Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hawkdream
Msg: 32
view profile
History
POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion ClubPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Don't believe ok about his pool game being rusty. He beat the socks outta me and I used to hustle pool, lol.
hawk
 Arazrbkfan
Msg: 33
view profile
History
POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:28:33 AM
Ok, POF members....This will be my 1st. party to attend, I have heard alot of great things about the last party, cant wait to meet yall!
 numlet
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/14/2008 8:32:04 PM
We were off the net for awhile this afternoon and evening and I suppose some of you as I, didn't realize you didn't have a life or a job. We ll we are back up and running again. When we went blank we lost track of who had regestered and who hadn't. I do know Betty Boop is new and we would like to take this oppertunity to welcome her aboard. This is going to be a grest party and it is getting close. If we can help you, in any way let us know. thanks Chuck

If we have missed greeting anyone let us know. We just lost count for awhile, Sorry. I was oh soooooo wrong, Lady Hawk was on the ball as usual and covered for me. Thanks Lady Hawk. Chuck

Time to Fish or Cut Bait Sign up now!!!!!!!!
 numlet
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:41:37 PM
Hi Call me Nameless: Glad to hear form you. Yes we are having five of the best Karaoke singers that perform at the Leagon to entertain us. They were delighted when they were invited to perform. I have never heard them but have been told by many how good they really are. I think they are working out a program for the dinner dineing and I don't believe the diners will be involved. The Legion is going all out to make this a great experience for everyone that attends. Thanks for the Atta Girls and Atta Boys. We appreciate that and hope you are well by Sat. Chuck and Gang.

Hey Shellia: Family comes first, sorry you won't be able to attend, Happy Camping.
Chuck

EVERYONE ::::: Don't Sit Home and Let Your Friends Tell You What A Great Time They Had. Join Us Now by Posting Your Intent to Attend. Don't Cut Bait>>> Lets Go Fishing
 numlet
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:25:36 AM
HEY EVERYONE WE NEED YOUR HELP IF POSSIBLE. THE LEGION HAS ASKED ME TO TRY TO GET A HEAD COUNT AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE DINNER MEAL. THE SMOKED MEAT WILL BE DONE ON FRIDAY AND WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH TO PREPARE. ----------A simple email to my POF email is all that is needed. Something like {3 in my party} is sufficient.

P.S. If you see mispelled words in my messages, J.D. helps me with my spelling.

We are at 120 this morning. Looks like a lot of people Won't be Cutting Bait Saturday Night. The Fishing Trip is almost at hand. Get Ready To Fish, Hooks Sharp and your best Bait. Mine is called A-Lure by Bass Master Pro, only joking Thanks Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:46:09 AM
TO EVERYONE THAT PLANS TO HAVE THEIR DINNER AT THE LEAGON, PLEASE HELP US BY LETTING US KNOW HOW MANY YOU WILL HAVE IN YOUR PARTY, PLEASE INCLUDE YOURSELF IN THE NUMBER. WE NEED A HEAD COUNT IN ORDER TO PREPAIR ENOUGH FOOD FOR THIS EVENT.

TO DO SO, EMAIL ME BY CLICKING ON MY PROFILE AND LEAVE A SHORT MESSAGE THAT CAN BE AS SHORT AS, JUST A NUMBER. WE NEED THIS BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON AS THE MEAT WILL BE SMOKED FRESH ON FRIDAY.

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION:::::::: CHUCK
 numlet
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:49:45 PM
Fun guy: The dinner is special if you like smoked boneless pork. Also the karaoke singers are good. So a $5.95 sit down meal with entertainment. Thanks for your comment and good fishing Chuck

HEY EVERYONE YOU NEED TO DO WHAT FUN GUY DID AND SIGN UP FOR THE PARTY AND THE MEAL. TIME TO FISH OF CUT BAIT
 numlet
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:47:36 PM
I believe I have that problem taken care of for you. I left you an email in you inbox. Thanks Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:23:08 AM
Hi Folks: We have purchased 2 lifesized cardboard cut outs of 2 famous people and we are going to give them away during the party. I had posted earlier that we had two celebrities that was suposed to show up for our party. Welllll, as things go there has been some flack from some one or someones that maybe I was being a little deceptive in what I had said, and after considering it Maybe I Was. So Here's the deal. You come, You win, You take home for your very own a cardboard cutout of the celebrity You won. One is a cowboy for the ladies, the other is a Lady of national and world fame, for the man. Sorry if is miss led anyone and if the only reason you were attending the party was because of this added attraction, the celebrities will surely be there, but in cardboard. Thanks Chuck

Also: The cry goes out again to all you men that will be sitting at home tomorrow night watching a re-run on tv, post that you are coming and get on out to the legion and join all the lovely ladies that are going to be there just dieing to meet you. Guys this is one of the funnest times you will ever have on a $5.00 cover charge, You can also come early, say around six thirty and have a meal of fresh cooked Bar B Que and sides for only $5.95 plus tax. The ladies will be dining right along side you and you will be early to see and be seen. Thanks So Much Chuck.
Lets go fishing

I just took a look at the picture ledger of the ones that are coming and there 136 smiling faces looking back at me, and I might say a Fine Looking Bunch also. Each one of you is special and it will be nice to meet you tomorrow evening. Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:18:14 PM
Howdy Lady Hawk: We are at 140 now. Only one more day and then gathering day.
I for one am getting as excited deer hunter on opening morning of the season. This is definately going to be a great party, couldn't be anything else with all the things that are in store for us. The Legion is going all out and we have the best crew of party people we could ever hope to assemble. It is definately time to put the ole bait bucket aside and get to fishing. Hey Jd the lady needs your help syphering.
LETS ALL GO FISHING
 numlet
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:32:26 PM
Hey Jd I have been checking the obits. thought you might have expired. I shined my boots and got my 2 shirts out, can't decide which one I want to wear. Got 2 pairs of pants also. This counrty boy is well healed. lol
 numlet
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:44:07 PM
Hey Lady hawk do you know how to use a digital camera? I need someone to take pictures for the party. I have a camera and it is supposed to be a good one. Think you might be able to do that?
 numlet
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:48:59 PM
Jd. I need you to be around close to me where I can keep an eye on you and you on me, we don't want to get over loaded. We have 144 signed up as of now and the ladies outnumber the men some. Should be a good night. Right?
 numlet
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:55:58 PM
Ok on the camera lady hawk. I am going to bed, I have some driving to do in the morning. Don"t forget to sweep up and turn out the lights before you close up. Cd
 ok72076
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:50:05 PM
LadyHawk and Tea, HawkDream and myself are pool duffers too. We'll be glad to play you too.

I'll try to remember to bring my camera too. Except for the limited flash, it took pretty good shots.
 numlet
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:44:02 AM
Well Folks: Today is D-day as in Dance day. I am headed to North Little Rock this morning. This will be a fun night. I appreciate all the help people have given me. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and hope you have a great time at the party and maybe come away with an new friend or two. The Legion has done a great job and we couldn,t have a better venue. Thanks to all that took and active role in helping with this party. See you Tonight. The fishing expedition has finally arrived. LET'S GET IN A PARTY MOOD AND GET TO FISHING.
 relic58
Msg: 48
POF Party at Amer. Legion
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:52:40 PM
I just want to thank everyone that coordinated this event. I had fun.
 ok72076
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:31:49 PM
Linda,

You ran away before we had our game of pool or a slow dance :(
 ok72076
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:56:33 PM
Just one more late night owl thought.

GUYS, at the next party, don't just ask the ladies who are your "TYPE" in age, size or weight to dance. I was at a table with a nice group of older ladies, 60+, and they could out dance a squad of men.

Perhaps they were Legion Members who didn't know any better, but too many guys seemed to just hug the wall and overlooked a friend and the other ladies. And, Dance or shoot pool if a woman asks you. And remember, some women aren't comfortable asking you.

And, LADIES, if you don't dance, when a guy, even an ugly Teddy Bear, asks you to dance, why not ask if he would like to shoot some pool or talk where it's a little quieter? You can still here the music by the pool tables. Aren't we at the dance for a little fun?
 numlet
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:28:18 AM
Hey Gang: It's 11:00 am and I have just rolled over. I was completely zonked, couldn't sleep until about three am. Images of scenes from the party going through my mind. Everyone is just the greatest, Ladies and Gentlemen to the last. I am Proud and delighted by the atmosphere created by YOU, the ones that attended. So Warm and Friendly, so ready to help and overly generous with your cudos and atta boys for me. I said from the start, this is not my party, I am only the caretaket. You took that to heart and made your party one of the best nights of my life. For that I say a Heart Felt Thank you to each and every one. You did Good, Atta Girl and Atta Boy to all of you.
There will be a round two. The Legion has already accepted our preposial for another so I will let you know. It was announced last night that the legion will start having a dance every Saturday night starting August 2, 2008, We will tie our POF Party in with that continueing event and we should have even larger crowds. Again, thanks to everyone. Lets keep these parties going and growing. Ain't Plenty of Fish Fun???
Chuck

GETTING READY TO FISH AGAIN:::::::
 cowgirl4777
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:53:32 PM
Awesome party, the food and companionship was great, and I met so many wonderful people. Thanks to all who put in so much thought and effort, you did a fantastic job. I had a blast. You all deserve so many more thanks than what I already wrote here. Thanks again.
 numlet
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:20:18 AM
Good Mornong Joyce: Yes that was some outing. Everyone semed to have a good time. I am still in NLR. My son had a father son project for me. he watched and handed me tools as I intalled another electrical circuit in his house. Had to go from the meter to a closet for his security system. We just laughed as we fished the wire through the wall. OH YES, we laughed. NOT.
I believe we can put this one down as a success and start planning for the next one.
I emailed your friend in LR this morning. She is using a pictrue in her profile made at the party. I will stay in contact with you but in the mean time I must make my way back to pike county this morning. Thanks for the help. Chuck

Hey OK. I have done as requested and you should be good to go on launching your pictures. Cd

I am sharpening my hooks and starting to cut bait for the next fishing expo.
Hey Gang, Lets get ready to FISH. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:15:02 AM
Notice, The next POF event hosted by our team will not be on August 2, 2008 , I will let you know so keep watching. And Thanks Everyone, You are and were Great Guests. Thanks. Caretaker Chuck

Jd did you get your limit? I sure did. I am ready to fish again.
 ok72076
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:55:02 PM
chuck,

I Added 10 photos on the other thread.

If anyone wants a copy sent to their email, just email me. Otherwise, I'll be deleting them next weekend.
 numlet
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:10:05 PM
Thanks Therisa; JD and a special thanks to ok72076, Ok you got the dark pictures that didn't come out for us. Thanks for covering for us. We will be fishing again soon. I promise. Chuck
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club