Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phishkev
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else? Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
No-not bored-there's always new and exciting avenues to explore! If you are bored, then you may be prone to BEING boring...maybe it's time to shake it up a little!
 daisymoon
Msg: 114
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else?
Posted: 10/2/2008 3:41:02 PM
Oh, yes!! Like a lot of other posters have said, I'm not exactly bored... more just fed up and jaded... Not that I've given up on dating completely, but I'm finding other things to do with my time. I'm really starting to enjoy my own company and that of my friends. It's not that I don't have anyone to date... just no one that I feel is worth the effort. Maybe I'm just getting lazy... or picky, I don't know. At this point, though, if I happen to meet someone and we click - great. If not, that's okay too. As for the FWB thing... I truly think that sometimes sex is the easy part.. but I don't want that, either.
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 2:19:40 AM
I certainly can relate to how you feel.

After awhile it gets to be a hastle and the simplest thing is staying single.
Maybe it is our age.
At this age I hardly think I'd "flip out" over any guys.

But who knows?

I get tired and slow down but still I hold out hope that I will not spend what's
left of this life alone.

Maybe I've adjusted to it but you know there's nothing better than having someone
who loves you in life.
 cpu_man
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 2:13:00 PM
Well, I was perfectly fine until you wondered if it was age. I'm 37! lol. I feel the same way you do, but I find it's more based on being bitter, jaded, and cynical for me. :)

My suggestion is, if you're okay w/ the way things are (not dating) then why change it?
 pucky
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/11/2008 4:10:57 PM
It's not just you, bro. I think we all go through times where we feel dating, sex, etc. is not worth the effort you spend to make it happen.
 beniandthejets
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/12/2008 9:50:51 AM
I'm not necessarily bored, but it's wearing me out. I'm tired!!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/13/2008 9:23:40 AM

Tired of answering the same questions and going over the same things again and again on dates.

At least with sex, you can mix it up a little.

Whereas dating. God no. Anytime I've been asked out on a date or done the asking, the discussion of where to go/what to do ALWAYS jumps into the typical categories. Dinner, movie, etc. BORING! Suggestions that come from outside of the box are always shot down.

When you do go out, the repetitiveness of it drives me directly insane. I hate the talking.. not ALL the talking, but the stuff I'm forced to rehash over and over again during my quest just frustrates me to no end. Enough to want to forget about the whole thing.

I am quite tempted just to post a huge "about me" section here OR on my web site and direct ANY man who is showing me interest to it simply so that I don't have to say all the same things over and over.

Yes even tired of meaningless sex, but I am not turning in my man card.

I'm NOT tired of sex and since I don't view any sex I've ever had as meaningless (even if NOT within a committed relationship), I think I'm safe from that feeling for awhile yet.
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/20/2010 7:48:05 PM
It simply boils into ...knowing the difference in being 'alone' and being 'lonely'...which I have come to think most are afraid of the latter...I am happy being alone, I know what lonely is and being alone is...I find comfort in being alone until I wish to share myself with another...sharing is key to not being lonely...for however long we wish it.

I wish you enough in finding yours,

spirit
 mysticaries
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/24/2010 12:00:13 PM
I usually only go out with/meet people that I find interesting, so I'm not bored with it.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/24/2010 12:14:46 PM
Dating for sex and its worth, it's complete garbage to be honest - been there done that plenty of times. It's a physical need that will be satisfied only temporarily. Since there's nothing long term in sight in most cases, you'll wind being more frustrated than the first time as days turn into weeks and possibly even months and you're still not "gettin' some". Having said that, it's better to stay away from it and look for quality rather than quantity. Of course, that's when things definitely become harder. There's a lot of trash out there.
 HeyJenny
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/11/2010 2:41:07 PM
Are you kidding, of course I get bored. Bored out of my freaking mind, so bored one night I made that the topic in a new thread here in the forums! It was a mistake I will never make again.

I have dated much because I ask myself if I can stand to sit there for the whole dinner with someone and the answer is usually no. Why would I subject myself to that for possibly a free meal? Dutch, whatever, I don't care it is not the point.

Snoozefest anyone?
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 6:45:00 AM
I've never gotten bored with dating and sex. Sure, I've had some boring dates and some boring sex, but those are isolated problems and have nothing to do with dating and sex themselves. Besides, worst case is I can have fun boring them with my old cherished stories and stale jokes! At least they're a new victim! LOL

My last date wasn't boring. I went out dancing with her and some of her friends. Her friend put her hand down my pants. Not boring, but a little shocking!! At least she didn't laugh. I may even see both of them again soon.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:57:46 PM
"Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else?"
----------------
Bored is probably not the right word to describe it. Sometimes it feels immoral because such a big part of the whole thing is filthy and nothing but a game. There's hardly any good in it. All it takes is a look around you to confirm it.

I agree with the poster above that no one else can make you complete. Too many people throw themselves out there without knowing what they want. They aren't ready for it and thus they hurt not only others but also themselves.
 MsMicki
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2010 7:56:54 PM
uhm...........boring sex?
someone ain't doing something right if it's boring!!

bored with dating?
no.......maybe been frustrated w/ dating.......but not bored.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/14/2010 11:51:19 AM
More frustrated than bored. Is it me, or does dating these days seem too much like a job interview? Job interviews, I usually don't like! Sometimes I just don't see the point of puting your pride and integrity on the line. But the most frustrating thing, is just geting to the actual date. I've been stood up, and all too often find it difficult to find people who can keep pre made plans. I just don't have the patience for this bs. If alot of people did this at their place of work, I doubt they would keep their job.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:11:27 PM
Ivy, I hear you. I've gotten a bit fed up and uninterested in the whole dating/online dating thing. Too many times, these guys are just looking for a hookup, no matter how they present themselves. NOthing wrong with just hooking up, but I'm not looking for that online, I know where to go if I need to get laid, lol.

Looking back over the past few years, I can see in retrospect that the best connections I had with guys happened very unexpectedly and not from the traditional online dating sites. Most of the ones I met online and who sounded great tuned out to be duds. YEsterday morning, I received a very surprising message from an old friend of mine who was visiting from out of town. Hadn't seen her in years, and she asked me to go out with her for NYE. I almost said no, because I was working and wanted to just stay home and relax. But I forced myself to go out, and had a BLAST. She also had another friend of her join us, and he and I hit if off and made plans to go out together again. He is "pre-qualified" because they've been friends (her husband's best friend) for decades, so I feel very much at ease around him. Something that I cant say about strangers from the internet.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/1/2015 8:15:44 PM
Honestly, the prospect of dating is more horrifying than anything else. For simple fact that I am horribly mismatched for that type of tedium, So yeah, boredom is a factor I have yet to begin to appreciate, knowing matches in personality being rare, and after this last ordeal. I usually tired of dishonesty, and immaturity, than I do from success/failure tedium.

Dating doesn't have to be a snoozefest, and if it is then you probably want to think about what you're attempting to get at. If it is simply to achieve sex, then you've taken the novelty associated with earning sex that encompasses a great degree of passion, as opposed to simply getting sex as the objective.

I don't know about snoozefest. but I know I will deal with expected trial and error. From the perspective of a guy who recently came to terms with significant loss with regard to substantial relationship.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:10:07 PM
I'm bored with people in general. This website is a joke and I only come here for the forums. I have absolutely no interest in dating can't imagine past the age of 40 you'd care to. The only reason to do so is if you have no family or friends around you to converse with.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:27:00 PM
I thought I was dead inside... sheeeit

I have limited access to friends and family, and my relationship and dating experiences have been either without purpose or as per recently been met with emotional agony. Though id be remiss if I stated it damaged me to any great degree, outside of emotional pain.

But typically the type of people who say they hate other people, are overly defensive in affirming an indifference.

But uh, yeah, strike 9? When will I stop following you - or responding with opinion.... you know, which ever description is accurate.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/2/2015 12:16:54 AM
I think the more accurate description is that I have grown tired of what is *involved* in establishing a relationship and everything that goes along with it. I miss sex, never bored with that-but the massive ordeal of even engaging men in small talk when I am out and about is an effort that is exhausting in itself. Online dating was packed with narcissistic lairs, fakes and flakes and a huge chunk of the male population is now married and busy raising kids. I was very proactive in my social life for some time there, going to parties, giving out my card, going on hikes and initiating conversation, suggesting going for coffee, etc and was simply repeatedly rejected or put in the friendzone.

It is too much work to date here in Los Angeles and sadly, after 5 years of being single, I realize that I am not even "chasing" after anything that is WORTH all this time, energy and disappointment.

Or, maybe, that's a GOOD thing to realize.
 cooldog65
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 12:33:21 AM
I think it's this whole hooking up culture that I feel disconnected from. I'm a one woman monogamous kind of guy and I feel that bouncing around from woman to woman is empty. I would never experience emotional intimacy this way.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:31:47 AM
I'm bored because I'm not intellectually stimulated. I have decided to return to school in the next school year and learn something entirely different.

As far as relationships are concerned, I'm not bored with my singularity and I refuse to add any "fill in" temporary arrangements to my life. It's not conducive to my good psychological health...and in all areas of my life, I should be able to forge my own independence without using people for sex. There may come a time I'll meet a person most suitable for me and I, for him, and this is my relationship goal, until then I'll treat every interaction as a learning experience and not become discouraged.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 152
Posted: 1/2/2015 4:10:09 AM
Tired of the whole first meet and question period...I feel excited to be in a relationship till I am In one( if that makes any sense)...then I miss being single again more...right now I just feel more content alone.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:55:23 AM

I thought I was dead inside... sheeeit

If hotdog's really in Pittsburgh, that would explain it. I spent just 20 years there and look at me. Maybe hotdog needs to move to a sunnier clime.

On topic, no. Life is good.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/2/2015 7:51:49 AM
Bored with sex? Let me tell you....

Oh wait. This is not the sex forum so I will abstain from talking.

If you are bored about something, change it. If you are afraid how your partner will respond, then while having coffee or breakfast ask them how they would feel if you did that to them. It's amazing what happens when you verbalize your desires.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >