Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Urbanessa
Msg: 87
When you see a woman you like, what do you do?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

When you see a woman you like, what do you do?

*flashes ManClub Membership Card*
drool
*tucks away ManClub Membership Card*

FloridaMusicMan
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/20/2008 8:47:22 AM
Op for me it is not a set in stone routine.Women smell that play 10 miles away.If I am playing music somewhere and a Lady catches my eye I do not try to be anything but myself.I talk to strangers in the grocery store so have not problem communicating lol.My approach is simple smile and a hello my name is.... and then open conversation with something local or an event happening say your at an outdoor festival.I ask if she is available or seeing someone and would she like to maybe get a drink or sit and talk.If she is attached I politely thank her for the conversation and I walk away.I believe Women enjoy confidence in a Man not arogance BIG difference.If during this She becomes Offended I am very quick to apologize and move along.Not every woman appriciates being approached by a stranger especially in todays society.More times than not I get shut down,am never rude about it.Unfortunatly dating has become more of a game than real life to alot and you have to play the game.Odds are what count so the more women I talk with the better chance I have of dating and finding the Lady who will complete my life. Happy Fishing.
 Sardonis
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/20/2008 1:25:35 PM

What that really means is when I see a woman I find so physically attractive to me that I want to approach her. I don't know if I "like" her yet.

There are lots of good looking women around, but I don't see too many that make me think "Wow, I really want to get to know her". But when lightening strikes, usually instinct takes over and I feel compelled to interact with her like a new born sea turtle feels compelled to walk into the ocean.

Unfortunately, I have never had success when approaching a woman who struck me like that. Not that it was a bad experience, but they usually are already in a relationship, or they are not really my type or just not reciprocating in a way that compels me further.
 hard starboard
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2008 3:20:00 PM
I sit on my hands until someone else comes along and hooks her.
 Vancer
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/21/2008 12:07:26 AM
I have one of them spinning bow ties and I do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYK9iqrCOU
 AllDaveAllDay
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/21/2008 12:35:34 AM
Well typically it starts off with something like "Wait here while I put on my robe and wizard hat..."
 stopstarin
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:28:32 AM
walk up

pull pigtail

giggle

run!

yes I do still raise my hand when I have to pee!

SO?

geewiz001
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/21/2008 5:02:09 PM
I have been reading through all these suggestions... I'm confused.... I've been grabbing them by their hair and dragging them back to my cave........ and I gotta say... those short haired ones are tuff........

MG
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:14:10 PM
Look in her direction to see if she looks back at you...if you get a smile from her...take it to the next level...
Just say Hi & maybe ask if she lives in the area.
If its a nice day, say it to her with a nice smile on your face while making eye contact.
See if she smiles back & her eyes have a sparkle in them...good sign
If you get this far, tell her she is looking good today....usually you'll get a thank you...you may even see her blush...then just take it from there...
Tell her you would like to take her on a magic carpet ride sometime. If she is interested, she'll open up to you....if not...move on.
 robfish
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:41:55 PM

Eye contact. After about 5 years of that, I'll eventually pluck up the courage to go and say hello

That sums up my technique followed by days of kicking myself for not making a move. I'm usually drawn to the quiet girl in the group, but have yet to muster up enough courage to approach.......that might be the reason why I have never been rejected!!
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:53:50 AM
I think there's a lot to be said for the fact women fear rejection just as much as men do, the only difference is they aren't really socially obligated to put their balls on the line, well their philisophical balls, if she has actual balls then I'll hafta pass on that one anyway.
 867love
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/22/2008 2:37:27 AM
i usually throw rocks at her, hit her in the head with a basketball, put a frog down her dress or slip her a note that says "do you like me?" yes, no, (chooes one)

-if all else fails, i will just walk up to her, smile and say "hi" -(if she's friendly) -i'll take it from there. (if shes mean and nasty) -i'll just walk away, or find a snake to scare her with.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 3:15:09 AM
SUNLITE...
it works great most times......it really makes my day!
makes me all warm & tingly inside...
 geewiz001
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/22/2008 7:38:46 AM
"I'm only on page 2. This is amazing eye-opener. Most men responding are so afraid of rejection that they will do nothing when they see someone appealing. I can sure understand how horrible rejection might be, but come on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

rejection $uck$.... but I'm so used to it. I agree , nothing ventured nothing gained, but there are times when I just get tired of slamming my head against a wall too. I have tried to shorten the process...... I walk over and just say, "Hi.., I'm just going to reject myself now, and save you the trouble." its the new " holding the door oppen " for ladies. (kidding.., it isnt that bad.., but it has its moments) glad to see alot of guys are having the same responses.
I just try not to take it personal, I just keep thinking how hard it has to be a the ladies, they are just so quick to jump to a conclusion.

MG
 temp2484
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/22/2008 11:46:10 AM

there are actual evolutionary reasons why a man wants to approach you, but doesnt, even tho you could be giving him signals that you're interested in him

Can you explain this a little more?
 broncsbuff
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:06:09 PM

I can sure understand how horrible rejection might be, but come on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

another women telling men just to approach women and that its no big deal...

every man on this thread understands whats its like to go up to a women and get turned down in a blaze of glory...why?....cause USUALLY men do all the approaching...

women dont get how hard it is to go up to a women and try to hit her up...

Im not afraid, I have thick skin, I have been turned down countless amount of times, but I keep going like the trooper I am...

but I completly understand why some men are timid, as someone said before...they are tired of beating there head against the wall.....
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:30:31 PM
I used to stalk them, send anonymous gifts, notes that proclaim my love for her and that no one else could have her. They always thought it was too creepy so now I just stick to stalking. At least I don't get any more restraining orders.

Gangster Kitten
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:48:08 PM
I usually end up staring at them. They get scared and weirded out that I may be some stalker. So I generally try to avoid eye contact the rest of the evening. But I can't help it, I'll glance over and she catches me everytime.

I then throw my head away from her attention and down at my glass. I shake my head and rub my forehead. Then I spend the next three days telling myself how stupid I was for not approaching her. Then the three days after those three days about how stupid I was for thinking I actually had a chance with this woman.
 867love
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:51:19 PM
the men get blamed for not having the nerve to approach a woman, however a majority of women don't know how to be receptive when a guy is trying to get her to notice him.
women say the guys need to learn how to approach a gal, why isn't she trying to figure out how to be approachable? i see soooo many women freezing up or inverting when a guy who intrigues her aproaches and smiles. -she gives off closed signals, doesn't make eye contact and generally is way too timid to show she is interested, then to flustered to make her move back. -i was just talking to a friend who said her friend really likes this guy, however she won't try to get his attention cuz "he's soooo cute he would never like me" -jeeeeeeez -are we back in jr high???...
sometimes a girl may think a guy is a creep and wishes the guy would leave, however shyness mimics the same body language as not interested -that is unless she just tells him to get lost. -then she really looks like a mean b!tch to everyone watching -unless he is a creep.
some women really have the approaching thing right. they are calm, smile, have quick positive answers and questions that require answers back, open ended questions, eye contact, and they seem to bring up topics like "i really like that", "i wish i knew someone who could help me with that", "or i love going there, they have the best cheeseburgers, etc." -(you walk away with her number not even remembering when you asked for it)
so in all that -women if you want to get approached -first: calm down, then learn how to direct your "approach me" beam
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/22/2008 7:09:21 PM
I like to use the canine approach. If I can get close enough, I try to pee on her leg. When she runs away I can track her down by following my scent.

If she stays and sniffs my butt, then I'm in like Flynn

...I have never had so much fun, great thread .... some of the responses were priceless.....this one almost had me on the floor.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 145
Posted: 8/22/2008 10:42:50 PM

Normally I just go and punch her on the shoulder , if she punches me back then that means we are going together ...been doing that since grade 5

...Its too bad it took me 30 years to realize that was how a boy let you know he liked you....I was such a tomboy back then if a boy hit me, there was a very good chance he was gonna get beaten on

...maeflowers
 bgrumling
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:08:50 AM
look walk by and say nope because I know i have no chance she is way out of my league. and go on with life.
 jrbickers123
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:39:25 AM
I dont approach her =x. I'm really shy, the only way i can find the courage to ask a cute girl the time of day is through the distance and semi-anonymity of the internet on dating sites.
 djrdx
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:34:03 AM
i curl up into a foetal little ball on the floor and go catatonic slightly for a few hours, then i say hi to my imaginary friend bob, and ask him for advice
:p
 miss tori
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/23/2008 9:24:48 PM
I am surprised by some of the responses from you guys ....there are some awfully nice looking guys here and by reading your profiles it seems ya'll got it going on.....but if you don't ask you're lowering your chances. Someone said they were standing right next to someone they were interested in, how difficult would it have been to say, " Hi, my name is......"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >