Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > God loves gay people ????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumschick
Msg: 51
view profile
History
God loves gay people ????Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
God is against Spilling your semen
He is against in appropriate use of your genitals.
Thats anal and oral sex.
Homosexuality denies the laws of nature.
And God does love all people..
When the repent.
Hope that answered your question. thought heres no references.

Blessed is the man who having not a thing to say abstains from giving worthy evidence of the same…

Of course there aren’t any references, none of what you posted is in Scripture…

He loves you. But hates you you are.

I am sure you meant to say He hates the sin but He loves the sinner.

Maybe you should just stop looking for a sexual partner and actually consider what The Lord God wants. Because everyone who hates Gays are just as condemned.
But homosexuality brings me to rage enough to call together a crowd and stone them to death.. sorry.
Be right, or be wrong.
And homosexuality is on so many levels wrong

If you feel strongly enough about it, why call the crowd, I would love to see you attempt to do that. However, if I do know your type and believe me I do; something tells me you wouldn’t even dare state your opinion on homosexuality to another homosexual if you were to be face to face, let alone attempt any harm.

Careful there, moral indignation is disguised jealousy with a halo. And your fear may be showing…Yes fear that perhaps you could be one of them, I don’t know…

You know what they say, don’t knock it until you tried it…
 forumschick
Msg: 52
view profile
History
God loves gay people ????
Posted: 9/30/2010 10:08:34 AM

Why would God hate sin in the first place?Sins are only against yourself and only affect yourself .I would be more confused than hate if you wanted to hit your self in the head with a hammer, but hey ,if that's what you want,knock yourself out.Sins do not keep God from you,they keep you from God.It is your freewill choice and God will not hate you for it.Sin is not something that's even real on a level of God,it's not possible ,there is no will to "hit yourself in the head with a hammer" .The religious teaching of sin actually helps you keep you from God. IMO

That is all fine and well from a human perspective, but you are forgetting one thing God loves us and wants nothing but the very best for us. He hates sin because it harms us and ultimately is what separate us from Him…
 forumschick
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2010 10:56:46 PM
Hmmm, Scripture says otherwise:

Proverbs 6:16-19 (NKJ)
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

I would like to know which verses from the bible are the ones that usually help you to conclude with your opinions?

forumschick
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 3:09:13 PM

Yea, in order to complete those actions you require a mind that is obviously not with God.A mind one with God/in Spirit would not even consider such actions,there is no will to even think of such actions.All actions require more to it than just the action itself,you have to want to do it first and sin is no different .Look deeper, there's more to sin than just the final action of sin,it requires a mind that desires sin first.No, you won't find this directly in the Bible.This is further than the bible.....Hate is a human emotion that requires a mind that is not with God .Hate is a sin,.God dose not hate

It is clear to me that the above is simply your opinion and as much as I, we have a right to it accordingly. As you said; it is not in the bible, because according to Scripture He does hate. Lest you wonder, as I understand it from Scripture He hates sin not the sinner.

Once again from Scripture:

Proverbs 6:16-19 (NKJ)
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

sabbycat251
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/6/2010 1:36:17 PM
Yes, an opinion,an educated one that is further than just a bible.The only one that walked in Spirit and knew what he was talking about in the bible was Jesus. The rest just were perceiving through their separated minds and projected separated human traits onto God to explain it to other separated humans in a way they could understand but keeping them separated further.Try reading the bible in Spirit like I have, instead of a basic human perception,it reads allot different.In Spirit there is no hate,sin ,death,guilt,fear, it's not real.To claim any of the later to be real is a claim that you do not know Spirit and therefore do not know God or your Real self.No one in 2000 yrs has come to be in Spirit through just reading the bible.
 forumschick
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 11:52:50 PM

Yes, an opinion,an educated one that is further than just a bible.The only one that walked in Spirit and knew what he was talking about in the bible was Jesus. The rest just were perceiving through their separated minds and projected separated human traits onto God to explain it to other separated humans in a way they could understand but keeping them separated further.Try reading the bible in Spirit like I have, instead of a basic human perception,it reads allot different.In Spirit there is no hate,sin ,death,guilt,fear, it's not real.To claim any of the later to be real is a claim that you do not know Spirit and therefore do not know God or your Real self.No one in 2000 yrs has come to be in Spirit through just reading the bible.

I will keep that in mind , though my spirit can't read, I don't think...

Indeed educated, but an opinion nonetheless. The way I see it, I either take it all to be inspired by God or not. I used to struggle believing in it because of the way that its been worded by the authors. Yet I made a decision to take it all to be God's word and ask for His guidance when in doubt.

Therefore, I must disagree with you and your spirit, according to God's word, He does hate and if by your standards that means I don't know Spirit, God or myself, so be it. I can live with that...

sabbycat251
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/7/2010 2:57:37 AM
NP :) that's what free will is all about.And this may be part of you path that you expand on later,everyone's path is unique.I know who you are so you will not be judged either way.
 susan_cd
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/8/2010 5:30:31 PM
Here's a link to a hilarious video that seems appropriate for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO50
 scorpiomover
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2010 4:20:19 PM

Why would God hate sin in the first place?Sins are only against yourself and only affect yourself .I would be more confused than hate if you wanted to hit your self in the head with a hammer, but hey ,if that's what you want,knock yourself out.
As you put it, sins are only against yourself. Sins don't hurt G-d. Sins hurt YOU. If G-d didn't care about your welfare, then G-d wouldn't hate sin at all. G-d would only hate sin if G-d wanted you to be healthy and happy and not come to harm. It's no different than your mother hating the idea of you hitting yourself with a hammer, or doing any other form of self-harm.

Hating sin is just another way of saying that you hate that people deliberately screw up their own lives, because they could have been just as happy, without harming themselves, by simply considering doing things another way.

Sins do not keep God from you,they keep you from God.It is your freewill choice and God will not hate you for it.Sin is not something that's even real on a level of God,it's not possible ,there is no will to "hit yourself in the head with a hammer" .The religious teaching of sin actually helps you keep you from God. IMO
A lot of people wanted to kill themselves, and didn't, because they believed that their family would have been very upset if they died. As a result, they tried to make a go of things, and sort their problems out, and many of them discovered that life could be good for them, if they put effort into learning how to deal better with things.

If you remember what sin really is, self-harm, then you LIKE being told what might harm you, so you can avoid it. After all, you cannot save yourself from drinking bleach, if you don't know that drinking bleach will harm you.
 susan_cd
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/9/2010 8:42:14 PM

If you remember what sin really is, self-harm

In some cases, but if someone sins & murders someone, I'd say the murdered person was also harmed. As was the person who ws robbed by the thief, or the person raped by the rapist.
 sabbycat251
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/10/2010 3:39:16 AM
Yes, the choices of one can effect many but only on the physical aspects ,the part that disappears into nothing next to eternity.The real part of you that God only knows as real cannot be harmed at all.
 afittnessmodel
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/7/2011 5:48:34 PM
God loves all people...no matter if your gay or not...the topic about homosexuality is in the whole Bible...don't be fooled...even tho one is gay don't mean you still won't go to heaven...it depends upon your belief in Jesus' who died for your sins...you do have to confess your sins to God...Genesis 19:1-7...Leviticus 18:22-23...Leviticus 20: 13...Romans 1:26-32...1 Corinthians 6:9-10...1 Timothy 1:8-10...don't ever think that God don't love you...he does no matter what state your in...no one is perfect...neither am i...hope this has help... :o)
 arwen52
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2011 8:23:06 AM
The only _real_ place that homosexuality is condemned is in Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 which expressly prohibit male homosexuality but if you follow the rules in Leviticus you are also against:
- Sexual intercourse during a women's menstrual cycle
- Tattoos
- Wearing certain types of jewelry
- Eating certain kinds of meat
- Wearing clothing made from blended textiles (cotton-polyester blends)
- Cross-breeding livestock
- Sowing a field with mixed seed
- Eating or touching the dead flesh of pigs, rabbits, & some forms of seafood
- Men cutting their hair or shaving their beards

It also endorses polygamy.

And slavery. Let's not forget the Bible allows slavery.

Leviticus 25:44-46: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly." (NIV)

Jesus said a lot about the poor and about war and about how to treat your fellow human beings. He said nothing about homosexuality or abortion. Yet modern day Christians seem to focus their attention on homosexuality and abortion and pay little attention to war and the poor. What would Jesus do?
 Walter4u
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/23/2011 9:43:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

After reading some of the posts here I thought I would contribute and demonstrate where God's Word does in fact condemn homosexuality both in the New Testament. We all know He does so in the Old Testament.

Is Homosexuality, Lesbianism and Bisexuality a sin?! Yes!

1Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

In the above passage Paul clearly stated that those who are homosexuals, which by the way includes bisexuals and lesbians, SHALL NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. Then he went on and contrasted how they were at one time some of those people whom he said would not enter the Kingdom, but now they are different because they have been washed by the blood of Christ! They have repented of their sins. Repentance means to turn away from whatever sin(s) you have done with no intentions of repeating them. There is no forgiveness without repentance.

In Romans below the Apostle Paul makes it clear that Homosexuality and Lesbianism is an not a natural condition. In other words no one is born that way. It is a choice. Pay attention to all of this but especially verse 26-27.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.
20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.
21 Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves.
25 For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

*26 For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.
*27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

28 And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right,
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; being full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, evil habits, becoming whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, braggarts, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, perfidious, without natural affection, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but have pleasure in those practicing them.

In the above passage Paul was abundantly clear in that it is an Unnatural act for a man to be with a man and a woman to be with a woman in any sexual relations under any circumstances. Unnatural means it goes against the will and order of God. God's morality never changes. He is consistent and would never ordain something He considers to be sin, especially homosexuality/bisexuality which He considers it to be an Abomination. A sin so severe that the penalty is eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Now with that said, we must understand that God is a forgiving God provided that the sinner places their trust and Faith in Christ Jesus and they confess and repent of their sins and are Baptized. This is when a person becomes "Born Again". This is when you receive the Holy Spirit who will give you the ability to resist all temptations and walk in righteousness.

Blessings!
In Christ,
Walter
 Walter4u
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/23/2011 11:25:41 PM
Sabbycat,

There is no hate in my post whatsoever. It is obvious that you do not accept God's word as being inerrant and inspired by God.

Paul the Apostle was taught by the Holy Spirit of God and prior to that was a Pharisee among Pharisees. Highly educated and a devout Jew. Jesus got hold of him on the road to Damascus. Read Acts.

There is no doubt that I am Born Again. I have the Holy Spirit of God indwelling me. Last I understood, God is the only one who can judge someone's heart as to their salvation in being born again or not, along with of course the person who is. I don't believe you are God.

Tell me Sabbycat, what is your belief? What religion or faith are you if anything at all?

You mentioned that anything physical if placed before the spirit is sin. Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Please be kind enough to explain.

There is the heresy of Gnosticism that teaches that anything physical, that is anything of the flesh is evil and anything spiritual is good. The Gospel of John was written to refute that false teaching as well as first and second John and some of Paul's writings also deals with that.

In Christ,
Walter
 Walter4u
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/24/2011 9:30:05 AM
Hi Sabbycat,

Thank you for your response.

I see that you do not appear to agree that homosexuality is a choice and not something you are born to be. Medical science has not been able to prove that it is something anyone is born to be. In fact just the contrary. There were/are two so called scientists, that are homosexual that tried to prove that homosexuality is genetic. Their research was clearly debunked by the Medical community. It was bogus research with an agenda. But let's go even deeper. Let's assume that God is truly a Holy God and that sin is something that He condemns. He certainly condemns murder, adultery, theft, etc.. Can we agree on that? That being the case, does God condemn someone who has "Down's Syndrome? No. Why? Because it is something that a person is born with that condition. God cannot and will not condemn someone because of their genetic makeup. If it's genetic then it is something beyond their control. Something beyond their Free Will. So when we examine the Scriptures we see that God, along with many other sins, condemns homosexuality. In fact He calls it an abomination just like beastiality and condemns those sins with the penalty of death.

Lev 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Lev 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. NKJV

So here we see that God in fact condemns this. It is not something normal. Furthermore, under the direction of the Holy Spirit of God, Paul the Apostle of Jesus Christ wrote that this behavior is unnatural. This demonstrates God's consistent teaching. Paul did not teach anything contrary to God but was in perfect harmony and rightly so as there are no contradictions in the Bible. It is all God inspired and inerrant.

Romans 1:26 For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error. NKJV

God even destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sexual sins. Homosexuality being the primary one. He destroy two entire cities and all the inhabitants because of it.
So we see that homosexuality is not natural. It is against nature. It's a perversion, it is a choice. It is also something that a person can repent from and be forgiven for, provided they turn to God, accept Jesus as the Christ and repent. Even premarital sex is a sin and is condemned. All sin separates us from God and we as mortals can never earn redemption, forgiveness, salvation on our own merits. It took the very Son of God to come to Earth and die in our place to pay the sin debt we could not pay. It is a gift! But you have to accept that gift in order to receive it.

Now what is sin and what is evil? Let's talk about that. Is sin something that we "do" or is sin something more? Yes sin is something we do and sin can also be something we do not do. That would be like having the ability to help someone in need but not helping them. That is a sin of "Omission". Anything that we do that is displeasing to God or anything we should have done and didn't is a sin to God. Now what did Jesus say about sin and it's origin? Is sin merely something we do in our flesh or is it deeper than that?

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.' (Jesus was quoting the Old Testament Ten Commandments)
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. NKJV

Here we see that a lustful thought is where the sin of adultery originated. Not just the physical act of adultery but the "heart" is the location to where it actually occurred. So you see it was not the flesh where sin originated but the heart which is of the spirit. Jesus also gave us other examples throughout His Sermon on the Mount in Mat 5,6 & 7.

So what is Evil? In Hebrew the word Evil is "rah" and it has several applications depending upon the context. But let's examine evil in the general sense. Evil is the absence of good. God did not create it as it is merely the absence of God's goodness. It's like light and darkness. Darkness does not exist in and of itself. Darkness is merely the absence of light. Light can be measured but darkness cannot. Make sense?

Let's talk about Jesus. Who is Jesus? Jesus was not a mere mortal. Jesus is God in the flesh. He came down to Earth from Heaven. We know Him as God's only begotten Son. Every appearance of God to man in the Bible was always God's son. He was called Jehovah in the Old Testament. Jesus Himself claimed to be Jehovah. So those of us who are "Born Again" do not worship His teachings as that is sinful. We worship Christ Jesus Himself because He is God. We follow His teachings because we love Him and He commanded us to obey Him. In fact He said that those who love Him will obey Him. It is the fruit of our Faith. And when we sin , if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. i have to go for now but look forward to your response.

Blessings!
Walter
 sexyisback!
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/24/2011 12:53:37 PM

1Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

10 nor thieves, nor COVETOUS, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

so why focus so much on the sexuality theme?

many,many "Christian" churches ciontain elemnts of idolatry..statues & icons of persons, men, women, Christ on the cross, all 'idolatry' icons, made by man..

the entire RC church has prayers to Mary as if "she" were the "Saviour" ?

virtually all churches contain a good number of fornicators & adulterers, not to mention homosexuals/bisexuals/lesbians, in their membership, if not in the pulpit.

99% + of humans are and/or have "coveted" things or people, committed "adultery in their hearts" as Jimmy Carter once said of himself..

Most churches I've attended have had a good number of members, more than half I'd estimate, obsessed with obtaining bigger, flashier houses and cars and possessions, "things" so as to "outdo" their friends, neighbors & fellow church-goers.."keeping up with the Joneses", much more focussed on material life & possessions than on the 'spiritual'..

come to church in the new Porsche/Mercedes/BMW, etc., in the hopes of arousing feelings of envy in fellow parishioners..LOL :)

many have been thieves at least in the sense of cheating someone in a business deal.

Walter I though God/Jesus also frowned on DIVORCE??

or is that A-OK because it applies to you?
 Walter4u
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/28/2011 8:52:49 AM
Thank you for your response.

The focus of the sexuality issue is due to the fact that this thread is about "Homosexuality", so I am keeping this in the context of the original post.

But to address your question regarding Divorce and Remarriage. Jesus did make exceptions or allowances for it. Mat 5 and Mat 19 deals with this issue. Divorce is allowed due to the cause of "Fornication" which encompasses Adultery. Under those grounds Divorce is allowed and even remarriage. Also in 1 Cor Paul the Apostle also points out that if you are married to an "unbeliever" and if they decide they no longer wish to dwell with you and they abandon you then you are also free to remarry. Below is a study in this area I did.

Divorce and Remarriage

Mat 5:31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
Mat 5:32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Mat 19:3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"
4 And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,'
5 and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH' ?
6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
7 They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?"
8 He said to them, "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery."
10 His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
11 But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: NKJV

divorcement: G647 ἀποστάσιον
apostasion ap-os-tas'-ee-on
Neuter of a (presumed) adjective from a derivative of G868; properly something separative, that is, (specifically) divorce: - (writing of) divorcement.

Put Away = G630 ἀπολύω apoluo¯ ap-ol-oo'-o
From G575 and G3089; to free fully, that is, (literally) relieve, release, dismiss (reflexively depart), or (figuratively) let die, pardon, or (specifically) divorce: - (let) depart, dismiss, divorce, forgive, let go, loose, put (send) away, release, set at liberty.

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (KJV)

The first important thing to see here is that this is Jesus giving a direct teaching to His Apostles in what is called the "Sermon on the Mount". So this is NOT a teaching to Jews under the Law. This is for Christians, Jew or Greek, etc.
Jesus says that "IF" a man divorces EXCEPT for the cause of fornication/adultery, THEN he would be committing adultery IF he remarries and also causing his wife to commit adultery should she remarry. It does not say that a person who is divorced and marries another is committing adultery. It is saying the woman in this case that was divorced for a biblical reason would be committing adultery if she were to remarry. So this means that if you, being the innocent/faithful party to the divorce, decides to remarry then you have God's permission to remarry.

Unfortunately many Christians do not realize that there are other exceptions where God permits remarriage after a divorce. Let's take a look.

1Corinthians 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

The mistake made by some concerning the above scripture is that Paul is not talking about the exception clause, he is merely addressing divorce in general. So the exception clause though not mentioned does not mean we can exclude it because it does exist in Matthew 5.

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

Paul is making a statement and saying that it is himself speaking, NOT the Lord, in this case. That if an unbelieving spouse chooses to leave the believer, (abandon) then the believing spouse in no longer under bondage of the marriage covenant/vows. This means they are free to remarry. What I would like to say for those of you who don't seem to fall within the obvious allowances for remarriage. Remember that while you are separated and your spouse commits adultery during that time, then you have grounds for divorce and remarriage. More often than not, during separation, one spouse will commit adultery. Let us also keep in mind that God gives GRACE and MERCY to us all and that if you have remarried unbiblically, if you repent, God forgives you! This of course does NOT mean you have to divorce. You cannot unscramble eggs. Additionally, if your ex-spouse remarried then he/she freed you to remarry because you cannot reconcile back to him any more. No one should rush to any divorce but allow a period of separation so that God can work on both of you and see if reconciliation is possible. People can change through the power of God. We must also remember that If you get divorced by man's laws, it does not mean that you are divorced in the eyes of God unless it was biblical.

We all need to give grace to each other in this and not be legalistic. Some denominations have gone to the extreme on this issue and have even shunned people unnecessarily who are divorced, forgetting themselves that they too are just as bad a sinner, if not worse, as the rest of us. None of us are in any position to cast the first stone.

Blessings!
In Christ Jesus,
Walter
 Walter4u
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/28/2011 9:12:59 AM
Sabbaycat,

You did not address my post.

Everyone is naturally born heterosexual. No one is born homosexual. It is a choice they make. That is a medical fact. It is interesting that you failed to address where God's written Word condemns homosexuality and clearly and irrefutably states that it is an "Unnatural" act.

The Bible is God's words to us. It is God breathed. You cannot move "beyond the Bible". Christ Jesus commanded His followers to preach the Gospel message to everyone. Where is this Gospel? In God's written Word.

2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Titus 1:9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.

Gal 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

What do you preach Sabbycat? Surely not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Who is Jesus? Jesus is Jehovah God in the flesh. I worship Him and God the Father and when He returns every knee will bow to him, even yours.

In Christ,
Walter
 sexyisback!
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/28/2011 2:28:12 PM

What do you preach Sabbycat? Surely not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Walter4u do you teach the Gospel according to Rev. Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS fame?

Walter4u
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/4/2011 8:56:24 AM
Hi SB,

No I do not preach specifically what that preacher preaches. I preach and teach the Gospel that Jesus Christ commanded to be preached. The Gospel of the kingdom. I preach the Gospel of repentance and Grace. That Jesus is the only way anyone can obtain salvation as Jesus said so Himself. Here is a list of my beliefs from my Church.

1) God - We believe in one God manifest in three eternally distinct persons, the Father, the "Word" (Son), and the Holy Spirit. God is just and righteous. He is both good and severe. He is the epotome of "love." Yet He is to be feared. Everything good originates with Him.

2) The Fallen State of Mankind - Infants are born innocent. However, all have inherited a fallen nature from Adam, and soon rebel against God once they gain a knowledge of right and wrong. Once someone has willfully sinned, God's justice requires condemnation. Man is totally incapable on his own of pleasing God, or securing his own salvation. Unless God rescues him, he is in a hopless, helpless predicament, awaiting God's judgment.

3) The Person of Jesus Christ - "The Word," the second person of the Trinity, became flesh through the incarnation in order to reveal God to mankind and restore man to God. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, although being tempted like any other man. Jesus Christ was and is fully human and fully divine, one person with two distinct natures.

4)The Atonement of Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, suffered and died on the cross, bearing on Himself the punishment due to us and making provision for all people to be saved and forgiven. God crushed His own Son, pouring out His wrath and judgment on Him in our place. Christ's atonement (substitutionary sacrifice) is applied to all who obey the Gospel. Reconciliation with God is possible only through Jesus Christ.

5) The Resurrection of Jesus Christ - We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. The physical body that hung on the cross was raised to life again, albeit changed incorruptible. Jesus' resurrection is the prototype of our future resurrection of the flesh. Jesus ascended bodily into heaven where He sits on the right hand of the Father interceding for believers, awaiting His Kingdom to be established over all the earth at His second coming.

6) Salvation - God is ready, willing, and able to save and declare righteous anyone who obeys the Gospel. Jesus is drawing all people by His Spirit to repentance. But, most resist Him and will perish. Obeying the Gospel means hearing and understanding the Gospel, believing the message of the Gospel, turning from sin (repentance) to Christ, and being baptized unto Christ upon one's confession that "Jesus is the Christ the Son of God." Baptism itself does not save. God alone saves. Baptism is the normal act of obedience to the Gospel. When someone obeys the Gospel, God forgives and sets them free from sins, adopts them into His family, renovates the heart, and baptizes them with His Spirit. Continuing in faith in Christ until the end of life is necessary for our salvation to be permanent. Salvation is of the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The completion of our salvation awaits the resurrection of the body "at His coming."

7) The Holy Spirit - We believe that every repentant believer is baptized in, indwelled with, and sealed by the Holy Spirit upon obeying the Gospel. Jesus freely gives His Spirit to comfort, instruct, convict of sin, correct, and sustain the child of God. The Holy Spirit is the deposit guaranteeing the future "redemption of our body" (resurrection) and our future inheritance in the Kingdom of God.

8) The Universal Church - The Greek word translated, "church," means an assembly of people gathered in one location. Jesus' universal Church will be gathered by the angels and assembled at His return (and not before). It will include the people of faith from all ages, regardless of nationality. The inheritance promised to Abraham and His "seed" will be realized through Jesus Christ - the "seed" to whom the promises were made. All who are baptized into Jesus Christ are "Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promises," co-heirs with Jesus Christ.

9) The Local Church - is the limited expression of Jesus' Church in one locality, and is the only expression of the "Church" in this age. It is organized for the purpose of worship, instruction, discipleship, fellowship, and evangelism. There is no structure ordained of God for His churches beyond the local level. Elders (pastors) and deacons (& deaconnesses) are the only offices of the local church. "Pastor" is just another term for "elder." It is not a distinct office apart from the elders.

10) The Resurrection and Reward of Believers - We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saints who have died and the gathering of all resurrected and living saints at Jesus' second coming to earth to reign as King. We believe in the Judgment Seat of Christ where all true believers will be judged and rewarded according to our works, receiving an eternal inheritance in the coming Kingdom of Christ on the restored earth.

11) The Judgment and Eternal Punishment of the Wicked - We believe that Jesus Christ will judge the wicked and unbelieving according to their works. They will be condemned to eternal damnation in the "Lake of Fire."

12) The Bible - We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments were inspired by God and free from all errors in their original form. The Bible is the sole source of infallible truth, and is sufficient to fully equip the man of God. It is the final authority in all matters for both individual Christians and for Christian churches.

Blessings!
Walter
 Walter4u
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/4/2011 9:40:11 AM
Sabbycat,

I can tell that you are either not truly Born Again or you are greatly deceived because you contradict God's Word. God does hate sin....all sin ....including homosexuality. This does not mean He hates the individual but He does hate the sin. Sin is something done by choice. The other thing that indicates to me that you may not be a Christian is that you do not believe in the inerrant word of God and that anything else not "specifically stated" by Jesus is somehow less or of no importance. If the Holy Spirit of God was in you then He would teach you that ALL Scripture is God breathed. That means that ALL scriptures were dictated to men by God through the Holy Spirit. It is all God's Word not just what you want to pick and choose.

Jesus said to His Apostles:
John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. NKJV

Jesus taught them a great many things that were not recorded in the "Gospels" but were recorded in the Epistles. That is why Jesus said what He said to His Apostles. That the Holy Spirit would bring to their remembrance all things that He taught them. That wisdom, those teachings, are contained in the Gospels and in the rest of the New Testament by direct revelation from the Holy Spirit of God. It is all God's truth !

So tell me Sabbycat.... will sinners be condemned by God into The Lake of Fire for all eternity? All sinners... including homosexuals?

How can they be saved?
How can anyone be saved?
What is the only plan for salvation by God?
How does one obtain salvation?
What does God require?

Is Jesus God in the flesh?
Is Jesus equal to God the Father?
Is Jesus the creator of the Universe?
Is Jesus Jehovah?
Did Jesus bodily resurrect from the dead?

