Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Sports, old cars, guy stuff...do you like a woman into that or NO WAY?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 3
Sports, old cars, guy stuff...do you like a woman into that or NO WAY?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Ooops not overalls, but coveralls, Well you know what I meant.
 abelian
Msg: 4
Sports, old cars, guy stuff...do you like a woman into that or NO WAY?
Posted: 6/19/2008 12:44:15 PM
I like women who are interested enough in SOMETHING to do it on more than a superficial level.
 867love
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/19/2008 12:48:26 PM
i like a woman who is open to just about anything i (we) can think of
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/19/2008 12:50:36 PM
AMEN abelian

I agree with you 100%

Cathy
 secret_agent_thing
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:57:44 PM
I think it would be nice if she at least had some interest in those guy things I like. At minimum she should be accepting of them and not hold them against me. I think it's pretty obvious though a guy would love to have a women who is as passionate about his interests as he is, as long as she keeps all the good womanly things about her that men like as well.

So to answer your question, ya that'd be awesome, as long as you still remember you're a women and not one of the guys or something.
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/19/2008 2:26:54 PM
THAT- would be the perfect woman for me.
Had one already, and it's the best relationship I've ever had.
So to answer you're question- Yes. Abso-freakin-lutely.
I will only date a "girly gal" if she's incredibly hot... but- I've done that too and it got annoying after a while.

I would say- Phoooar- Check out that Shelby GT500... nice ain't it!
She would say, I like that Opel Corsa and my horse better....
I nearly fell off my chair.

Each to their own though.

I'd much prefer to date a woman who likes her bikes, classic rock and Mopars.
Yip.
 Quixotic_Heart
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/19/2008 4:33:41 PM
I will take a stab at answering your question....

Will you marry me?

All kidding aside, shared interests are fantastic!!! I am sure you will find a guy who will love sharing those things with you. Just remember that you both will need time apart to hang with friends, and this might mean being left out of some activities that you both enjoy.
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/19/2008 5:24:51 PM
Sure I will marry you!!

No I totally understand the time apart, guys night out, guy time, I have no problem with that. I just like alot of things that tend to be mostly men topics, or likes....just wondering if its accepted or liked by men.

GO BRONCOS!!! ouch that was risky being in Raider territory!!! LOL

Cathy
 Greyfeld
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 6:15:52 PM
I'm not into any of that stuff at all. Now, give me a girl in glasses that wants to be a half-elf archer for the next DnD session, and I'll take her everywhere XD
 xeot
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 6:27:57 PM
so long as she's still a girl....

A nice balance is good.. Say Kari on "Mythbusters".

Every time a topic like this comes up I think of this ROTC girl I knew in college... saw her in a dress once... she stumbled trying to walk in heels. but she did 'clean up' nice ;)

A girl that is like a guy with boobs is past the tipping point... up until that tipping point will be fine with many men.

Hope that makes sense.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 6:46:13 PM
I have been working on old cars since 1979. That is why my hobby is flying air planes. And i find sports dull, boring, and too political. I would probably not want to date a woman like that. I do not find tom-boy type of women attractive.
 fetish4u
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:09:27 AM
It's funny how we have gender roles.I hate sports.I know a lot of women enjoy them.As men we are suppose to like sports and know all about fixing cars.I know nothing about cars.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/20/2008 4:47:32 AM
I am not interested in sports much or fast cars. I don't want to be around anyone that likes to drive too fast, thereby causing a bad accident.

Minau
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/20/2008 1:24:12 PM
I think guys love it when you take an interest in the things they do. I got into golf...my ex was so excited he totally hooked me up...bought me my clubs, shoes, balls, socks, gloves, pully thing, everything I needed...and you get brought along on the ski trips, Indy races and his buddies don't mind it. Actually after we broke up the guys still invited me out on these things and not him...I was a better/more of a skier then him
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/20/2008 1:39:11 PM
Ok, dumb question, Does OP mean Original Poster? I just started posting here, Someone has asked if my photo was current, and if I was really 45? Yes the photo was taken in March of thise year and I am 45 as of June 11th. Thanks so much for the compliment.

Ok, now for those thinking that I am a Tom Boy type, no your oh so wrong. I just love and appreciate old cars, I know that if I am with someone in a car and we see and old car, I find it a challenge to be able to come up with the make and year, as it drives down the street, and just to be able to do that I think is cool.

Sports, I was in Colorado for about 14 years and got into the Broncos, and the Rockies, and even though I live in San Jose, I still root for my teams.

I do have nails, (real, not fake) and I am not afraid to break them, and yes I can or would help with a car( NOT DRUNK) just a nice cold one would be cool, and turn around go into the house and clean up , put on a dress and heels and go out.

So Im not a tom boy, but just happen to love those things, and wondered if it would be a turn off or turn on for men who also like those things.

Ok, I have written a novel.

This is great, thanks for all the responses,

Cathy
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:59:10 PM
Having a fast car does not always mean you abuse it.

My life is classic cars! But you'll never see me racing, speeding or taking chances.

OP, many guys love gearhead chicks! As someone told me today, he knows I'd rather talk about carbs, 4 barrels, retinning, setting the timing and gear ratios than the current pop stars!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:37:59 PM
OP it is great when something we like is something you like. And beats being asked, "When do they yell FORE!!!" while watching a hockey game.
That said some guy things he may want to do on his own or with the boys. So if those boundaries are respected I can't see anyone being at all put off by it.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/20/2008 5:13:28 PM
I don't drive in the fast lane, I stay on the right side if there is too much traffic. If people want to pass by me, that's fine. If they are speeding, maybe they'll be stopped by the police if they are lucky. And be given a ticket.
 SpiritGael1
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/21/2008 1:59:50 AM
Harley mechanic - definite plus !
 pandabollocks3000
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:01:00 AM
I'm pretty sure for the most part, nice cars are kept that way for the girls. Guys wouldn't even wash their cars if it wasn't for you ladies. Think Mad Max - Road Warrior. So having a girlyfriend who appreciates a nice car instead of just an expensive one is a bonus.

Can't really answer the sports question, because it bores me to tears in every way. It's just another form of entertainment for those who watch and it would just be a form of exercise if I played it. Yeah ladies beach Volleyball for me everytime. hah
 road11111
Msg: 23
 *Bulldog*
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/22/2008 2:39:24 PM
It's all a matter of degree, of course. As long as she mostly does girly things, then it's okay. Otherwise, it's a turn off.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/26/2008 11:00:34 AM
There is nothing better than a lady handing me wrenches while I work on the car...and my shop is clean and has amenities...lol....I work there
 DaveInMableton
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:06:28 AM
I think it would be great, the car thing at least. This would save me a lot of money on car repairs since about all I know about cars is turning the key and driving

The one caveat being, don't expect me to be doing them with you since I find few things more boring than watching sporting events. We would, though, have other things in common I am sure
 that sam i am
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:27:58 AM
My attitude is such: I love food, I love my photography, and I really really like cars. I love those things for themselves. The woman in question does not even come into the equation and it is highly delusional and egotistical for a woman to think otherwise.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Sports, old cars, guy stuff...do you like a woman into that or NO WAY?