Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 big pacific
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?Page 6 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
For me there is a different level of devotion to the ufo people.

Believe they could exist and that life off earth is a possibility or likely? Sure.

Believe they were abducted by a grey? No thanks..
 jed456
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:21:48 PM
I prefer people who have open minds about strange subjects.

While it fine to have an open mind.If someone told me they were inhabited by a being with super powers and came from another solar system.I would seriously suggest a good psychiatrist.

At the very least I would ask for proof.But hey to each there own.
 jed456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:27:57 AM
^^^I agree with what your saying.I like to think I'm open minded I would date some lady who had an interest in the subject.But if there going to tell me there's a reptile army coming to invade the earth, I'm outta there!
 Rythmn
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 9:13:29 PM
only if he were an alien. okay, seriously? it would depend upon the rest of him. one of my best friends is a republican. i'm a flaming liberal. some of my friends have religious beliefs that i find rather "odd". but, so be it, if they practice what they preach. now, if he were a total flake, then no. but if all else met my practical considerations and he was not too ocd, about it, well then.....is he a good dancer? can he move well? is he a good person? any brains in that head of his? those things are more important, assuming he has some degree of being grounded and doesn't fly away on the next available space ship. see, there's a cutie. a little green man.
 arwen52
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 7:47:06 AM
Richard Feynman, the Nobel prize winning physicist, put it succinctly:

"I had a conversation about flying saucers some years ago with laymen. You see, because I'm scientific they think I know all about flying saucers!

So, I said, I don't think there are flying saucers.

My antagonist said. Is it impossible that there are flying saucers?! Can you prove that it's impossible?

I said, No, I can't prove it's impossible. It's just very unlikely.

That they say, is very unscientific. If you can't prove it impossible, then how can you say it's unlikely?

But, that's the way it is, scientifically. It is scientific only to say what's more likely or less likely, and not to be proving all the time what's possible or impossible.

To define what I mean, I finally said to him. Listen. I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the result of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence rather than the unknown rational efforts of extraterrestrial intelligence."
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 5:00:34 PM
It's not so much what unusual stuff you believe in that matters, so much as what you DO about it all. Someone who is sold on Extra Terrestrials stopping by on a regular basis can be fine, as long as they don't insist on steering our lives in a corkscrew because of it. Same thing applies to anything that's not directly part of the relationship, whether it's religion, or even silly stuff. I've run into people who got divorced because one or the other couldn't deal with the spouse's devotion to their favorite sports team.
My ex seemed pretty rational, when we first got together. Later, that changed, in a different kind of way. We became LOGICALLY incompatible. She had her version of what was right and wrong, and I had mine, and they were different in ways that were directly pertinent to our relationship. My mom, on the other hand, has at times been convinced that SHE was an abductee, and had stuff planted in her nose. That never bothered me, not JUST because she's my mom, but because it never impinged on how she dealt with real life.
 arwen52
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 9:49:33 PM
what i meant by that is: all there is to support that fact that extra terrestrials dont exist, is by hear-say. i'm not saying they exist and i'm not saying they don't. I just like to have the facts right in front of my face before i change my beliefs. same thing goes with ghosts/demons/spirits.

You cannot prove a negative. This is a basic tenet in science. The burden is proving that something *does* exist. You have to have evidence.

I would not date someone whose thinking was so irrational that they believed in UFOs.
 colt8301
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/17/2011 3:33:43 AM

Assume this person was employed, fun to be with, and a seemingly thoroughly reasonable person in every regard, but insisted he had seen a flying saucer and he thinks that we are "not alone"?

Lol, why not it's just dating, I'm a little out there myself.
 english lass
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/17/2011 9:02:13 AM
If he was fanatical or overly intense about it I probably wouldn't want to stick around...but then that goes for any fanatical belief

If it was just a statement of his that he was willing to discuss and have a debate over with both viewpoints and sides being presented, then why not... could lead for interesting discussions and new understandings otherwise not considered
 karma1160
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/17/2011 8:46:42 PM
Well it might be fun to explore, the concept with someone at least open minded enough to realize that it may be really arrogant to believe that we are the only ones here.
If he tells you he was Albert Einstein in a previous life I might rethink this.
 abelian
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/17/2011 10:30:12 PM

Only if she could take me for a ride in one.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/19/2011 3:47:02 PM
I was fortunate to have experienced a space craft sighting a few years ago. It was pretty much fricken incredible and lasted about half an hour.

So yup, I'd date someone who believes in UFOs.
 abelian
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/20/2011 4:34:50 AM
Not necessarily.From any earth like planet there is the possibility of life coming from it.Claiming that we are the only life in the entire universe is rather silly seeing as here we are.It would be logical to conclude that if it can happen here then it can happen elsewhere.

You must not read much science. Believing there is life elsewhere is quite different from believing life elsewhere managed to find its way here and chooses to reveal itself only to crazy people or is conspiring with our government to turn us into slaves.

Evolution is just a theory after all,really nothing more then speculation and educated guessing, yet it is heralded as scientific fact.There is no actual proof.

Evolution is fact that's observed in laboratories. The theory of evolution posits that evolution is driven by natural selection. The latter is the theory part. Evolution itself is a fact.

Do you consider pondering and speculating about evolution a silly waste of intellect?

In the sense you mean, yes.
 Soul Union
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/9/2012 12:43:01 AM
I'd be less likely to date someone who DIDN'T believe in other intelligent life in the universe. - Happily Ever . . . maybe

When you look at our primitive and barbaric world, with its wars and nuclear bombs and constant battles and rape and murder and paedophile priests and ridiculous religious beliefs, it makes you wonder why alien entities have bothered to visit our universe, which they have been doing for centuries.

Personally, I find life on this planet quite ridiculous. I think we humans are pathetic in most respects. The Pleiadian and Arcturian minds are light years ahead of us. They make us look stupid, which we are.

Oh, I hear there's another war raging over in . . . [take your pick, folks]. I hear there's another madman shooting up some theatre in . . . [take your pick, folks]. I hear there's another law forbidding this, that and the other, more regulations being cranked out so we can't talk about something that used to be normal to talk about. I hear that here in New Zealand, for instance, we have one of the highest rates of abortion on the planet, the second worst rate of incarceration of criminals, and the worst rate of abuse of children - so bad we got a mention from those dear folks over at the Yewnited Nations in New York.

Yes, if I was from the Pleiadian or Arcturian star cluster, I'd give this dump a wide berth. I wouldn't want anything to do with the place. Never mind, the politicians will put things right. That's why we pay them a fortune every year in salaries, while the rest of us can hardly afford to pay our mortgages. It's called democracy - another ridiculous belief. There's nothing democratic about the process.

Beam me up, Scotty. I'm getting tired of this hole.

Peter
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/9/2012 2:02:06 AM
anybody see the UFO at the opening ceremonies for the olympics during the closing fireworks?

tried making a new thread for this, guess it's going here:
========================================
CELESTIAL - The Moon in Full Color

a JOSE ESCAMILLA film
published July 21, 2012

The film that challenges anyone to prove that the Moon is grey. This film proves the Moon is a full color celestial body and that there are incredible structures and towers built by "someone" that has the ability to build a structure ten miles wide and six miles high within an eight month period. The evidence is presented and you will be amazed at what you will see in this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ggirhnTm4
================================

with Curiosity landing on Mars this month, & Voyager set to leave our solar system, we seem to be looking everywhere except the most obvious place - the moon. this also answers the question - why haven't we gone back to the moon? because we weren't alone up there nor did they want us back. guess China in 2013 will put that threat to the test.

5:30 - first HD shots
9:30 - director starts to talk
12:13 - Lobachevsky Crater - structure being built over 22 yrs
24:05 - Guyot Crater - hovering excavating craft 20 miles long
33:15 - looking for proof of structures
39:00 - skyscrapers, flying anomalies
40:00 - Gassendi Crater - domes w/ structures within them
42:30 - Statues of Reiner Gamma - size comparison - beats the tallest Earth structure by miles
 MudBurn
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/9/2012 3:55:31 AM
It would depend if that person had a propensity for liking anal probes and spinal taps...
 matchlight
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2012 1:44:59 PM

Personally, I find life on this planet quite ridiculous. I think we humans are pathetic in most respects. The Pleiadian and Arcturian minds are light years ahead of us. They make us look stupid, which we are.

I'm such a dumb human I'm not even aware beings from those star clusters exist. What other amazing facts, besides their existence, do they reveal to you when you guys get together to chew the fat? Maybe you can persuade them to tell you who's going to win the World Series, and pick up a few bucks.
 Soul Union
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/9/2012 5:13:55 PM
Maybe you can persuade them to tell you who's going to win the World Series. - Matchlight

Personally, I wouldn't give a burnt match about any world series (I presume you meant America, of course?) - events like this just go on and on and on and on, and nothing is achieved. Balls get tossed around parks, people in tight uniforms jump up and down, and the world stays as it is. The wars continue. The nations are dragged into more and more deadly conflicts. We die of shocking diseases every day, when there are suppressed cures just begging to be used.

We the sheeple munch the lies we are fed every day, especially when we have diversions like a world series to keep us off track, like when President Barack Hussein Obama set the wheels in motion to outlaw natural health remedies - signed while the people's attention was on the Gulf oil spill at the time. Vitamin C will soon be illegal. Take that to your world series and chew the fat with your buddies as you watch men jumping up and down and throwing balls in the air, for whatever reason.

If I were an Arcturian, Sirian or Pleiadian, I would feel very sorry for this dump - this heaving global abortion we call humanity. My word, we really think we are something here, don't we? Such an arrogant crowd. All we are good at is blowing each other to pieces.

Good on ya. Keep it up. It's what we do in this neck of the woods.

onlydateIF
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/9/2012 11:31:09 PM
#265, gotta take you to task here
you claim there was a UFO at the end of the fireworks during the opening of the olympics?
alrighty then, with thousands of cameras available,
JUST WHERE OH WHERE IS THE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE?? (do you have a link to a pic of this glorious appearance..er.. 'invasion')
(I'm guessing mebbe our ever blurry bud Sasquatch stole it?)
sure sounds like misinformation to maself...
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/9/2012 11:55:40 PM
#266 - here we have a person ladies with no imagination at all.... zzzz.... get ready for a good time & a good nap

btw part of the video was shot from a home telescope while the maps were pieced together from the NASA database. if you watched it, you'd know that.

#273 - did you try searching "ufo 2012 olympics"...
 MOTD2010
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/10/2012 9:41:31 PM
date one? hmmmm I married one
 OldSpice48
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/10/2012 9:55:54 PM
Depends, if it was just dating & nothing more serious, yes. But not for a serious relationship. I think that their belief in alien spacecrafts would demonstrate a lack of intelligence on their part, no matter how "educated" they are or what kind of job they hold. Then again, many people in extremely high places in government that we trust with our lives believe in talking snakes, & burning bushes that speak... It's called fundamentalist Christianity.

Scary...
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/11/2012 1:28:17 AM
1- not the typical GY blimp shape
2- no Goodyear lettering even though it was light up like a xmas tree

No conclusive evidence either way. Military craft to fake an encounter?
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/13/2012 2:29:43 AM

Personally, I wouldn't give a burnt match about any world series (I presume you meant America, of course?) - events like this just go on and on and on and on, and nothing is achieved. Balls get tossed around parks, people in tight uniforms jump up and down, and the world stays as it is. The wars continue. The nations are dragged into more and more deadly conflicts. We die of shocking diseases every day, when there are suppressed cures just begging to be used.

We the sheeple munch the lies we are fed every day, especially when we have diversions like a world series to keep us off track, like when President Barack Hussein Obama set the wheels in motion to outlaw natural health remedies - signed while the people's attention was on the Gulf oil spill at the time. Vitamin C will soon be illegal. Take that to your world series and chew the fat with your buddies as you watch men jumping up and down and throwing balls in the air, for whatever reason.

If I were an Arcturian, Sirian or Pleiadian, I would feel very sorry for this dump - this heaving global abortion we call humanity. My word, we really think we are something here, don't we? Such an arrogant crowd. All we are good at is blowing each other to pieces.

Wow, aren't you just a barrel of sunshine?? Yeah, let's abolish professional sports. That's the solution.

Give me a break. You "what's wrong with the world today" types would still piss and moan in a world that was literally perfect.
 lotustemple
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:45:02 PM

Piggy, sometimes intelligence and insight isn't too sunny at the moment however it inspires realizations etc..that let the light in later.

Dang, what about vitamin C becoming illegal? Thats not cool.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?