Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 natural energy
Msg: 57
view profile
History
2008 Olympics ~ Can't Wait l August!Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Phelps doesn't need the juice, he eats 12,000 calories a day !!

... and he has to work those calories off too!
.... and work it into muscle!
.... and he certainly has the confidence too!
.... and seems to be a good sportsman .....
 huixin
Msg: 60
view profile
History
2008 Olympics ~ Can't Wait l August!
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:01:23 PM
track and field must be the highlight.
I like weighlifting very much .
when is track and field???
I am watching tv now, change the channels but fail to have it
 natural energy
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:37:08 PM
huixin,

Here is the official web site for the games: http://en.beijing2008.cn/
You can see when all the events are.

Olympics is being televised usually from 6AM to noon, and then from 6PM through to 3AM on both Canadian and US stations. ON the weekends you can find it on tv almost all day!

... oops .... I see you are in China. I don't know when they televise it there.
 natural energy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:05:05 PM
Actually the Track and Field has already started..... live now... 11 PM Thurs Aug 14 here ..... 11AM Friday Aug 15 in Beijing.

... and Michael Phelps continues on his golden swim trek!
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/15/2008 3:20:20 PM
Entirely too, too much emphasis on win win win gold gold gold. And this statement from a formerly top-level competitive soccer player in the USA...yeah, that'd be me. I'd really love it if no one kept score, without frothing reporters whipping us up into unforeseen frenzies.

I am grateful that I had an opportunity to try out for the USA Olympic soccer team when dinosaurs roamed. I was cut because of an injury (ye olde hamstring) that would not heal fast enough...dead weight was I.

Still, for the rest of you who enjoy the testosterone-pump of competition, more power to ya.

Had team handball been in existence when I was a younggin, man I'd be all over that sport.
 natural energy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:05:51 PM
Nao namorado,

I am totally with you.
Just to participate with the best is an honor and should be respected by all!

I used to coach Special Olympic athletes .... and will again in the future ...

Their motto is wonderful and should apply to all competitions!

"Let me win but if I can not win, let me be brave in the attempt"
 natural energy
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 9:27:11 PM
After saying: "Let me win but if I can not win, let me be brave in the attempt" as the Special Olympic motto .......

I am happy to see that Canada will finally be getting a medal in the women's wrestling - 48 kg
...... in a few hours ...... either gold or silver ........

She will be so thrilled to be the first Canadian medalist!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:24:35 AM
The interview with Spitz and Phelps was great, think about it, Mark is really the only one that knows exactly what Michael is feeling. I think he got as choked up about conveying it as much as Michael was speechless at hearing it spoken in words about the hard work and determination it takes. One to go, but it is a team swim, so not completely in Phelp’s control. Might be a nice celebration though if they do it, he will have buddies to help him scream.

Little bit of drama there with the protest by the Serbian delegation. I was wondering if there was going to be a another toss of the medal and walk off from a medalist. I read the comments of Cavic after though and he really didn’t know much about the protest at the time and said he wasn’t angry , was happy to get a medal and would have been thrilled to share a gold with Phelps if it had come to that, very gracious.

The Brits are doing well, Adlington smashed Janet Evans record in the 800 free style.

Anyone see the situation in one of the heats for swimming with the ladies when one of the woman had a rip in her suit and the American ran over to the official to ask if they could wait until she had changed? That is what sportsmanship is all about.

How about the weeping Brazilian? Poor thing just couldn’t contain himself. I got to go to the store and buy a new box of Kleenex.
 24/7 Spyz
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/16/2008 10:09:33 PM
Why is there such a heated debate about the Olympics and rooting for your own country? This isn't the Special Olympics. It used to be the"dreaded"Russians or our neighbors to the north.What happened to Patriotism? USA! USA! USA! World domination.
Besides Michael Phelps, name another athlete that isn't listed on this thread.You can't,because there isn't anything memorable about these Olympics since a few people posted about the opening ceremony.
I'll tell you what's memorable.The absurd boxing scoring system.Totally ridiculous.I bet no one watched any of the boxing.Come on,where's your"world"spirit?
The Chinese woman's/girl's gymnasts being underaged.That's memorable.
Did anyone watch baseball?Then tell me what the rules are after the 11th inning?You can't.That retarded rule is memorable.
The Olympic committee getting rid of Softball,because it's"not fair"that the USA keeps winning!
The chinaman stabbing the americans.
Fencing.Rowing.Badminton.The Canadiens going a whole week without a medal.Professional athletes.All memorable.
What happened do the good old days when the athletes were amateurs and the fans were thirsting for a victory?
When"Mercury"won the marathon.When"Zeus"won the wrestling.When"Atlas"won the weightlifting.And"Poseiden"won the swimming.
Those memories of yester-year.(500 B.C)
 natural energy
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 7:10:37 AM
I missed seeing the fastest man on earth!
I hope to catch that on replays!

The gymnasts are great that is for sure!
I will also have tocatch the replay of the American pommel horse gymnast.

And for those of you who "only" look at the "winners" and "medals" ..... Canada is finally winning medals!

.... do the rest of you see that Doobiebro (who is now hidden) and MrT (alisa MrTambourine) and now 24/7Sypyz appear to be the same person!
What is that all about ...... Attention getter or what? ...... tired of being ignored? .......
Hiding from the mods?
... but the same abnoxious character shines through! .... "chinaman" is very rude!
 natural energy
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 7:33:51 AM
Wow! I just saw the world's fastest women!
Jamaica certainly dominates the 100 m runs!
Congratulations to them all! Truly Amazing!
And tied for silver! Wow!
 natural energy
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:00:00 AM
Try CBC!
They cover it all!

As Just alittle Crazy implies that I am a little sarcastic .....
I truly route for all the althetes ... the name of competition in fun and peace!
... and may the best win ....... but this does not mean to be arogant about it!

... a real sportsman(woman) will congratulate all the winners and competitors!
.... an arm chair sportsman(woman) should do the same!

an earthling,
You are too funny!
That just may be true!
There have already been comments here on this thread about the beach volleyball ... funny it is the men commenting about the women!
 natural energy
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:35:52 PM
Just alittle Crazy,

Yes, you said that my statement was a little sarcastic ... which implies the person is being sarcastic!

... and I did not refer to you as being arrogant .... some other posters were being arrogant and abnoxious ... particularly the three in one person! Do you know who I mean?

I am always a calm and patient person ... so don't worry about that.
Perhaps you are a little hyped with the Michael Phelps thread you have posted to.

As you say, we are all entitled to our opinion as long as it is not rude and abnoxious.
I was not referring to you in that regard.

Too many people emphasize the medals ..... while I emphasize the competitions ... while acknowledging and congratulating the winners as well.
 natural energy
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:47:24 PM
Just alittle Crazy,

Whatever!
There was no malice intended!

We are both enjoying the Olympics as many others are ... and, that is what matters!

Yes, Usain Bolt (9.69) was amazing .... and the women Shelly-Ann Fraser (10.78), Sherone Simpson (10.98) and Kerron Stewart (10.98) .... The Jamaican trio!
... The fastest men and women in this Olympics (and the world for Usain)!
(the fastest woman was Florence Griffith Joyner of USA with 10.49 in 1988).
 blondblueyed
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:47:58 PM
So, I guess it is official mon, the Jamaicans are the fastest people on the planet mon and very pretty, too!

As for the NBC programming, one simple word “ratings”, when the swimming and gymnastics are aired they are the most watched programming according to the Nielsen figures with Saturday Night being the highest rating for NBC since 1990.

They are personally my favorite events and I think the best story in the ladies gymnastics is the 33 year old (pretty much unheard of) Chusovitina, a Russian now competing for Germany winning the Silver on the vault. She was part of the Unified Team that won the Gold in Barcelona.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/18/2008 11:31:02 AM
mr t

Your speaking for athletes when saying that China wants it more than any other country....

I refuse to beleive that any American is sitting around saying "I hope I win gold, but if I win silver, thats good enough"

stop speaking for athletes that train there whole life to compete in something so important.....
 natural energy
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 4:14:32 AM
I love gymnastics as well .... have missed the last bit of gymnastics ..... so missed Shawn Johnson ..... perhaps next Olympics for her gold! ... but she got her silvers!
I will have to get the replays ....

The triathalon has to be the extreme sport of the Olympics, wouldn't you say?
I can't even imagine swimming in the waters there ..... I expect high in pollution ... and then getting on your bike when you are wet! ugh ...... You'd think they'd do the run after the swim so you could at least dry off ....... or sort of dry off I guess since it is so hot there!

Australia dominated the womens triathalon, with Portugal getting their first medal -- Silver!

Congratulations to Simon Whitfield for his silver medal!
And to the other medal winners!
 natural energy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 7:21:23 AM
ipfreak,
Your Shawn Johnson just got her gold on the women's beam!
She was great!
 natural energy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 9:21:37 AM
valen sinclair,

GB is doing great at the games, that is for sure!
I know that your greatest rivals are the Aussies ...... Cadel Evans may have been tired after coming in second at the Tour de France!
Nicole Cooke did great in the women's road race!
The joys of winning!

I haven't caught much of the track races.
I see that GB is doing great there!

You will be fortunate to host the 2012 games!
Four years will go by in no time.
 blondblueyed
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:58:21 PM

a) Why are the US divers so fat? They should have skipped the last big Mac before diving.

Anyone wonder why there are so many young women with eating disorders? On what planet would any of these women be fat?

What puzzle me most is I believe the minimum age for Olympic games is 16.

I believe I heard it mentioned during the gymnastics coverage that now they have to at least be turning 16 in the year the Olympics are held. At one time you had to be 14 by the first day of competition. The ages of a few of the gals from the Chinese team are going to be investigated. Actually, I agree with Bela Karolyi, the only reason this is a “scandal” is because the age was changed, Nadia was only 14 when she competed in Montreal and Shannon Miller had turned 15 a few months prior to the Olympics in Barcelona. If they can handle it mentally and physically enough to qualify in their events they should be allowed to compete. If anyone should know, it would be him, he and his wife coached Nadia.

Nao_Namorado
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:02:20 PM
Okay, enough. I can't wait until they're finished...after all, I've memorized all of the ads that the Olympics serve as a shill for. Plus, my arm's tired of playing good little nationalist, waving the flag of my nation. Yeah team [yawn].
 Outdoor2
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 12:55:14 AM
While flipping between CBC and NBC on "live" events, I did notice a several second delay on one channel one night, then on the other channel the next night.

It makes one wonder what the definition of "live broadcast" is. The popular used "seven second delay" is BS in my view. Just another way to skew reality if something untoward was to happen.

Anyone remember NBC's "live broadcast" of the opening ceremonies in '02? It was 3 hours late...

539 days to.....GO CANADA!!!
 Thatguy67
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 4:17:25 PM
Congrats to Canada as well!

Now I wonder if China will invade Taiwan anytime soon?
 natural energy
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 2:26:07 PM
So many great athletes!
So many great competitions!
I will miss the last two weeks of the great Olympic talents!

I happened to catch the Rhythmic Gymnastics on Saturday and saw Evgeniya Kanaeva's routine with the hoop! Wow! Fantastic! She was much better than this dancing bannana! She looked like she was weaving through that hoop!.... simply amazing. If you missed it, here is a routine she has on Youtube .. it is not the Olympic routine exactly, but it still shows her great skill and "perfect body". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDIXU_BRAk
I guess if we all trained like she did we'd look like that too?

If anyone knows when(if) they will have an Olympics highlights show on tv, please let us know ..... I'd like to see all the wins ..... not just Canada or the US ......
 Outdoor2
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 9:27:52 PM

china will go broke.....

With five thousand (or so) years of history...I don't think so...

This was their "coming out" party!

The opening ceremonies "giant steps" (although fake) spoke volumes...

The other games have just begun...
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >