Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Past Life RegressionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If I ever live again, I hope not to scornfully discard the possibility that my dreams of having been a beer drinking, cyclist train driver in some previous life contains a grain of truth, but I do wonder a bit about why memories of past lives are so accessable under hypnosis. Is it some kind of quality control fault in the creators' team of professional trans-life brainwashers?
 Seavoyage
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:21:55 AM
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that people can recall past lives, but I am not saying it is not possible. It is theoretically possible if one believes in reincarnation. I have heard of what you talked about, but I have only read about it. I always thought the idea of someone remembering a past life through hypnsosis to be interesting.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 5
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:34:22 AM

It sounds ridiculous, but it's definitely an interesting idea. What do you all think of the possibility of having another body as a vessel before your "current life"?

There is a theory out there about cell memory. I'm not well versed in this at all, so I'm sure there are others who can speak more appropriately to this, but some people believe that our memories are contained within our minds and also within the cells of our bodies. They say (I think) that the imprints of past lives can carry over into our current physical state as well. I'm not sure if they also mean that phsyical traits or habits come through also, or if it's more cerebral. But I also find this fascinating!
 Seavoyage
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:54:59 AM
Bodacious Blonde, I wanted to e-mail you and ask you about WVU. Could you e-mail me since I can't contact you?

Thanks...
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:01:45 AM
At the risk of being thought a killjoy, I believe that every effort should be made to find alternative explanations for reported past life experiences. Our brains may be more creative and devious than we know.

Another shadowy phenomenon that I'd like to know about is people who "speak in tongues." My image is of a hysterical fundie being whipped up into a babbling, incoherent frenzy by some charlatan preacher at his local church, but is this a false impression? Does speaking in tongues really exist, and do the subjects ever go on to make use of their mysteriously acquired talents as language experts working for the UN or something similar?
 pappy009
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:47:01 AM
I've been to two past life regressionist. 14 yrs apart and in different cities. They didn't even know my name. Both of them told me the same thing, almost exactly. 5-6 different lives I led. It kind of stunned me that both of them said the say thing.

In each life they reported to me, I can understand that I am living part of each of those lives in this life from joining the military at 16 quitting at 20, traveling west, studying what I am into now. All mentioned in there readings to me.

So I asked one of the ladies who did this regression on me, how come I don't remember any of it. Her statement was:

"When you are born, you are born with a new brain, the brain needs to be programed about this life. What you bring in is attitudes and hidden memories or faint memories which manifest as desires" "A soul is a unit of observation"

The last part got me, "A unit of Observation", yrs later I read the same thing in a Kabbala Newsletter sent to me. It was really an experience. You got nothing to lose by seeing one of these people, if there credible. I think anyone would find it interesting if you believe it or not.
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/28/2008 12:19:12 PM
"Past life regressionist," sounds like a good job title. I wonder if you could do a degree in the subject?

Reincarnation does sound interesting. I wonder if a person who was a serial killer in a former life could come back as a goody two shoes and be haunted by violent fantasies? Does it work that way or do subjects trace a more gradual trajectory of moral improvement? Lets say for example, a serial killer comes back as a rapist who doesn't kill, then maybe a robber in the next life, followed by tax inspector,Traffic Warden and so on, gradually getting pleasanter along the way until he attains the nauseating moral purity of someone like Cliff Richard.

Then it would be a question for the reincarnatee of where to go from there. I suppose he/she could dispense with exploring the moral aspect of being human and experiment with mental ability, kicking off a new cycle of rebirths as a severely autistic mute and working up to an Einsteinian level of brilliance. Maybe to save rebirths a particularly canny soul could combine elements of both extremes to save time and reach the final goal quicker; hence - Steven Hawking. I like this game..

By the way, what happened to the thread about cults? Chelloveck posted then it vanished while I was watching Doctor Who (a particularly good episode).

Dalek involvement suspected..
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/28/2008 12:49:01 PM

i was regressed once..and i was henry the 8th in a past life..i can remember sitting at a big table eating loads of chicken and potatoes and drinking loads of wine and ale..

Henry VII died in 1547, nearly forty years before the potato was introduced to England in 1586. Are you sure you weren't eating carrots or something with the chicken?
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:17:17 PM
*sharp intake of breath* Cliff Richard might just want to sue you for defamation of character. Lol

I'm kidding about Cliff. I do quite like the period when he discovered his falsetto voice and produced records like, We Don't Talk Anymore.
 TheLimey
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:09:17 AM
What I can't fathom is how come many people were Cleopatra and/or Napoleon??? Surely at least ONE person was some blind leper amputee with chronic halitosis & genital warts?????
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 15
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:03:07 PM

Surely at least ONE person was some blind leper amputee with chronic halitosis & genital warts?????

Maybe that person was you, Limey!

You can keep your leprosy and halitosis, I'm hoping to find out I was Helen of Troy. :)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 19
Past Life Regression
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:15:42 PM
~OT~ When it comes to speaking in tongues vs. reincarnation, I'd have to strongly disagree that the two should viewed in the same light or even compared.

I'm a firm believer in reincarnation for multiple reasons. I'm also convinced in the Twin Flame concept (splitting of a soul at incarnation, only to cease re-incarnating upon uniting with it's other half.) I suppose it's one of those things resulting from personal perspective/opinion/experiences/etc. JMO
 d0rene
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:22:15 AM
I discovered reincarnation when I was about 11, it's a subject I really believe in.

Why don't we remember? Have you looked into a baby's eyes? To come back into life with a new body, new brain, and to have no control over any aspect of your life or the abilty to communicate... eventually you normally forget. Children soon learn to suppress memories because parents do not like to hear made up stories about when you lived before. Jane Seymour starred in a movie called "Yesterday's Children," based on a book by Jenny****ll who was haunted by the memory of a life lived in Ireland when she died leaving a family of young children behind. After marrying and having a baby she did visit Ireland for the first time and found the children she remembered who were in their 70s... I think, maybe their 80s. It has been a while since I watched it.

My favorite book by Sylvia Browne is called "Past Lives, Future Healing," about case studies she has done where influences of past lives affect the current ones. And there is another one called "Old Souls" another case study book about children who remember past lives. Many other countries do respect reincarnation and don't dismiss it as quickly as Americans do. I wish I had caught Brian Weiss on Oprah. I've read two of his books that I really liked.
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Past Life Regression
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:07:37 PM
If ever I was regressed, I hope I'd recall being a T Rex ripping into a triceratops and chomping on all that prime flesh. We get an idea from computer generated imagery of what such scenes were like, but there's nothing like first hand experience. It must have been gross. And I wonder how they used those withered looking forelimbs?
 number_one
Msg: 30
Past Life Regression
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:20:47 AM
I would like to read more post about other past life aggression experiences.
Here goes mine
. In my past life regression maybe several hundred years ago my husband went to war and never returned leaving me with several children. One was an infant who died because I did not have means of support. I tried begging, prostitution or whatever. It was a very hard life.
That infant was reincarnated, I married him 1974. When he was born he couldn't eat food which was put on the same plate. Food had to be in separate dishes. He grew up to be a very picky eater. I knocked myself out trying to cook for him. He turned into an alcoholic, chain smoker. Not only did he die of cirrhosis of the liver, H1N1, lung disease from smoking, he weighed 100 lbs or less at death.
To add insult to injury his mom took him to a doctor to have something done to his brain since he was born so smart. His mom was delivered a gift and didn't know it. I separated from my husband 6 years before he died. No one knew how bad off he was but until his neighbor across the street found him dead. I had him cremated and disposed of the ashes in a secret place. .. I would like to meet another man, date, dance, dine but I feel that I am pushing any potential guy away.
Oh, I don't have a glue who the guy I was married to several hundred years ago who never returned from war. All the guys I have met in the last year or so seem very vague and don't make a connection as if they are far off in some distant land. They complain that they don't believe in astrology, numerology. A snowball wouldn't melt between us. I would like to meet a guy where there would be a spark between us. Maybe I need a shoulder to cry on. I never had anyone to grieve with. Maybe I need to unleash something from my past life.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >