Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prince_111
Msg: 26
asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf beforePage 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I don't think dating depends only on race, they are many other factors. Race is just one of them and it is not the most important.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 27
view profile
History
asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before
Posted: 7/3/2008 5:26:14 PM
Hey, I did specify. I'm Chinese. I'm proud of my heritage. And this is the kind of crap that the op sent me even though I posted a very encouraging email to tell him to just go ahead and ask that girl out. Instead he sends me this crap. It's an open discussion forum, I don't need people sending me derogatory emails:

"white guys hey.the white guys lol hahah sell out. ewww got make half breeds. the odd couple thats for sure. you must be very very white washed. do you have any asian pride or do you put down on all of us asian people. we are just as good or better than white ppl. white ppl are lazzzyyyyy.

i got it all girl. a good high paying job, 2 high end cars, i own a business. i'm a catch. i just don't associate or talk to asian white washed sell outs.
look in the mirror please"

This shows who you really are, OP. An ass. Who ever said I wasn't proud of my heritage? And the reason I wouldn't date you is because you're a racist insecure jerk, not because you are Asian!
 Paradise3921
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 8:38:49 PM
To all my Asian brothers, don’t get trap in the stereotypes, labels and propagandas. You are so much better than you know. I had many girls in my lifetime, and they all vary in ages and ethnicity, once they have me they can’t get enough, they keep coming back for more and more, but I’m very selective. The following are some excerpt from the emails I’ve been receiving from ladies, mostly Caucasian.

- “Tell me more about yourself, you handsome thing, you.”
- “LOL You have a great sense of humor !!”
- “Damn, if being sexy was a crime, you'd be guilty as charged!
- “Congratulations! I have voted you the hottest guy around! And your prize is ...????????”
-“Love the profile and I think your looking hot, just a little G.U.D. (geographically UN desirable) this is frustrating!”
-“You sound like a really cool and wonderful person”
-“I felt happy, safe and comfortable with you”

Thanks God I'm Asian, I really love myself...therefore I can love others.
P.S. Can someone pass me the mirror please...lol
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:47:50 PM
Hey, why would you defend him? I didn't ask him to "pm" me racist derogatory insults. So why should I protect him if he's trying verbally abuse me in private as a result of this forum. If he wanted to discuss the topic of this forum, then he should be able to continue the discussion here - but obviously the only reason he made it a private message is because he knew he was just being an ass to me - so I refuse to allow him to do that to people privately. Don't worry, I have blocked him so that he can't do that to me again, but don't freakin' defend him when he does crap like that. I did not invite a private message in any way.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 1:22:43 AM
Just wanted to leave a for Seaga
 Paradise3921
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 9:28:17 AM
Asian American females often assert that Asian males are intolerant of Asian female/white male interracial relationships yet the truth is that any intolerance with Asian interracial relationships exists with white males who support Asian female/White male relationships yet denounce Asian male/white female relationships or any relationship involving white females and nonwhite males in general. Not only do white males have a history of violence and prohibition against these kinds of relationships but they have shown their discontent of these relationships through violence, laws that inhibit these relationships and in modern times divergent depictions of support for white males in interracial relationships and disapproval of Asian males in relationships with white females and any relationships of nonwhite males with white females in general.

Asian females do not have the right to question Asian male tolerance towards Asian female interracial relationships with white males as Asian males have been more than tolerant with these kinds of relationships probably to a fault. The fact that there aren't news stories about Asian males acting disapprovingly towards AF/WM relationships by spitting, punching, verbally abusing or trying to physically or socially inhibit these relationships prove that Asian males are more decent guys than white guys when it comes to these kinds of relationships. White males have had a history of inhibiting their women from having relationships with nonwhite males even to this day through violence, passing of laws, social and media conditioning and other despicable acts of intolerance.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/7/2008 2:26:49 PM
do you notice a lot of asian girls and white guys nowadays esp in dwtn Vancouver or maybe even in your area. what do you think of it.

There has been a heavy Influx of Asians over the last 10 Years into Vancouver directly from China. It appears the Majority of them have Preferences for Caucasian Men, whereas Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese tend to stick with their own Ethnicities.

Many Chinese Ladies come here entirely for the Purpose of finding a Caucasian Husband, but often have Trouble to "connect" culturally, and some after a Number of failed Relationships go back and find an Asian Boyfriend.
 evrybdy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:31:09 PM
I've wondered this thing too, and this thread has been very interesting. I have been dumped by guys who liked Asian girls but I always figured, "Oh well, I wasn't what they were looking for" but I do think they have an edge on me in some ways. I would date an Asian guy though, if he is sweet and nice what difference does it make? I hate having a laundry list of things that matter in a mate when it's what's on the inside that matters.

M
 richard233
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:15:17 AM

Asian American females often assert that Asian males are intolerant of Asian female/white male interracial relationships yet the truth is that any intolerance with Asian interracial relationships exists with white males who support Asian female/White male relationships yet denounce Asian male/white female relationships or any relationship involving white females and nonwhite males in general. Not only do white males have a history of violence and prohibition against these kinds of relationships but they have shown their discontent of these relationships through violence, laws that inhibit these relationships and in modern times divergent depictions of support for white males in interracial relationships and disapproval of Asian males in relationships with white females and any relationships of nonwhite males with white females in general.

Asian females do not have the right to question Asian male tolerance towards Asian female interracial relationships with white males as Asian males have been more than tolerant with these kinds of relationships probably to a fault. The fact that there aren't news stories about Asian males acting disapprovingly towards AF/WM relationships by spitting, punching, verbally abusing or trying to physically or socially inhibit these relationships prove that Asian males are more decent guys than white guys when it comes to these kinds of relationships. White males have had a history of inhibiting their women from having relationships with nonwhite males even to this day through violence, passing of laws, social and media conditioning and other despicable acts of intolerance.

First off, we all observe others from our own perspective.
If a lady feels that members of her own group are intollerent, that's her perspective.
A lady of any group may question whether or not members of her group are tollerant
about her dating outside that group. Just because your experiences/beliefs are what
they are does not mean she has to just accept those experiences/beliefs over her own.

For the record almost every culture has had rules that punish women for dating
outside the group. Whether its simply shunning or physical punishment. I'd say
all have done so, but it would not surprise me if there have been some enlightened
cultures that have not in some way done so. In any case, we are dealing with the
here and now. I'm responsible for my acts and attitudes and not for those who
simply look similiar to me. I really could care less if you date someone within or
without your group. As long as both parties are consenting adults, so be it.
Have a great time and treat each other well.
 richard233
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:25:08 AM

I've thought about this quite a bit in my life, and I think its a combination of a few important factors.

Part of it is what we're taught is "attractive" through the media. The media in this country is extremely white-centric. The history taught here is extremely european based. Everything is biased towards white people, and typically asians are much more in line with white people here than say latinos or african americans.

I'm not here to preach about if this is right or wrong, because I really don't care that much. The issue here is its TRUE. Asians as a group in this country are in the highest income bracket. This is not due to us being naturally smarter (which I like to say in front of my white friends who are actually smarter than I am), it is because of the huge emphasis of education and work ethic instilled by our families/backgrounds. Other minority groups have tougher times economically in this country because of educational reasons, something that is overcome by the asian community. (by the way, nothing I've said has anything to do with what I think about each group, its just what the numbers show) What am I getting at with all these statistics and crap? Asians tend to be "around" white people much more so than other racial groups, even more so than other asians simply because there aren't many of us. So, this is step 1 - you typically "like" the type of people you are around the most. For most asians, this is white people.

Step 2 - Asian males have a problem in popular culture. Some of this is due to our mannerisms, some of it is due to pressure from other groups, some of it is due to media. Asian males are NEVER protrayed as sexual creatures. White men, black men, latino men have all been portrayed as very sexual beings in media. When is the last time you've seen a good looking Asian male in an undewear picture? Doesn't happen. When do you see them as the guy who gets the girl in the movies? Never ever never. Not in the west, anyway.

Step 3 - Social pressures. You will usually see asians hanging out with a bunch of white people, or with a bunch of asians. This is due to 2 reasons. For white people, see step 1 above. For asians, its because they feel they need to hang around other asians. Both are a bit wacky in my opinion, but whatever. The first group is the one which we will concentrate on. I've grown up with a bunch of white people. They say the same thing EVERY SINGLE TIME an Asian girl walks by "Yo man, thats all you" and I say laugh and tell them they are idiots. I can't tell you how many times this has happened. The thing is, when I was in my early 20s, I had a backlash against it. I would do everything I could do to avoid talking to that asian girl no matter what I thought about her because I didn't want to sit there and be scrutinized about what I was doing, or how the situation was going. I feel this was a personal issue. Over time, I got past that feeling, because I sure as hell liked asian girls, why would I deny myself talking to them?

So, I know this sounds long-winded, but it is what I've observed and what I know from personal experince. Personally, I've never had a problem with women. I'm built pretty well, and I've been told I'm very good looking. I've met plenty of women in my life, have no problems meeting more if I wanted to. That being said, I don't have many problems. I have noticed, however, that other asian guys don't have very much confidence, and can be painfully shy. I've tried to encourage them to be more outgoing or friendly or just funny, but its almost not instilled in them. I'm very outgoing and confident, so I think that helps just as much as someone just being attractive (but, being attractive is a huge help in itself).

These observations are based on very broad generalities. Each specific person is obviously different. When I was younger, I really liked white women. Like I said, I purposefully avoided asian girls. As I got older, I realized I was being stupid and realized asian women were very much more attractive to me (Latinas also. God I love them) When I walk into a bar or club, I immediately look for black hair. If I don't see it, I just concentrate on the drinks. :)

-Wil

1) I agree completely. Culture is the primary influence. Hard work gets results.

2) I don't really pay attention to underwear ads. I'm pretty sure that I've seen
Asian guys on the packs I buy, along with guys who happen to black and happen
to be white. I have seen them get the girl in the movies, though I do admit its
less frequently than other groups. Just about every Jackie Chan movie has him
getting a girl, if not necessarily "the" girl. Of course, if you go and watch his movies
from the Hong Kong days, he is the star and of course he got the girl.
I have not seen either of the Harold and Kumar films, but neither of them is white,
and I'm guessing they both got a girl or two in the films.

3) I'm glad you got over your issues. It's hard enough to find a good woman without
eliminating someone for frankly silly reasons.
 clubkid66
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:47:39 PM
You date who you want because if you are going to be with someone it should be by choice.
 Paradise3921
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:20:15 PM
White guys who answer these posts always leave this out of their argument about how it's ok for everybody including Asian guys to accept these relationships when these are the same people who would denounce relationships between Asian males and white females. This is obvious by the way the white media in this country pair up Asian females with White males 90-99% of the time when the majority of Asian relationships are between Asian females and Asian males. The media doesn't do this to women of any other race hence you don't see those women have a thing for white males in the same proportion as Asian females.

The problem with the distortion of Asian interracial relationships is that the media gives a thumbs up to Asian female interracial relationships-showing this mostly with white males, sometimes with black males and almost never with Hispanic males and you get the mirroring effect of social dynamics for Asians in this country. One has to ask why the media continues to portray Asian females with nonAsian males the majority of the time when Asian female Asian males male up the majority of Asian relationships in this country. The media doesn't do this with women of any other race.
 richard233
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:48:36 PM

White guys who answer these posts always leave this out of their argument about how it's ok for everybody including Asian guys to accept these relationships when these are the same people who would denounce relationships between Asian males and white females.

As a guy who happens to be "white" I can tell you straight out I really don't care
who is dating who based on race. It's meaningless to me. Now if the girl is a friend
and the guy is an a-hole, well, then I have a reason to care.

Read my earlier posts. You want to date a lady who happens to be white, and she
wants to date you. Knock yourself out. You want my blessing? You've got it.
Though why in the world you would give a dang what anyone else thinks beats me.

The closest I come to caring is if someone else is dating someone I want to date.
Jealousy/envy is normal, but not productive. It's not like I'm going to have Jennifer
Aniston leave whoever she is dating at the moment for me.

I really don't know why the media puts together the couples they do, other than they
think it will put butts in seats. It's why Will Smith was paired with Eva Mendez in
Hitch. If you happen to not like the pairing going on the screen, change the chanel,
vote with your feet. Media will do whatever it can to maximize profits, like the
politicos will do anything for a vote.
 blueangel1023
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:00:40 PM

Some of you guys really sound like this guy...

http://www.holytaco.com/2008/06/27/the-douchiest-phone-message-in-history/

Haha, that was the most funniest thing I've heard all day...

I don't think there's anything wrong with an Asian girl dating a Caucasian guy much less any other race (aside from Asian men) To each their own. A lot have been living in a more westernized society and are white washed. I'm basically 3rd generation here and some of the asian girls I knew at school were only 1st gen and possibly 2nd gen. They never got along with me since there would be an English barrier. If I said it's raining cats and dogs, they'd look up at the sky and think I'm going crazy. Sure, they might think a Caucasian guy is attractive, but in a way it'll be a taboo if they brought them home to their parents. If they make money, what's some Benjamins between the color of your skin? (I keed) Most of my cousins married white guys and even a guy cousin of mine married a nice Italian women (who recently had twins) and are happily married. I think if two people get along physically and mentally I don't see the problem.

For me, it's hard to find an Asian guy who likes my carefree attitude and sense of humor. Not only that, but I'm 5'8...I'd say 90% of the Asian guys are about my height if not shorter. That certainly puts a damper on things. I usually feel the guy who brought up this issue is a guy who can't get an asian girl, or an angry asian guy who think the white man is stealing their women. Haha, joking of course. Don't get mad at the twinkie! >_<
 Frisky Monkey
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:47:09 AM
The type of Asian girl who goes for Caucasian men tend to be Plump, have a ridiculous tan, somewhat dumpy looking with an overly loud voice, annoying opinionated and "proud" of her heritage in an obnoxious whitewashed expert way but doesn't really live it. And if she's isn't dumpy, she'll probably get a boob job and a ridiculous fake tan (ahem Tila Tequila).

The type of girls that most Asian guys want to date anyway are quieter, not necessarily submissive but know when to bring up an issue, size 6 at biggest (typically size 2), and being Asian is who they are, not just some novelty which they flaunt for the sake of exoticness.
 blueangel1023
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:52:43 PM

The type of Asian girl who goes for Caucasian men tend to be Plump, have a ridiculous tan, somewhat dumpy looking with an overly loud voice, annoying opinionated and "proud" of her heritage in an obnoxious whitewashed expert way but doesn't really live it. And if she's isn't dumpy, she'll probably get a boob job and a ridiculous fake tan (ahem Tila Tequila).

So all of sudden Tila is automatically the spokeswoman on behalf of all us asians? I admit I'm on the plumper side. I do have boobs and an ass (I don't need surgery for the future) but I don't fake 'n bake. I do tan easily outside, but it's au natural. Tila is Viet and they tend to be more "proud" of their heritage than other asians. I don't go yelling out "W00t! Azian pride 4eva!" I guess I must be the overly loud, annoying, dumpy, and opinionated asian you speak of? Wow, who could've thought...no wonder why asian guys hate me. Oh sh*t, guess what? I'm size 7.5 in shoes. Take that!
 Mexican_Teddybear
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/14/2008 12:22:46 AM
LOL fake n' bake,yeah I think only us latinos are the only ones that yell "hispanic pride forever!!!" I have a friend whos asian and she mostly likes latinos,never asked her but I will now since mostly I always see asain girls with white guys.But you know every single race has some kind of stereotype in relationship wise but I think whoever said that asian guys aren't forward with asking a asian girl is true.
 richcreamyhot
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:02:55 PM
I HAVE NEVER DATED AN ASIAN GUY BEFORE.
 blueangel1023
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:17:36 PM
Wow, this thread is totally off topic...lol.

I believe the MAIN point of the topic was asking if it's ok to date an asian girl who only dates or has a white guy as a bf. As I'm sure some people have their preferences, I don't think it should matter just as long as she's dating you because she likes YOU, not because of your race being a factor. Although I do prefer dating caucasians, I have dated hispanics as well. I did give dating an asian guy a go, but it did not work out well...lol (Reasons I do not want to disclose for I will run this thread off topic again) However, it is a turn off when a guy tells me "All I date were Asian women" It just goes to show you're picky and you don't give anyone else a chance out there. Not to mention the yellow fever craze is so overrated.
I don't go telling my dates "I love white boys" If they must ask about the guys I usually go for, sure I'll tell that a majority of them are white. However, I don't running my mouth and start giving a lecture on why I prefer white guys over everyone else. Just let it be, damn!

Oh and btw kit901, my dad was born in the US in 1957. My grandfather served in the US navy as a chef. I'm sure there's quite a few Asians who are born in the US that are around your age. Maybe you just never encountered any who would give you the time of day, or perhaps as you would say "are too shy to ask you out"
 La Gioconda
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/23/2008 5:56:54 AM
I have read few comments on this thread. I can 'hear' lots of 'arguing'. I want to say I understand people have their preference including the race they prefer to date. One of my friend would only date blacks, I know many caucausian men who do not feel any connection with Asian women, and yep they do reside in Vancouver. Having said all that, what is the moral of the story ... actually there isn't.

Everyone is entitled to date whoever they want. I don't find this phenomena that bizarre because of the geographical location we live in, yes there is lots of Asian Women here. I do have some theory and I tend to believe there is some truth in it. Please, don't start attacking me for it, because I said there is 'some' truth in what I want to say. I tend to agree with a couple of posters earlier in the thread who said there is little bit of 'myth'. Why? I think Asian represents 'exotica', it is such different world from the Western, so I tend to believe this one of the reason. I do have a friend who is obsessed with Asian Women, and I don't find it healthy. He talks a lot about them, as if there wasn't any other topic in the world, and in addition it seems to me he is objectifying them, by simply being attracted to race, not to a particular person. That's why I find it unhealthy, and definitely a 'myth'. Furthermore, he wasn't able to attract Asian woman in Canada, and went through the trouble of travelling abroad. Let's see what happens. He admitted that he finds Asian women in the country of origin less sophisticated (they want out). Just saying, go figure.

I don't see that many caucasian women being crazy about Asian men. So, this alone is also a phenomena to me, because here in Vancouver there is lots of them. So this is kind of interesting why?

I do believe there are some other hidden 'truths'. I have dated a couple of Asian Men in the past, it had got nothing to do with the race, I was originally attracted to them as people. I must admit I much more connected to my own race, and especially in the bedroom department, no question about it.

There are also other factors, like 'a sense of inferiority' that stems from historical backgrouond, it plays role in dating game, IMO. By the way I don't think any race is superior or inferior, I am talking about collective consciousness of various races.

There is a book written by Marguerite Duras, 'The Lover', she explores the topic further. And it is all about passion between two people in the first place. thnks

my 2 cents
 windloverr
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:56:40 AM
I think it is very sad that you are so prejudice. What difference does it make what color someone else is; and what color the person is they prefer to date? I wouldn't be concerned unless I was dating that person myself; and they said "I only date white people." Then I would be concerned that they are prejudice. I have a lot of non-white friends; and would not want to subject them to someone who would judge them based on their color. To answer your question, if I see an Asian girl and a white guy, I think, "They look happy"; I don't think "That Asian girl looks happy with that white guy who also looks happy."
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:25:56 AM
The asian girls that I dated typically were only dating white guys. One mentioned that she liked the looks of offspring between a caucasion and an asian.

However, where I live - it's so diversified that you are limiting yourself if you are only dating within your race.

I don't have any problems with inter-racial dating. It's the 21st century. Different strokes for different folks.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:13:13 AM
There seems to be a lot of psychoanalyzing and mental masturbating going on in this thread. I prefer Asian women for the most basic reason men and women end up with one another... Physical attraction! To me, the average Asian woman is more physically attractive than the average (any other ethnicity you want to substitute). Does this mean I'm not attracted to women of other color? No. I' just not AS attracted to the average white woman, black woman, hispanic woman, or what have you.

I have no more control over this than I do my basic sexual preference for women in general rather than men. Is it so hard to believe that Asian women could feel the same way toward another ethnic group, that most commonly exhibits the physical traits she desires most? Whether it be white, black, or the many Asian women that will not for any reason date outside their race. Yes, these women exhist as well.
 jet_45
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:22:50 AM
lol not my parents who are tradtional chinese folks, i never heard asian folks who tell their kids that white is right . lol most of them call them the white gwai lows. lol. i hvae friends family members who says white ppl have no family connefctions, they are lazy......etc goes on
those asian who said white is right is probably the self hate or whtie wasehed not the asian ppl i now of. lol
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:28:29 AM
Never heard that before, what's carpenters dream?

It's from a very old joke.... "She's a carpenter's dream. Flat as a board and easy to nail."

"Xsploosh" is obviously very bitter toward Asian women. I'm thinking jealousy. Maybe she's lost at least one man to Asian women. Or someone she has her eye on prefers them to her. Who knows? She seems to be quite a nasty person regardless.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before