Silent Hill. wasn't too bad for a video game conversion, but then I'll watch almost anything with Radha Mitchell in it.

If you want good horror, don't look for titles, look at the directors.

After Sir Alfred, there's John Carpenter (Halloween, The Fog , The Thing, Christine, Village of the Damned, Vampires.) William Friedkin, (The Exorcist, The Guardian, (The nude scene with Jenny Seagrove is worth the price of admission.) ) Rob Zombie ( Brainscan, House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects etc.. )

Have fun!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/13/2011 5:10:41 AM
OMG!!^^^^^^^^^
The original Village Of The Dammed was fantastic!!
Tick toc tick toc..brick wall.

Ron Zombie had a good one where a girl was kidnapped and he was some crazy guy with gals in cages.

Odd horror/comedies are great.
The Bad Seed......child sociopath murderer
Freeway...You will die laughing at this serial killer verses little "trailer trash" girl.
Bubba Ho Tep....Setting a nursing home.

Thrillers , edge of the seat ones are my fav and Alfred Hitchcock.

Slashers not so much.
 Casper66
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2011 10:31:38 PM
There are 2 movies I watch almost every year, Night of the Living Dead black and white edition at Halloween and Black Christmas at Christmas time. Anything with Vincent Price in it, loved his movies(House of wax and House on haunted hill). Hunger, High tension and Fido are good too.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >