Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > girls who lose weight look dramatically better!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mis~fit
Msg: 43
girls who lose weight look dramatically better!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Remember, it is not YOU ~~~ it is your me-tab-o-lism.
 Gourmand123
Msg: 44
girls who lose weight look dramatically better!
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:07:09 PM
Okay, I've eaten every goodie in the house; there is no more chocolate and the turkey is almost bare. groan...
Now I have to loose weight?? crap! Will I look dramatically better? hahahahahaa not likely at this age, worse maybe. Fat fills wrinkles, or smooths out the lines
 chinua1
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/30/2009 6:59:08 PM
oops- I meant to say 'one' I've never teased anyone for being overweight, let alone called them fat to their face. I got teased (a lot) as a kid for being thin( I hated being called skinny)- I didn't wear a bikini from when I was ten until I was about 21. To me, calling someone skinny is like calling them fat.
 MWI
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:11:31 AM

oops- I meant to say 'one' I've never teased anyone for being overweight, let alone called them fat to their face. I got teased (a lot) as a kid for being thin( I hated being called skinny)- I didn't wear a bikini from when I was ten until I was about 21. To me, calling someone skinny is like calling them fat.

I've never teased anyone about their weight... or at least not intentionally.

I remember something from high school, that apparently BBW was more attractive back in the 1800's and that thin people were undesirable because they were more likely to die in the winter. It's current fashion trends of the last 40 years or so that have made it seem like a crime to be overweight.

Watch a movie... any movie. Most movies star straight white thin men and women. This is the image being projected, "look like this and have a happy ending."

Television shows are a bit more flexible, but again, predominately straight white thin men and women. On TV the BBW's wind up being the unfriendly snarky coworker/management/housekeeper.
 magikarp
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/5/2010 2:53:00 PM
What looks better is often that which is difficult to obtain. In the 1800s, it was more difficult to be fat than to be thin. Now, with the abundance of cheap food, it's easier to be fat than it is to be thin.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/5/2010 4:02:18 PM
^^^

Now, with the abundance of cheap food, it's easier to be fat than it is to be thin.

I disagree. It is more the modern lifestyle than abundance of food that contributes to obesity.

Today many people can earn a living sitting behind a desk, or sitting at the controls of a machine. This lifestyle was either rare on non-existent not so long ago, when many people had to toil in the fields.
 chinua1
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:47:45 PM
^^ I agree with both of you- portions at restaurants are bigger; and people are lazier. At least more people are. As for movies- Marilyn Monroe & Jayne Mansfield would be considered plus sized now. I don't consider myself underweight- like it says on my profile; I'm athletic @ 5'5" and 120 lbs. I don't crash diet, I don't starve myself; I'm active to not only look good but live longer.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > girls who lose weight look dramatically better!