Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greyfeld
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Does being old mean you have to be rude?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I have been a member here since June 4, 2008.

I have only received 4 negative messages since that day. 2 of them came from really old men that has the same similar message to send me: "Being beautiful isn't everything" and one had the audacity to add "I bet you have not spoken to a real man before, email me at bittergeezerrod at yoohoo dot com.

Does being old mean being mean to others?

PS: Their ages are 53 and 62 years old.

Your profile is pretentious and rude. You sound like you have a stick up your ass a mile long, and you have a slew of modeling pics that, not only look out-dated, but leave one to wonder if they're really photos of you, or pictures you stole from somebody online.

The way I see it, you should be happy ANYONE would bother messaging you, with the way your page comes across. And if you're so damn busy (as your profile dictates) then why are you spending your time pissing and moaning on a web forum about the emails you're getting from strangers twice your age?
 Mirage111
Msg: 69
Does this suit make me look sexy, boys? What about this one?
Posted: 6/22/2008 1:26:11 PM
you are so very very brutal!! bad boys bad! calm down.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 1:29:46 PM

you are so very very brutal!! bad boys bad! calm down.

I dunno, I'm just in one of those moods today where the more feathers I can ruffle, the better :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/22/2008 1:49:56 PM
I still am waiting on an answer to my previous question....but just thought I would inform you that I spoke with moderator who said that photos are removed by Admin/Big Fish ONLY IF THEY VIOLATE POSTING RULES...not simply because they "irked" someone or several people. :)

Personally, I have NADA against your photos...though in all honesty, the only resemblance they seem to share, is that they are of someone Asian...they do not appear to be the same person, unless they were years apart?! Just my opinion.

But if you have problems with people accusing you of such, instead of trying to prove your way with a webcam, snap a pic of you with something dated, like a newspaper?! LOL I think the main reason most would not like your photos is that they are ALL posed, "glamour style," and airbrushed, made up, professional. That's not REAL. And on a dating site, people want to see the real, every day you. :O)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:10:09 PM
OP, it is my belief that people post pics to GET PEOPLE TO GO TO THEIR PROFILE.
[and hopefully read it???] Men ARE visual. Translated, that means your MAIN picture SCREAMS come see my profile. I am guessing your profile has had THOUSNDS of views from men of ALL ages... in the short time you have been here...

With the way you have chosen to "word your profile" I am quite surprised that ONLY TWO "old men" have bothered to write to you. Does this mean that they DID or DID NOT read your profile? Or decided not to waste their time writing to you? Does it matter?

I am guessing after this post, you MIGHT get a few more? So just how many "silly emails" have you gotten from younger men I have to wonder...
 c_deacon
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:57:44 PM
OP......Just a personal note from this "older man".......

Being assertive is one thing.....being aggressive and on edge a totally different one....

Using "tact" in both your profile and yes, your pictures, can show an assertive, yet kind individual that wants to actually accomplish something on a dating site like this one.

You know what you want, what you offer, and what you really look like, and that is what you should offer a glimpse of in your profile, your pictures, and your attitude. How you do this is just as important if not more so, than what you do.

May I suggest using some of those great professional pictures along with some private, personal ones that show you as the every day person you know you are? How about adding more preferences to keep those you so do not want contacting you, from doing so?

Maybe some thoughts and hints about the inner you, your desires, wants, needs and offerings that are more about the personal you, and less about the professional you, along with some carefully worded hints about what you are looking for and will respond to.

Please do not pigeon hole all men into categories, just because a few have over stepped the boundaries of dating, and in return, I bet more of us will not pigeon hole you either........

Just my opinion.......
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 74
Does being old mean you have to be rude?
Posted: 6/22/2008 4:09:09 PM

".....Oh, and if you're a pretty, large breasted woman with a great sense of humor who likes to have fun, then you can **** off! Go get a vibrator and a bucket of ice cream to share with your cat you annoying slags."

It's times like these that I wish for huge knockers.

Is anyone else laughing at post number 58? Or is it just me?

I have a cramp now.
 opnmydm
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/22/2008 4:20:26 PM
no, nobody should be rude, they probably just forgot to take all their meds for the day..cut them a little slack...:)
 xeot
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 8:08:29 PM

You might have seen my photos in other websites

The only dating websites I look at are here and . Maybe I shouldn't be so fast in assuming spam bots ;) anyways... someone might have lifted your pictures.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/23/2008 3:06:55 PM
Well, when the plumbing no longer meets trade specs... one is bound to be a little crotchety.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >