Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 101
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Sure...why not?
I have dated women that believe a married virgin had her deity's child....so why would UFOs be a stretch?
 marshmalla
Msg: 102
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 2/11/2010 7:00:10 PM
sure would.........there are things out there that are beyond scientific explanation
 rev1will
Msg: 103
Posted: 2/12/2010 12:52:46 PM
it think they around us all the time.. the aleins walk among us..belive me you could be dateing a alein and never know.. utill you wake up under a bright light and wake with little greay aleins stiking you with stuff....alein don't mess around.. were are cattle to them something they got eat..and some time not
 PrettyInPink2882
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/4/2010 1:52:46 PM
I beleive in them. I have been on dates with people that seen one. Yes i would go out with them. I think there is way too millions billions of stats and planets for us to be the only ones....come we are not that special...soon they will tell public they found life in the universe....but i already know there is ...it's been like that for hundreds of thousands of years.
 Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:26:22 PM
First you need to define your terms. If someone sees a object in the sky they cannot identify then they have indeed seen a UFO. UFO's of course do exist. They are any object you cannot ID, an Unidentified Flying Object.

If I and a date see a UFO and I comment on it and she denies it existed well I'd have an issue with her.

That said, as others have said many times the UFO's are things other then ships from oher worlds with little green men inside. The NSA, area 51 Etc have technology that is 30 to 40 years ahead of what the private sector sees. So you really never know if what you are seeing is from this world or not.

As for Humans coming from mars that is probably not the whole story. Humans do not have a missing link to connect them to other humanoid creatures in pre history, the likes of Cavemen I cannot even spell. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that mankind was genetically engineered by an Alien race using their DNA and an earth creature as a base model. So the theory goes we were created to be a slave for their mining operations Etc.
Don't laugh the original but incomplete story of creation was told in ancient Sumarian texts that only a handful of people in the world can read. The Same story is related in Genisis in the bible only the context is changed from that of alien origin to that of a spirit god.

When reading genisis where the fallen angels came down and took a fancy to earth women and had sex with them, ask yourself what is more plausable a spirit with no form mating with humans or an Alien who has a physical form and could actually do the deed?
Everyone knows spirits cannot take physical form unless they are first born into the physical existance. So for me it's easy. Man was created and Alliens certainly do exist. Their Blood line is still within human DNA.

If you want to know more see www.truthism.com

He may not have it 100% right but it's a good over view. Look up some of the topics associated with the site on your tube. You will see scientists confirming much of what the web sites say.

Mike
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:03:09 PM

I could date someone who believes in UFOs

Oh cool I won't cancel my subscription to UFOs and the Trailer park queens of New Orleans..Kidding..

I am sure there are many creatures we are not aware of.

As long as they are not into astrology or numerology I am OK..aaaaand
Aren't sitting on the roof waiting to be beamed up..Jim Beamed up esp.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:25:18 AM
I have to say that an awful lot of great people have had one or more sightings that they could not explain, and are open to the possibility but not the PROBABILITY or PLAUSIBILITY of alien craft, I'd be OK with them, I'd have to be, because that's the camp I park my tent in, but if they were to steadfastly report that it could be nothing else and they made no research whatsoever into what it actually was and were going on about cover ups, I'd have to steer clear of them.

I see a LOT of weird things where I live, and work, especially at night, and when you come to know exactly what normal military stuff looks like at night in the sky and something else zooms in and does weird stuff, you gotta wonder, but you don't ask, because the situation is that it still could be military stuff and it ain't none of your bizness.

Besides, when it comes to aliens, to quote the old man in Pickles today "Sorry, the only things I have to bring to this discussion are ignorance and apathy."
 big pacific
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:56:37 AM
For me there is a different level of devotion to the ufo people.

Believe they could exist and that life off earth is a possibility or likely? Sure.

Believe they were abducted by a grey? No thanks..
 jed456
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:21:48 PM
I prefer people who have open minds about strange subjects.

While it fine to have an open mind.If someone told me they were inhabited by a being with super powers and came from another solar system.I would seriously suggest a good psychiatrist.

At the very least I would ask for proof.But hey to each there own.
 jed456
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:27:57 AM
^^^I agree with what your saying.I like to think I'm open minded I would date some lady who had an interest in the subject.But if there going to tell me there's a reptile army coming to invade the earth, I'm outta there!
 hyoid
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:07:23 AM

there's no evidence to support the fact that they don't exist

evidence of non-existence???
 batdann
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/12/2010 4:46:48 PM
everthing else is up to par thinking that we are alone in the infinite universe is not up too par
 NowSucksLess
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:23:12 PM
Pfftt....I've dated MUCH crazier.
 rev1will
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/29/2010 6:00:36 PM
I am a belive of something is out their and aleins have been here. I belive is some kinda of cover up on ufo.. I belive in the truth about ufo. Dew to I belive in UFo and aleins most women go the other way.. I don;'t know why,, I am smart in some werid ways.. MY life sucks dew I belive in ufos.. nothing ever gets better
 Rythmn
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 9:13:29 PM
only if he were an alien. okay, seriously? it would depend upon the rest of him. one of my best friends is a republican. i'm a flaming liberal. some of my friends have religious beliefs that i find rather "odd". but, so be it, if they practice what they preach. now, if he were a total flake, then no. but if all else met my practical considerations and he was not too ocd, about it, well then.....is he a good dancer? can he move well? is he a good person? any brains in that head of his? those things are more important, assuming he has some degree of being grounded and doesn't fly away on the next available space ship. see, there's a cutie. a little green man.
 PregnantLady
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/30/2010 8:28:03 AM
I wouldn't because I'd think they were nuts...just my opinion
 NowSucksLess
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/30/2010 9:29:55 AM

Damn straight I would. She's more likely to believe that 9 inches is what I tell her it is.

Or...

No, dear, that anal probe while you were sleeping...aliens.
 Artistic_Bloke
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/4/2010 3:54:30 AM
Most of the people who had seen a "object" of various description's, whether it be at a close distance, or at long distance (in eye view) and depending on the time allowed to view the craft, at least about 3/4's of those who had experianced a sighting will try and research more on the matter trying to find an answer as to why it happened.

There are thousands of books etc out there on various sightings through out this world, yes there is some great reading in most of them, but in a way, your answer is not there, and where is the answer ??, where is it you ask, the answer may not come in our life time, or your childrens life time as to why they are visiting us and what seems to be choice pickings by the "Aliens" to appear before you, but one day it will happen to where our relations in the future will witness the first greeting between the Alien Nations and us, the Human race.

Yes i have seen, researched many good books on the matter, and watched every doco as well, but i am still non the wiser as to why i was visited and selected to bare witness to their craft of different shapes or to why i had missing time after a close encounter, but i still take a close interest in the Phenomena and always will till i die without knowing WHY!!
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/5/2010 1:10:39 AM
For some, it'd be no different to believing in God.
 arwen52
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 7:47:06 AM
Richard Feynman, the Nobel prize winning physicist, put it succinctly:

"I had a conversation about flying saucers some years ago with laymen. You see, because I'm scientific they think I know all about flying saucers!

So, I said, I don't think there are flying saucers.

My antagonist said. Is it impossible that there are flying saucers?! Can you prove that it's impossible?

I said, No, I can't prove it's impossible. It's just very unlikely.

That they say, is very unscientific. If you can't prove it impossible, then how can you say it's unlikely?

But, that's the way it is, scientifically. It is scientific only to say what's more likely or less likely, and not to be proving all the time what's possible or impossible.

To define what I mean, I finally said to him. Listen. I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the result of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence rather than the unknown rational efforts of extraterrestrial intelligence."
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 5:00:34 PM
It's not so much what unusual stuff you believe in that matters, so much as what you DO about it all. Someone who is sold on Extra Terrestrials stopping by on a regular basis can be fine, as long as they don't insist on steering our lives in a corkscrew because of it. Same thing applies to anything that's not directly part of the relationship, whether it's religion, or even silly stuff. I've run into people who got divorced because one or the other couldn't deal with the spouse's devotion to their favorite sports team.
My ex seemed pretty rational, when we first got together. Later, that changed, in a different kind of way. We became LOGICALLY incompatible. She had her version of what was right and wrong, and I had mine, and they were different in ways that were directly pertinent to our relationship. My mom, on the other hand, has at times been convinced that SHE was an abductee, and had stuff planted in her nose. That never bothered me, not JUST because she's my mom, but because it never impinged on how she dealt with real life.
 arwen52
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 9:49:33 PM
what i meant by that is: all there is to support that fact that extra terrestrials dont exist, is by hear-say. i'm not saying they exist and i'm not saying they don't. I just like to have the facts right in front of my face before i change my beliefs. same thing goes with ghosts/demons/spirits.

You cannot prove a negative. This is a basic tenet in science. The burden is proving that something *does* exist. You have to have evidence.

I would not date someone whose thinking was so irrational that they believed in UFOs.
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/16/2011 10:34:59 PM
It's not so crazy to think that intelligent life evolved somewhere on some other planet.If humanity actually manages to survive then hopefully 4 or 5 hundred years from now our descendants will be as embarrassed by us as we are of those who believed the world was flat simply because that is what it appeared to be.
 colt8301
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/17/2011 3:33:43 AM

Assume this person was employed, fun to be with, and a seemingly thoroughly reasonable person in every regard, but insisted he had seen a flying saucer and he thinks that we are "not alone"?

Lol, why not it's just dating, I'm a little out there myself.
 english lass
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/17/2011 9:02:13 AM
If he was fanatical or overly intense about it I probably wouldn't want to stick around...but then that goes for any fanatical belief

If it was just a statement of his that he was willing to discuss and have a debate over with both viewpoints and sides being presented, then why not... could lead for interesting discussions and new understandings otherwise not considered
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?