Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How reliable is POF MY MATCHES page?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Think it is based on your search criteria so if you put in that age range at some point and haven't done a "search" since, it will feed you people from the parameters you set, if you want to widen that, you need to do a search for a different or wider age bracket.

They are not reliable except for putting some people in front of you that satisfy criteria like distance and age, etc. I have a friend who lives maybe a quarter of a mile from me if that, and I didn't show up in his my matches until yesterday and I am in the age range he searches so I think it is very random and only another tool not to be taken too seriously.

Even the other sites are pretty random matching based on slim similarities and sending you matches that include some things that are way outside what you are looking for. VVVVV
 thebigslim
Msg: 28
view profile
History
How reliable is POF MY MATCHES page?
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:51:16 AM
JMO ..... I can't say I find it that reliable to the point where there are actually good matches..... personally i've found a couple better sites where they have that "match making" ability a little more direct. Best of luck in your search
 strollinbella
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:43:19 AM
Well, if the matches are arrived at according to our search criteria, they are only looking at proximity, and nothing else. I am not looking for hang out, intimate encounter, or talk/email, and yet many weeks there are several men shown who are looking for those types of connections.

It is rare that I contact a man shown in my matches, but when a gem does glint from among the undesirables, I will make the effort. * When I say undesirable...I am only meaning that they are not of interest to me, not that they wouldn't be of interest to any woman here.
 english lass
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/26/2008 6:28:30 PM
if you are not a Perfect fit with all of them, you get your money back!

ryansmsk
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/27/2008 10:42:51 AM
its not that reliable or specific , can show users from a wide area who have little in common other than age . you need to do more specific searchs to find people who have alot in common with you or looking for the exact things .

myself i haven't found the matches page that useful so far or meet anyone from there
 That_girl*
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:06:24 PM
the matching system here on POF is about as reliable as using a sandwhich bag for a condom..don't trust it..it's only for entertainment pursposes only git ive ya a lil sense of hope lol.. i've meet a few of my so called matches off here in the past an let's just say i would have had better luck being blind folded an walking through a bar an randomly touching people on thier shoulder an saying hey your my soul mate tonite!!
 Incorruptible26
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:25:54 PM
The distance range is shit too, I set it to show me people within 50 miles and for some of my matches I would have to drive for 4 hours to meet them.
 chrisby2
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/27/2009 1:29:04 PM
You are dealing with a site where the navigation page is different on each page, an email system that cannot be used by color-blind people, an email notification system that only works during odd numbered days in months with an "R" in it, an IM system in place that is actually NOT recommended, a site that cannot even compute the correct age of a member, a forum system from 1984 where you cannot even edit a post ; yet you expect this site to master the hurdles of humanity and physiology and match you with the perfect mate?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/27/2009 7:25:53 PM
The matches POF send you are pretty much based on age and location. There is certainly no systematic matching of interests, etc.

The "See more users like s0-and-so" is likewise totally unreliable.
 chrisby2
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:06:03 AM

just change the age range at the top of your matches and hit the refine my matches button to the right

Easy to say and easy to do like you said. Sadly the matches that are presented are still jaded (age way off, location way off). I mean how hard is it to compute someones age and their distance between each other. Is this not the year 2009?

As a backend web-programmer I am amazed at how inaccurate the results are. It is as if they almost are trying to return bogus matches.
 chrisby2
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:12:34 AM
I forgot to mention.

Do a normal search using the same parameters as you use under 'My Matches'. ? You will notice a lot more people returned. Some nice ones that you might of wanted to contact. Now scratch your head and try to figure out why they are not under 'My Matches'. Very confusing.

Now I know some hack will spew that it has to do with 'blocking' but that is not the case. Easy enough to dispel such if you examine the two different result sets returned by the queries.
 c_deacon
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 9:40:24 AM
There is a difference between the "matches" category, and the "chemistry" page.

One is there based on your profile location and age restrictions, and the other is there after you took the chemistry profile test. Once you have that completed, they will match your preferences with those that may fit with a percentage listed as to how close you two might be to matching each other.

What does this all mean???? Squat!!!...........

Just my opinion.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >