Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catman50
Msg: 202
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I don't think ANY of you ladies need to work on your looks . YOU ALL good . Wish I could find you in wisconsin .
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 204
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?
Posted: 11/13/2008 8:19:33 PM

If someone would only be attracted to me if I worked my butt off to try to keep looking 45 instead of the 58 years old that I am, then he's not someone I would want to love and have fun with. Age happens. Get over it is my motto. I'm more interested in enjoying the rest of my life then looking good............If I can accept his pot belly and gray hair, he can see past my age flaws and accept me, too!

...You have a very youthful appearance and I think you are one of the lucky ones that don't need to work too hard to look good....whatever it is that you're doing, it's working for you.

...maeflowers
 lowmiles2
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:09:50 AM
No... not at all. If you let yourself go than consider your options limited not exhausted.
 KneadyOne
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/11/2013 7:06:09 PM
Oh it just isn't fair is it?

AS I look back at the different stages of life, specifically mine.......in school, it was the chearleaders and the jocks that got all the attention and the action.
By the time the ten year reunion rolled around, those perky little chearleaders weren't so perky anymore, the jocks had a hard time tying their shoelaces,
Now that the 40 year reunions are here, the chearleaders have turned into football players, and the players look like sumo wrestlers.

So to all the princessess and lotharios, ye who looked down their noses at us shrimps and twigs, it's our time now, and I really do chuckle about how hard it is for you all to accept that you're not the center of attention anymore.

Like a previous poster said, "boo friggin hoo".....your looks carried you this far, now you gotta look at your attitude.
 SweetHeartedLady
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/11/2013 7:23:36 PM
The men I meet are more worried about staying in shape... they go to the gym 5 days a week..

But sadly they do not read books or such in my area.. they are too into their looks and tight bodies.

Or the others are way overweight and still not too bright..

I live in odd section of new york. .. :)

I do not think there are double-standards here... the men are just insecure about their looks..

I looong for balance.. body * soul * mind and financial stable and into their spirituality.

I have not found that balance in any man I've met so far.. not around here.

Staten Island is the forgotten borough of nyc in many ways.. (yet very pretty with so many trees & peaceful).

Just a lot of dumb hunks (sweet but dumb)
 timeforall
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/11/2013 7:48:39 PM
Sweetheart, if you can't find decent guys in nyc, you can't find them anywhere.
 anita_lay
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 9:00:39 PM
I agree with Paumanok on page 8

It's not all that hard to lose weight and get in better shape physically. It is all but impossible to recover a personality from years of bigotry, or to make a cold heart glow warmly.

If we haven't learned by now that - no matter how hard we try to turn back the clock - we age, than there's something fundamentally lacking.
It's called depth.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/11/2013 9:14:20 PM
When I see couples lookwise body wise matches to each other I dont pay much attention but if I see a younger beautiful woman with an older fatter unattractive guy I start wondering what must be the reason. surprisingly I never see a young handsome guy with an older unattractive woman out there . So it is true that most men in general dont care about their appearance after certain age but still want to date younger beautiful women. I dont blame them but they should atleast look once in a while in the mirror and see if they like themselves :)
 SweetHeartedLady
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/12/2013 11:00:28 AM
I've been trying to date very very locally.. & that is the problem in the borough of nyc where I live.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >