Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 patoi
Msg: 126
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Just saw The American" yes... very slow and disappointing... expected more action from George, but beautiful Italian scenery.
Perfume was my favorite book and the movie was very good.
Law Abiding Citizen was violent but riveting to watch..
Taken will shake you to your soul... Liam is always amazing to watch..
Still waiting to see Avatar.... hope this helps with the quest to find some good flicks to watch!
Enjoy...
 DrKimono
Msg: 127
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?
Posted: 9/15/2010 3:58:37 PM
I just saw Miss Potter with Renee Zellweger. It was good, but mostly good for learning about the life of Beatrix Potter, the author of the Tales of Peter Rabbit. I'm a history nut and not much of a Renee Zellweger fan.

I am about to receive a string of movies from Netflix: Poirot, Midsomer Murders, etc., lots of English murder mysteries and dramas. Just love those!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2010 11:12:50 AM
The Repo Men.....

Yeah, now here is a bit of 'Science Fiction' that could likely (& is starting to) come true!

You're not a paitent in that hospital bed, your just an endless sack of money!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:19:28 AM
I just saw The Bridesmaids, kinda like The Hangover... but from the womans point of view.

Probably would hit home more with the women, or at least someone who had been in a wedding party. .. I still enjoyed it anyway.
 Unfold
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/30/2011 7:15:59 PM
There is a Stephen Hawking 3 part series on NetFlicks that I would highly recommend.

DesertFox3
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2011 12:26:16 AM
Saw Super 8 a few weeks ago, this took place in Belmont County Ohio in 1979. (But actually filmed in Weirton WV).

Sci Fi & Alien fans may enjoy.
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/22/2011 9:44:02 AM
I just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on opening night (Tuesday). The movie itself was good, although I think the Swedes did a better job with the story in their movie. I looked at my watch when it was over and I couldn't believe I was in the theater for 3 whole hours!

I heard they were making all 3 of the Girl movies at the same time with release dates over the next two years. It'll be interesting to see what they do script-wise with the other two.
 climbtothetop1234
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:48:57 AM
A must see for the ladies..." Passion in the Desert " a Ben Daniels film .........this film will leave all the ladies with weak knees and weaker resolve
 DesertFox3
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:00:22 AM
I just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on opening night (Tuesday). The movie itself was good, although I think the Swedes did a better job with the story in their movie. I looked at my watch when it was over and I couldn't believe I was in the theater for 3 whole hours!

I heard they were making all 3 of the Girl movies at the same time with release dates over the next two years. It'll be interesting to see what they do script-wise with the other two.

Spinach. I'm assuming this is the new version with Daniel Craig.... as this is now being released on DVD I will be seeing it soon.... I tend not to go to theaters anymore.

Did you see the other 2 sequels from the Swedes? 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' , & 'The Gril Who Kicked The Hornets Nest' ? I caught these both within the last few months. All pretty good & rather long themselves (>2 hrs each), anyone know did these follow the books well?

Another local movie was to Kill the Irishman about the Cleveland Mafia Bombings.
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 135
Posted: 2/6/2012 5:55:58 AM
The Swedish versions of Tattoo and Fire followed the books much more closely than the American versions. I haven't read Hornets Nest yet because I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback later this month, so I haven't yet seen the last Swedish movie of the series. As with any screen adaptation of a book, there are many details that don't make the movie cut. It seemed to me like the American movies cut details from the Swedish movies like the Swedish movies cut details from the books - kind of like a double watering down.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:04:21 PM
TY, my brother has read all the books but hasn't seen the last Swede movie either, I have yet to ask him about them. I was unaware they were going to make 3 movies in the US versions, just the first.

Seems like you say they are cutting details, yet making the movies longer, that makes them drag, the Swede versions did hold my attention, sometimes seeing a movie way over 2 hours is a discouragement from even renting them. That series though was well worth it! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?