Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else? Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Can't be bored with something you could never get, have, or attain in the first place. Got to the point, were I felt like it isn't even worth trying anymore. Hell, I can't even have friends, much less a date.
 Walts
Msg: 162
Do you ever get bored with dating, sex, and everything else?
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:45:28 AM
Supposedly it's the "journey" to the "goal" that makes things a little more "worthy", not just the goal itself.

Well, I guess this journey of mine is meeting that little definition , though, I do question it sometimes. It definitely isn't "boring" and I have discovered quite a few things along the way, so the value is there, if I want to see it that way. I'm still learning and discovering and just when I feel to rant about "all", I do meet or discover someone/something that eliminates the "all" out of my potential rant. (some should really take notice of this)

There are times when it is best for all of those involved for me to pull myself away, or at least, aside and take a different look or view of what is going on in front of me. Perspective comes to mind here. And with that, the "understanding" enters. I do understand some of the rants and biatching but, I wonder how long people can keep looking backwards, and still keep biatching. There should be a time limit shouldn't there?????

I do get the "frustration" part too. When that frustration gets too much, it is time to pull back again. (you can do this as many times as needed) But, when re entering I finally clued into that I have to rethink a few things, or that frustration will reappear.

I'm not asking for a whole lot in my search for my "connection" but, as I have found out from my experiences, it IS a lot in some people's minds. So, the question I have to face, is do I drop the "expectations" to something lower than I already have, and accept that I am asking a little too much, or do I continue to dream and wish???? I will continue to believe, and though I don't "know" (who really does????) that my dreams and wishes will happen, I don't think I will ever close my eyes and mind to the possibilities.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/2/2015 10:04:35 AM

lol thanks curiousindb - Really good way to explain how time is relative, and army time being a horrifying example of how idle time in a garbage hole of a location translates to causing you to live longer than necessary, for no good reason. Were you married to a soldier?

Wanna laugh? Military academy grad.

The military sucks the life out of people in more ways than one all over the planet.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:39:52 PM
Oh cool, theres no shame in that - you graduated and although I don't know how it compares to active duty versions of basic training per branch. I know what the training provided me. The total experience has provided contrast to my life that ill never forget. But the training - it was such an initial shock to the system.

You know the general idea of 9-5 kind of goes out the window in the Army. The raw cold of January and standing in formation watching the sun come up and go down because there was a surge of enlistment and quarters were delayed. I think it was 3 days of no sleep 4 if you consider the night before was a bit energy provoking so I couldn't sleep.

But yeah just understanding what it means to truly be in a situation from civilian to soldier in training. Understanding what it means to be cold, tired, demeaned, ridiculed, the pain of constant muscle failure, the hunger, the sleep which was the only reprieve and always short lived... just really indicative of suck and knowing a new level of suck. It gives you strength I think with regard to becoming adjusted to deal with extremes. But the shock was truly the best part.

How was training like for cadets?
 Dee4166
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:26:26 PM
Hey Walts...I DO hear you...

Seems like "Mission Impossible" at times....and yes, I've wondered if I, myself, am being "too picky" as well....

I've done the 'step back' thing, and the rethinking thing and (sometimes it feels like...) EVERYTHING....and then just when I start to feel like I've "recovered" from the last one and am ready to jump into the fray again, Life gets in the way, AGAIN....LOL

Sometimes it feels like my "karma" is about something ENTIRELY different than the "norm"....
I'd be pretty p.o.'d, if I believed in that sort of thing....LOL

For me I've pretty much given up on finding someone who I am actually really compatible with at this point in my Life...Seems like it's been MANY years since I felt that way about anyone....and with the many plates I'm currently spinning in the air...I really don't know if I have the time and/or energy anymore....for anything more than getting through daily Life....
Yup...it SUCKS the Big Hairy One....
 Maleman999
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:52:36 PM
I'm still waiting for that "least expect it" moment, from the people who are always saying: "You will find your dream mate when you least expect it". I haven't been expecting that for a long time, and here I am, still not expecting.
 activemelaney
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 6:04:25 PM
No, I always liked dating and the anticipation of meeting my dream guy. Now that I'm in a relationship not bored with going out and not bored with sex. Doing the former this evening, hopefully the latter afterwards. I like to get dressed up, always have. Look forward to the weekends just like I did when 16 years old. I only went on a couple of OLD dates but liked the anticipation. Would this be my future partner? Today, I'd more likely meet him through a Meet Up group as there is something social going on virtually every day...hikes, coed sports, dance lessons.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:25:27 AM
I'm glad you finally left Pittsburgh the quality of the area went up 100 percent. People here can sense fake people pretty easily.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:30:19 AM
While the anticipation of the date is fun, the anticipation of a mind blowing and exhilarating ending is more exciting.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/3/2015 10:29:29 AM
Cv, so sorry for your wasted response to my military academy education. I left one little word out there: "married". I married a grad. You know what, though? I can think of at least one person here who probably had trouble processing that little bit of mis-info last night and no doubt lost some sleep over it. I'll try not to be so careless in the future.

I'm glad you finally left Pittsburgh the quality of the area went up 100 percent. People here can sense fake people pretty easily.

That's funny coming from you, hotdog/Christmas.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:23:44 AM
lovereading, I can so relate to what you wrote. Since about July/August, I've felt this way. I just didn't get excited anymore about meeting anyone. I did meet this one guy in September, but things have been weird between us and it's just too much work, and I'm not motivated enough to fix things. I'd rather spend time with my kids and my friends (waves at jessiebunnies - love talking to her). I've been focusing a lot more on myself and what I like to do. I still got plenty of messages on POF and OKC and Match, but I was just like meh. Took my profile down here in October. Still went on a few dates off other dating websites (Tinder and OKC - Match is a totat joke). Met some very nice guys around my age that were good relationship material, but didn't move my needle. Then had several weeks of nothing, by choice. I guess what I'd really like at this point is meet someone offline, who will really knock me over and gives me the WOW effect. I have decided to finally do it and go out more. A different place every Saturday night, starting this spring when it's not so cold anymore. I don't like to go out when it's cold, don't like to bundle up and then worry where to put my coat when I'm in a place.

Anyways, you never know, I do have a dinner date tonight. He looks gorgeous and seems very nice, and we've had some good conversations. We are into the same things, and he sounds like fun to hang out with .
 Maleman999
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:38:36 AM

I'm still not interested in going on a bunch of meaningless dates though; that's why I have "relationship" as my preference.

You won't know if they're meaningless until you're on the date. That's the whole purpose of first meets-to see if there's anything worth pursuing afterwards. Sitting at home and waiting for your knight in shining armor to drop from the sky onto your lap doesn't usually work. How do you get to the "relationship" stage without dating? Are you after a mail order husband?
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:50:08 AM
You won't know if they're meaningless until you're on the date.

---

That is true. That's why I force myself to accept and go out on dates, even when I just feel like staying at home and watching a movie. The last few guys that ended up really liking started out with me being very hesitant to even meet them. The guy that I really went crazy about, I almost stood him up for our first meet because it was cold and wet outside, and I didn't feel like getting dolled up and going out to meet some stranger. And that turned out to be one of the best nights of my life. So yeah, you never know.
 basilisk123
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 3:34:58 PM
"Are you after a mail order husband?"-maleman999

I come with a shipping and handling fee. Some assembly required. Sense of humor is not included.
 cooldog65
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 7:30:13 PM
From Karma...

I just didn't get excited anymore about meeting anyone. I did meet this one guy in September, but things have been weird between us and it's just too much work, and I'm not motivated enough to fix things.

I'm still not very motivated to meet anybody. I'm slowly coming around, but my last on/off relationship of 7 years took a lot out of me. I spent too many years always being the only one trying to fix this relationship when things were shaky. It must be the Aquarius in me.

I guess what I'd really like at this point is meet someone offline, who will really knock me over and gives me the WOW effect.

After seeing some of the big beastly broads that have have messaged me recently, I completely understand how you felt about the out of shape older guys messaging you.

I see offline as the easier way to go. My height seems to matter less. Online, because they want to wear their stilettos, I'm a few inches short...

In height.
 DietFree
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:50:06 PM

I come with a shipping and handling fee. Some assembly required.

She can always get bigger parts for better assembly :)
 Qura
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 7:13:57 AM
I like people, and I like myself better when I am kind, so although I have not met one person in my post-divorce dating life who interested me enough to meet him a 2nd time, I have had "pleasant" experiences. Calm, relaxed, easy--but no sparks. So while I would not say I was "bored" with dating, I will say I have been generally uninspired--and given how much else goes on in my life, with work and friends and kids and pets and my own interests, well, the willingness to take another chance on such an evening has greatly receded.

While I'd love to feel those sparks again, I'm not so eager that I'd pass up time to do the stuff I *know* will feel really good in favor of the stuff that will feel . . . ok.
 kj521
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/4/2015 9:20:00 AM
I wouldn't say bored.....frustrated, elated, disappointed, hopeful, and resigned at times....

Understanding the difficulty of finding that perfectly imperfect person meant for each of us came to me under unusual circumstances. In happened in a waiting room. Trying to fill the time and calm the anxiety and fear as I waited for my husband's brain surgery to be completed.....I started working on a puzzle. I hadn't really noticed it before and you think I would after all the hospital, doctor's, chemo and radiation visits we had been to.... but there seemed to always be a table set up with a puzzle in progress.

As I began my distraction I was a tiny bit annoyed as the frame of the puzzle was complete leaving the much more difficult inside pieces to be completed. And I will admit I don't always posses the gift of patience. Regardless, I forged ahead and carefully chose a portion of the puzzle to begin my work. I methodically searched piece after piece and amazingly it was working! I was not watching the clock and although still filled with anxiety....it was manageable.

A hour must have gone by this way when I realized my pile of possible puzzle pieces was dwindling. Just as I was about to get angry, thinking that it was just my luck to be looking for....yep....you guessed it.......the only missing piece.....I found it! The colors were right and the shape looked perfect. The satisfaction of finding it was a fleeting second of pure joy!

I say fleeting because that's what it was. There one second and gone the next when I tried to fit it into its' rightful place. It was so close....and even though I better....I kept fooling myself. Maybe if I just pushed it in a little harder or maybe....just maybe....it really was the right piece suffering from a manufacture defect. Oh....the things you try to convince yourself of when you place such a high value of importance on it.

Defeat did not sit well with me at that moment.. I really....really.... wanted to upend the entire table and tear all the pieces apart that others had so carefully put together. I knew I was being irrational and it was misdirected anger, fear, and helplessness but I didn't care at that moment. It was all that stupid puzzles fault! And the idiotic designers! I mean.....seriously.....who designs a puzzle with so many freaking pieces that you have to be a genius or some kind of puzzle put together expert!

So.....yeah.....I was in surgical waiting room.....so I didn't do that. I simply walked away. I went outside for a few minutes and reflected on that puzzle and what it was representing to me at that particular moment in time. All kinds of thoughts came and went and upon my return it was with a lighter heart that I resumed my search for that elusive piece.

I did eventually find that piece. And while it still elicited excitement.....this time.....it was mixed with a sense of peace and contentment. But I also knew in that moment, what it would feel like when it was time to take those pieces apart and put away that box.......

Wishes and hopes to all those looking for that imperfectly perfect puzzle piece!

It really is worth the search.....and then some! :)
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/4/2015 12:31:08 PM
cooldog, I'm a hobby astrologer and I consult with professional astrologers. Most Aquarians are going to find lasting love in 2015/2016 because of Jupiter's placement during that time. So there is hope. From what that lady told me specifically for my birth chart, it'll be someone significantly younger and possibly someone I already know. There is also a foreign element involved. The interesting thing is, Im going to Germany in June, and the guy I was head over heels for is stationed in Germany, very close to where my family lives. Sounds like I might run into him again, but who knows. It's exciting to see what happens.

And yes, I get a lot of messages from overweight older biker guys - it puzzles me. I hate to set up age restrictions, because there are certainly older men that fit my criteria, but these guys really annoy the crap out of me.
 MommasLittleBoy
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/4/2015 12:41:27 PM
Good points for sure
 south_city
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/4/2015 12:56:38 PM
Bored? No. Frustrated at times? Yes.
 cooldog65
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:57:23 PM
cooldog, I'm a hobby astrologer and I consult with professional astrologers. Most Aquarians are going to find lasting love in 2015/2016 because of Jupiter's placement during that time.

I'm rooting for Jupiter as long as Uranus doesn't make an ass of itself. Just kidding...Couldn't resist.

Interesting what my astrological future would be. My 40s was somewhat chaotic relationship wise.

As for travel...I'm looking to go to Japan in the next couple of years.

Thanks fellow Aquarian Karma.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/5/2015 6:35:33 AM
I think there is so much posturing & posing associated w/ dating, particularly w/ OLD, that after a while, if someone doesn't make a connection that is suitable/lasting, they would get weary of it.

At that point, it would be wise to take a break & re-evaluate one's self & perhaps fine-tune themselves, their method/approach, or even criterias/standards.

If a person is not getting anywhere, there is some sort of change they need to make, or just be more patient.
 OtisGreening
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/8/2015 3:27:11 PM
Yes. I've been on several online dates since November and all of them wanted to go on a second one but I wasn't feeling them enough to see them again. I don't know why I bother. That's what happens when I go on dates with strangers.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/8/2015 4:31:25 PM
That's what happens when I go on dates with strangers.

Ill trade you Monterey for San Diego... nobody lives here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >