Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 93
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Gawd, men over 45 have to work hard too. At 47 I have to watch what I eat and exercise regularly to keep in shape.

I wear my wrinkles with pride too and I have zero problem with no longer having the hair I had in my '20's. No Ashley & Martins for me, and certainly no 'rugs' or 'comb-overs'! lol

What really creeps me out is when I see a movie or a tv show out of America where the middle-aged actress has implants and a permanent 'surprised' look on her stretched, botox-inflamed face. In the quest to remove imperfections they remove the very things that give a face character and make it interesting.

And it's not just the women either, has anybody seen Sylvester Stallone lately?

Silly to cling to youth really isn't it? Make the most of what life gave you, you can do no more than that.

Ah, but where would that leave the poor billion-dollar plastic-surgery business that hovers like a vulture and trades upon peoples' insecurities about their imperfections?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 94
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:13:34 AM

I wear my wrinkles with pride too and I have zero problem with no longer having the hair I had in my '20's. No Ashley & Martins for me, and certainly no 'rugs' or 'comb-overs'! lol

...Thank heavens for that....we don't want to see another Donald Trump look alike

What really creeps me out is when I see a movie or a tv show out of America where the middle-aged actress has implants and a permanent 'surprised' look on her stretched, botox-inflamed face. In the quest to remove imperfections they remove the very things that give a face character and make it interesting.

....I tend to agree with you on this, I find the more mature male much more attractive than his younger counterpart.

...In my opinion, if you want to look good, stay healthy, you have to work at it, regardless of gender.

...maeflowers
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:41:15 PM
^^ Yea, some people only have to cough to warm up their date for the night!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:34:57 AM

In the 50 something singles scene, it seems to me that women are judged much tougher as far as looks and body than men in the same age bracket.

I disagree with that statement,, I love the look of a woman my age,,,

I mean , I think most older women realize that if they let themselves go physically, gain weight, get wrinkly, have bad hair, have high blood bressure and bad lifestyles, the odds of them attracting a man fall down sharply.

Every thing you mentioned can happen at any age group,, this man at any age I was in my life,, looked for a woman who kept her self up,, in weight, lifestyles,,, better said,, I think a man or a woman at any age who doesnt take care of themselves will have a difficult time attracting a partner..

I`m not seeing that same attitude when it comes to older men. Alot of them are out there dating , quite readily, thin and youthful women, and not being bothered by their
big ponch, their aged physique. They seem to be fine with themselves just the way they are , as are alot of the women who are more than honored to date them.

As a man of fifty,, I work at keeping myself up,, no big beer belly,, I have the weather look, some young woman like that look, but again,, I prefer a woman around my age,, for so many good reasons..

So my question is, is there double standards for maintenence of looks and youthful appearance with older daters? Are women more accepting and forgiving when it comes to those types of things?

I don't think there is a double standard,, just look at some of the older woman who will only date younger men,,

I don't see why this is important any way,, if a man or woman isn't right for us,, or us them,, we should just move forward and not take it so personally..

*mae* flowers
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:09:41 AM

I disagree with that statement,, I love the look of a woman my age,,,

...What about someone thats a tad older than you

I don't think there is a double standard,, just look at some of the older woman who will only date younger men,,

....Well that depends upon how young....won't go much younger than 5 to 7 years, then I become uncomfortable.

I don't see why this is important any way,, if a man or woman isn't right for us,, or us them,, we should just move forward and not take it so personally..

....Bingo....

....maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:47:35 AM
mae, it's so nice to see you again,,

...What about someone thats a tad older than you

I work well with tads,, I'm like a slide rule,, I can move up or down,, depending on the woman,,,,,,,

This man is not sure at sure of his age limits,, everything has to do with the maturity of a woman, physical attraction, are we on the same page in life, will or value coexist together,, the list goes on and on,,, now I know why I'm alone LOL...
 rdcnorm
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:20:39 AM
it is quite a list isn't it,, however,, I said nothing about perfection,, what might be perfect to me, may not be for another, I may find a woman who I think is perfect for me,, yet she my see me as not perfect for her,, so we all move on, until we find what is perfect for each other,, it's really that simple,, and until such time,, I live life in what I call my own perfect world,, yet it may not be considered by someone else's standards,, You gotta love the freedom of choice,, the ability to dream,, and the attitude to move forward,,

OT,, I personality do not think men or women should have work hard at all to secure a relationship,, I would rather say,, be happy with who you are first,, and if that special person comes along,, That would just be the icing on the cake,, with that,, we will certainly be able to share in each others happiness,,, makes for a better couple,,
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:22:23 AM

I work well with tads,, I'm like a slide rule,, I can move up or down,, depending on the woman,,,,,,,

...Thats good, since I'm just a tad over 5 ft and a tad older haha...slide rule ya say, *can't get that image outta my head*.... as she works her way towards the treadmill.

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 11:24:51 AM
Personally, I think it should be easier for women over 45. I can't run after them nearly so energetically as I used to be able to do, so getting away from me requires a lot less energy. In my younger days I was easily able to run them down. Now, with the walker and all, they can easily escape on their tricycles.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 11:30:32 AM
I am with norm on this one. Both men and women can be the type that let themselves go. I think anyone that lets themselves go will have more trouble attracting those of the opposite sex who have not done so. If you are out there looking for a fit, healthy lifestyle active individual, you pretty well have to be such a person yourself it you hope to succeed. I think we all must be pretty much aware that the end of the line is within sight, more clearly to some than to others, and so the idea of long term investments in someone who is not quite congruent to ourselves is a bit unrealistic.

Besides, as is well known, you can't really expect to change anyone.
 Bejazzenwithme2
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:34:06 PM
Hello everyone.
I myself am 54. Yes you do have to work a little harder to keep
in good shape. but i do it to feel good about myself. Ive been told many time i dont look 54 i look in my late 30's to early 40's.
Now i never date men my age im sorry it just seems to me they dont seem
to care much. Im not saying they are not nice but ive never like a couch potato, wink.
Ive always taken care of my face with lots of my ROC cream and walk and try to
get my workouts in. Im still dating men in there late 20's 30's and 40's.
So wake up Nebraska men and keep up with us older ladies, wink if you can !
Proud to be 54 !!!
 Bejazzenwithme2
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:46:31 PM
Wow i totally agree with you !!!
Its time to enjoy and have fun.
My girls are raised and im enjoying wonderful sweet times now.
Im ready for the plane tickets to roll in, lol just a little teasing.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/30/2008 12:02:54 AM

Personally, I'd rather go to bed with my vibrator and my fantasy guy in my imagination than 99% of the guys my age that hit on me.

Ouch Tinydancer! lol

Makes me glad I don't live over there in Calgary, I don't think my poor, fragile ego could take a rejection like THAT!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:04:16 AM

Makes me glad I don't live over there in Calgary, I don't think my poor, fragile ego could take a rejection like THAT!

...Personally I think you might like Calgary, lots of fun things to do, plenty of friendly people......Canadian hospitality at its finest.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:28:38 AM
...Whatever you do, don't go down that hill, otherwise you can be classifed as being "over the hill" . Just kidding, you go girl.

...maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/30/2008 12:56:09 PM

I think that many men are in denial about how important it is to present themselves well when they are meeting a woman.

I'm going to have to agree,, however,, lets not be in denial women,, there are some women themselves who could care less about their appearance,, just walk in to a supper market,, so many dress like slobs.,, then just take look at some pictures here,, their hair looks like it hasn't been washed in a week,, check out the back ground,, crap all over the house,, and so many shots/pictures are of them in the bedroom or bath room,, not only are those displays are disgusting,, but the environment in which they live,, their train of thought might be,, I can capture a good man,, by "ATTEMPTING" to show a seductive side,, be warned the men who do take care of our selves pass right by that crap,, I kinda wonder if those are the woman who are complaining here,, Yet I have no clue,, so please lets not just pick on men,, everyone has a part to play in their appearance,, both men and woman,,

It seems to me,, this is turning in to a man bashing post,, there are many men who take care of them selves very well,, as do most woman,,
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:13:50 PM
...Hmmm, quickly checks the background of all pics, nope, no bedroom or bathroom shots, hair looks clean....whew.

Just playing with ya...I know what you mean though and yes you are correct there are some men that take VERY good care of themselves... wink, wink

...maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:31:45 PM
Hmmmmmmm,,, as well,,, Here lye's the problem,, My eyes could never leave such beauty,, to even attempt to scan the back ground of debris,,

personality,, it's the women who do take care of them selves,, they are the beautiful ones,, it's all shapes, ages and sizes,, pride and confidence goes a really long way,, with that,, where is the integrity of a person,, where is their self worth,,,
 rearguard*2
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:47:06 PM

Here lye's the problem

Ooops. If you lye the problem, then you are covering it with caustic soda, hoping it will dissolve without a trace. Slip of the tongue or faute de frappe?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/30/2008 6:11:36 PM

..Personally I think you might like Calgary, lots of fun things to do, plenty of friendly people......Canadian hospitality at its finest.

Ah, but I have been to Calgary and am well-aware of Canadian hospitality Mae...lol
 rdcnorm
Msg: 126
Posted: 6/30/2008 7:02:04 PM

Here lye's the problem

Ooops. If you lye the problem, then you are covering it with caustic soda, hoping it will dissolve without a trace. Slip of the tongue or faute de frappe?

Yes,, LOL,, I used the wrong words,, Oppps ,,, thanks buddy
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:44:35 PM

"Tiny Dancer" sounds like the name of a vibrator

.....Ummm, I don't think so.....no woman in their right mind would buy a vibrator wih a name like that..."tiny' implies, well it refers to .....nevermind, I like the name "Mr Osaki" apparently (I'm told)...he is the cadillac of vibrators

...Therefore, a woman over 45 doesn't have to work that hard.

...maeflowers
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:16:24 AM

I like the name "Mr Osaki" apparently (I'm told)...he is the cadillac of vibrators

'The Cadillac of vibrators!? I love it! lol

There should be one called 'Mr Roboto', then you could say 'domo arigato, Mr Roboto!'
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:47:34 AM
'The Cadillac of vibrators!? I love it! lol

There should be one called 'Mr Roboto', then you could say 'domo arigato, Mr Roboto!'

...I just love how that seems to roll off the tongue, "Mr Roboto, its been my pleasure" or "Mr Roboto, I've enjoyed myself immensly"..........not that I know all that much about vibrators you understand.....I'm just saying

....There stuff out there for the menes too, so they don't have to work so hard.

...maeflowers

...Bob the cave dweller....skunkster, you've gone too far * laughing to herself*
 fancynanci
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:48:27 AM
I think you should take care of yourself at ANY age.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >