Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 133
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?Page 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

...I just love how that seems to roll off the tongue,

Hmmm Mae, there's a lot to be said for the occasional roll of the tongue... so I've been told...

As for the other 'stuff', I don't engage with things without a mind, without the mind, there is no point.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 134
Do women need to work at it harder after 45?
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:35:32 PM

I think they do, men of our dating age seem to be going thru some sort of male menopause!!! They seem to be looking for mostly physical attraction rather than looking at what's inside the wrapper as well.

Really.. I think this man will look for physical attraction in a woman,, you can bet your last dollar on it,, you can also bet your last dollar I want what inside as well,, the problem is, she needs to have both,, among so many other things,,

I think the women and men who keep complaining about the opposite sex,, really they are the ones who have the issues,, feeling all sorry for them selves because they can't find any one who wants them,, I think the normal men and women,, are just as happy with them selves and take one day at a time in the dating world, they don't seems to be in a rush,, because they are not going to settle,, just because a man or a woman says,, but you really should get to know me,, I'm a good person,, in reality they are needy,, and will take the first person that comes along,, but yet they are passed by for what ever reason,, attitude,, physical appearance,( meaning they have let them self's go) so let be real,, lets stop the gender thing,, it's on both sides of the fence...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:54:24 PM
Well, Norm, with all that skin you are displaying in your pic, I am of a mind to pay less attention to the ladies and more to you.....

Yes, indeed. I do believe the ladies will have to work a lot harder to move my attention back their way......These days, at least in Canada, and California, there are options........
 rearguard*2
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:58:28 PM
All this talk from the ladies about mechanical contrivances. And, to add insult to injury, they imply that we men are only interested in one thing!!!

Of course, they are correct. We men are only interested in one thing. A plate of medium rare roast beef, mashed potatoes, green peas, a full bodies red wine, and hot apple pie with ice cream to top it all off, followed by an evening in front of a 40 inch TV watching hockey.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:39:47 PM

followed by an evening in front of a 40 inch TV watching hockey.

I think you and I and a couple others were promised a 40" tv not so long ago,, I often wondered what happen there,,

your other post,, I'm not really sure how to take that one,,
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:37:04 PM

Hmmm Mae, there's a lot to be said for the occasional roll of the tongue... so I've been told...

...Seems we are well informed individuals in that area doesn't it?

As for the other 'stuff', I don't engage with things without a mind, without the mind, there is no point.

...I completely agree, there is no comparison like the feeling of a warm body under yours when making love

...maeflowers
 capegardengirl
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:43:05 PM
As far as arguing that men should not be so superficial, Id have no problem with keeping my mouth shut on that yet Ive heard time and time again from men my age that they want a tiny barbie doll combined with the brains and and maturity, education and character of someone like myself...They arent able to compromise on the looks department and so they "settle" for a shallow dumb bimbo whos mentally unstable and needy and drama filled but whos gorgeous cos thats the most important thing to them in the moment.....Ive had alot of men tell me that I was a winner hands down except I wasnt a size 6...I say dont complain then if you arent willing to reconsider your priorities of whats important to you ..
 capegardengirl
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:54:46 PM
Luckyme...You are my age..Born in 1962...I never considered my looks to be my main asset at any point in my life....Rather I considered my intelligence and character and skills and interests to be my main assets..Maybe thats why I didnt attract men my age like yourself...I didnt have the mindset you describe of women youve known and dated...So I never engaged in any sexual "games" with men regarding who I could get that was "better" ...I found that younger men grew up in a time that related to women as people, not sex objects..They were interested in what books I had read, hikes I have done, places Ive traveled to and sports Ive done...They were interested in what I was passionate about, not what my dress size was or how "good" I looked next to them...Men my age are often terribly immature and insecure regarding that, Ive found...So its pretty telling that I didnt end up with one my age
 capegardengirl
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:11:26 PM
rdcnorm:."The problem is, she needs to have both"...The dilemma Ive experienced with that is men place a larger priority on the looks of women and intelligence and character and skills are a secondary afterthought thats a plus or bonus.....They judge women by the same criteria they would a 25 yr old....For women over 40, intelligence and skills and character are their greatest strengths...Maybe if men would be willing to accept a moderately attractive woman whos more on the average side , whos intelligent and mature and fun to be with and active rather than making the criteria of her having to be a knockout the primary one superseding everything else, men would find more eligible women to make them happy and 4o something women would find plenty of eligile men to date and partner with.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:13:17 PM

All this talk from the ladies about mechanical contrivances. And, to add insult to injury, they imply that we men are only interested in one thing!!!

Of course, they are correct. We men are only interested in one thing. A plate of medium rare roast beef, mashed potatoes, green peas, a full bodies red wine, and hot apple pie with ice cream to top it all off, followed by an evening in front of a 40 inch TV watching hockey

....And yet they wonder why we are in line at Radio Shack buying batteries.

...I have always worked hard at gaining and keeping a mans interest, as long as it didn't involve being in the kitchen.

...maeflowers
 best kept secret
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/2/2008 9:25:42 AM
The blessing of living a nice long life will eventually show our bodies aging....You can keep your body moving, keep yourself clean....take in new knowledge to exercise your mind....
And smile the biggest wrinkle-showing smile you have!

Your beauty inside comes from where your heart is....A concern for others...helping others out....being a kind listening ear....

Put these two healthy components together...

You have beauty....at any age!

rearguard*2
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 11:03:26 AM

as long as it didn't involve being in the kitchen.

Well now, did I understand correctly that you are currently single, Miss Mae?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:28:23 PM

I think you and I and a couple others were promised a 40" tv not so long ago,, I often wondered what happen there,,

...Well....to be perfectly honest, I've had some second thoughts on the 40'' tv's...the only thing I can forsee happening in the future is me trying to vie for someone's attention over some televised sporting event....and commerical breaks don't count. Its too much work.

...maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/5/2008 5:14:42 AM

...Well....to be perfectly honest, I've had some second thoughts on the 40'' tv's...the only thing I can forsee happening in the future is me trying to vie for someone's attention over some televised sporting event....and commerical breaks don't count. Its too much work.

Assumptions,,,,, as he shakes head,, this man doesn't watch sports,, life is too short to be in front of the TV,, especially with a woman around,,

I have to work on keeping this skinny body in shape,, I'm am older,, kegals help,, so yes men work hard too...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/5/2008 7:26:11 PM

Assumptions,,,,, as he shakes head,, this man doesn't watch sports,, life is too short to be in front of the TV,, especially with a woman around,,

....Well then, there seems to be no need for the 40' tv then right?

I have to work on keeping this skinny body in shape,, I'm am older,, kegals help,, so yes men work hard too

.... I am quite aware of kegel exercises, it is also very beneficial for a woman to practice this exercise...and in a sense it benefits him as well...

...maeflowers
 ThePigWhisperer
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:58:08 PM
LOL Im approaching 45 and can tell ya, its allllll about the bucks. Those big paunched grey haired men with the fading egos and zero personality are all about the look at me eye candy on their arm and hey come on, be honest, when we were 20-25 and not sagging a little here or there, we thought older guys with fancy cars and fat checkbooks were neat did we not-The older fellas want to still feel worthy of being able to attract a young thang, they are rebounding from a divorce or having a mid life crisis of some sort. And if the brainless imature gals want a jellyfish with the only thing going for him is a decent paycheck, then sit back and enjoy the show. He's not someone we'd want in the first place if we value what our years have taught us! So not a loss for us. And as for being hot hot hot, Im sorry, Ive earned a few grey hairs, a few wrinkles and fighting the law of gravity is kinda pointless...that doesnt mean stay healthy, that just means accept and love yourself at any age and THE WAY YOU ARE even if there are on going improvements those improvements should be to MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD, not to get a man to look at you, and if you find that you have o go overboard with boxtox nips tucks or cant have a saggy day in sweats in the recliner with a boc o chocolates and a potential mate cant accept that, then he is not someone I would want in MY LIFE-let him get his wallet sucked dry by THE HOT, Im at the age that I dont NEED his damn wallet, he better bring more to the table than that!!!
 belladonna813
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 7:03:34 PM
There are so many men my age and older who want the "arm candy". I think that they want to "feel young again" and want to let others know that they "still have it" ....whatever IT is. I dated younger guys for awhile for that reason. I got it out of my system.

I don't feel that I need to try harder. I look for men that appreciate that I have lived my life, made lots of mistakes, and now know what I want. As far as looks, I don't care that I look my age and I think I'm damned sexy!

As a rule, I think women try too hard. They try hard to look younger, act younger, and appear to be younger. Some even lie about their ages. Who the hell cares? Look change, fade, whatever.

I also think that men have a more realistic and positive view of their looks. Where a woman will think of themselves as "plain" or "average" when they are attractive, a man typically describes themself as "attractive" when they are average at best. Why? Probably because women are made to feel by the media and stereotypes as less than sexy if they are not the airbrushed model type. It's all distortion of body image. EVERYONE looks good when the fix theselves up...I don't care if you have two heads....LOL.
 jsphn11
Msg: 159
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:44:21 PM
------------So my question is, is there double standards for maintenence of looks and youthful appearance with older daters? Are women more accepting and forgiving when it comes to those types of things?--------------

My opinion is that women are judged more on their looks, but men are judged more on their financial status. I've heard many times from different women "At his age he can't afford . or , etc'. I think that older poor men don't have much luck with young women.
 noticetoappear
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:37:39 PM
What ever age one is blessed to be, I think it should not determine who one dates,
I am 67 if a man is interested in me....he is, if not, then he is not the one for me.

How we look as older women is stupid to use that as a reason to judge who you may date.....I see men all over with someone who is not attractive...and they still are with her.

If a potential mate is that shallow, move on. There are many people in this world.
 jsphn11
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:10:46 PM

Of course women need to work at it harder as do men! As for the "double standard" as women call it, men look for different qualities in women than women look for in men. One such quality is the appearance of fertility which naturally implies youthfulness. On the other hand women usually look for physical and financial security as well as the occassional rock star, successful polititian or athlete.

Agree 100%
 grapevine
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:21:05 PM
Hell, I'm about to the point I just don't care anymore. Not about my appearance and health, I mean. I'm talking about I don't care about the fact I don't look 20 anymore. Or even 30. I think I'm doing pretty damn good for 50 and the only person I need to please, when it comes right down to it, is me. I don't feel like younger women are any competition for me because men my age who prefer younger women, I've found, do so because they find they are on the same maturity level with them. Plus, they think, for some odd reason, having a younger woman on their arm somehow makes THEM look good. In any case, it's not something I spend an inordinate time worrying about; I've got far too much to do than to waste anymore of my precious time wondering why a man prefers someone else over me. Have at it, Bucko. You're not the only pebble on the beach; there's a little rock in Arkansas.

karma1160
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:24:39 PM
I do work at it harder but not for this reason . I still don't see myself as 20 anymore nor will I again so if that is your motivation you are going to be dissapointed. If we as women over 45 are required to look 20 again so that men are motivated to date us well we might as well call it a day. I do not believe that a man who has his head on straight and is not desparately seeking to get his own youth back has 20 in mind.

The reason I work at it harder is #1 I stopped ignoring what was not making me feel good and started taking charge of my health rather than my health taking charge of me. #2 I realized that feeling strong gave me a sense of empowerment. #3 That if I want to dance, bike, swim or (whatever your heart desires) for as long as I can I was going to have to maintain my body. It was not going to happen by osmosis.
 choirdiva
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:32:15 PM
I don't see it as hard work to take care of yourself, if you're doing it FOR yourself. If you're doing it for someone else, it's always hard. I could never date a man who dictated when and how I take care of myself. You can tell pretty fast after meeting someone, if you are compatible with the way they take care of themselves.

I would say this discussion could include mental and intellectual health, which is just as important to me.

The way a person looks at you can be much more stimulating than the way a person looks...if ya know what I mean.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 1:40:26 PM
Darlin' you're 41 for godsakes! I'd just given birth....again at that age! We may think we look fine at any age, but the willies don't.
So trust me, you start chuggin' up the road to 60 and a win on the lotto sounds pretty good for doing a flip on this biaich.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >