Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 152
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else? Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Tired of the whole first meet and question period...I feel excited to be in a relationship till I am In one( if that makes any sense)...then I miss being single again more...right now I just feel more content alone.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 153
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else?
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:55:23 AM

I thought I was dead inside... sheeeit

If hotdog's really in Pittsburgh, that would explain it. I spent just 20 years there and look at me. Maybe hotdog needs to move to a sunnier clime.

On topic, no. Life is good.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/2/2015 7:51:49 AM
Bored with sex? Let me tell you....

Oh wait. This is not the sex forum so I will abstain from talking.

If you are bored about something, change it. If you are afraid how your partner will respond, then while having coffee or breakfast ask them how they would feel if you did that to them. It's amazing what happens when you verbalize your desires.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:03:30 AM
I've lived elsewhere and its overhyped to leave your hometown for weather alone. Like most of the NE, SW PA is overcast in the winter. Couldn't imagine living in overpopulated, overpriced and super hot places in the summer year around. My family and friends here are my life not complete strangers in new towns.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:04:40 AM
Well, if you're happy ...

And the Pittsburgh area is overcast and miserable year round.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:43:27 AM
I've lived in some pretty bad places, El Paso TX - Youngstown OH - and

Lawton Oklahoma being the most seedy and disgusting, and I was only there for AIT. But it was so gross, that massage parlors were blacklisted and going to them cause for UCMJ action. The people seemed to just want to suck the life force from your soul. The cab drivers would rip you off, the bar tenders wouldn't serve you unless you continually tipped. A friend of mine ended up sleeping with a really gross women from said bar, and not using protection. I walked into the hotel room which was split to see her dressing and my friend literally pouring tequila on his penis to I guess kill the aids.

The icing on the cake was that a soldier in my bay went to a strip club and ended up with pink eye. Well it was a group of soldiers, and one soldier paid like 10 dollars or something absurd and the stripper basically put his face in her butt.
That caused him to get pink eye, which caused the bay to go into a pandemic. Luckily I never got it, but I've never seen pink eye so gross. Just really bad pink eye, really bad... from a really gross stripper.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/2/2015 8:48:53 AM

The people seemed to just want to suck the life force from your soul.

Lotta folks want to suck the life force out of those of us who have a life force because they have none, no life, no life force.

Great post. Ever been stuck at Benning? I think Disgusta was the worst place I've ever lived. Six months and felt like 20 years and still seems like yesterday.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:15:05 AM
lol thanks curiousindb - Really good way to explain how time is relative, and army time being a horrifying example of how idle time in a garbage hole of a location translates to causing you to live longer than necessary, for no good reason. Were you married to a soldier?

Yeah, freaky stuff with locations around posts, I don't know if its the poverty level pay for enlisted soldiers, or the accompanied stupidity associated with what they do with that poverty pay. But strip clubs are often a product of a army post, and in bliss Mexican women would try to marry soldiers for health insurance and ? but yeah, you get a bunch of type a personalities - give them some money - and the surrounding location changes per demand.

Sometimes its a ghost town with a long road leading to relative population. Other times its like Lawton. I had never been to ft. Benning, though I recall hearing nothing but bad about it from infantry. I think the only decent locations for Army are Hawaii, S Korea, and Germany... at least for field artillery.

Toward the end of my career, I was doing 24 hours on 24 hours off in a small office by myself with no authorized entertainment. So I literally spent about 4 months in some god awful situation praying that the medboard is quickly assembled before madness set in. I was injured badly and had several surgeries.. but severe to the point that they decided to declare me non-retainable.

Which led me to being non-useful, which probably did some psychological damage from sleep deprivation + social isolation and for the simple fact that I knew what I was in for... only it could have been anywhere from 4 months to 8 months. My injury promoting my status to expedited, regardless - I knew the toll, it was evident with every ticking second.

So I was put to work every other day for 24 hours a day without getting a day off, unless you count the entire next day which was a process of horrible sleep and not actually amounting to anything remotely close to what a day off is. My duty was to answer a phone, so you could direct the caller to the family readiness group.

Because the phone rang 3 times in total - all army wives - and all complaining that their husband somehow spent all the bank account money over seas and you know drama you can't understand or possible comprehend as your mind ebbs in terror as minutes turn to decades, decades to eternities.

I think I went mad a few times, but yeah I did that all for 3 phone calls about nonsense. But you know, duty calls right? lol
 Dee4166
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:25:07 AM
Not bored, as many have mentioned, more frustrated, annoyed and fed up!!!! LOL

It all starts to seem absurd after a while, trying to find someone to "relate to", when I barely have time and/or energy for myself and am living largely on auto-pilot for the last 3 yrs., any way....
I had removed myself from dating almost as soon as I started again, for those very reasons, but ended up hearing from an ex who I ended up reconciling with briefly before the Holidays....
Well, THAT didn't work out well, for all of the reasons that I realized that I didn't want to date even before making that 'stellar' decision...lol

I've come to the conclusion that I'm either depressed, burnt out or suffering from SAD, these days...as my outlook is pretty negative on most things, and my patience is thin all around and when I DO actually have time to myself, I seem to spend the majority of it sleeping and trying to recoup my energy, just so I can go out and tackle yet another week of Hell and problems and issues, etc.

I'm tired of my own complaints and need a new Life...so dating...well, yeah, that seems to be slipping further and further down the priority list....
As far as "sharing" my Life with someone, well, that is something that I wouldn't want to do to my worst enemy, never mind someone that I LIKED!!!! lol
 basilisk123
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:43:50 AM
Can't be bored with something you could never get, have, or attain in the first place. Got to the point, were I felt like it isn't even worth trying anymore. Hell, I can't even have friends, much less a date.
 Walts
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:45:28 AM
Supposedly it's the "journey" to the "goal" that makes things a little more "worthy", not just the goal itself.

Well, I guess this journey of mine is meeting that little definition , though, I do question it sometimes. It definitely isn't "boring" and I have discovered quite a few things along the way, so the value is there, if I want to see it that way. I'm still learning and discovering and just when I feel to rant about "all", I do meet or discover someone/something that eliminates the "all" out of my potential rant. (some should really take notice of this)

There are times when it is best for all of those involved for me to pull myself away, or at least, aside and take a different look or view of what is going on in front of me. Perspective comes to mind here. And with that, the "understanding" enters. I do understand some of the rants and biatching but, I wonder how long people can keep looking backwards, and still keep biatching. There should be a time limit shouldn't there?????

I do get the "frustration" part too. When that frustration gets too much, it is time to pull back again. (you can do this as many times as needed) But, when re entering I finally clued into that I have to rethink a few things, or that frustration will reappear.

I'm not asking for a whole lot in my search for my "connection" but, as I have found out from my experiences, it IS a lot in some people's minds. So, the question I have to face, is do I drop the "expectations" to something lower than I already have, and accept that I am asking a little too much, or do I continue to dream and wish???? I will continue to believe, and though I don't "know" (who really does????) that my dreams and wishes will happen, I don't think I will ever close my eyes and mind to the possibilities.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/2/2015 10:04:35 AM

lol thanks curiousindb - Really good way to explain how time is relative, and army time being a horrifying example of how idle time in a garbage hole of a location translates to causing you to live longer than necessary, for no good reason. Were you married to a soldier?

Wanna laugh? Military academy grad.

The military sucks the life out of people in more ways than one all over the planet.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:39:52 PM
Oh cool, theres no shame in that - you graduated and although I don't know how it compares to active duty versions of basic training per branch. I know what the training provided me. The total experience has provided contrast to my life that ill never forget. But the training - it was such an initial shock to the system.

You know the general idea of 9-5 kind of goes out the window in the Army. The raw cold of January and standing in formation watching the sun come up and go down because there was a surge of enlistment and quarters were delayed. I think it was 3 days of no sleep 4 if you consider the night before was a bit energy provoking so I couldn't sleep.

But yeah just understanding what it means to truly be in a situation from civilian to soldier in training. Understanding what it means to be cold, tired, demeaned, ridiculed, the pain of constant muscle failure, the hunger, the sleep which was the only reprieve and always short lived... just really indicative of suck and knowing a new level of suck. It gives you strength I think with regard to becoming adjusted to deal with extremes. But the shock was truly the best part.

How was training like for cadets?
 Dee4166
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:26:26 PM
Hey Walts...I DO hear you...

Seems like "Mission Impossible" at times....and yes, I've wondered if I, myself, am being "too picky" as well....

I've done the 'step back' thing, and the rethinking thing and (sometimes it feels like...) EVERYTHING....and then just when I start to feel like I've "recovered" from the last one and am ready to jump into the fray again, Life gets in the way, AGAIN....LOL

Sometimes it feels like my "karma" is about something ENTIRELY different than the "norm"....
I'd be pretty p.o.'d, if I believed in that sort of thing....LOL

For me I've pretty much given up on finding someone who I am actually really compatible with at this point in my Life...Seems like it's been MANY years since I felt that way about anyone....and with the many plates I'm currently spinning in the air...I really don't know if I have the time and/or energy anymore....for anything more than getting through daily Life....
Yup...it SUCKS the Big Hairy One....
 Maleman999
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:52:36 PM
I'm still waiting for that "least expect it" moment, from the people who are always saying: "You will find your dream mate when you least expect it". I haven't been expecting that for a long time, and here I am, still not expecting.
 activemelaney
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 6:04:25 PM
No, I always liked dating and the anticipation of meeting my dream guy. Now that I'm in a relationship not bored with going out and not bored with sex. Doing the former this evening, hopefully the latter afterwards. I like to get dressed up, always have. Look forward to the weekends just like I did when 16 years old. I only went on a couple of OLD dates but liked the anticipation. Would this be my future partner? Today, I'd more likely meet him through a Meet Up group as there is something social going on virtually every day...hikes, coed sports, dance lessons.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:25:27 AM
I'm glad you finally left Pittsburgh the quality of the area went up 100 percent. People here can sense fake people pretty easily.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:30:19 AM
While the anticipation of the date is fun, the anticipation of a mind blowing and exhilarating ending is more exciting.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/3/2015 10:29:29 AM
Cv, so sorry for your wasted response to my military academy education. I left one little word out there: "married". I married a grad. You know what, though? I can think of at least one person here who probably had trouble processing that little bit of mis-info last night and no doubt lost some sleep over it. I'll try not to be so careless in the future.

I'm glad you finally left Pittsburgh the quality of the area went up 100 percent. People here can sense fake people pretty easily.

That's funny coming from you, hotdog/Christmas.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:23:44 AM
lovereading, I can so relate to what you wrote. Since about July/August, I've felt this way. I just didn't get excited anymore about meeting anyone. I did meet this one guy in September, but things have been weird between us and it's just too much work, and I'm not motivated enough to fix things. I'd rather spend time with my kids and my friends (waves at jessiebunnies - love talking to her). I've been focusing a lot more on myself and what I like to do. I still got plenty of messages on POF and OKC and Match, but I was just like meh. Took my profile down here in October. Still went on a few dates off other dating websites (Tinder and OKC - Match is a totat joke). Met some very nice guys around my age that were good relationship material, but didn't move my needle. Then had several weeks of nothing, by choice. I guess what I'd really like at this point is meet someone offline, who will really knock me over and gives me the WOW effect. I have decided to finally do it and go out more. A different place every Saturday night, starting this spring when it's not so cold anymore. I don't like to go out when it's cold, don't like to bundle up and then worry where to put my coat when I'm in a place.

Anyways, you never know, I do have a dinner date tonight. He looks gorgeous and seems very nice, and we've had some good conversations. We are into the same things, and he sounds like fun to hang out with .
 Maleman999
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:38:36 AM

I'm still not interested in going on a bunch of meaningless dates though; that's why I have "relationship" as my preference.

You won't know if they're meaningless until you're on the date. That's the whole purpose of first meets-to see if there's anything worth pursuing afterwards. Sitting at home and waiting for your knight in shining armor to drop from the sky onto your lap doesn't usually work. How do you get to the "relationship" stage without dating? Are you after a mail order husband?
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:50:08 AM
You won't know if they're meaningless until you're on the date.

---

That is true. That's why I force myself to accept and go out on dates, even when I just feel like staying at home and watching a movie. The last few guys that ended up really liking started out with me being very hesitant to even meet them. The guy that I really went crazy about, I almost stood him up for our first meet because it was cold and wet outside, and I didn't feel like getting dolled up and going out to meet some stranger. And that turned out to be one of the best nights of my life. So yeah, you never know.
 basilisk123
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 3:34:58 PM
"Are you after a mail order husband?"-maleman999

I come with a shipping and handling fee. Some assembly required. Sense of humor is not included.
 cooldog65
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 7:30:13 PM
From Karma...

I just didn't get excited anymore about meeting anyone. I did meet this one guy in September, but things have been weird between us and it's just too much work, and I'm not motivated enough to fix things.

I'm still not very motivated to meet anybody. I'm slowly coming around, but my last on/off relationship of 7 years took a lot out of me. I spent too many years always being the only one trying to fix this relationship when things were shaky. It must be the Aquarius in me.

I guess what I'd really like at this point is meet someone offline, who will really knock me over and gives me the WOW effect.

After seeing some of the big beastly broads that have have messaged me recently, I completely understand how you felt about the out of shape older guys messaging you.

I see offline as the easier way to go. My height seems to matter less. Online, because they want to wear their stilettos, I'm a few inches short...

In height.
 DietFree
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:50:06 PM

I come with a shipping and handling fee. Some assembly required.

She can always get bigger parts for better assembly :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >