Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TJ7
Msg: 51
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
EXACTLY - my girls picked up on that immediately - I thought the characters and actors did a very good job. There was doubt all the way thru the movie.
 wideband
Msg: 52
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?
Posted: 11/27/2009 9:47:14 PM
In respect to the Phantom of the Opera question, I believe it is "Hold your hand at the level of your eye" not in front of your face. The primary weapon the phantom uses in the story is an Indian strangulation device that works like a lasso that ropes around your neck and instantly tightens causing asphyxiation, so if you hold your hand up at the level of your eye, your wrist will block the noose from closing, thus avoiding death.
 ~Lone Ranger~
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/28/2009 3:38:36 AM
Thx................................................................
 climbsagain
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/26/2009 8:51:17 AM
Here is one of the best movies of the Christmas season. "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. What a great film. Clooney is at his best in this very interesting film. Sure to please most fish swimming in the vast holiday pond !
 racefan529
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 9:06:04 AM
I'm not good at sitting and paying attention quietly for 2 hours so I rarely go to movies, but just took the kids to see The Blind Side. If you want to laugh, cry , and go home feeling good,it's nothing short of heartwarming.
 Husker Freak
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 9:11:42 AM
I just saw the Departed last night. Great movie!!
 TJ7
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/26/2009 4:52:45 PM
Me and the girls watched Australia yesterday...............had it forever, just never watched it.

Although it was a long movie - it was very good. I'd definitely recommend it.
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/26/2009 7:33:00 PM
Saw The Blind Side with friends around Thanksgiving. Excellent movie, and knowing the story is real is great - there are some awesome people in the world!
 TJ7
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/27/2009 11:45:54 AM
My sister and nephew said that Avatar is excellent - awesome graphics.

And my kids saw Sherlock Holmes last evening - said it was also excellent, but long.

I'm still waiting on 4 Christmases and Hangover from Netflix - grrrrrrr
 rosebuds57
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:22:06 AM
Saw Nine on Christmas day with my son. Son liked it very much, I thought it was OK. Fergie stole the show with her part. Daughter and son-in-law saw it too, and both liked it a lot.
 Janinohio
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 10:47:30 AM
YES!!! We went to see "It's Complicated" yesterday. It was great. one of the best movies that I have seen in years. Go see it!
Hugs, Jan
 beardedcowboy1964
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/28/2009 1:32:02 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Jan, that one looked cute. Will check with my movie partner and see if she is up for sharing a bowl of popcorn over this one.
 whatacrok
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:31:47 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions ...
 e*Musing
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:38:14 PM
A V A T A R...kinda like a cross between Dances with Wolves and Fern Gully (on acid).

A sensory and perceptual overload...there was no way you could take it all in. Left the theater with a strange sense of enjoyable unease...kinda like getting released from police custody after a weekend binge and no penalties...just enjoy the feelings.

Incredible...ohhhh, and only see it in 3D...great fun.

wideband
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/29/2009 10:14:31 PM
I just saw District 9.... absolutely awesome. The way you feel sympathetic for the guy at the start of the movie, and then sympathetic for him in a totally different way at the end is a testament to what a well made movie it is. It is also a very dark look at humanity, just how horrible people can be.
 SilverIon
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 1:48:43 AM
Thanks ya'll for the movie recommendations. I have District 9 on it's way from netflix and we were talking about going to see Avatar this week. He is taking tomorrow off so maybe then at the noon showing at a 3D theater.

We saw Terminator Salvation and I thought that was just a bad movie. Don't get me wrong the special effects were good, just the acting was weak and the plot was just lame.
 climbsagain
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/30/2009 5:59:39 AM
Watching older movies this week on break. Great having the Cuyahoga Library to visit, good selection of movies. Today I recommend the Spike lee film, " Miracle at St.Anna". Lee tknows how to tell a story. This film is a fine example of Spike Lee's work.
 TJ7
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/2/2010 10:31:13 PM
The kids and I finally watched "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. Very touching and good movie - we all teared up at the end - Have a box of tissues nearby.
 beardedcowboy1964
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:32:49 PM
Jan, watched It's Complicated this weekend. You were right, a very good movie to share a bag of popcorn over with your sweetie.
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:13:04 PM
My daughter and I just got back from seeing Avatar. I thought it was really an awesome movie. Probably the best one I've seen in awhile as it completely takes you into the story and you practically forget your surroundings. I never lost interest in the story or started thinking about something else. Just sat enthralled.

Some have criticized its ecological message, but I believe this will have a great impact on how people view the systematic destruction of our habitat by the unscrupulous planet rapists.
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:43:56 PM
I watched Surrogates tonight with Bruce Willis. I actually don't like Bruce Willis in movies much because he always is practically the same character in all his movies. Kind of stoic in his facial features and moves around stiffly. Even when he's playing emotion, it's as if he has only one emotion and he is stuck there. Anyway, just my opinion about that.

The plot of the movie is kind of the same as Avatar's. Funny how everything moves in the same vein. I was listening to George Noory's interview of Fred Bell today in which Bell was talking about technology that we have. Makes me wonder what in the world is going to happen here on earth.

But this movie was kind of interesting.
 e*Musing
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:32:04 PM
I actually heard that Avatar was lifted...too, seems that if you read the story of Pochahantos and Captain John Smith...virtually the same.
 climbsagain
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:12:28 AM
I actually heard that Avatar was lifted...too, seems that if you read the story of Pochahantos and Captain John Smith...virtually the same.

Good vs evil is a common theme in movies........anyone recall Star Wars?
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/6/2010 9:39:57 AM
According to Georges Polti, there are only 36 dramatic situations. Some people say there are less. So the only thing different in story plots are the characters and scenes which are built around these dramatic situations. I find it fascinating how movies reflect the current consciousness of the world as well as many other current events. Listen to soundlessdawn's channel on youtube and see his take on this.

I think it was someone in Russia (?) who claimed Avatar was based upon his ideas. Avatar even has similar sounding names as his, such as Pandora. He'll probably be paid off. Haven't heard anything else about this for awhile.
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:09:11 AM
i recently just watched the taking of pelham 123 with john travolta and denzel washington. very good movie and john and denzel were great.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?