Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DrekAitken
Msg: 252
how would you react if your son /daughter told you they where gay Page 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Some of the responses in this thread are why I haven't and don't know when/if I will tell my parents I am gay...
 compleat_man
Msg: 262
how would you react if your son /daughter told you they where gay
Posted: 1/12/2009 6:57:21 AM

The only haters I see are the ones that cant accept a person not bleiveing (sic) in gays and lesbians. Your the ones who hate. I do not hate them.

uh-huh..that's what the KKK says about black people, Jews, homosexuals, Catholics, and anyone else they don't approve of..

they don't hate them, just want to get rid of them..or "send them back where they came from"

that's also what many nazi SS members said about Jews, homosexuals, and other "Lesser Beings" (according to them..they didn't hate them, just wanted to rid the earth of them, exterminate them..

you do know that it wasn't that long ago, there were laws against black & white people marrying in the USA..I read a heart-breaking story about a 'mixed couple; who were in love but had to sneak into a neighboring state, where it was 'legal' to get married (in 1968)..when they moved back to their home state and were found out, the man was jailed for a year..is that insane, or not? well I certainly think so.

recall the words of pastor Martin Niemöller who lived through the nazi era in Germany.

hope you MIGHT listen to him since he was a (white) (aryan) minister:

"When the Nazis came for the mentally ill,
I remained silent;
I was not one of them.

When they came for the homosexuals,
I remained silent;
I was not one of them.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.."

really..read it..think about it..

LoneStarstar I get your point..I concur with the other posters..you are beautiful inside & out ;)
 cw35
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:22:34 AM
kirota: I don't think I'd waste a lot of energy trying to analyze kitten's ideas. She's a biggot, spells like a 5 year old and lives in alabama. My guess is her family tree only has one branch if you get what I'm saying. I can only assume that she has such disdain for homosexuality because gay people must not be known for their banjo skills or something. Scary how some people still think the way they do in this day and age.
 compleat_man
Msg: 268
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:31:29 AM

I don't think I'd waste a lot of energy trying to analyze kitten's ideas. She's a biggot, spells like a 5 year old and lives in alabama. My guess is her family tree only has one branch if you get what I'm saying. I can only assume that she has such disdain for homosexuality because gay people must not be known for their banjo skills or something. Scary how some people still think the way they do in this day and age.

LOL :)

some people also think that black people should "stay with their own kind" so they don't meet with 'adverse reactions'..
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 269
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:33:01 AM
Don't have a kid, but if I did - I'd probably be relieved and not have to worry about them getting someone pregnant/getting pregnant themselves prematurely.

-shrug-
 rdcnorm
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/12/2009 9:38:38 AM
OP. My opinion is, good for you and your daughter.

I was asked many questions before I was able to adopt my son, one of those questions was, What do you want your son to be when he grows up. the answer was simple for me,,,

What I want, is my son to be happy, therefore, He can be what ever he wants to be, from a carpenter to a lawyer, anything in between is fine with me..I said I don't care if he is straight or guy, make no difference to me,,

If he has love and someone loves him, I'm all for his choices.. I can't think of anything more I would want for my son, than his happiness, 'I' also have selfish reasons for what I say,, my mind and heart will be put to rest, when I meet my God,,knowing my son is happy and in love, with a man or a woman..

It's not up to me to choose who he loves, or what makes him happy,,
 Quazi 100
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 10:33:45 AM

What is the common thread in all things "gay"? Rebellion Don't think so? Here's a factoid. The leading suicidal people in the world over are gays. The leading pedophile cases throughout the world involve gay males. The leading cases of clergy-related sexual misconducts in the world...wait for it... "confused" males.

I don't have children.

My parents both had some mental health issues.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your statement....

What I'm getting is that *in most cases* young children start to rebel against parents/authority figures....and the ultimate rebellion down the road is choosing same sex partners?......which suggests that homosexuality is *in most cases* nurture vs nature.......interesting....

Except for the case I mentioned in an earlier post, the homosexuals I know (including a couple of family members) have said that they "knew" at a fairly young age that they were different....What's your take on that?

I'm not saying it isn't possible and doesn't happen, but if gays lead the pack in suicides, they have mental health issues as well as being gay. I have knowledge of a number of suicides, and none of the people involved were gay.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:34:28 PM

I apologize, because part ot my post didn't go through. Nonetheless, I'll just say this. I don't mean to misrepresent being straight. Nor do I mean to mischaracterize being gay. I'm in no position to judge. God will judge me one day, as He will all of you. That's truly the best I can say of this situation.

Lastly, I could swear that the op was the one who stated whether or not she condoned this, which it seems she did, if I read this all correctly.

Kirota, you're welcome, you do have great eyes. Lonestarstar, sorry, I didn't mean to be so incomplete in my post. I try hard to be thorough in everything I say and write. Everyone...sorry. Carry on.

Danz goes away now.

Aw, man....this was just getting good.

What are you apologizing to everyone for? You didn't do anything wrong....we're having a debate.....

I really don't believe that anyone meant anything personal, they were addressing your posts...and Lonestarstar ended her post by calling you *darling*...that suggests friendly rivalry to me....

Please come back and play.
 MsMicki
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:24:16 PM

kirota said. "You will only except your child if the child does things that you approve of"

kittenhere:the answer is I will accept my child and love my child no matter what they do.

Girl......u do more back stepping than a country line dancer!

let me show you some of your posts........

kittenhere:It would be a choice for my child that I simply would not accept.

Op did the right thing. Its just I myself couldnt have been as easy going as op.

I saw a movie on tv of a true story that happen in real life. It was sad becuase the son was gay and told his parents. they did not accept him and threw him out of house. The boy ended up committing suicide. it was sad story. unfortuantely I guess I would be like the parents in that movie.

All in all my children would know better than to come and tell me such a thing. I'm sure I would be the last person they would tell.

If my child came and told me something bad like that I would truely not care how they felt becuase my anger would be too overwelming to worry with how they felt.

Now .......tell us again how u would be the accepting parent.......
I just love watching your a$$ lips move as u speak.......
 MsMicki
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:59:04 PM

kittenhere: You cannot accept something if you dont understand it..How can you??

I answered this once for you.....it's called compassion.
Do u need the definition of compassion to understand it?
 rdcnorm
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/12/2009 6:18:51 PM
I am just uncomfortable around them. Can I help feeling this way..........no I cant. Should I be bashed for feeling this way...No I shouldn't.

Have you ever wondered how many gay men and women you have met, and not even known it,, I bet you felt comfortable,, the only differace is once you know,, your bigotry sets in,, You use the words "them" and "homo's" as if their is something wrong with men and woman who are gay,,

One thing I find shocking is this,,

I'm closed minded...well to things I don't agree with yes...Am I suppose to do or accept something that I'm against just because someone else thinks I should?

That sounds like a child talking,, we may not agree with many things,, but to have a closed mind,, that really is a sad state of mind,, how will you ever learn, if you don't open yourself up to other opinions of others, how people live different than you and I, no one says we/you need to accept or agree with those opinions, however, something someone says,, just may enlighten you,,or all of us,,

I'm not religious...I'm not in the way of going to church. I do not attend church of any kind. I rarely even open a bible. So all the bible stuff you wrote above I never said any of it.

I read what you wrote above, shake my head,,you denounce gay, you bring up God in another tread like you and him has some kind of relationship,, but it's sad,, you will say and do most anything to prove a point,,

9. Homosexuals are sinners.........well I dont know what to call it because I dont understand it which I have siad in more than one post. You cannot accept something if you dont understand it..How can you?? well I may have said it was a sin come to think of it but in my eyes it is wrong. but agian that is just my opinion... my feelings about it

Try opening your mind,,to new ideas, opinion that differ than yours,, read some good books,,
Your not religious,, but you can make judgement to who is sinner

I have gay friends, your comments, disrespect my friends,,
Kitten of all the forums I have seen you on,, you are in a world of your own,,
 MsMicki
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:42:08 PM

kittenhere: Probably none. I am a loner. I do not have friends.

Would that be because having friends requires compassion and understanding and forgiveness.....and all those things you are not capable of giving???
or because u know damn well if u put yourself out there in the public.....someone down there is bound to shoot yer stupid a$$
 MsMicki
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 9:53:58 PM
OMG Kirota........I got a drill for Christmas from my Dad so I would quit borrowing his......and.......I have a 4 X 4 truck.......and I own all my own fishing gear........and I own my own guns.......
Guess all I need now is to get me a girlfriend!
 compleat_man
Msg: 312
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:30:44 AM

I am just uncomfortable around them. Can I help feeling this way..........no I cant. Should I be bashed for feeling this way...No I shouldn't.

it makes me wonder..when so many of the people who hate or diss homosexuality.

are also OFTEN the same people that like to proclaim loudly & proudly that they are "patriotic" and love their country's troops, etc.

really, do you have any idea of how many THOUSANDS of gay and lesbian soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines there must be in the US armed forces?

well, probably not exactly due to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy

I can guarantee you that there are thousands of gay servicemen and women stationed in the Gulf right now..in Iraq, Afghanistan, and aboard ships and aircraft stationed in the area..

and in every war the US (and any other country) has fought, there have been gays in uniform fighting for you..yes in WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf 1 & 2, etc..

so..how do you feel about hating or not accepting at ALL the lives of the people who put their lives on the line for YOU..many of whom died in the effort?

I would think, maybe not very good?

well, I suppose it's no different from racial haters who can accept people of the race they hate, fighting and risking (and sometimes.. losing) their lives as well.. :(
 Quazi 100
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:02:39 AM

one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

this does not apply to me becuase i do not have hatred for them. I have siad it over and over i do not hate them. it is you and ohters who are claiming I hate them. it did not come from me.

wow....

Danz... be true to yourself, my friend....you won't steer you wrong.

ms Micki.... if you don't pick Kirota.....pick me

Kitten.... I don't know that anyone has stated that you "hate" homosexuals, and I'm not going back to find out. The word that you haven't addressed yet is "intolerance". I believe that you are very "intolerant" of homosexuals.

You say that your "intolerance" is due to the fact that you don't "understand" homosexuals. If this is in fact the case, you are "ignorant" about the subject of homosexuality.

Here are two definitions of the word "ignorance":

Ig"no*rance\, n. [F., fr. L. ignorantia.]

1. The condition of being ignorant; the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

2. (Theol.) A willful neglect or refusal to acquire knowledge which one may acquire and it is his duty to have. --Book of Common Prayer.

I included the Theological definition, because although you claim not to be religious, you cite "morality" as one of your reasons for intolerance.

I have opinions on things I am mostly ignorant of. But you won't hear them out of my mouth. If I know that I'm ignorant about a particular subject, I will either educate myself to the point where I can express an opinion that doesn't make me look ignorant, or I don't participate....period.

You are entitled to your opinion, Kitten....but it's an ignorant opinion....and it shows.

Please don't post back, flipping exactly what I've said back around at me, but changing the order of the words. This is a great chance for you to step out of your "routine" and become informed about the people on this planet.

Being informed is much more interesting than being uninformed.....trust me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:27:22 AM
I guess ignorance really is bliss

Keep those asslips aflappin' Kitten....
You're proving our points for us more and more each day.
 jackster121
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:31:26 AM
My only wish gay or staright is that she find some who loves her. I had a discussion once with someone who was adament that a girl should marry a man. I replied, I would rather my daughter be in a loving relationship with a woman than an abusive one with a man. It's about love, not who.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:39:35 AM

I guess ignorance really is bliss

Keep those asslips aflappin' Kitten....
You're proving our points for us more and more each day.

I think you might just be right MsMicki.....

I worked hard on that post too.....

Oh well, we've all tried.
 MsMicki
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:46:08 AM
I so love it when someone calls me illiterate.....and then spells "dye" ...die
and then misspells Bourbon!!

Gosh Kitten......are u implying I can't get laid cuz I have grey hair?
You're gonna have to come up with a better insult than that....
Because one thing I can guarantee you......my sex life is far more exciting than yours.

Now....it's quite obvious you don't give a damn what anyone thinks of you...
You spew your ignorance and intolerance around without a care in the world!
 Quazi 100
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:12:21 AM

poster below me yes you have all tried to be full of hatred becuase i dont approve of homosexuality. I belive that is my right as a us citizen.

Kitten...

In my last post, I stated : Oh well, we've all tried.

NOT: Oh well, we've all tried to be full of hatred because Kitten don't approve of homosexuality.
DON'T attribute things to me, that I didn't say. I DON'T judge people, and have treated you with dignity and respect. I expect the same in return.
 compleat_man
Msg: 327
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:22:42 AM
I suggest to all a moratorium on noticing/replying to kittenhere.

this forum will go on for another 40 pages of her saying why she's 'right' and no other opinion matters..

just like the oral sex on men (BJs) thread.

please, people..don't feed the trolls!!

it only encourages them.. :(

being totally close-minded and stating that no amount of information or reading would EVER change one's mind is just..WOW.

well first one would have to be able to read, and access books I suppose..
 Quazi 100
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:58:48 AM

Danz, be true to yourself......you won't steer you wrong.

I'd loved to just hear you call me a liar and a bigot, rather than you say this. I'm not as foolish as you might deem. I have many reasons, and a better scope of this subject than you know, Quazi.

I don't believe that you're foolish at all. And I believe, from what you've stated, that you have a very good grasp of the subject.

What I was saying, is that in my opinion, you've made an informed decision. If that is your decision, don't let anyone sway you from it...be true to yourself.

I have opinions that other people don't like. As long as my opinion is an informed one, I will stand by it, and I won't feel bad about it.

I've been judged all my life.....I've worked really hard not to judge others the way I have been judged. So, I'm totally serious about what I said...no strings attached.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:21:42 PM

So Kitten the choice is clear for you. Deprogrammers! Castration! A life of shame and guilt (for your child of course). Personally I think a little LSD and brainwashing might be a good idea. I suggest a good whoopin. What are you going to do? Either accept your child or accept being estranged from them.

Let's back off Kitten for a bit.

Kitten....

That's a horrible story. I'm sorry for your loss. I can understand your anger and resentment.

Truth is, that transvestites are not the same as homosexuals. If your husband was a transvestite, he was actually a woman in a man's body. He would have thought like a woman, not like a man. He would have been just like you, but looked like a man. He would have been born like this, and known about it from the time he was a child. If you have been reading, you'll know that he wanted a man the way a WOMAN wants a man, not in a homosexual way. He may have wanted to become a woman.
This is a problem with how the brain forms during pregnancy. It wasn't his fault. From what I understand, it's hell on earth...... he was living a lie. I'm not shocked that he killed himself.

If he was a transvestite, it wasn't his fault, he was born that way, and he had absolutely no control over it. The stuff in his brain malfunctioned before he was born. Please try not to blame him too much.

You should talk to someone about this, Kitten.
 MsMicki
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:31:06 PM
Kitten.......one would think after being through such an ordeal.....she would have a bit more compassion for others in the same situation.
Yet u have repeatedly stated you would not accept your child if he/she told she was gay. You would shun your childs lover. You have made it well know your child shouldn't even dare to tell you such a thing.
Pity one death hasn't taught you that a bit of acceptance goes a long way.

Horrible ordeal.....yes.......
You the only one with a horror story........no

Difference.......u REFUSE to learn from it.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:31:33 PM

please, people..don't feed the trolls!!

it only encourages them..

I couldn't agree with you more,

Unfortunately, I'm addicted to kitten,,

Not because of her bigotry, lack of compassion,self righteousness, her inability to reason with logic, as she waves the flag of ignorance, by claiming she refuses to learn anything new by at least listening to others, their views, as she claim she doesn't understand yet is stead fast in her opinions, that appears to be a grab bag of limited choices and knowledge, created by a narrow mind.

It's not because, her heart /mind is closed to why young men and women who have died for our county, both in the past and present, but the future as well. As I think of those who have sacrificed their lives so she can live free, to voice her opinions freely,, So the her children have voices, and not be discriminated against for what ever reasons..

It's not because I hear her use God as her sword, in defence of her views and actions, when she openly admits knowing little of God, because the bible that may sit on her bed stand is closed, as is most everything else that does not agree with her views and opinions,,

I'm addicted because, I can't believe what I am hearing from one person, I can't allow my self not to listen to her words, what better way to educate someone who says,, no one could possibly exist like the person I just described,, I now have proof, therefore someone might say, WOW!!!! I sounded like that,, it''s time for me to change, be more open,, more compassionate, so they can better love and teach their children, and eliminate this self induced mental illness that afflicts some people..

OT, when my son reaches the age to make his own choices, I will know I did a good job in raising him, not to be what I just described, His respect for others will not be imposed upon him,, but rather he will learn by examples, both the good and bad,, he will understand he has a choice in life, both in his opinion and values, if he wants to earn respect for his,, he will humbly accept others as well,,with out judgement,, and when in doubt, be open to learning and accepting new ideas that may have not been his own..

There is a lesson to be learned from Kitten,,
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >