Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platypus_man
Msg: 158
view profile
History
You've been THIS long without sex, why is it still a solid requirement?Page 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
To all the women here, I apologize to you for the behavior of so much of the male population. Remember, as teens for them it was all about 'how far they could get'. First base, second, etc.. And some of them never grow out of that, for them, it's always primarily about sex first, sex second, sex last. Everything else is unimportant to them. Just be happy they're up front about that. Then you can move on to someone you'd really want to know.
 bellablue69
Msg: 168
You've been THIS long without sex, why is it still a solid requirement?
Posted: 9/26/2011 12:04:13 PM
Ok here goes, I am 66 and not a spring chicken anymore...I love sex, really enjoy everything about it but when I haven't found anyone I am not going to sleep around from man to man......I had one man tell me he felt sorry for me because I wasn't getting any...well I say he should speak for himself not for woman.......Good for him if he is getting it......Now I know I am holding out for that special one and guys can think I am crazy or who do I think I am but that doesn't matter. The one it matters to is ME....I want to feel good about my self and the fact I chose not to sleep around is right for me.....I know there is another problem that could be very real and that is when or if I do meet that special one there is a good chance he is on some kind of medication and can't (excuse me) get it up anymore and I have to tell you that would be a big disappointment to me sorry but that is the truth....if you had been with this person for years I can see that is totally ok and there are other things you can do but when your meeting some man and think this could be the right time to partake in the heavenly act of communicating on a deeper level and no action is there would devastate me......Your never to old for sex......Some men have this idea and they find it easy to tell you that whats wrong with you and that you should be enjoying your life more by having sex.....what they really mean is sleep with them and they like giving you reasons why you should....there are things both people on their own can do for themselves so why torture yourself for not getting any.....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:17:14 PM

Well, it goes something like this... lobster is my absolute favorite food but for various reasons, I sometimes go a very long time without it...but um...that doesn't mean I don't drool just thinking about a big, fat, juicy lobster sitting on my plate and no matter how long I go without or how much I enjoy other things in the meantime, it doesn't mean I'm willing to completely write it off the menu just yet;).

I know what you mean about lobster. Not only have I not had lobster in a very long time...I'm not even sure where to look for good lobster.

I did hear that the best lobster can be found on the east coast of Canada, around Nova Scotia. Might be worth the trip...to endulge in some of the most delectable lobster in the world. ummmm....

Maybe you want some shipped?

..mae
 ohenryx
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 10:41:17 AM

sowrite said:
After reading a lot of the posts, I think I may make it a solid requirement to only date
sex therapists from now on.

Did I mention my degree in "sex therapy"?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >