Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Quazi 100
Msg: 149
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSINGPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Ok we should close down all chemical companies and including the drug producers companies. That is bad how the Canadian Pharmacies will be able to get medicine supplies to sell to us, Americans cheap. Here it goes my Xmas money.

This phenomena doesn't really have anything to do with "chemical companies" or "drug companies".

What it's saying is that some of the "ingredients" in everyday household items, are causing boy children to have higher levels of estrogen in their bodies. This is leading to more feminine behaviour....like boy children playing with dolls.

This is a hormonal imbalance, and has nothing to do with the child's "choices".....
 Quazi 100
Msg: 152
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:15:32 PM
I don't know if these things were around in Leonardo's day, but I know that what they used for pigment in paint back then was probably enough to change some chemical balances in the brain....

Some people think of crossdressing as a form of mental illness. Have all mentally ill people become that way by "personal preference"....I don't think so.

Denmark has unveiled official research showing that two-year-old children are at risk from a bewildering array of gender-bending chemicals in such everyday items as waterproof clothes, rubber boots, bed linen, food, sunscreen lotion, and moisturizing cream. A picture is emerging of ubiquitous chemical contamination driving down sperm counts and feminizing male children all over the developed world. Research at Rotterdam's Erasmus University found that boys whose mothers were exposed to PCBs and dioxins were more likely to play with dolls and tea sets and dress up in female clothes. 'The amounts that two-year-olds absorb from the [preservatives] parabens propylparaben and butylparaben can constitute a risk for oestrogen-like disruptions of the endocrine system,' says the report.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 157
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:18:48 PM
Being a transvestite is not a mental illness, if you are going to claim that some people say this, going to need to see some factual data.

Everything in medicine is subject to exceptions....I was drawing a parallel to "everyday use products" changing the chemical structure of the brain of a small child, to mentally ill individuals having altered chemical structure of the brain.

And...for the most part, there is a difference between cross dressers and transvestites.

Well, since transvestites are not mentally ill I think this is a bit moot, but here:

You know that transvestites are not mentally ill? Have you met all of them? My point is that you are making generalizations.
You state that Michelangelo wore women's clothing....how do you know? Were you there?

The study that I posted may or may not be accurate. I believe it was a research study, not a scientific study. Even scientific studies can be tampered with......I posted it as a matter of interest, not gospel truth.

What about "Borderline Personality Disorder"? That is classified loosely as a 'mental illness', and data seems to show that is a "personal preference". So there are 'some' mentally ill folks that do choose it as a lifestyle.

As for BPD, I assume that you have read elsewhere that I have this disorder. The DSM-IV classifies BPD as an Axis II personality disorder. That isn't considered "classified loosely" as a mental illness...trust me. It's definitely a mental illness. During my travels as a mentally ill person, I have learned much about diversity, and have been in elevators full of crossdressers/and or transvestites...they were people getting on with their day, as was I...that's all. I will forgo any rebuttal about your character.

The article originated on Slashdot.com. If you want more information than I posted here, you will have to join the site.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 161
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:43:55 AM
What plumbcrazy said..
 want to travel
Msg: 162
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/15/2010 8:09:36 AM
when i was young, my best frien moved back to italy, he sent a birthday present, they where silk panties, i was confused, and my mom explained that that was normal in europe
i am not a into crossdressing, but, what does not have a negative impact on me personally , really has nothing to do with me
if its for you ,more power too you!
after all, if you think about it, if someone where to be brought threw time, even just a few decades, they would find that the vast majority of women, are cross dressers
 MsMicki
Msg: 166
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 12/21/2010 12:37:51 PM
Good Lord.......you ^^ have revived 7 threads on panties and cross dressing.....
I think we all got your point!!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 175
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 1/14/2011 11:19:43 AM
Good point..

Womens panties would not cover a mans package very well..and would be very uncomfortable.
And nothing wrong with wearing boxers..even as a woman. Just as long as we don't fight over what pattern is whose...LOL
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 185
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/30/2011 2:46:14 AM
my post will be short and to the point.unlike most of the posts on this topic.which are a complete text of a college course or out of a mental health book.

if someone enjoys crossdressing then let them be.so many people are really uptight about this topic(those who are the most uptight seem to know the least about the subject).

after reading several forums about this topic it appears that women are far more uptight about this subject then men are.why i don't know but i'll almost bet there is a silly reason or reasons why many women are so againest it.

what is so bad about men who crossdress?

if you really think about it there are a thousand other things that someone could do that are far more harmful than crossdressing.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 188
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/30/2011 12:08:39 PM
gardenias 2

Have you ever heard about a man, whose Mother wanted him to be a girl, so at certain times during his childhood, she dressed him as a girl?

I have.

The man is very straight....

But because his Mother so badly wanted him to be a girl, he remembers the times she dressed him up fondly.

If he wants to get that feeling of acceptance that he got when his Mother dressed him up as a girl, he crossdresses.

Nothing freaky, or dirty, or gay about it....it was how he was brought up.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 189
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/30/2011 12:56:43 PM
this has probally been brought up already in other posts or forums.

there are so many different reasons as to why men crossdress.i'm not a person who likes to label others or place people into groups who are different.

its hard to do this with crossdressers because some like to dress because they have a sexual fetish.some like to dress and been seen by others in public.still others have a gender disorder,etc.
 platypus_man
Msg: 190
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/31/2011 12:48:13 AM

Have you ever heard about a man, whose Mother wanted him to be a girl, so at certain times during his childhood, she dressed him as a girl? I have. The man is very straight....But because his Mother so badly wanted him to be a girl, he remembers the times she dressed him up fondly. If he wants to get that feeling of acceptance that he got when his Mother dressed him up as a girl, he crossdresses. Nothing freaky, or dirty, or gay about it....it was how he was brought up.

Interesting concept. My mom dressed me in my sister's clothes until I was about 4 (until my dad found out and told her to stop), supposedly so I wouldn't ruin my 'good boy' clothes, she also let my hair grow longer with the excuse that it cost too much to go to the barber. Decades later, when I revealed that I was a crossdresser, she was horrified at the time, and if I ever brought it up, she would say with disgust, 'are you still doing that?' Not to mention, she's pretty much shut off most contact with me since then, usually takes me several times to get her to answer my calls, and more than once wouldn't even answer the phone or door even when I was right there at the house, and when I used my key, she said she didn't hear the phone or doorbell even though I could clearly hear them from outside the front door (and she doesn't have a hearing problem, that I'm sure of).
 Quazi 100
Msg: 191
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/31/2011 9:26:02 PM

Interesting concept. My mom dressed me in my sister's clothes until I was about 4 (until my dad found out and told her to stop), supposedly so I wouldn't ruin my 'good boy' clothes, she also let my hair grow longer with the excuse that it cost too much to go to the barber. Decades later, when I revealed that I was a crossdresser, she was horrified at the time, and if I ever brought it up, she would say with disgust, 'are you still doing that?'

Studies show, that our "core" personality is developed by about age 7. That means, that by about age 7, what we have been "taught" is "normal" and "acceptable", is in fact what we believe is "normal" and "acceptable".

Obviously, your Mom isn't connecting the dots as far as her being the one that "taught" you that dressing like a girl is okay...
 Mysterio2001
Msg: 194
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/13/2011 6:29:26 AM
So if a woman wears mens boxer shorts, is she crossdressing?

If she wears mens jeans, is she crossdressing?
 platypus_man
Msg: 196
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/19/2011 8:35:30 AM

Studies show, that our "core" personality is developed by about age 7. That means, that by about age 7, what we have been "taught" is "normal" and "acceptable", is in fact what we believe is "normal" and "acceptable".

Don't know about that; never read that in any of the psych books. But I do know our brains and personalities continue to develop well into adulthood. The most obvious changes occur during puberty, but there's a lot more going on than just physical sexual maturity occurring during those years.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 197
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/22/2011 8:13:22 PM
This site describes very well how children acquire 'mistaken' cognitions, and core beliefs can become skewed. They are very adept at accepting 'blame' for things that have absolutely nothing to do with them.
Neglect is included under this heading.....non-attention can be as damaging as bad attention.

http://www.core-healing-center.com/corebeliefs.html
 northwoods57
Msg: 198
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/27/2011 5:01:55 PM
to each his own. some men good better than women, when they dress. Look at the transexuals. They put some women to shame.
me? cant stand nylons, or panties. Rides up me butt.
Have fun!
 woodsaw
Msg: 210
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:13:18 PM
hum well sounds instering hum
 john696969
Msg: 212
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:06:17 PM
looking for someone to do it with
 john696969
Msg: 213
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:06:49 PM
looking for someone to do it with
 cottagerake
Msg: 224
view profile
History
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:56:56 PM
hi im kris like to cd
 69wanaplay
Msg: 225
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/28/2013 1:31:00 PM
I enjoy crossdressing, wish there were more on this site to become friends with. All in friendship, fun and enjoyment
 jamie_lee_1963
Msg: 226
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:14:59 AM
There are many who crossdress.

As anyone who 'dresses' knows, it just isn't something that we share with people because of the social stigma that people have toward it.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 227
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/1/2013 4:10:40 AM
i'm a straight guy who is a fetish crossdresser and i keep it somewhat private.certain people in my life don't need to know this about me.(family,friends,co-workers and customers who hire my services (window cleaning).

i wish i could be 100% honest 100% of the time but that is not possible at this time.
 metallica1976
Msg: 228
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/10/2013 2:54:59 PM
hello there how are you im rod hope we can chat become friends mrs racygirl
 metallica1976
Msg: 229
CROSSDRESSING
Posted: 4/10/2013 2:55:59 PM
hi there passion hope we can chat be friends
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >