Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 34
Def LeppardPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Good times, Def Lepard, I really liked the songs Photograph, Stand Up ( Kick Love Into Motion ), and Paper Sun.
 LucidTheory
Msg: 35
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/20/2013 5:16:21 AM
I like them. Not sure what my favorite song is but I like Hysteria and Rock of Ages. You can catch them at the end of the movie 'Rock of Ages' that stars Tom Cruise.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 36
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/20/2013 2:23:07 PM
I loved them up until Hysteria. Hysteria is the most over produced pile of sugared up, chick-crap that the rock world has ever unleashed upon unsuspecting ears. Thank for that Mutt. Mutt deserves to be fed to the wolves like another another horrible producer named Bob Rock who knows how to emasculate a band for the sake of commercial success. There was much better music from so many bands at the time. Well marketed is all I can say. The length of time between Pyromania and this album was really the vehicle for the excess of hype surrounding this album. It got a lot of votes from the sympathy crowd too for the drummer having one arm. The album has one great song on it - Gods of War, which not surprisingly is the one song nobody talks about because it wasnt about love or some other sappy high school chick shit.

Fvck this album. But god bless Def Leppard for never leaving a brother behind because of an accident!!
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 37
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/20/2013 6:49:53 PM

I loved them up until Hysteria. Hysteria is the most over produced pile of sugared up, chick-crap that the rock world has ever unleashed upon unsuspecting ears.

i agree with that but not with the rest. mutt lang was also the guy that did pyromania. he co wrote every song. the thing missing from hysteria was pete willis. very under rated as a guitarist and as a contributor to def leppard's early success.
lang made them superstars with hysteria. i always though women was a great tune.

bob rock is another animal. he brought out the best in the bands he worked with. made huge sounding albums with dr feelgood and the black album. i've never thought of sad but true being "emasculating". lol. it wasn't rock's idea for metallica to cut their hair and wear guyliner.

k.w.
fight fire with fire
 LucidTheory
Msg: 38
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/22/2013 1:19:02 PM
Hysteria produced 'Love Bites' and that was on hit. 'Pour some sugar on me' was pretty good, I like the tempo and beat even if I didn't understand why anyone would want sugar on them.
 his.hero.is.gone
Msg: 39
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:40:10 AM
What has 9 arms and sucks?
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 40
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:54:48 PM

your mom?

k.w.
over 100 million units sold worldwide

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 his.hero.is.gone
Msg: 41
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:07:21 PM

your mom?

Yes! Acceptable answers also include YOUR mom and Def Leopard.
 GingersnapWA2
Msg: 42
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:48:53 PM
Okay, I am hollering loud. Saw DL in concert back in 1988. My favorite song is "Tonight" - not telling why...heehee
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:59:58 AM
"Pour Some Sugar on Me"...great stripper song!
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 44
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/13/2013 4:52:33 PM
What happened to Def Leppard? The last I heard of them, the drummer got in an accident and lost an arm an that was many years ago. I hope those guys are still rockin' and touring.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 45
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:23:40 PM

What happened to Def Leppard? The last I heard of them, the drummer got in an accident and lost an arm an that was many years ago. I hope those guys are still rockin' and touring.

do you live under a rock? he lost his arm in 1984. they released hysteria 3 years later and it sold over 20 worldwide.

so, yeah......they did ok after the accident.

k.w.
i hope that's a rib
 Rheostatic
Msg: 46
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/17/2013 11:41:28 AM

I can't believe I a) have never heard that joke before, and b) didn't think it up myself.
 shine1274
Msg: 47
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:32:15 PM
I like "On Through the Night" and "High and Dry". They were NWOBHM at that stage. Then they became a pop band. Pyromania and Hysteria were essentially Mutt Lange albums. He wrote and performed all over both (especially Hysteria where his voice is on there as much as Elliott's). Check out some of his 80's personal demos to see just how much.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 48
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 7:49:44 PM

I like "On Through the Night" and "High and Dry". They were NWOBHM at that stage. Then they became a pop band. Pyromania and Hysteria were essentially Mutt Lange albums. He wrote and performed all over both (especially Hysteria where his voice is on there as much as Elliott's). Check out some of his 80's personal demos to see just how much.

and where might one find these demos?
 shine1274
Msg: 49
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:25:02 PM
They used to float around on the file sharing programs a decade ago. Here is one I found on youtube. There are maybe 6 more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mAqsjAxoE
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 50
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 11:06:24 PM

They used to float around on the file sharing programs a decade ago. Here is one I found on youtube. There are maybe 6 more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mAqsjAxoE

i've heard this. that's joe singing. everything that says def leppard demo has joe singing. where did you hear mutt was singing? i've heard he sings back up on some of the albums he produces but you'd have to have one hell of an ear to pick his voice out.

k.w.
photograph
 shine1274
Msg: 51
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 11:16:26 PM
No, that is Mutt singing. That is also Mutt doing all the background vocals on "Love Bites". Here is Mutt singing the Pour Some Sugar on Me demo. Even on the classic albums DVD they point out these voices are him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-OHmo_Av-4
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 52
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/20/2013 1:35:44 AM
wow. i've never heard that one before. i guess you're right. those are recognizable vocals but not joe's.
parts do sound like joe which makes be believe it's because of what i'm used to hearing. mutt's vocals are pretty upfront.

k.w.
color me impressed
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >