Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 203
Cave man days, bring'em backPage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

"CAPTAIN......CAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAN!!"

Yes, darling?

No, no, I got rid of all the others....

yooperbrat03
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Cave man days, bring'em back
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:59:28 PM

Sorry cave man, but I just don't think you'd have the intelligence to handle this Amazon

ROFL... Why would he want to try???

Because neither of ya have the intellectual aptitude to meet muster

Brat
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 214
Posted: 7/3/2008 11:34:48 AM
This is the real truth.

Some women like to be controled by men.
Some men like to be controled by women.
Most of us don't want to be controled or control another person.
 Merrylass
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 5:54:02 PM
Banter generally requires wit. Wit is the province of the clever.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 216
Posted: 7/3/2008 6:18:14 PM
LMAO ^^^^ Bantering about banter.

~OT~ Good grief...this is still a discussion (or something?) It's just like everything else in life: personal preference. If you don't want someone taking charge, don't date a take-charge person and FFS don't marry a take charge person and then complain of control. If you like a take-charge person or are one, don't date/marry another one ~ power struggle relationships just plain old suck! JMO
 forum_moderator
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 11:17:48 PM
*- Some offtopic drift is allowed and expected but refrain from flaming, trolling and generally being jerks to one another. Thanks -TheMadFiddler-*
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:27:40 PM

ROFL... Intellect hell... I dont have a strong enough back.

Smuggler, this comment was uncalled for and derogatory in nature refering to the fact I am a full-figured woman which is my choice to either be happy the way I am or to make a change in myself, for myself. IF you do not like the way I look, then look the other way.

I will refrain from continuing this "banter" as it would be pointless, proving the point of some posters that individuals still possess the "caveman" attitude thus you do not have the intellectual aptitude nor a strong enough back to handle me.

Feel free to post as you wish Smuggler, just rememeber personal attacks on individuals appearance may attrack moderators attention. :modhammer:

Brat
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:58:26 PM

And rants and raves may attract them as well....

Like the implication that we as men, dont measure up intellectually to YOU... hmmmm

dont like it? dont read!

Or do you make it a practice to threaten...??

Listen Smuggler1 I didn't start this, YOU did. I simply made a comment concerning "cavemen" which technically died out millions of years ago. YOU are the one who chose to make a personal attack on me, not the other way around.
Let me remind you what I said in my original post, "Sorry cave man, but I just don't think you'd have the intelligence to handle this Amazon" and you are the one who chose to comment and take it out of context. You chose to point a finger at me which in turn caused ten to be pointed directly back at you.

So again, continue to freely post as you wish. I'll gladly keep track of the posts you've made towards me (personal attack and now YOUR baiting threats) with message numbers and forward them on to the moderators.

Have a good night.

Brat
 deepsea66
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 4:20:03 AM
Lol, I totally agreee with laughinglibra,

I will always control my life from here on in, I have conceded too many times in the past to my regret, but I have grown and learned to live my own life and fullfill my potential, and basically do what makes me feel good and happy without consent, I'm no longer a child that I need someones permission to do what I want.

Finding a guy that has similar ambitions would be great, and a mutual sharing of interests would be the ideal. If not, a respect for each others interests, and a wholehearted support would in my opinion lead to lot's of fun and interesting conversations.

A man who is decisive is appealing, if he is willing to compromise as well,

And a man who is confident in the bedroom, aaahhhhh.....

But no clubs please!

Jasmin
 fetish4u
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:00:07 PM
I hope those days are gone forever.I like the woman to be the assertive one.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 241
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:44:35 PM
OHHHHH OP, wow!!! OK hon, I think that you might have some kind of point but through all your he-man macho me tarzan you jane stuff it's not coming through so well.

As the two posters above ( Tranny) said, you can not control a thread. And did you really think that your topic would NOT cause some heated controversy?
SO take from this waht you will, but some of you women who say no way to giving up control know deep down just as do, that you really do like being controlled. As for the men who misunderstand this topic, I say get a life and a clue, pretending to be politically correct will get you nowhere.

Respect of others is very important unless they show they don't deserve any. Bringin back those cave man days is simply my way os saying "c'mon men take control, chances are your lady will love you for it."
OP your point really isn't coming through as you would like. It's a little offensive that you assume that you have the ability to truly know what women think or feel in this matter. You do NOT know what we feel deep down, do not presume that you do. The only way to know that is to communicate with us, and that is not done through trying to manipulate or control.

Yes women like men to be strong and assertive, we like to know we can lean on him, enjoy his masculine strength and he can enjoy our femininity. That is not the same as control. And the way you are coming off (whether intentionally or not) is not appealing to most women, maybe those with little selfesteem and codependancy issues.
 clubkid66
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:47:19 AM
You need more of acting like a man and not complaining to a woman. No begging and pleading if you feel you are good enough, have confidence, and stop acting like a woman. Make them decide for themselves, let them call, let them tell you when you did good, since they have no problem when you screw up. Move on and go to the next one if she says no, this is not the movies when after the six time she finally says yes.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 243
Posted: 7/8/2008 2:11:27 PM
YourCuteGuy1 - I think you might (MIGHT) be coming across alot better then the op did in getting the point across. It's a fine line and finding that balance is what will decide if a man is being assertive or if he is being controlling.

I still say that not all women are alike, some will be extreme on either side and some will be right in the middle. It would be foolish of any man to assume, and act based solely on that assumption, that he knows exactly what a woman thinks/wants/feels.

And I'll say it again, it's when he does these things wrong or with the wrong intent, is when she will accuse him of being controlling.

Hello? Is that an echo that I hear? ------ I don't know, are you in an empty room?
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 245
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:09:16 PM
YourCuteGuy1 - very good points. But again your seeing it from a man's point of view. And your scenario's are one's I would imagine take place with unhealthy women.

If I am asked where to go for movie/dinner, I have no problem saying what I want or just making a suggestion. I have no problem saying that a certain type of movie wouldn't be ok with me for whatever reason. But if I said for him to choose then I certainly am not going to be angry or sarcastic when he makes a choice. I can see the "damned if he does/doesn't" women get that as well. But here's where the fine line comes in.

Communication. If she reacts with sarcasm he has the option to address her bullcrap behaviour. This has nothing to do with control/caveman stuff. It has to do with being respectful towards each other. Both parties.

And just as her sarcastic response is rotten so would his if he didn't atleast think of what I might want to see. A great man would think of what he knew of my likes/dislikes and try to find something we'd BOTH enjoy - then tell me on the way "Hey babe, I want to take you to a movie I think you'd really like". THAT is being assertive/strong while showing consideration. No clubbing me on the head and saying "This is how it is".

Anyway - I like your input on unhealthy vs healthy. And it becomes obvious (usually) what is and isn't, atleast to the healthy party/parties.
 darkeyes67
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:10:43 PM
I believe in equal rights for BOTH.
If those caveman days are over....its women who are responsible.
I got yelled at for opening the door for a woman... I won't make that mistake EVER again!
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 251
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:00:57 PM
OP, everything you have said has been demeaning. The whole idea of women deep down want to be controled by men is rediculous beyond words.

The idea that just because he is male he should be in control, I don't think so.

There has never and there will never be a time in my life where I will allow a man to control me. When I say never I mean never, not from birth to death, will a man control me.

I come from a long line of women who were born with working brains and do not need men to tell them what to do.

I think that insecure men are the ones that need women that want to be controled. They want to feel like they are more than they are.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 258
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:20:09 PM
calling some who posted here idiots is true.

Really? Why is that? How do you determine if someone is an idiot or not? Is it your personal opinion? Did you find their IQ numbers? Did you give them a mental capacity test?

In turn, me calling you and idiot was not demeaning towards you at all? Because from my standpoint, having viewed your sentence structure, vocabulary, and spelling abilities, you are not even near the intelligence of most of the posters here.

But, knowing the meaning of what an idiot is, I can tell you that no poster here is an idiot, so calling any of the posters here would be demeaning, and not truth. I think that you are an ass.

My intended meaning of ass:
A vain, self-important, silly, or aggressively stupid person.

Which would not be demeaning.

Do you think that cave men were idiots?
Translation - I may be an idiot but that's ok, if I am considered an idiot then I have alot of company and can enjoy idiot converstion - wanna join?

And why argue with an ass? Hypothetically speaking of course.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 261
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:42:09 AM
Vulf - Well put. And music has alot of truth in it (so your a rockhead? ).

The only true idiot (in my opinion) is the one who either can't or won't learn. I know for me the only time I fail is if I fail to learn.

Funny, usually it's when we are younger that we think we know everything and can't be taught, that through life experiences we grow and realize we don't have all the answers.

I had all the answers when I was teens/twenties . I have thankfully grown up enough to know that's not true. Some (despite aging biologically) never mentally mature in this area and become set in their ways so to speak.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 262
Posted: 7/11/2008 3:06:29 PM
Think of it this way.

Taking control in the bedroom starts in the foreplay. And we all know that foreplay starts long before we make it into the bedroom.
Some wise and intelligent words!!!! And the more foreplay, the better the end results!
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 263
Posted: 7/11/2008 7:14:13 PM
jeff1024: Thank you!!! Nice to see a man that is secure about himself.

have you ever left it up to a man to decide all the details of a date wheather it was a birthday or any other special occasion? If you have and I'm willing to bet you have, you were controlled in THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION. I'm not shouting or angry just emphazing my point.

No I have never left it up to a man to decide all the details of a date, special occasion or anything else for that matter. If it involves me, what you can bet on is I will have equal or greater control of that situation. I am not going to let someone control me just because that person is male.

You mention trust, why is it that you think women must give up control to a man to prove she trusts him? Why shouldn't he give up control to her to show that he trusts her? Bottom line I trust myself and do not need another "father" to "guide" me through life. I have had a couple try to control me, and they were soon referred to as an ex. I had rather be alone forever than be with some man that is so insecure that he has to control me to feel like a man.

The reality is some women like men to control them.
Some men like women to control them.
Most people do not like to be controled and do not try to control others.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 267
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:58:53 PM
Wow bcosfnc57 get a grip on yourself.

By not ever letting someone else do the planning for something and just enjoying the ride along, you are cheating yourself of some great experiences. Also, you are refusing to give the other person (not just a man in a romantic relationship, but even friends) an opportunity to do something special for you or to display their own personal talents and preferences.

That seems a shame to me.

Nutt
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 271
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:39:09 AM
Wow RockHunter and Smuggler, it doesn't sound as though you find dating or women in general very pleasant. Why are YOU here? And that's an actual question, not meant to be argumentative or rude. I really hope you find someone who gives you a better impression of women.

"Are you strong enough for me" seems like a foolish thing for them to put, but it's just another attention getter--like mine is I like that I love chocolate.

I don't think strong means obnoxious. I dated a man who NEEDED a relationship so badly that every time I asked him his opinion or what he wanted to do (like go to a movie or the park, etc), his answer would be what do YOU want to do or he'd try to figure out what I want. What I really wanted was for him to tell me what he wanted or thought--which was why I asked in the first place.

We even took our children too the park once--I asked him what time he wanted to go and suggested for lunch and walk through the zoo after. Turns out his son needed a nap shortly after lunch, but he didn't mention that and so we had a naughty, cranky child the whole time. I would have been happy to go in the morning or evening if he'd only said that would suit him better, and my child was old enough that it made no difference to her moods and behaviour. He wasn't only willing to try to guess what my opinions are, he was also willing to inconvenience or not look after his children's best interests to try to please me---which was TOTALLY unnecessary silly.

In that instance, to me, strong enough means that he cares about me and is willing to discuss issues and work through them, but not that he is willing to give up all his own beliefs to please me. I expect a man to expect me to respect his opinions and beliefs just as he respects mine.

Just my thoughts.

Nutt
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 274
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:58:34 PM

Wow bcosfnc57 get a grip on yourself.

By not ever letting someone else do the planning for something and just enjoying the ride along, you are cheating yourself of some great experiences. Also, you are refusing to give the other person (not just a man in a romantic relationship, but even friends) an opportunity to do something special for you or to display their own personal talents and preferences.

Trust me, I have a grip. I just can't understand the concept of wanting to control someone or of letting yourself be controled.

I think men that want to control women are very insecure. Women who want to control men are also insecure.
 karma1160
Msg: 281
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:28:39 AM
Women do not want someone who does not ask her what she thinks. Women do like it when a guy has a plan though and has put effort into arranging the plan as far as arranging a date. As far as having an aggressive stance to get "with someone", and then what ? Don't you want someone who feels comfortable and wants to be with you? As far as someone who takes the choice out of being with someone on a close level and just takes charge like a bulldozer NO WAY. There is a difference between pursueing someone in a assertive way (which yes I do think women like that when the time is right ) and coersion and game tactics that are self centered and disrespectful. This is something that you will learn hopefully so that you can have a mutually rewarding relationship.
 grapevine
Msg: 284
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:17:52 PM
I love a man who's in control, which, from my perspective, means he takes initiative in making solid, intelligent, informed decisions.

Which means he takes the trash out without being told to do so.

Now, THAT'S "control."
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >