Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheReason_
Msg: 82
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?Page 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Sure, there's more evidence for the existence of UFO's than the existence of God, and plenty of people believe in God. At least there are pictures of suspected UFO's

James_in_SD
Msg: 83
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 8/5/2008 1:15:25 AM

Of those who believe there are other persons in the universe, what do you think they look like?

Like us. Only different.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:44:06 AM
I swear I've dated women who must have been from outer space.

I can just imagine the first encounter with an alien from a planet 37 light years from here:

me: "Hi, welcome to Earth."

alien (2 heads, 6 eyes, 4 legs, green and smells very strongly like jasmine incense): "Hi, we just had to come by and ask- Why did they cancel the original Star Trek after the third season? It was just getting good. And what's with this bald guy, Picard? He never scores with the chicks and hardly ever uses a phaser."
 nacht-lord
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/5/2008 8:41:32 AM
if someone believes in UFOs that just means they are open minded and i see nothing wrong with that a opened mind is a very useful thing even mroe so now a days
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:12:22 PM
Original Question: Would you date someone if they saw something in the sky they couldn't explain, but insisted it was an alien spacecraft?

billinme's answer: Okay, not be be a jerk, but TECHNICALLY if it WAS a spaceship, it was NOT a UFO. A UFO is LITERALLY an Unidentified Flying Object. Your date said he/she saw a flying saucer. Not a UFO, he identified it.

That being said, there is a HUGE difference between stating as fact and DENYING as FACT.

Props to you for reading the question, billinme.

It's one thing to think that there MIGHT be something out there, it's another thing to feel that you specifically know the history of other planets left here by visitors, their cultural customs, appearance, tragic wars, all because someone in Switzerland saw something in the sky and photographed it.

So, would you date someone who had SPECIFIC knowledge of aliens based on seeing something in the sky?

What about if a person you were dating claims to have been abducted, taken aboard a craft and "proves" it by showing you a red rash on their hand, or explains they experienced a period of memory loss and then finally remembered all these events on an alien space-ship or planet?
 VVendy
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:27:16 PM
Here in Denver we may have on the ballet next May a task force dedicated to space aliens. If the guy was one of the 7 selected I would I am sure he would never bor
 cdn*guy
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:07:38 AM
Probably not ... but I think it'd be more a case of them not wanting to date me, as I'd never be able to keep a straight face while they talked about their 'experience'.

cdn guy
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:14:35 PM
i would date someone who believed in UFO's. after all i believe in magic....the magic of love!!
 TakeMeTheWayIAm
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/7/2008 11:08:32 AM
This is hilarious.

* you think the person who sees an actual object seen in sky and concludes it's a flying saucer is crazy
* you likely think the person who has never seen a god in the sky and still concludes that he's real is sane

I'd much rather date someone who believes in flying saucers than someone who believes in a god who created the universe in his spare time. It's about a million times more rational, in my humble opinion.

And btw, I worked in the Pentagon and I can tell you without a doubt that there are flying saucers.
 cdn*guy
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:44:27 PM

And btw, I worked in the Pentagon and I can tell you without a doubt that there are flying saucers.

[laffin] ... I hear ya. My 'ex' used to throw dishes at me, too.

cdn guy
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:20:42 PM
I don't believe in UFOs from other planets - I believe that we might have some of our own

I would date someone who believes - I don't see why it would matter

Looking For......
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:30:05 PM
sure why not. we all have to believe in something right?
 Sweetbabeblues
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:36:12 PM
Take me to your leader.......
(As long as he is tall, dark and handsome that is...lol)

But staying on topic, ya I would. I have had some things happen in life I can't explain, so who am I to judge them?
 cmdrfunk
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2008 1:16:26 PM
You are assuming that women rationally choose who they date. They cannot choose who they are attracted to or who they are not.
 spring light
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/5/2008 7:48:04 PM
Gawd we are such an unconscious mob still . I find people who insist there is nothing but us humans as the highest life form so entirely irritating.

In my opinion some animals are more conscious than the people walking around calling themselves human beings.
 Snapington
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/5/2008 8:12:22 PM
NO! no nuts please. and for the love of pete get the UFOs off the history channel and all this ghosts and monsters and gods. Get real. All I can say is "Salem witch trials".
 Anna.Molly
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/5/2008 10:19:32 PM
Haha not at all!

Whats to say it wasn't infact a UFO?
 serenity60
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:55:09 PM
I would date someone who beleives in UFOs. He just wouldn't be able to sit on the roof of my house in his aluminum foil cone hat and suit screaming........"Here I am...Here I am."
 SirMyztiq
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:14:04 PM
Jeez, so you have never dated ANYBODY huh?

I don't really care what the person's believes are. Their believes are their convictions. As long as they aren't entirely crazy over it. Either way, if you think about it, not dating anybody that believes in a certain thing in itself is a form of believe!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:17:29 AM
As long as her UFO "Connections" don't denounce or cast Doubt on the "Great Viscottoo God" of my telepathic Friends from the Cygnus-T71, Delta Moon Quadrant 9 ... I really don't foresee any Problems ...
 Clandestiny
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:06:08 PM
I don't think I'd date someone who DIDN'T believe in UFO's!

lol
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:46:26 PM
only if we had "chemistry"!
 springazure44
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:15:36 PM
Anybody who believes HUMANS are the ONLY intelligent species in this entire universe is too arrogant for my likings.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:17:58 PM

Anybody who believes HUMANS are the ONLY intelligent species in this entire universe is too arrogant for my likings.

I think you are being way to generous in calling humans intelligent...
 Oh-Zone
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/15/2008 11:36:42 AM
I would not date anyone who insisted that we are alone in the Universe.
Exactly what do you folks think is wrong with believing that UFOs may ge alien craft?
Seems likely that you have a very small knowledge base.

Actually I would like to date an extraterrestrial. That would have to be the most interesting date ever.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?