Gal 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. NKJV

You said that you are or hinted that you are an "Apostle of Jesus Christ". That is a lie. Jesus only picked a total of 13 Apostles. Minus one Judas. There were only 12 Apostles of Jesus Christ. To be an Apostle of Christ you must be personally hand picked by HIM. You would also have special powers and abilities given by the Holy Spirit. No human since then has had these special powers.

2Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

In Christ Jesus,
Walter
 Walter4u
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/10/2011 10:54:09 PM
Sabbycat,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to expose the truth that what you teach and believe in is heresy so people reading this can mark you as a deceiver. A person who truly was Born Again would have the Holy Spirit of God indwelling them and would recognize what I have been communicating to you is God's truth and Amen it. You would have also been able to answer the questions I asked of you if you were well grounded in God's Holy Word, The Bible.

In Christ Jesus,
Walter
 Fishingthereef
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/14/2011 10:56:26 AM
Walter Said:

Sabbaycat,

You did not address my post.

Everyone is naturally born heterosexual. No one is born homosexual. It is a choice they make. That is a medical fact.

This right here makes you a LIAR and untrustworthy. Please post a link to anything that shows the test results that doctors have done on newborns that show proof that ANY newborn baby is heterosexual (let alone ALL of them are born heterosexual).

Because you say such biased and untrustworthy things, I see you as just another homophobe using your bible as justification for your hatreds or fears. Don't feel bad though, you're just part of a LONG history of people twisting the bible to support their biases.

Good luck with that Kingdom of God thing. . .

James.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 9:04:20 PM

11) The Judgment and Eternal Punishment of the Wicked - We believe that Jesus Christ will judge the wicked and unbelieving according to their works. They will be condemned to eternal damnation in the "Lake of Fire."

12) The Bible - We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments were inspired by God and free from all errors in their original form. The Bible is the sole source of infallible truth, and is sufficient to fully equip the man of God. It is the final authority in all matters for both individual Christians and for Christian churches.

Blessings!
Walter

Isn't there a contradiction, not only between those two beliefs, but between them and various other well known biblical homilies?
The second of those paragraphs above is saying the Bible is infallible, while the first of the two paragraphs suggests that 'judging' should be left to Jesus.
Judge not, lest you be judged, let he is without sin cast the first stone n'all that...

Yet... you seem very judgemental Walter, which is consistent with the second of the two paragraphs but somewhat at odds with the first.

Not to worry though hey? You have plenty of infallible biblical support.

Leviticus 20-13 If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed, they have forfeited their lives. NAB

But why stop at gays? Best gather some implements and a pile of rocks, you're going to need them.

Exodus 21-15 NAB
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.

Leviticus 20-9 NLT
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.

Leviticus 20-10 NLT
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Leviticus 20-27 NAB
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning, they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.

Leviticus 21-9 NAB
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

Deuteronomy 17-12 NLT
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.

Deuteronomy
22-23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her,
22-24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die, the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city, and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife.

2 Chronicles 15-12-13 NAB
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul, and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Deuteronomy 13-7-12 NAB
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other, do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.

Leviticus 24-10-16 NLT
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death."

Deuteronomy 17-2-5 NLT
Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.

Deuteronomy 13-13-19 NLT
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever, it may never be rebuilt.

All of which, come to think of it, seem kind of at odds with the spirit of your first paragraph?

1) God - We believe in one God manifest in three eternally distinct persons, the Father, the "Word" (Son), and the Holy Spirit. God is just and righteous. He is both good and severe. He is the epotome of "love." Yet He is to be feared. Everything good originates with Him.

Quite a few not-so-good things too if you happen to have been an innocent person inadvertently caught up in all the stoning, slaying, smiting, burning, and laying waste recommended in the 'infallible' Bible.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > God loves gay people ????