Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jadegreen
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Cave man days, bring'em backPage 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
john.duke12 did you take a poll of every man on earth to make this statement below?

" Most men don't want someone weaker "

Plus let's clarify something...I didn't use the word "weak" you did. I used the word "leader" . Two people can be equally strong, but one may give the other permission to lead. Think about that concept. I am by no means what one would consider a "weak"woman...I am very strong person and a lot of times it is actually hard to find someone on my level, but I do prefer a man slightly stronger...Men are more logical thinkers and women are governed by emotions alot.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 155
Cave man days, bring'em back
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:33:07 PM
Think of the current day club – A woman goes into a club, gets hammered, and the Cro-Magnon carries her back to his cave.

Ha haha, this thread is too much fun.

Can I buy you a drink? Ha haha, oh, my stomach hurts. Get her hammered, I love it.

Translation - now don't go hurting yourself, you know them cavewomen knew how to use a club too, and they'd drag you back to the cave just as easily. I do believe there are many of women on here that could do it!!!

I agree this thread is fun. I wonder if the op knew what he was getting himself into by starting this!!!
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:03:30 PM
I do believe there are many of women on here that could do it!!!

Hmmm, my imagination is running rampant right about now!!!

Translation - careful there bigboy, that could be a good thing and a bad thing!!! Some of them cavewomen could take down a dino so tread easily!

And their club might be a whole lot bigger then your imagining!! Then again.....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:52:03 PM

john.duke12 did you take a poll of every man on earth to make this statement below?

I am certain that John Dukes' use of the word "most" is every bit as valid as the posters who keep insisting that "most" women want a man to tell her what to do and how to do it.

Men are more logical thinkers and women are governed by emotions alot.

How can you be snide about someone else's general, blanket statement while you keep making the same types of statements?

That insults my logic and my male friend is sitting in the corner crying because it emotionally insults him.

jadegreen
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:20:40 PM
Ahhhh that's sad your logic has been insulted gwendolyn...I'm cryin a bucket full :laugh...

I see your up to your usual posts of picking apart what others post versus just posting your own independent thoughts...

Anyway I've said all I'm gonna say about this and am not going to get into a silly nit picking debate with you...please some other debator please step up in line

NEXT!!!!!!!!
 jadegreen
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:26:45 PM
Oh and forgot to say I agree with everything "Stormwhispers" had to say about your form of debating and discussion. You do seem to get sidetracked from the original discussions by "picking apart" what others say. I do believe I pointed this out to you another time on another forum topic once.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:17:12 PM

Oh and forgot to say I agree with everything "Stormwhispers" had to say about your form of debating and discussion.

You had decided to ignore me! Damn, just like a woman, can't leave it alone.

Snort.

I do believe I pointed this out to you another time on another forum topic once.

Sorry, I don't remember you, but I am not surprised that you remember me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:19:51 PM

Its no use, I have been dealing with college teachers for 3 years now, and they are never wrong. I don’t care how much logic you put into it or how much proof that you have, they are never wrong. Most of them have been teaching for decades, and by golly, if it’s not the way that they say it is, you fail, and they will not, ever, give in. They get stuck on repeat and that is final.

Then why bother to get an education? Obviously, college instructors have nothing to teach you. I would say that not only are you wasting your money on school, you are wasting your time in addressing me here.
 NiceOnPurpose
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:48:21 PM

Snort.

Why does it not surprise me that she snorts?

So you are saying that they are good at foreplay, and are willing to provide a meal?

LOL....its true, its all true. SOME of us cavemen lovers are so good at it we actually make inferences to those very traits in our profiles.

Frankly I think the reason SOME posters are so adamantly against the cavemen types is that they aren't comfortable enough with thier inate feminity to give that kind of complete trust to a man. SOME women are trying to hard to be one themselves.

I enjoy being a female especially when I am high on some caveman's testosterone.

As far as the nitpicking I've received:

She can't form a logical argument against the OP other than one that includes inferences that were never present in his initial statement so instead she attacks the grammer, punctionation and minor mistakes of the posters who agree with him.

There are plenty of metro-sexual effeminate men in the world for her. Unfortunately even SOME of them will not appreciate the constant criticism and nitpicking she's made apparent she is capable of.

I am still brave enough to state that MOST (yes I did say MOST) men prefer compliments (I spelled it right this time) to cut-downs no matter how limp their wrist may or MAY NOT be.

Now if I could only find a local caveman who has the leadership ability the OP was referring to....I'd probably follow him to the ends of the Earth.
Before I sign off this thread for good and let the Cavemen battle the Amazons without my assistance I have the following statement of gratitude to make:

Wail mah pooah undereducated sef jus wans ta tack a moment ta think Mizzy Gwendolyn on her vary gud edjumacation uv uz allz un heah. Wail I'z jus shore we culda degeeenerated inta a axeual convesate un da subjet a hand, iffn she hadna steeped up wid da Anglish an gramma lezzins.

Frankly I think it must be true, even with basic communications. Those who can't---TEACH. Those who can --- Do.
 WeAre1
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 5:01:34 AM
stormwhisp: you wrote:

"...Frankly I think the reason SOME posters are so adamantly against the cavemen types is that they aren't comfortable enough with thier inate feminity to give that kind of complete trust to a man. SOME women are trying to hard to be one themselves.
I enjoy being a female especially when I am high on some caveman's testosterone...."

I realize you use the word 'some' but please know, I am completely comfortable with my femininity and I can completely trust a man....I also get off on mens' testosterone too (like all women who enjoy sex with men, or even just their company)....
SO, come on - please stop imagining yourself as superior and having a special connection with men that some other women don't share just because they don't want the caveman image that the OP described.
The more divided we get (people from people, gender from gender, gender within gender), the less loving we can all be, it seems to me.
 Pandy
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/29/2008 5:24:54 AM
I think the reason SOME posters are so adamantly against the cavemen types is that they aren't comfortable enough with thier inate feminity to give that kind of complete trust to a man.

Personally, I am attracted or not attracted to a man based an a variety of his qualities. Whether or not he is assertive can be a good thing or a bad thing based on those other qualities. This kind of thing can only be taken on an idividual basis.

For anyone to denigrate the preferences of others is both ludicrous and a stab at self-aggrandizing.

So, you like tough guys? Good for you. It's a good thing to know what you like. BUT?...That doesn't make you any more or less feminine than women who prefer their partners to have equal footing or those who have a bit of dominatrix lurking in their personalities.

SOME women are trying to hard to be one themselves.

so... if a woman has a penchant for domination or likes to be the aggressor, she's trying to be a man? WHEW! Talk about a time trip to the 1950s. I'll look forward to a time when a woman can revel in her sexuality without another woman's chauvanism trying to bring her back to more traditional behaviors.

NiceOnPurpose
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:21:25 AM
I am so sick of this new philosophy that women are somehow superior to men. We are not. Neither would I say men are superior to women. I do appreciate MOST men's natural inclination toward dominance and non-violent aggression. I think it is a crime to diminish that in anyway. I also appreciate MOST women's natural inclination toward nurturing. It is my favorite thing about being female. I LOVE being the *soft* one.

All that says to me is that men are both incapable to hear emotion in language like women can and that they are less capable to figure in emotion into the decision making process. This is not a strength. It would, in fact, be a weakness, especially when dealing with a relationship conflict.

There are studies too that say that women are more effective leaders. I happen to think that government should be ruled by an equal representation of both genders. What people choose to do in their own home is their own business.

The entire point I am trying to make is that our brains are wired differently because of testosterone and because of estrogen. I don't think I am superior to anyone. I do think I am right though. That doesn't make me superior, it makes me honest. I have studied as much as I've been able to on how brains work. The reason for this is that I have boys with Asperger's syndrom. Because I was successful in my studies and applied my knowledge in aspects other than this particular issue, my boys are living normal and dare I say socially successful lives when experts urged me to institutionalize them because their autism would get worse and not better. They were not even expected to read. So egotistical as SOME women on this forum think I am, I have living proof in my life that I thoroughly understand that which I've read. My oldest son makes more money than I do and graduated from High School a year early and on the honor roll. My youngest one is entering High School this fall. I also have an autistic daughter. She is the most intelligent person I know, and happily married to her High-School sweetheart for the past 4 years, he is a former marine. She is also one of the youngest managers at a major grocery store chain. Because of the estrogen that bathes her brain, her social skills were not nearly as affected as my sons and it took very little effort on my part to help her cope with her differences. Success speaks for itself.

I will note that IMO, Asperger's autism brings out gender differences more than the general population.

As far as behind closed doors goes, that is not really what the OP was talking about. However the door is closed for a reason. IMO, ANYTHING goes between two consenting adults, including a power exchange that may be part of thier life when that door is open.

Women on the other hand, as far as trust goes, I only need to keep an eye on some of them, some of the time. But finding a woman that I trust enough to let down my guard with all of the time, that is not easy. I know people all to well. But I know that I will find a woman that will put me atop her priority list. Someday.

You will find her. I know people well too, the reason why I left the law office I worked in for so many years was because I wanted to spend more time with good people instead of becoming cynical by spending it with the worst examples of humanity (murderers, rapists and thieves). Just because you've seen something ugly does not mean that beauty isn't a blink away. Best of luck to you!
 Thudpucker
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:56:38 PM
Many guys are not the risk-takers that made their dads famous, and the advent of the internet and computers has minimized the risk of embarassment of "putting yourself out there."

The days of manly men might be numbered, as our society seems to be progressing toward the meek mode, where men are not necessarily mice, but they are nevertheless highly attracted to the aroma of aged cheese and fine wine, and the manufacture (and skillful use) of testerone is becoming a lost art.

There was a time when wimps were in vogue. I would hate to think that those days are coming back.

I cannot advocate a caveman approach in today's world, but I applaud a society where women are women and men are men.
 WeAre1
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:17:01 PM
um, i don't want to sound petty, but the men do not decide the first date if they want to meet me (and i'm not a feminist either, other than wanting equal pay for equal work)....
if someone wants to meet me i request it's for a coffee and they usually have to come to my area also.....it's what i realized over time seems to be the best first meet for me and them, and if both are wishing for more time together after the coffee, things can always be extended, like going for a walk, perhaps.....again, my suggestion.
and I have no idea what is not a real man.....all men are real to me.
 jadegreen
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:30:47 PM
Thudpucker may I nominate you for the next President? What a man!!!!!
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:54:57 AM
OOOOOOhhhh the male vs female ego thing!! Yeah!!! I realize that we all have our own unique personalities and however one wants to relate to the opposite sex is their choice.

I think that for many with all the new movements/sex harrassment laws ect. there is so much confusion to be politically correct that we aren't allowed to be ourselves.

Olycrappers that is a good point. Many women want a man to do it, and a lot also expect it. Many profiles refer to a ‘Real Man’ and such. What does that mean? I see that as a childish expression to be followed by childish behavior if she doesn’t get her way; even throw a fit if the date is not up to her expectations. No effort on her part, No thanks.

This is a fantastic thread. It makes one realize the idiosyncrasies that men and women have that are hypocritical of the things that they say and do. This is a great way to get down to the core of what we really want, and to learn how properly express, through words and actions, what it is that we are each wanting.

I revise my profile to exclaim what I want, so that others can read it see if they are interested. Thankfully most are not. I have even received hate mail, but most of the women that do email me are very kind, even if it is a negative comment on it. How better to learn how others are perceiving what I write?
Translation is this what you were referring to?? Don't worry - I wouldn't think you put your foot in it too bad, there appears to be much worse on here.

The fact is that men and women are not the same, we were not created equal but quite different. That is not a bad thing. I have no desire to try to prove I am as good as any man. I have very different qualities that men don't have and visa versa. I celebrate those differences. I enjoy being treated like a lady, I don't mind letting the man "do the driving" at all as long as he is not acting like I am something he owns like a pet.

What is sad is how much of a battle the sexes go through instead of just enjoying each other. Who the heck really cares who opens the door, I absolutely love to have a door opened for me, however I also can open the door for myself and someone else. Does it have to be some silly battle? I love the strenth men have that I don't, and I love the softness I have that they lack. Together it can create something amazing with the right person.

I have learned to be independant and strong and take care of myself, however that doesn't mean that I don't desire a man that I can run to, have his arms wrap around me and make me feel so damn safe from the harshness of the world, loved and cherished because I am a woman and he is a man. What is wrong with that? I have no desire to be some little June Cleaver, but I certainly am no Hilary Clinton either (both cracteristics are great in their own rights, just extremes). I am confidant enough in who I am that I don't need to prove anything, I don't have support any issue, there is validity to all sides. But for me, I am understanding of the "caveman" idea to a degree. However if that would involve any type of abuse - well he would be running. I can handle a strongwilled man, an abusive one will find himself in the rain.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 193
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:52:49 PM
Translation - the wonderful thing is that while we may not agree with others opinions we can atleast respect that they have their own. I'd rather have someone be honest and disagree with me then someone lie and parrot me just to get my approval - no respect for someone who can't stand up for what they believe in even if it is against my own opinion.

I admire those who are passionate about their beliefs as long as they are not trying to force them on others. Differences in people can be gifts if seen in the right light. If I am unable to respect another's views and demand that my opinion be accepted as the only right one then I am being narrowminded and limit myself in extreme ways.
 NiceOnPurpose
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:58:51 PM
Liana K. , Thudpucker... you people are brilliant. You put it so well. Thank you!
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:19:23 AM
What happened to the Original Topic? Did someone snatch it and dragged it to a cave and it is now being eaten raw or roasted by a caveman and a cavewoman?
Anybody done any progress on a time machine (one way, to the past).

niick - I think T-Rex is on the prowl for runaway topics!
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:43:21 PM
WOW, thanks for a wonderful laugh!

Sorry but if I were to run in to a so called "cave man" he'd have one nasty "fight" on his hands. I never really understood why my mom would call me her "baby Amazon" until I was in my teens. But now that I am older I understand after being able to do some research on the subject of Amazon women.

Sorry cave man, but I just don't think you'd have the intelligence to handle this Amazon

Brat
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 203
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:50:28 PM

"CAPTAIN......CAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAN!!"

Yes, darling?

No, no, I got rid of all the others....

yooperbrat03
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:59:28 PM

Sorry cave man, but I just don't think you'd have the intelligence to handle this Amazon

ROFL... Why would he want to try???

Because neither of ya have the intellectual aptitude to meet muster

Brat
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 214
Posted: 7/3/2008 11:34:48 AM
This is the real truth.

Some women like to be controled by men.
Some men like to be controled by women.
Most of us don't want to be controled or control another person.
 Merrylass
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 5:54:02 PM
Banter generally requires wit. Wit is the province of the clever.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 216
Posted: 7/3/2008 6:18:14 PM
LMAO ^^^^ Bantering about banter.

~OT~ Good grief...this is still a discussion (or something?) It's just like everything else in life: personal preference. If you don't want someone taking charge, don't date a take-charge person and FFS don't marry a take charge person and then complain of control. If you like a take-charge person or are one, don't date/marry another one ~ power struggle relationships just plain old suck! JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >