Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Where's a good place to meet a serious guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Karrpilot
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Where's a good place to meet a serious guy?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Go to the airport. There is very little joking going on arond there. Very serious.
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 16
Where's a good place to meet a serious guy?
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:25:35 PM
I wish this were a test; as for church, though I have faith, I don't really see myself going to church to meet anyone...seems to be a popular answer though!
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:41:29 PM
After zebra's reply, I think I should date the younger men.

God help me..
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:08:41 PM
Thanks Alex,

Didn't know that--will try it out then:0)

Are you sure some guys might not lose respect?
 xeot
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:19:40 PM

wow, this is so much more difficult for a woman--after all, we take it as a compliment if a guy shows us that he likes us--guess my approach will eliminate the close-minded jerks

Not all women do. Often the less attractive a woman sees the guy the less complimented she'll feel.
 _Red_
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:09:10 PM

Supermarket! More successful than all the rest put together

Sooo true. I was going to mention in my club post that if anything, a guy I'm with should be more concerned about me meeting a guy in a supermarket then a club. (Not that I would allow it to happen) but supermarkets in singles neighborhoods are like a hotbed for guys.
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:22:38 PM
Zebra,

Don't let me get rude with your ridiculous comments posted in this forum. One has to wonder why such an old man such as yourself, from another century, is on a site like this to begin with. Besides I'd rather be alone than in the company of a ultra conservative man like yourself. No woman with any self-respect would bow down to your unrealistic, medievalesque ideas regarding relationships. I may be single now, but it will be for a short time as I just got out of a long term relationship of 4 years and now that I am looking, there doesn't seem to be a short supply of single men showing some sort of interest.

Thanks to everyone else who provided some constructive and helpful ideas--I think it's working! It also helps that I have the summer off and can finally socialize again.

Zebra, you might want to open your mind to what others have to say, especially the women as I assume you're not interested in dating your male friends. By the way, the next generation of dating is here..
 _Red_
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:40:45 PM

Scan their carts for feminine products first...

Hang around the produce section... stop and ... longingly.... lovingly... stroke some cucumbers or bananas...
quickly scan the crowd that forms and give the guy you want a wink...

LMAO here!! Never even thought to check what was in their cart. Does seem produce is always the place to be. I tend to look for the guys that know how to feel out a peach.
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:49:20 PM
Had no idea I would get so many helpful tips from the guys--nor did I know men were so much on the lookout...at the grocery store? Time to go shopping
 celts123
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:20:05 AM
Social club or events where people would have some common interests or backgrounds.
 PrinceVelveeta
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/30/2008 7:05:53 PM
I'm not much for church but if you want to meet someone who's probably serious try church singles groups.

Other than that, do stuff that you like and hang out with people who do hobbies you enjoy. Worst case scenario is you meet some new friends.

~
 sofla_butterfly
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:57:07 AM
Well, I happen to like the club scene but the majority rules it's not a place to meet someone nice--however, going out to dance and dressing fashionably are part of my interests--wouldn't make sense I would meet someone with similar interests at such a place?
 opnmydm
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:13:34 AM
a nightclub is not a good place for meeting a potential life partner, it can happen, but the odds are against it. most are there for a one night deal. i find it attractive that a woman would go up to a guy and start talking..very assertive, very sexy...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Where's a good place to meet a serious guy?