Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can you trust if she goes to clubs alone? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 broncsbuff
Msg: 51
Can you trust if she goes to clubs alone?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I will say this over and over again...If your in a commited relationship, you dont belong in bars(meat markets) till 2 in the morning....

the more you go, the more chance you will get yourself in trouble.....this goes for male and female....
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Can you trust if she goes to clubs alone?
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:39:49 AM

I will say this over and over again...If your in a commited relationship, you dont belong in bars(meat markets) till 2 in the morning.

Oh PUHLEEZ.

I do agree that those kinds of places are more geared toward singles, but to say that people in relationships don't belong there, or to say that there is something wrong with them being there is just plain silly.
Believe it or not, there are some women out there who are capable of being in a committed relationship and go to those environments without getting into "trouble." My one b/f and I were together for three years, and I still went dancing alone without him until 2 AM. He had no problems with it because he trusted me. And vice versa--sometimes he'd be out and I wouldn't mind, so long as I knew where he was and that he was safe.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:21:56 AM
gonzo....

exceptions to every rule, your one of them, you can go to a night club and not get caught in the game.....

I was a bouncer at a night club for three years...trust me on this, there are more women and men doing dirty than you think....

not saying EVERY WOMAN....im just saying that themore you go...the more you will be tempted....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:46:13 AM

LOL yes and I worked in a hotel for 8 years, I also see the HUGE numbers of men and women who travel on business who cheat just because they can- while they are away and won't get caught. So are we going to tell each other next not to travel on business alone anymore as well??

your analogy isnt the same....

people GO to meat markets to "hook up" whatever that means...people dont go on business trips to "hook up" it kinda just happens...two very different things...

I have said over and over again, if you trust your partner...so be it, you have nothing to worry about, Im just telling you from my experiances is that a lot of commited women and men are cheating in night clubs, and a LOT more than you think....

I dont even mean sex....I mean a women going on the dance floor with a man and grinding eachother to no end....I mean a bacholorette coming up to me telling me to take off my shirt licking from my neck to the top part of my pants then grabbing my "junk"...

the both above is cheating to me.....
 troy_boy
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:49:49 AM
depends. for the most part bars are pick-up joints. especially clubs. i've seen strong relationships ruined over bars. but if you're trustworthy there shouldnt be a problem. i never had that problem because i never used to let my ex's out of the sound-proof brick room with chain holds i had built in tha cellar. never could figure out why they ran like hell when i brought them out for their annual "hour in the sun"
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:20:22 PM
I sorta feel like it's necessary to back it up 1 more time and mention that it strongly depends on "what the kids are calling dancing these days."

I think the one thing that blew me away is the ammount of women I know that dance with a guy, say it was innocent dancing nothing to worry about, their boyfriends hit the dancefloor without them and all of a sudden sh*t hits the fan because "what was that? she was all over you?"

Ah well, like I said maybe I'm just crazy but in the end it's still an answer to the question.

If you can't do it infront of him comfortably, doing it without him isn't going to win you any favour.
 troy_boy
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:52:58 PM
explosive sheep-tis because we're jerks..... perverted jerks........ havent you learned that?
 troy_boy
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:57:14 PM
now go tell her but doesnt look big in those pants, and take her for a dance........ @ss.
 _Red_
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:13:33 PM

i never used to let my ex's out of the sound-proof brick room with chain holds i had built in tha cellar. never could figure out why they ran like hell when i brought them out for their annual "hour in the sun"

See?? Yet again, a man assuming the worst.

Did you ever stop to consider they just wanted to run to keep in shape for you, got a little too caught up in it and forgot to come back? But nooo...you just want to assume they didn't love you enough.

*Sigh* Men
 troy_boy
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:21:55 PM
haaaaaa! thanks red! color me embarased-- never occured to me like that.
 _Red_
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:39:28 PM
I won't let a dog hump my leg, why would I let a drunk guy, wearing his beer who can't dance for shit even get within range to try it?

I think the dog would be safer.
 _Red_
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:51:14 PM
The big drunken ones aren't. The smaller, lightweight guys can be sneaky but remember that thread about long hair being a weapon? Works great!
Then again, some guys might like getting whipped.

Time for a new strategy!
 _Red_
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:02:37 PM
LOL! I know it hurts. I've whipped myself in the eye with it by accident at times but yea, some guys might think it's a tease.

I really don't usually have a problem getting them to back off but now I'm trying to think of some more creative yet fun ways to keep them off.
 _Red_
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:15:49 PM
LOL, I usually use my elbows but will also trip them as I see them approaching and catch it quick enough. If it's a frontal approach, both hands pushing them back is usually enough on a drunk guy. After he rights himself and sees his friends laughing their asses off at him, he usually gives up for the night.

It's actually pretty amazing how easily even big ones topple over when drunk.
 _Red_
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:24:13 PM

Bigger they are, they harder they call.. our centre of gravity is higher so we naturally fall over easier... thats my excuse and im sticking to it!

Sure...you probably just let them knock you down so you can show off what's under the kilt!
 abelian
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:42:51 PM

So yea, despite all the frustration this thread led to for me, I did get the answers I needed and wouldn't expect to get into a relationship and have my guy be ok with it.

That's probably to your advantage in the long run. By understanding why a guy would object and being willing to placate him, you're more likely to earn his trust and end up being free to go back to the clubs to dance than if you took the militant approach.
 My I
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:46:09 AM

LOL, I usually use my elbows but will also trip them as I see them approaching and catch it quick enough. If it's a frontal approach, both hands pushing them back is usually enough on a drunk guy. After he rights himself and sees his friends laughing their asses off at him, he usually gives up for the night.

It's actually pretty amazing how easily even big ones topple over when drunk

I would have an issue if my g/f was in a bar doing stuff like that^^^^^^
Maybe you've lucked out. I wouldn't want a call from a hospital saying my g/f was admitted because she was hit/beaten up my a bar patron.... it gives the relationship a bad appearance.

I wouldn't want to date a woman who spends nights fending off guys... there is nothing appealing about that whatsoever.
 _Red_
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:59:19 AM

Maybe you've lucked out. I wouldn't want a call from a hospital saying my g/f was admitted because she was hit/beaten up my a bar patron....

I've never had a guy get pissed off about it, why would they when they know they're out of line? It usually gets laughed off. This isn't some dive place in a bad neighborhood or anything and reality is, a woman can gett attacked anywhere, anytime. I also know there's bouncers in every direction within 5 feet of me so it's a pretty safe place.

I've been more afraid simply walking my lab through my neighborhood, which is a nice and normally very safe one but I've still had men pull up alongside me, yell out car windows, etc and I know for me at least, that made me feel a lot more unsafe as there was no one else in sight that could have helped if there was a problem. And unfortunately my lab fails at being protective, unless a chipmunk or squirrel attacks.
 night501
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:35:02 PM
i dont see anything wrong with it.
even if it was in a serious relationship i wouldnt see anything wrong with it.
some people are just really self concious about things like that.
some people get jelous.
but then again im a trusting person, although if she dose cheat there would be no way i would take her back. she would have totaly lost my trust.
 _Red_
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:51:20 PM

it would be dam interesting to see this thread in ask a women with the gender's reversed.

I don't disagree with you there at all. It would likely have similar results if the genders were reversed but still, the reality is, the "cookie jar" is everywhere and if someone is the cheating type, it doesn't take a club to bring it out of them.

As for the argument of leaving the child alone with their hand in the cookie jar, many would argue if one is never given trust, how will you ever know if it's deserved?

I trusted, got screwed over majorly. Doesn't mean I won't trust again as everyone is unique. Now would I have major issues with a man doing the same things my ex did which wound up involving his cheating? Of course, it's only natural for certain things based on our past experiences to make us wary. Thing is, his hand was never in a bar, club or anything remotely like it but he still saw his opportunity in what I would have considered the least likely of places and he took it.

People either deserve your trust or they don't. If they prove themselves unworthy it, better to know sooner then later but reality still is, we can't control every given situation. I understand people wanting to minimize risk and in a perfect world, that might work but not in the real one.
 _Red_
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:03:14 PM
All women just had this huge women's lib conference thing and decided to make you guys's lives Hell with these kinds of questions and silly ideas!!
 _Red_
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:07:58 PM
It just hasn't permeated every other facet of your life yet.

All in good time....
 _Red_
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:15:32 PM
Hey Nicegirl, try living up to your name sometime, ok? First your cougar comment here, posts about how immature and disgusting clubs are, followed by your insulting remarks to a guy who just wants to enjoy spring break in another thread...

You're holier then tho attitude is getting tiring. Try finding some enjoyment in your own life. Perhaps then you'll be less judgemental of others.

Get a little experience and maturity while you're at it. Then I just might care about your opinion.
 _Red_
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:41:02 PM

And you do seem to care what I think otherwise why so bitter?

Not bitter at all, I guess I just don't understand people who troll posts purely for the sake of injecting their judgemental remarks with no true intelligence or insight shown. Your forum history speaks for itself.

don't be glum, chum....just let's all move on :) sigh... I know you're replying already :(

Awww...how could I when you do the cute little sad face after switching personalities? I find it quite entertaining to be honest. Your pathetic attempt at reverse psychology above is really cute and all but you're still a child who has obviously not yet learned to judge themselves before others.

I believe you said this thread was boring you and it truly must be if you had nothing better to do then count my posts. Seeing as that must be your main form of entertainment, how could I possibly dissapoint you now?
 _Red_
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:06:55 PM
Cool, buy some life experience. Now stop wasting time on this thread and go post some more "nice" things to try to live up to your name.

Could take you a few days to clear your history.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can you trust if she goes to clubs alone? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]