Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jd28spot
Msg: 3
Does this seem odd to you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I was about to tell you to give him the benefit of doubt.......until I read the paragraph about your daughter........Big Red Flag!!!!! (the hairs stood up on the back of my neck)
I suggest you have your daughter message him on that site.....his answer to her will tell you right away if he's truly a gentleman or not. My guess would be NOT. Please proceed with caution....this doesn't sound good!
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 14
Does this seem odd to you?
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:59:08 PM
RED FLAG - I would flip if a guy did this to my daughter, FLIP. That is just not ok. Regardless of all the other reasons your uncomfortable - THIS should be the dealbreaker.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:08:05 AM
If he has been working all this OT it is quite possible he is currently braindead. Could very well be it didn't occur to him that "friending" your daughter might be considered weird or deviant, he might have thought it was friendly. It might be absence of thought rather than malicious.

I'm not sure it is related to being too busy to contact you... If he was checking the site it would take all of :30 seconds to search and send a friend request.

Still, in these days, best to be cautious. Sometimes it is nerve-wracking trying to find the balance between caution and paranoia.
Talk to him soon OP, so you can hear what's what and be able to put it to rest one way or the other.

edit to add:

Step 2) Give your daughter specific instructions to tell him that YOU KNOW he is talking to HER but not to YOU and to either explain himself or get lost.

oh no, don't put your daughter in the middle... passing messages to your b/f.
BTW... did she accept his friend request?

OP, curious... why didn't you suggest meeting his friends once you were more available? It seems you're hanging back a bit in that area.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 2:17:14 AM

He must have been floored by her response to his comment that he was my boyfriend as, according to her, it was pretty withering and she questioned whether I would have described him as such. He may well have regretted saying it.

umm, could this possibly be why he might have eased up in the past few days? Could it be he wonders what you have said to your daughter about your relationship such that your daughter would say "I'm not sure mum would describe you as a boyfriend"

whew, you know it does sound like miscommunication all around.
 arwen52
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 5:07:34 PM
You guys only have known each other a month. Personally, I wouldn't be sleeping with a guy that I didn't trust, but that's just me. The thing with the daughter creeps me out. I don't have a real good feeling about this. If it were me, I'd back off, slow down, and get to know the guy better. If 6 months from now you still haven't met any of his friends and he's chummier with your daughter than he is with you, you'll know what to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >