Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 day off pilot
Msg: 525
The instant chemistry demandPage 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I agree with you. I have said that chemistry is the combining of elements and it takes time for them to bond and become cohesive. I think you are on the money with the physical attraction part..it does change.
I also believe that hollywood and media have told us for so long that the beautiful and thin are what we should want...and we bought into thier theories and made lawyers rich in divorce court.
If we all set aside this 5 minute fireworks thing and take the time to get to know one another and realize that we all have flaws and perfections...we might find the relationship we have always pictured for ourselves. Yes we have our ideal body types and being open instead of ridged in what we like opens up our possibilities. My ex was a size 3 and still is...I was used to this and thought that was what I wanted till I met someone who wasn't a size 3 but a 12 and looked like a 7...even though it didn't go anywhere she opened my mind to more. It was a valuable lesson and taught me a lot about chemistry and about myself.
Quit looking for that instant spark. It's merely a distraction from what we truly want for a longterm relationship.
 Fifi47
Msg: 528
The instant chemistry demand
Posted: 8/5/2009 4:20:47 AM
I agree, but so many people say they cannot do that as it a waste of time. I am attracted to so many different types of men that I cannot imagine meeting 20 men and finding 18 of them not appealing enough to want to see again, people say they are just that way and cannot help it. I wonder about the differences in people regarding this topic.
 mcwr
Msg: 531
The instant chemistry demand
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:40:47 AM
I wouldn't date a girl that I didn't think was cute. And I wouldn't want to date someone that didn't think I was cute. Dating for any other reason is a waste of time, IMO. If a woman wants money, she can get a job.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >