Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do people lie about liking big women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jennifer j
Msg: 26
why do people lie about liking big women?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
hey I am a fit woman who could never rockclimb or climb a mountain etc I am terrified of heights my mate who is 250lb male could out walk out bike me any day of the week lots and lots of so called big people are extremely fit and lots of skinny people arent and have skinny fat they might look good with clothes on but take them off and yuck
And the comment on i have a petite girl but i cheat with big woman i feel so sorry for your girl what a lack of respect you show to both women
 Pandy
Msg: 27
why do people lie about liking big women?
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:45:08 PM
And no, guys don't and shouldn't expect a girl to lose weight when she's "in"... she should have stopped going to mcdonalds and done away with the excess long before then.

That was rather harsh, dude. How would you feel if a woman told you that your shoulders were too narrow to meet her standards of male aesthetics (or some other physical element)...that you needed to buff up before she could be interested....or if she decided that in mid relationship, she'd prefer you to look a different way?

If you don't like someone's characteristics, that's all well and good...everyone is entitled to their own preference....but don't try to change someone to fit your mold of what beauty is....that's just not right, IMO.
 krayon
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:45:26 PM
1lady,
Honestly, most are saying what they believe.. NOT that bigger people are less worthy. Same with smoking. If I went defensive everytime I saw a thread on "smokers" or hear someone say negative things re' smoking,,, I'd be spinning my wheels.

When you say they are saying bigger people are less worthy because someone says it is not their preference or the fact that someone may be very active and don't feel the larger person will be as active is not saying less worthy. At least not imho.
 thunderbird33709
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:52:54 PM
I just want to clarify, to all the guys that,fullfigured ladies are excellent lovers as well as deeply caring individualls, i enjoy these types of ladies company, i've always had a fullfigured lady in my life, and im a very handsome italian man too,if you need advice---look for the heart then you will find a very loving person, thanx for reading. the bird.
 SarGasm
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:53:26 PM
let's get the terminology right. "curvy" is one thing...but when those curves are just rolls...that's fat.

some people like fat people. and there's nothing wrong with that...and yes...fat girls/guys have to lower their expectations a little because a fat person isn't as visually appealing to most people as would be someone who's in shape.

i'm a little overweight...by about 10-15 pounds...and i like the same sort of look on a girl. not because i want her to look like me, but the logistics of cuddling or having sex with a skinny girl sucks. they're bony, and i've even been bruised from having my partners hip bones bump into me too many times.

it all boils down to personal choice. you can choose to date fat people, you can (for the most part) choose to be fat. you can choose to get in shape, and by making that choice you pretty much guarantee yourself a better quality of mate.
 Holydiver
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:53:27 PM
dont think your assumption that men lie about that is 100% true....I would venture to bet there are alot of men that have a genuine attraction for big gals....personally I like the common medium....a little cushion for the pushin'....would much rather date a girl that prefers a good cheesburger to salad and icewater...
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:59:19 PM
How about the comment.. If guys like chubby chicks then why are they all single?.... Is that suppose to mean that of course Bbws are worthy but it dont matter because nobody wants them? Did I read that wrong?
 krayon
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/7/2005 8:07:37 PM
How about the comment.. If guys like chubby chicks then why are they all single?.... Is that suppose to mean that of course Bbws are worthy but it dont matter because nobody wants them? Did I read that wrong?

There are going to be stray negative comments, some harsh; but, why classify it as meaning "unworthy". Why not just think of it in terms as that is an opinion. Just as you probably have a political/religious opinion, those who oppose yours doesn't make them "unworthy".

I tend to take things at face value. Literally. Sometimes too much so probably. Saying that "if guys like chubby chicks then why are they all single?" is non factual to begin with. Not all chubby chicks are single. So, the poster/commenter is wrong. Take it as he/she being wrong. Respond accordingly and you may find that it shuts up those who make statements like that or...at least... does not validate them. This, in turn, gives you the edge in the exchange of conversation.
 krayon
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/7/2005 8:34:08 PM
@ bizie,

1ladyjewl
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/7/2005 8:53:41 PM
I am pretty new to these forums(new to POF).Didn't know how these things really go..Starting to figure it out.
My veiw on this topic... I don't think men lie about liking big women. If after being with a big woman they start wanting you to lose weight it may be that they might have genuine concern for your health(with excess weight comes excess health risk).Or it could be that they(the men that like big women) just want a piece of tail and don't really care what you look like. I prefer to think it's genuine concern. I'm sorry. I'm done.
 nikkiw
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:03:45 PM
There are a lot of guys on here that could easily turn this thread around to the "women say they want nice guys but they don't" angle. The thing is, there are people out there that truly DO enjoy BBW's, just as there are people that enjoy the nice guys. You just have to wait...be patient and you'll find them! No amount of "where are the guys that like me" posts are going to bring them out. Whether it be for the platonic companionship or a romantic relationship, there are those out there that love the "CURVES".

I was TRULY disappointed to see SarGasm's post. The terminology is correct. A curve is a curve is a curve. The size of the curve may differ but it is still a curve. You're right, it is fat...but that same fat is what makes other "less curvy" women still considered curvy.

And no, I will NOT lower my expectations simply because I'm a CURVY woman, nor should ANY person in this would ever think that they should have to. There are a lot of women out there that don't like that truly hard-bodied guy with all the bulging veins and stuff sticking out. So does that mean those men should lower their expectations? Absolutely not. I'm a great person with a lot to offer, both in and out of the bedroom. Regardless of my curves, I am still in pretty good shape and very flexible so that aspect is out. It is possible to be in shape, regardless of how much weight you have on. And yes, you're correct in saying that it was a personal choice to get to that point. I ate too much and exercised too little, plain and simple. That does not, however, make me a woman unworthy of an intellectual, down-to-earth, respectful, successful, attractive man. I AM worth that, based on who I am, not what I look like. I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than settle. I think it's ridiculous and de-humanizing that you would even suggest lowering my expectations.
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:05:07 PM
oh biz. it goes both ways ya know. your skinny. i could call you an anorexic waste of life. but i would nt do that. and just because you are big, does not mean you are unhealthy. so your crystal ball again. i did a cancer walk a year back. walked 26 miles. made it without a problem, while i passed skinny lil people who were droppin like flies. so if i wasnt healthy, could i have done it?

and, there are so many threads about this topic, my dear, is because it is an ongoing debate that has yet to be settled.
 SarGasm
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/7/2005 10:39:09 PM
it just means that they're so happy to have a man that they're willing to put more effort into it.
 boddah
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/7/2005 10:57:27 PM
Because they don't want to be thought of as shallow, maybe? I like skinny women. (Not waif thin, though.) I admit it. However, it is not required. I need to keep fit. Anyway, if you have what people call here as 'extra pounds', it's not a big deal because many people can lose weight. I need to go to the gym for several reasons so it would be nice to find a gf who would join me.
 krayon
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2005 11:03:31 PM
@ angellips,

As for sargasm,.. he's voicing his opinion. Some of his views are out in left field...i.e. lower standards, etc. etc. but, just realize that he might be using terminology to draw attention to himself. Sometimes people say things which will get a rise out ppl, simply for that cause,.. or, it may be a simple case of he really believes what he writes. His choice. Just a theory, like opinions, as to why he would feel someone, anyone, would have to lower standards or give more in a relationship due to weight or any characteristic for that matter..
 Cristine
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/7/2005 11:38:42 PM
No Offense but I think these threads are getting tired!!! Okay, why all the "big women" threads like they are some sort of alien... geeze!!!!

If you don't like your body do something about it........ and if you know someone who doesn't like your big body but you like it, then tell them to leave..... *sigh*

I think if you have to lie about liking something, you have a big confidence problem!!!! Unless its illegal and discusting like little children or having sex with animals.
 SarGasm
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2005 11:56:15 PM

just realize that he might be using terminology to draw attention to himself. Sometimes people say things which will get a rise out ppl, simply for that cause,..

to be perfectly honest...and this is probably the only time i'll post this...it's not to draw attention to myself, but rather to keep threads going...keep people posting.

there's truth in what i say though. certainly there are people with genuine medical problems (ie: thyroid, diabetes...etc) who truly cannot lose the weight, but in my experience, most people who are overweight are that way simply because they can't pass up an Extra Value Meal from McD's and don't excercise enough.
 zgirl
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:21:51 AM
you know, maybe we should just "stop feeding the trolls" as someone once said on one of these forums. I am who I am. I look, act, breathe, live not like a bbw...but like ME. I'm unique. I'm fat. Get over it. I work as a housekeeper...and I blow by the skinny girls who work with me. Try cleaning 5 houses a day...and then tell me I'm "unhealthy" cause I have some extra blubber. Never had someone complain yet about the way I do my job. You don't like me cause I'm heavy, then pass on by me. I don't live my life for you or your opinion.
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:37:55 AM
for your iformation butthead, i dont even eat fast food
 Cristine
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:44:22 AM
SarGasm....

Most people are overweight for much more meaningful reasons than liking mickey dee's.... obese people often are eating away their feelings..... just like many people starve themselves or drink too much.
 zgirl
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:55:05 AM
Exactly...we all wonder why young women have eating disorders....rather be fat than kill myself not eating because of some people's opinions! We glorify thin in our society. Everywhere you turn there's something in our face about being "slim and beautiful". What about fat and beautiful? I think we are our weight because that's how we are supposed to be.
 jennifer j
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/8/2005 6:25:54 AM
Three cheers for z girl
 zgirl
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/8/2005 8:18:52 AM
biz: why must you bash? Are you that insecure or what? If you are tired of the "whining" then quit reading the forums and WALK AWAY!
 Fantasyloves
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/8/2005 8:54:16 AM
It's not all about what they eat.. Some people really don't understand how some women’s body works.. Like me I only eat 1 time a day, it's not that I want to it's I am not hungry so I don’t eat. I also don't eat if I am upset.

I can’t lose the weight, after having kids my body got even bigger. For my 32 years of life I have never been a big eater, I cannot even finish most of my food on my plate. I do work out and do many things most women will not do. I was even stood up by a member of Plenty Of Fish thinking I was a real big girl. So it’s the guy’s loss and the one that picks me will be a lucky one. Keep your head up high girlfriend and keep looking for the one that sees you for who you are and what you can give him as a lover and a friend.
 huggskisss
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/8/2005 9:08:18 AM
i think why women lie about being big becouse they are shamd of it and dont no how to tell the truth 1 and they want men to think they look good .and when the men go meet who ever say thats so and so the said they were skinny and the men walks away becouse they lied to them .i had a friend that did that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do people lie about liking big women?