Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yna6
Msg: 26
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
It doesn't matter what they believe in, as long as it isn't shoved down your throat. They got religion? Fine...hope they enjoy it. They beieve in aliens? Great....I don't necessarily want to re-read Project Blue Book or any other "proofs". I'll watch "alien autopsy" that she taped, just for the laughs.
I'll even discuss it a bit...as long as it doesn't become "the" topic in every conversation or outing.
 CeU2
Msg: 27
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:03:22 PM
I really think a person who says this either has nothing seriously on their minds or would do this to "impress or maybe even make wary" the person in question. I'd be careful for some more fibs on their way to evoke sympathy, like it was so traumatic I can't work and the experience made me mentally and physically ill. Agrophobia! I'd ask them to prove it. You can usually tell if their pulling your leg for their own self interest, which might include anything in a beginnning relationship.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:45:06 PM
I never date anyone crazier than myself.
I don't believe "Men in Black" was a documentary.
I don't accept that UFOs are extraterrestrial vehicles, until I see the wreckage and/or bodies myself.
I believe most "abductions" are manifestations of hysteria.
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:40:15 PM
Are there abductions going on?

When I'm up really late, I listen to that show on AM radio where they talk about the supernatural and other crazy phenomenon. It's fun to entertain the ideas of life in outerspace, Bigfoot, and ghost visits. I think I would give a person with a UFO sighting the benefit of the doubt. I know psychology so I hope I could decipher between the delusional and sane having an unexplainable experience.
 edmonfella
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:53:44 PM
No, I would not.. they are insane.
 Jiperly
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/17/2008 4:42:41 AM
It really depends how much they allow this belief to run their life.

If they believed one time they saw a UFO, and wouldn't listen to reason, I guess we'd have to agree to disagree and move on with life- I don't hold the delusion that everyone has to share my beliefs, merely the hope that not everyone is delusional

Now, if they're the kind who goes around ranting about it like they're somehow special, going to UFO sighting events and support groups and the like, then there is just no way I'd be able to respect them.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 8:42:59 AM
Sure,

As long as he allows me to continue my scientific experiments with rubber chickens.

keyman11
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 12:51:29 PM
it depends...is the person in question good looking?
 Jiperly
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/24/2008 7:38:53 PM
>>>I participate in SETI@home project...

Searching for alien life in the universe and searching for alien life in your backyard are two entirely different things.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/25/2008 8:04:54 AM
You Eff Oh?
 jed456
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:54:28 PM
No I wouldn't have a problem with it I find the subjecting interesting myself.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/26/2008 6:32:18 PM

No, I would not.. they are insane.

Do you believe in god? Then YOU must be insane.
 VVendy
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/30/2008 8:13:04 PM
I do not think I would date a person who is a UFO hunter or believed he was visited by the gray men. Unless he was reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaly cute
 TheHumanist
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/31/2008 6:37:35 PM
Why not? Far more reasonable to "believe" we've been visited than to believe that something that created billions of galaxies would love the smell of sacrificed goat meat or even care what materials you can or cannot wear together or what you eat :D
 TheHumanist
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/31/2008 6:40:19 PM
I notice alot of people would say they'd date an alien. I wouldn't for ethical purposes. Can't have my Earth germs destroy their immune systems :D Humans have killed other Earth humans with Earth based diseases, if you think Natives had a tough time with European diseases imagine an ET not even from the same planet adapting to us? Plus dating an ET would be bestiality (unless the ET was also human, still would be weak against Earth germs).
 VVendy
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:56:53 PM
I am a sci fi nut so if I came upon a little grey man I would think aw you are a cute little guy and ask it "Are you Thor?". The wide world around is full of stuff and I say can't we just enjoy the stars? I like thinking of ways we could live in space and build ports on the moon and mars. God never said we were the only place life would be found He says that this Earth is ours to fill not that we would have to stay here or others could not visit.

I would not date a person who believed in ufo's to the point of hunting them out because it does no good. No matter how the crop circle got there what ever happened is over. No matter what the light was it is gone. No fear if you were tagged you did not find the "How to Serve Man" cook book on board. So why go on about it?
 Kat0219
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2008 9:36:38 PM
Let's not forget what UFO stands for "Unidentified". There are thing out there like animals, etc. that no one has seen before because of cross breeding or because you couldn't get to their habitat before or whatever.

They eventually give it a name.

And from what I heard from someone who watches the news all the time...they found water on mars. Meaning there was life at some point.

You may find more people believing now
 texasbaby
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:17:49 AM
Of course I would,, I grew up 92 miles from Roswell!

tb
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:44:06 AM
I swear I've dated women who must have been from outer space.

I can just imagine the first encounter with an alien from a planet 37 light years from here:

me: "Hi, welcome to Earth."

alien (2 heads, 6 eyes, 4 legs, green and smells very strongly like jasmine incense): "Hi, we just had to come by and ask- Why did they cancel the original Star Trek after the third season? It was just getting good. And what's with this bald guy, Picard? He never scores with the chicks and hardly ever uses a phaser."
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:12:22 PM
Original Question: Would you date someone if they saw something in the sky they couldn't explain, but insisted it was an alien spacecraft?

billinme's answer: Okay, not be be a jerk, but TECHNICALLY if it WAS a spaceship, it was NOT a UFO. A UFO is LITERALLY an Unidentified Flying Object. Your date said he/she saw a flying saucer. Not a UFO, he identified it.

That being said, there is a HUGE difference between stating as fact and DENYING as FACT.

Props to you for reading the question, billinme.

It's one thing to think that there MIGHT be something out there, it's another thing to feel that you specifically know the history of other planets left here by visitors, their cultural customs, appearance, tragic wars, all because someone in Switzerland saw something in the sky and photographed it.

So, would you date someone who had SPECIFIC knowledge of aliens based on seeing something in the sky?

What about if a person you were dating claims to have been abducted, taken aboard a craft and "proves" it by showing you a red rash on their hand, or explains they experienced a period of memory loss and then finally remembered all these events on an alien space-ship or planet?
 VVendy
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:27:16 PM
Here in Denver we may have on the ballet next May a task force dedicated to space aliens. If the guy was one of the 7 selected I would I am sure he would never bor
 Looking For......
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:30:05 PM
sure why not. we all have to believe in something right?
 spring light
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/5/2008 7:48:04 PM
Gawd we are such an unconscious mob still . I find people who insist there is nothing but us humans as the highest life form so entirely irritating.

In my opinion some animals are more conscious than the people walking around calling themselves human beings.
 Anna.Molly
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/5/2008 10:19:32 PM
Haha not at all!

Whats to say it wasn't infact a UFO?
 serenity60
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:55:09 PM
I would date someone who beleives in UFOs. He just wouldn't be able to sit on the roof of my house in his aluminum foil cone hat and suit screaming........"Here I am...Here I am."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?