Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do people lie about liking big women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heathen138
Msg: 126
why do people lie about liking big women?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Girls (and guys) that don't get enough lovin tend to become bitter towards the opposite sex. That usually compounds the problem when she is overweight aswell.

Plus, as far as I'm concernd, there are 2 types of "big women" and/or "big men".

There are the one that are all flab and cellolite. They obviously don't get hardly any exercise and have no mucle on them anywhere, no deffinition in there arms legs or chest. They can't even get up a flight of stair without getting tired and winded. They tend to percieve this and are mad at everybody else for it.

Then there are the big and beutiful ones. A bit wider then the average person but manages to maintain a sexy figure. They (like myself) love to eat but also love being active. You can't hold these plus sized people down. They may be big but they are down for any activity because just under that surface layer is a strong fit person both mentally and physiclly.

You decide which one is you.
 SarGasm
Msg: 127
why do people lie about liking big women?
Posted: 6/18/2005 2:53:25 PM

sargasm, look in the mirror - it's people like you who do it. your opinion who does it. and, oh yeah, i put "bbw" in my profile cause that's what I am..."Big BEAUTIFUL woman".

why would you blame "people like me"? that just doesn't make sense. that excuse holds about as much water as Charles Manson blaming the Beatles for making him do what he did.

the only person who can change the person you are is you. not me. not anyone else. the sooner you learn to stop blaming others for your shortcomings and take action for yourself, the happier you'll be, and the sooner you'll reach your goals!
 pinball wizard
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/18/2005 3:04:49 PM
Hey you guys stop picking on my buddy sargasm he seems like a pretty smart guy to me.

How come most fat people say 'I may be fat but you're ugly and I can diet'...but they never do diet?
 rosalin
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/18/2005 3:28:10 PM
excellent question, i was wondering that myself. people can like who they want, but I find men more superficial, in the way they describe themselver on there and the kind of woman they are looking for, that is, her body size and proportions come first. there are men on here who ask your breast and ass size as well. How many women ask a man his chest, ass or****size? Anyway those online who are only into small, hard and perfect bodies are missing out on fun, smart and sexy people. Ros
 SarGasm
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/18/2005 4:21:15 PM
i'll freely admit to being superficial to start...but then again, i don't want a little tiny hardbody either. i dated a few of those, and to be honest, when you're cuddling on the couch a hardbody isn't comfy. i prefer someone who's got a little meat...not lots, but a little extra. so much better for snuggling up!!
 zgirl
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:01:55 AM

why would you blame "people like me"? that just doesn't make sense. that excuse holds about as much water as Charles Manson blaming the Beatles for making him do what he did.

because you can't be nice about it. you sit there and "blame" us for being fat. Like we can't get off our fat asses and do something. I clean 4 houses a day. I think that's what you would call excercise. Instead of being so critical, maybe you should be a little more supportive. Most people who pick on others are insecure about themselves anyway. As far as I'm concerned, I could give a shit less what you think about me or any other big girl.
 KIPSYandMIC
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/20/2005 8:45:16 AM
well as a thin man my self i love my ladies with a few extra ponds most woman aint fat its that there big boned so theres not much some can do about it .All i can say ladies is stay the way yu feel comfy with and leave the jerks that say your fat as in my dictionary fat is only on my sunday roast
 caspian0187
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2005 9:57:07 AM
i guess this thread really doesnt apply to me since i actually do prefer bbw had to many female friends who had developed eating disorders such as anorexia bulemia that now just the sight of bones is somewhat disturbing for me besides i think boobs are cool and large breasts dont look quite right on stick figure women....just my 2 cents.....
 JmanTO
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/20/2005 1:59:05 PM
Everyone tries to change the person they're with. No one on earth is going to fit the ideal person in your head, so you do your best to get the person your with as close to that as possible. Meh, that's life. If someone your with doesn't pay attention to you anymore, then maybe it's time to worry.
 SarGasm
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/20/2005 10:00:29 PM
it's not even about changing people...my point is this:

if you're fat and unhappy because you can't find a guy and need to start posts like this, perhaps a weight loss plan would be a good idea. sure, there's guys out there that like BBW's...and that's cool...to each their own. however, they're not the majority.

so...there's a few great steps that i've personally used to bring my fat to muscle ratio into better proportion. i eat less, but more often. try throwing an hour of cardio into your day. a walk, a light jog on a treadmill, take the stairs instead of the elevator if it's less than three floors. more often than not, it's not how much you eat...but *what* you eat. low fat, high carbs...never hurts to try at least.

i guess my problem, and why i can't be nice about this is that people are venting about how lonely they are because they're fat, and yet they won't be proactive about it...preferring to wait it out and hope that someone sees the person within before they see the person on the outside.
 Upgraded
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/20/2005 10:26:43 PM
i'd have to say that it's all in the way you carry the weight and how you carry yourself. perception goes along way and when someone stands out in a crowd you get noticed more whether it be weight, race, or anything else that makes you seem "different" to others. if you dress in ratty old sweatpants, a shapeless top, your hair has no discernable shape to it and you've got a cigarette dangling off your lower lip is that the type of statement you want to make? i see this all the time at the mall but i also see women of the same size and shape dressed very nicely, carrying themselves with pride, with a smile that lights them up. they don't have that worn down defeated look. and that goes for asll shapes and sizes too but what do the vast majority of those who judge notice. the big women and they tend to paint all with the same brush. looking like you try to take care of yourself you'll attract people, look like you've given up on yourself, now that's the unnattractive part.
so why do guys lie? it all boils down to simply, you aren't the one they're looking for. you might be big, you got along famously online but when you first met live and in person, any chance the presentation was somehow lacking. i'm usually the first person to admit i sometimes have my head up my ass but this is how i currently see things.
and guys, this goes for you too. think about presentation. and pull up your pants, everybody knows CRACK KILLS.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS IN DATING

Please send all hate mail to the round filing cabinet in the corner.
 Goddard
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/20/2005 11:07:14 PM
They lie because if they say the truth, they will be reviled and bashed, just as happens here. So, it's easier to lie.
 zgirl
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:11:47 AM
sargasm:

Just like "my job is not what makes me, it's just what I do" so includes this fat business. I never once ****ed about how I'm fat. I'm pissed because you sit there and think you know exactly what we need and why we need it. I'm just tired of people sitting around and telling us bigger gals what we need to do about our weight when there are a million things out there to worry about that are worse. If you're tired of us "****ing" about it, then don't post in the thread. Fuel to the fire. I am an opinionated gal. I've been there. People like you suck.
 corazondeleon
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/21/2005 9:06:09 AM
OK I'll "weigh in" on this topic that seems to stir up so much sh*t. I do like women with some meat on their bones and up top too! I don't however like th XL with multiple rolls of fat or spare tires. I'm not putting anyone down, just stating a preference. Rick
 SimpsonFan
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/21/2005 12:15:43 PM
I can't figure out if I enjoyed reading all 6 pages of this thread because it was interesting, or because I'm having a slow work day and didn't have anything better to do in the last 40 minutes. In any case, here are a few of my thoughts on this topic:

Big women are great to have sex with.....but they are embarassing to take out in public. I'm a shallow cheatin horn dog with a petite live in girlfriend but when I cheat I like to cheat with big soft women with pillowy breasts. go figure!

This is the most honesty I've ever seen in an online forum! At least this guy told the truth. As a big woman, with big women friends, I know that MANY GUYS will secretly or discreetly "be with" big women, but when it comes time for a serious relationship, they bolt. The reasons seem obvious to me, and I often feel sorry for big women that can't see "the writing on the wall".

Look... the quick and short of why a guy would get a BBW and then want her to change into a petite hottie is that most often guys are physically attracted to petite women, but mentally attracted to BBW's who more often than not are quite a bit nicer...

This was a good one too. Interesting thought that big women are "nicer". I run into this a lot too. Since I'm not one of those big women that will allow you to use me or hide me in the dark, I'm often treated with disdain from men that are completely and utterly shocked that I have a backbone and won't allow myself to be treated as a doormat. Oh well, just a thought!

this world would be so much better if we learned to love each other instead of constantly beating one and other up b/c of the outside...

This was the nicest one yet! Wouldn't it be great if we COULD do this? Unfortunately, the reality is, that won't happen. We're all shallow, superficial, prejudice, etc. (at least to some point), and I think it's important that we acknowledge the imperfections that we have because it's the only way that we can deal with them, and hopefully get over them.
--
Final thoughts: I always find it interesting the number of people that post to say that a topic like this has gone on too long, yet they contribute to the "foolishness" with their comments! It's hilarious! This just seems like one of those topics that goes ON and ON and nothing is ever accomplished, sort of like the "interracial dating" nonsense scattered throughout the forums.

Thanks for reading.
Registered, Card-carrying Fatist!
 SarGasm
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/21/2005 1:34:56 PM

Just like "my job is not what makes me, it's just what I do" so includes this fat business. I never once ****ed about how I'm fat. I'm pissed because you sit there and think you know exactly what we need and why we need it. I'm just tired of people sitting around and telling us bigger gals what we need to do about our weight when there are a million things out there to worry about that are worse. If you're tired of us "****ing" about it, then don't post in the thread. Fuel to the fire. I am an opinionated gal. I've been there. People like you suck.

dear, i'm not telling you that you should change...and i'm not upset that you're fat. i'm simply saying that if there are fat people out there whining about not being able to find someone, perhaps they should change the package they're offering.

if you're happy being overweight, then more power to you...there are guys out there who like that sort of thing. personally, i want more out of life, so i've increased my activity level and i don't eat as much as i used to. sure, i indulge from time to time, but i want the extra 15 pounds i have left on me to be gone...i want to see my abs again, so i'm doing something about it.
 Goddard
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/21/2005 1:40:01 PM

I'm just tired of people sitting around and telling us bigger gals what we need to do about our weight when there are a million things out there to worry about that are worse.

I've never met a guy who purposely goes to a fat woman and tells her to lose weight. But I've met several fat women demanding to know why a guy doesn't find them attractive, and then blowing off a gasket because the guy answered her honestly.
 corazondeleon
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:21:13 PM
Guy's lie about it because their friends taunt them like in the old schoolday's Some guys like me, like fat girls but not real fat or obease. You never know, (I don't) how fat until the moment of truth, then it's all your's like it or not. If it's too much for you then you are stuck in a "larger than life" situation. No offence intended.
 Rubylipstick
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:52:30 PM
Don't worry skinny guy lookin4fun, luxury sized women prefer men with intelligence and who can phase a proper sentence, so you are definately safe. Spelling, capitalization and punctuation count as well.
 kzcamp
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/21/2005 6:42:28 PM
I don't consider myself a BBW, but I'm not skinny. Losing weight since hubby left because I can eat what I want, or not eat if I don't want. I can cook veggies again! And no snacks around the house all the time. If I don't have to buy them, they're not there to tempt me. I feel more like exercising, too, since I'm not all depressed all the time, like I was when he was around. The most important thing is, I like me. I notice a couple of not-so-skinny guys here expressing a preference for slimmer women. That's ironic.

It's a fact, though, that it is harder for women to lose weight, because women are genetically programmed to have some fat on them. It's how we nourish the babies we bring in to the world. I always got back down to my 'fighting weight' after each kid, but I'm sure not as skinny as I was in high school. When I was in high school, tho, I thought I was fat. We just don't appreciate ourselves, ladies. Until we do that, men won't appreciate us, either. It's not them buying all the fashion mags!
 BellDiva
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:48:43 PM
Yeah not kidding huh?

I was absolutely digusted to read some of the comments in this forum. We as a society should be accepting differences in our society..not creating barriers and conflict. I think that instead of bashing out unintelligent arguments, certain people, need to seek major therapy and get a better sense of what is important in the world. And perhaps do some work on the meaning of self worth.

I myself weigh about 200 pounds. I am a beautiful person inside and out. And I walk through each day with absolute confidence and success. I take very good care of myself in regards to health..i work out about three times a week and I'm quite active. Nothing scares me..I've a very successful professional, I have an active sex/romantic life, i'm self sufficient,in my eyes my weight has no bearing on anything. In response to one gentlemans comment, "if people liked chubby girls why are they all single". I know personally that out of my group of friends about three of them are single, and they are all of average or thin weight. Perhaps this gentleman could provide more documentation to prove this fact.

A good relationship, which in my eyes consists of excellent commuication, sharing of interets, awesome sex..etc etc....really has nothing to do with looks. It has to do with self worth. For those who maybe aren't educated in that area..self worth is being confident and very self assured with who you are as a person..without a mirror. Those who do not have a good sense of their own self worth, will try to find a partner who is stereotypically beautiful, in order to hide their own insecurities and short comings. For example if someone feels poorly about themselves and maybe isnt classified as "attractive", they will more then likely try to find a partner that make them look better..and will go to any length to find that.

And one last comment...Its not going to be healthy but I gotta say it....

I'm a big beautiful woman.....I know who I am..I know I am a hottie, I have NO problem finding men. I respect myself and I know what I want. And I'm sure that a lot of other "BBW's" are doing the same thing as me. Come on all you Bootylicious babes...Flaunt it! Go after what you want....trust me...they will be lined up around the corner!
 Linerunner
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2005 9:15:59 PM
I don't lie about it. I never claim to at all. lol

Truth is I have a definite preference for petite girls, but they do not need to be models. I'm the guy who finds Willow far more attractive than Buffy. Or Fred over Cordelia. (And yes I watch too much Buffy and Angel lol)

Goddard
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/21/2005 9:21:26 PM
A good relationship, which in my eyes consists of excellent commuication, sharing of interets, awesome sex..etc etc....really has nothing to do with looks.

Ok, that's in your eyes. What if somebody else sees it with other eyes?

We as a society should be accepting differences in our society..not creating barriers and conflict. I think that instead of bashing out unintelligent arguments, certain people, need to seek major therapy and get a better sense of what is important in the world.

You just said that those guys that don't like fat women "not having a good sense of their own self worth", and "need to seek major therapy and get a better sense of what is important in the world".

Well, if I were to say that "those women who don't like me need to seek major therapy", most women here would say that I am a jerk... and they would be right.

You should practice what you preach, and accept the differences in our society... meaning, accept that there are guys who don't like fat women.

You see, that's one of the reasons why people lie about liking big women. They don't want to be lectured about what they should like, or to be called sick just because their tastes are not of your liking.
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/22/2005 4:19:32 AM
There is a major difference between..."prefering thin women" and being outright mean. Everyone has a preference and that is fine but there is no need to insult or belittle anyone based on their size. There are many people out there who won't even make eye contact with you if you are overweight...I can understand not wanting a relationship because of physical preference but have some manners people! I myself at least TRY to see the good in everyone.
 singguk
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/22/2005 6:39:53 AM
TO LADYJEWL
i dnt think that skinny or average body has any big difference ,yes bbw are a bit in minus position for some men but i think average are as fine as skinny ,but not too skinny ,
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do people lie about liking big women?